New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Shadowrun 4th - In the beginning(IC)

Sabrina

"Whoa." Sabrina dashes over to make sure the woman is out of the car's way and gives her a hand. "Hey, no, it's okay. I just live here. Here," she offers the cup of water to the woman, "it's water." If allowed to, she helps the woman to get up enough to sit on the curb. "Seems like nowhere is safe these days, yeah? Stupid gangers. Think they own the damn streets." She glances down at her commlink then, strapped to her arm. "You want me to call someone for you? Tow truck? Cops?"

She takes a critical look over the woman, trying to make sure she isn't anything more than just shaken up.

Spoiler
    Show
    First Aid to diagnose (8 dice): 3,2,2,3,5,5,4,2
    (2 hits)

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

Sin slowly makes his way towards his sister and the woman, keeping his hands in front of him. He looks down the street, slightly ponderously for a moment and moves away, not far from Sabrina, but slightly closer to the building so he can see further down the street.

He whispers quietly, peering intently as he eyes fade to the golden color once more. He squints slightly as his hair suddenly fades to a deep tan color, the sides taking on an even lighter shade. A thoughtful, growling sound eminates from him slightly as he looks about, his eyes focused on something distant that no one else can apparently see. His movement draws attention lower along his back were what appears to be a tan tail swishes back and forth.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting Clairavoyance to see if he can see what the sound of the accident was down the street.
    Casting Claravoyance at Force Level 10(whoo hoo for physical damage! *crosses fingers* for 40m range
    Drain: Resist 4: [2, 6, 5, 1, 4, 6, 1, 6, 6]: 5 hits (*dodges magic bullet*)
    Magic Test:
    10D6 = [6, 5, 1, 3, 2, 4, 2, 3, 4, 5]
    : 3 hits

Ok, I admit I didn't think of the spirit mask until after I decided "Hey, casting at max force sounds fun!".....
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Magic

Sinkalip reaches out with his spell, but comes to realize the 50 meters isn't as far as it seems in a city. Scanning the general area, he can find no accident. Behind the next building down, he detect some movement in the deep shadows of the back alley, but little detail. At the end of the block, in a building on the side street, he can see a man sitting in an open third floor window looking down the street at something.

Woman

The woman initially flinches away from Sabrina and then, after a moment, she realizes that she isn't in danger calms a bit. The child continue to scream. After a moment of fumbling around she tries to take the water, but can't really see it. With Sabrina's help, she washes the eyes of the baby, which relieves the pain, but makes the baby wet. It continues to cry, but using a slightly different tone.

The woman still needs help, but, the cup is out of water. She says, "Yes, my thanks to you. I still can't really see. Do you have any more water? I don't think I'll be able to drive until my vision clears and I.. I think my car may be damaged. I couldn't get it to start." Her voice seems very constrained. She keeps trying to wipe her eyes on her shirt, but she can't get the burning to stop.

Team

Finally, "help" arrives. Everyone can hear the approach of a Lone Star cruiser and its siren. Although obviously late for this party, they may be headed somewhere else.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

Over the commlink to Renko: [Hey, can you ask Onyx to get some water and bring it out? or go yourself, please?]

"No problem." Sabrina looks around and sees Sinkalip doing...something. No help there. "Johnny?" She calls out to the street. "Are you still here? Can you give us a hand?" Looking back at the woman, "My name is Sabrina. How do you feel about heading back over to your car?"

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Renko nods to Sabrina and heads inside to get more water, if nothing else happens he will fill up the biggest glass he can find in the kitchen and bring it back out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

Johnny Starr

The scent of tobacco smoke wafts past Sabrina as she calls out for Johnny's assistance. Turning in the direction of the smoke, she can make out Johnny's lips as he exhales, smoke emanating from the air not far away. "Yeah, I'm still here. What do you need?"
    DMing In the Shadow of Death IC/OOC
    Lorne Keldoryn in Beauty and the Blight of the Black Rose IC/OOC
    Grudok Blackclaw in Legends of Arhade IC/OOC
    Marcellus Ashhad-Verinus in The Age of Wyrms IC/OOC
    Dromm 'Lumpy' Loderr

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

Giving a light snort, Sabrina chuckles a little. "She can't see right now. Gimme a hand guiding her back to her car, yeah?" Of course, her car needs help, and the mechanic is passed out on the couch.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

Johnny Starr

"Not a problem."

Johnny blinks back into sight, dropping his half burnt cigarette onto the asphalt and putting it out with his boot, he then offers the distraught damsel in distress a hand up.

"Come on, no reason to be shy. I'll help you back to the car and we'll call a mechanic to see if we can get your car fixed, though it might be rough getting one at this time of night. 'See what we can do."
    Last edited by darkzucchini; 2007-10-19 at 06:18 PM.
    Dromm 'Lumpy' Loderr

9. - Top - End - #99

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

Sinkalip lets the spell drop with a slight huff and a final agitated swish of the spirit mask's tail. He turns, looking to the woman and child near Sabrina for a moment. "Shame I didn't take after dad I suppose," he says with a smirk, glancing towards Sabrina. "Do you have anyone that could give you a lift home if needed?" he asks the woman, attempting to keep his voice as soothing as possible.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

The woman, walking seemingly on autopilot is startled by John's invisible touch and Sinkalip's voice, but continues to walk slowly in the direction of her car.

When questioned about her car and ride, she stutters a bit and says, "I um, I think I just live down there a block or two." She points off in the direction he car had been going. She continues to blink rapidly and cry as her eyes try to clear the irritant. She begins rocking and patting the crying infant to try and calm it. She murmurs, "I think I just need my keys. And my bag. Any the baby bag. And I should grab the car seat in case it takes a long time to get repaired."

She looks around with fright as Renko lumbers up with the water. She turns away from him shielding her baby from the unknown terror.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

Taking the glass of water from Renko, Sabrina brings it back for the woman. "We'll help." She gives the boys an eyebrow lift. "Right?" Unless prevented form doing so, she ducks into the car and passes out whatever bags she sees, fully expecting someone to take it (or them) so she can see if there's anything else and pass it out also.

"Oh, and Sin, Damien is passed out on the couch."

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

After a moment, when the impending horrible attack doesn't come, the woman turns slowly around and finds Sabrina offering more water. The woman washes her eyes out. Finished, she blinks her eyes clear of the water and gets her first good look at the good samaritans. She eyes each in turn(Johnny Starr, Renko, Sinkalip, and Sabrina), but seeing no weapons or gang signs, she relaxes a bit and the baby begins to calm as well. The ear piercing screams and subsided to a subtles whine alternating with a kind of cooing.

The woman steps up to the car with Sabrina and takes the bags that Sabrina hands out. As the bags come out, the woman says, "Thank you so much. I'm Mrs Johanson. You can call me Sandy." Slinging each in turn over her shoulders until she is more bag than mother. As this happens, a Lone Star cruiser rounds the corner with its lights on(sirens off). This bathes the area in alternating red, blue, and orange(from the street lamp) lights.

The cruiser rolls up behind the wrecked car and stops just as Sabrina hands off the last bag...
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-10-20 at 05:47 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

Cops are always bad news. If the cops showed up when Annika was around, it was because something had gone very badly and would likely be in the press in two minutes. She had no idea how many times she'd had to hurry Annika along, or flush her drugs, or hide her in a crowd, or something because cops showed up. Upon seeing the lights, her first instinct is to try to get clear of the area.

Hold on, we're not doing anything wrong. Get a grip. "Imagine that, a cop around almost when you need one."
    The half-hearted attampt at a joke sounds flat and her grin is fairly weak. She stops moving, doesn't make any sudden movements and just shields her eyes from the annoying lights with her mouth shut. As far as she is concerned, it's best to keep quiet until they ask a question.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

((Sorry I haven't been able to help with this. I'm still here, and I'll be good to go once Damien wakes up))
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

15. - Top - End - #105

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

Sinkalip raises a brow, chuckling softly at the thoughts running through his own mind. As the Lonestar cruiser pulls up he nods, laying his hand on his sister's shoulder for a mere moment. "I'll go talk to them," he says. "I have no doubt they'll want to talk to you as well though," he adds as he starts walking slowly towards the cruiser. A relieved smile crosses his face as he stops a respecting distance away from the cruiser and waits for them to exit their vehicle, his hands in front of him, one holding the wrist of the other.
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-10-22 at 08:51 AM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Halfling in the Playground

RogueGuy

Realizing that the alcohol and the excitement had not hit him yet Onyx takes one more shot and promptly passes out on the couch. "Burnt toast, more power captain.... Onyx mumbles as he buries his face in a cushion.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

The patrolmen turn the two mounted flood lamps on the group gathered near the vehicle. The closer of the two patrolmen stays seated in the vehicle, while the driver opens his door and steps out. He leaves his door open and the vehicle in between him and the civilians.

The officer is about 2 meters tall, wearing a standard Lone Star armored uniform with helmet. When he speaks, its obvious his helmet or some other piece of equipment has voice amplification. His voice is quite loud, almost booming. "Lone Star is here to serve Seattle and its fine citizens. We have received a report of an accident and altercation. We have dispatched utility services to repair the power grid interruption. City ordinances do not permit parking your vehicle on the sidewalk. If you leave your vehicle in its current position it will be towed. Do you require continued assistance?"

Obviously the higher-ups at Lone Star gave some new orders regarding interactions with the citizenry. Probably in response to the bidding war over the Seattle law enforcement contract. LS obviously hopes to win by swaying public opinion.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

While everyone else stands around, the bag and child laden woman steps up to the patrol vehicle. After adjusting her grip on everything she asks, "Can you give me a ride down to my apartment? I can call for a tow from there."

The patrolman shrugs and glances into the vehicle at his partner who also shrugs. He then says, "Of course. Always happy to be of assistance."

The woman, much more calm now, walks around to the other side of the patrol car to get in the rear seat. She tilts her head at the group, smiles, and says, "Thank you for the help. Sorry I had a bit of a panic attack on you."

The officer trigger the rear door release and the woman gets in. The officer give the group a suspicious look and then climbs back into the driver seat. A moment or two later, he drives off with her. You can see the vehicle go down the block, down the next block, and then stop almost 3 blocks away. The woman exits and stands there talking with the officers for a minute before going inside the building.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

Keeping a frozen silence while the cops do their thing and the woman talks to them, Sabrina only relaxes when they've driven off, apparently not intending to harass anyone. "I hate cops," she mutters. "Now I really need a drink. Anyone else?"

20. - Top - End - #110

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

Sinkalip follow Sabrina in, shrugging slightly at the whole mess. "Nice of them to be concerned about the whole attack, or give someone a chance to speak," he says as he follows, taking his cup from the edge of the counter and crossing into the living. Spotting the two already on the couch he slips up on the the bar chair and sips at his drink. "So, now that we've had excitement for the night, what's next?"

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

Once back inside, Sabrina liberates the bottle of Jack from Onyx's limp hand and takes a swig from the bottle. Which she immediately gags on and has to rush to the sink to spit out. "Fragging-a! How does he drink this crap?" She rinses her mouth out with water and looks to Johnny and Renko. "If you guys want to take any of that stuff home with you, go ahead. If you want to drink it 'til you pass out on the floor, go ahead, though both couches are apparently taken." She smirks. "My bed is not available, though Sin can share if he wants. I'm gonna go make those phone calls, see if I can't line us up something soon."

She hesitates for a moment, then gives Renko a kind of half-hearted hug, and Johnny a little light punch in the shoulder. "Drive safe if you're going. Don't puke on the carpet if you're staying." Then she heads into her room and shuts the door behind herself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Call, in this order: Dr. Vrock, Snitch, Slap Patch, Mercurio. Positioning herself as a rep for some people who have guns and need cash and are willing to operate on the 'shadowy side of legality'.
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-10-25 at 02:14 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

Sinkalip chuckles softly and shakes his head at his sister's reaction to the Jack. "Graceful," he says quietly under his breath before taking a drink.

As she makes her way to the bedroom, he shrugs slightly and tips his cup back to drain it. "Feel free to stay," he says as he snags a few of the last snacks. "But no, you get to sleep on the couch or floor," he adds with a grin to the others.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

It isn't even a full minute before Sabrina's door opens again, and quickly. "They'll be on their way in a few minutes. Hang tight, Doc." She smirks at her commlink as she strides purposefully back into the room. "And I don't particularly want to get hurt, either. See you soon."

She looks up, face serious. "Put the drink down and you guys get moving. One of my friends needs help. He's in Renton, and there are some para-critters trying to invite themselves over for tea. He offered to pay, and I didn't even counter-offer to do it for free."

She moves briskly to the kitchen and yanks a cabinet open, pulling out a bright white box. Then she takes the box to Damien's side and kneels down beside him. After opening it, she fills a syringe with a translucent blue liquid and shoves it into the side of his neck, pushing the plunger to send the liquid into his body. "Wakey, wakey, Damien." She yanks the needle out, fishes out another one and prepares it the same way, taking it over to Onyx and repeating the procedure. "Get off the damn couch, boys. We have work to do."

She disposes of both needles and replaces them, then grabs a bag and stuffs the medkit inside, along with her taser and squirt gun. And she puts her glasses on. "Let's go."

Spoiler
    Show
    14 dice for First Aid. If 3 successes will do it, I'll just buy the hits.
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-10-26 at 01:53 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

Johnny Starr

Johnny, having slumped down at the foot of the couch, opens up one blurred eye to look up at Sabrina. "Whats going on?"
    Dromm 'Lumpy' Loderr

25. - Top - End - #115
    Halfling in the Playground

RogueGuy

...dash for the 50 yard line...mmm warm feeling in my neck, my head, my...bright light!!! "What the FRAG!?"Looking up seeing Sabrina. "An angel?...bah it's just the devil woman! What are ya thinking waking a sleeping drunk...wait drunk, why don't I feel drunk? Bah where is the whiskey?" Onyx says as he looks around for the bottle temporarily forgetting what they were doing that night.

"What are you doing running around like that Rina? What is the commotion? Did that lady make it out alright? I got a little light0headed and needed a break. Sorry I missed the rest but the gangers looked they bugged out."
    Last edited by Mythknight; 2007-10-26 at 03:35 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by dauphinous View Post
    Sabrina
    It isn't even a full minute before Sabrina's door opens again, and quickly. "They'll be on their way in a few minutes. Hang tight, Doc." She smirks at her commlink as she strides purposefully back into the room. "And I don't particularly want to get hurt, either. See you soon."

She looks up, face serious. "Put the drink down and you guys get moving. One of my friends needs help. He's in Renton, and there are some para-critters trying to invite themselves over for tea. He offered to pay, and I didn't even counter-offer to do it for free."

She moves briskly to the kitchen and yanks a cabinet open, pulling out a bright white box. Then she takes the box to Damien's side and kneels down beside him. After opening it, she fills a syringe with a translucent blue liquid and shoves it into the side of his neck, pushing the plunger to send the liquid into his body. "Wakey, wakey, Damien." She yanks the needle out, fishes out another one and prepares it the same way, taking it over to Onyx and repeating the procedure. "Get off the damn couch, boys. We have work to do."

She disposes of both needles and replaces them, then grabs a bag and stuffs the medkit inside, along with her taser and squirt gun. And she puts her glasses on. "Let's go."

Spoiler
    Show
    14 dice for First Aid. If 3 successes will do it, I'll just buy the hits.
    Renko looks up
    "Paras? geeze, were going to need everybody we can get, here, lemme at drunk and drunker for a minute, I know a few tricks for soberin em up."
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

27. - Top - End - #117

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

Sinkalip watches Sabrina move about to the others, chuckling softly as he pops one of the treats into his mouth. "No, no more booze tonight," he says, raising an eyebrow at Onyx. "At not until we get back," he adds, then looks towards Sabrina. "Did he tell you anything about the bugs?" he asks, pushing him self off the stool and striding into his room.

He walks back out a moment later wearing a full length duster and a a leather case over his shoulder. The leather cord around his neck is pulled out and a small, sharp canine tooth lays on the front of his shirt. He pushes a pair of small sunglasses up into his hair as he looks towards the others. "So, who's driving?"

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Gah! Jeez, you know better than to wake a man when he's sleeping! Damien shakes his head to help clear it and pushes himself up off the couch. What the hell was that stuff anyways?

He grins. Actually, never mind. If you've got something for us to do, I guess I'm good to go. My van's downstairs.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

Giving a light smirk to Onyx, Sabrina cannot help but say something. She uses a dreamy, light voice. "Oh, my sleeping prince. I have wakened you from your deepest sleep." She switches to a voice more suited to an evil witch queen then. "Now get up off your ass and do my bidding." This is followed by a little bit of evil sounding laughter, which fades into more normal sounding chuckling.

She stops when asked about what was actually said, though, and relates it as best she can. "What did he say? Well, he seemed a little...uh, out of it, in a way, I guess. Whatever they are, he was obsessed with whether it was dark already or not, and I could hear thumping and scraping on his door. He seemed to think they would go away in the morning. At least, I think that's what he meant. But he's going to pay us if we can get rid of them. Probably because he's sure they'll come back again and again."

Sabrina slings her bag over one shoulder. She gives Sin a once over and grins. "Nice coat." As soon as Damien gets up and leads the way, she follows, grabbing up her keys and shaking them visibly to show Sinkalip that she has them. She waits outside the door for everyone else to leave and locks the apartment up, then jogs to catch up with everyone else.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Damien slides into the Van's front seat and starts the engine. Everyone on board? As soo as everyone is, he adds Good. Okay, ladies and gentlemen this is your captain speaking. All aboard for departure to wherever it is we're going. He chuckles to himself and puts the van in gear, pulling out onto the street.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games: