New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Shadowrun 4th - In the beginning(IC)

Sabrina

Sabrina peers down the alleyway. "Renko, wait. He said he's in the back. There's another door there, I think. We should take a look down there before we smash any doors down or break anything."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was a little confused, thinking we were already in the alley, but we are apparently not, so let's go down that way before we start smashing stuff.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground

Johnny Starr

"Never been good at the whole astral perception thing, but i do have other tricks up my sleeve." With that, Johnny snaps his fingers and vanishes from sight. "I'll sneak up to the window and see whats going on inside." If no one makes any objection, Johnny sneaks over to the DMVS window and takes a look inside.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spell Casting: Imp. Invisibility (Force: 5) (1d6=6, 1d6=4, 1d6=4, 1d6=6, 1d6=2, 1d6=5, 1d6=4, 1d6=3, 1d6=2, 1d6=5) (4 successes)

Resist Drain (4) (1d6=1, 1d6=2, 1d6=1, 1d6=2, 1d6=3, 1d6=5, 1d6=5, 1d6=6, 1d6=3) 93 successes) 1 pt of stun from drain.

Specifically looking for people (That gives me a +2 right?)
    Perception (1d6=4, 1d6=4, 1d6=4, 1d6=4, 1d6=4, 1d6=4, 1d6=6, 1d6=6) (2 successes) Yahtzee!!!+1

An I'll trade in 4 rolls for 1 successful stealth in case I need to move silently.
    Last edited by darkzucchini; 2007-11-02 at 02:05 AM.
    DMing In the Shadow of Death IC/OOC
    Lorne Keldoryn in Beauty and the Blight of the Black Rose IC/OOC
    Grudok Blackclaw in Legends of Arhade IC/OOC
    Marcellus Ashhad-Verinus in The Age of Wyrms IC/OOC
    Dromm 'Lumpy' Loderr

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Damien looks around, holding his knife in his real arm and playing the flashlight beam over the alley with his metal one. Think he meant for us to go away, or for whatever's inside with him?
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

"He meant for the things to go away. He wants us to hurry." Despite the fact that haste seems to be in order, Sabrina's feet are rooted to the spot. She watches as everyone else seems to be taking this all in stride. At least they're all fine with this. Why the hell am I here? I'm like extra baggage.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Office Front

Sinkalip and Invisible Johnny peer around inside the DVMS storefront. The large window to the right of the door allows a clear view of the contents, even if the steel bars prevent entry. It is a fairly sparse showroom of medical supplies. Their are wheelchairs, ventalators, oxygen tanks(in their own locked cart), various bins of needles, gauze, and other things you'd find stocked in a medical kit.

The office is quite dark, but using astral perception, its clear that no one is home. Even at the back of the office, there is a counter, cred stick processor, and such, but No Doctors or paranormal animals.

Alleyway Entrance

Everyone else stands at the entrance to the alleyway(Y9). Using the flashlights, the alleyway is illuminated. The middle meter or so of the alley allows a passage without climbing over heaps of garbage piled on the sides of the alley. Ahead is the dumpster, though the dumpster diver has departed or at least moved away.

Echoing down the alley is a thudding. It almost sounds like someone is pounding relentlessly on a metal door or a car hood or something similar.

Just after Damien speaks, the thudding stops and the dumpster diver returns to view. He appears to be running away from something, but is running right up the alley towards the group. The man is bald and looks like he is suffering from some disease or maybe radiation poisoning. Aside from various sores or cuts on his face he seems uninjured. He has some blood splattered on his face and chest, not no obvious wounds.. He's at about Y21 and running north towards the group.

{{ Composure Test Threshold : 2 (failure keeps you from doing anything "constructive" for 1 round)}}
    {{May want to roll initiative}}
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-11-02 at 06:07 AM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

"Um." Sabrina steps aside and out of the way. If he's the problem, she wants to not be in his way. It doesn't occur to her to lift the gun and actually aim it him, she just watches. Her lip curls a little at the sight of him, though. Even though she's got a pretty good grounding in first aid, and has seen some blood before, his appearance is just not pleasant, and if this is what being poor is all about, she's happy to pass on the experience.

{
    Composure: buy 2 hits (9 dice)
    Initiative: 3 hits + 7 = 10
    }

7. - Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

Sinkalip frowns slightly as he peers into the storefront. "Could have sworn I heard something," he says. With a slight shrug he heads over to the others around the corner, peering around curiously, paying attention to the man running toward them in particuliar once he sees him.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative: [5, 5, 5, 5, 4, 3] = 27
    Composure: [6, 6, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, 2, 2](4 hits)
    Assensing(If needed): [5, 4, 3, 2, 1](1 hit)
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

Johnny Starr

"Yeah, doesn't look like theres anything in here anyway. I'm going to go around the block to see what was making that noise." Johnny turns right and heads around the corner of the block, hoping to find the source of the banging noise.

Last edited by darkzucchini; 2007-11-02 at 12:48 PM.
    Dromm 'Lumpy' Loderr

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

What the frag? Damien moves aside and makes sure he has a good grip on his knife, just in case. Whatever the hell was making that noise had stopped, and he really doesn't want to be unprepared in case it decides to head in their direction.

Spoiler
    Show

Composure: 2,3,5,5,6,6 (4 hits)
    Initiative: 1,2,2,3,3,5,5,6 (3 hits + 8: 11)

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Johnny

Johnny moves away from the group towards the intersection to find the source of the pounding. Once he reaches the intersection he can no longer hear the pounding(either because it stopped or because he moved away from it). {{ everyone else knows it stopped(see my previous post) }}

Running Man

The man charges towards the group. As he gets closer it becomes obvious he isn't running from anything, he is something that you should run from. His eyes seem to be pure "whites" with no iris at all. The blood splattered on him seems to be clustered mostly around his hands and mouth, almost as if he clawed apart a steak and ate it raw. Speaking of claws, his hands, fingers, and fingernails all seem unusually long(and blood covered).

Everyone mutters to themselves and steps back. As the man approachs it becomes obvious he is running towards the group. The man says nothing as he runs up, just the sounds of his boots echoing between the buildings let you know he is there.

{{ Round 2}}
    Running Man : Y11
    Renko : Y7
    Johnny : B9
    Sabrina : AA8
    Damien : W8
    Sinkalip : X9
    Onyx : AA9
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-11-04 at 01:28 PM. Reason: forgot Onyx
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

Sabrina's eyes get very wide as she realizes that what she is looking at is probably a ghoul. A stream of words - some English, some Japanese, some Salish - starts coming from her mouth as she begins swearing in all three of the languages she knows at once. Her instincts say run, but Sin isn't running, so she damn well isn't going to, either.

Even though it feels like her heart is going to explode from how fast it's beating, she raises her gun and holds it in both of her slightly shaking hands, shooting one dart at the thing. It's a thing, not a person. Really. Believe it. ^&$%. She can't find it in herself to squeeze the trigger a second time.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shoot taser dart (Yamaha Pulsar) at the running dude: 1 hit

12. - Top - End - #162

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

Sinkalip blinks once at the man approaching and backs away as he pulls out his bow. "Naçisqé," he mutters, peering at the thing."

Spoiler
    Show

Moving back to W7 and drawing bow.

Knowledge Magical Threats (Might apply?): [6, 4, 3, 2, 1] - 1 Hit
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-11-03 at 03:20 PM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Damien says something in German, probably an expletive of some sort. It's just like a game. Not real, only a bunch of programmed behaviors. Not real, not real, not real... Yeah, right. He shakes his head and holds his knife defensively, in case it decides he looks like food.

Spoiler
    Show
    Delay action until just after the ghoul. If it attacks anyone Damien will move over to it and attack with his knife.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Holy Fraggin **** on a Fraggin stick, it's like one of those bad horror trids they show during lunch.
    Once he regains his compusre, Renko draws his revolver and shoots.
    Spoiler
    Show

Consider renko as doing this once he regains composure unless I post somthing else later in response to a drasticly changed situation
    Agi 4 + Pistols 3+ Laser Sight +1 edge die: 9D6 = [3, 6, 1, 5, 3, 4, 6, 2, 1] = 31

Current Edge: 3.
    Renko's revolver deals 6P damage and has an AP of -2
    Shots Till Reload: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

15. - Top - End - #165
    Halfling in the Playground

RogueGuy

Onyx freezes as the thing drives straight at him and his friends. This is not a game it's real fragging life! That thing wants to kill us! thoughts roll through his mind as he tries to compose himself.

Once the initial shock of the horror fades Onyx will bring his Ares to bear bear and shoot at the 'thing' rushing towards him.

Spoiler
    Show
    This is what I do when I regain my composure unless I am in a position not to have a clean shot. In that case I move to a position I can shoot at it and fire on my turn.

Shooting: 10D6 = [4, 5, 4, 3, 2, 3, 1, 3, 2, 5] = 32
    Looks like 2 hits?
    Damage is 5P and AP -1
    Last edited by Mythknight; 2007-11-05 at 12:51 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show

Name (passes / score)
    Onyx (3 / 17)
    Running Man (1/14) { 5,6,5,6,6,2,2,3,3 = 5 hits}
    Damien (1/11)
    Sabrina (1/10)
    Sinkalip (1/10)
    Renko (1/9) {4,6,4,2,5,1,1 = 2 hits}
    Starr (1/8)

The mans boots splash in the drainage stream as he charges the group. Onyx, after pausing to consider his options, pulls an Ares Predator and fires a round into the man. The man nearly dodges the bullet, but doesn't and it rips a hole in his chest exposing a rib and creating another blood stain on the man's shirt.

The man ignores the shooter and attacks the first target he encounters: Sinkalip. Lashing at the wily mage with his razor sharp blood covered claws, the man fails to make any meaningful contact as Sinkalip back pedals and attempts to ready his bow and arrow.

Fearing for her brother's life, Sabrina raises her taser to fire at the man, but Damien steps into the way and attempts to stab he man with his survival knife. The man, used to such attacks, counters and knocks Damien back several steps.

Her target in the clear, Sabrina fires her taser, the electrical discharge momentarily blinding everyone(that doesn't have flare comp). The darts don't make solid contact, but sink in enough to discharge 50,000 volts into the former painter. As smoke rises from him, and the blood on his hands and face boil into steam, the man begins to collapse to the ground.

Renko, sensing his moment takes aim and puts the man down while he is paralyzed with electrical current. The force from Renko's revolver knocks the man over backwards into a pile of black garbage bags.

Before the echo from the two shots begins to fade or the ringing stops in everyone's ears, Renko's flashlight illuminates another figure in the darkness of the alley. This one, sensing his own destruction flees south out of the range of the flashlight(to beyond Y44).

OOC Details of Action :
    Spoiler
    Show

Onyx
    Onyx shoots (2 hits). Man reacts{6,4,3,4,2=1hit}. Damage = 5+1 net hit.
    Damage Resistance Test = {4,4,4,4,4,5,2}. Takes 5 boxes(-1 to dice)

Man
    Move to Y10.
    Attack Sinkalip= {4,5,3,4,5,4=2 hits}. Sinkalip Dodges{1,6,2,4,6=2hits}. Glancing blow.

Damien
    Move to Y9.
    Attack(defaulting with knife) Man = {1,5=1hit+glitch}. Man blocks {5,6,5,5,6,4=5 hits}. Damien is knocked back by the block.

Sabrina
    Attack(Taser) Man (1 hit). Man dodges{1,3,2,3,6=1hit} Grazing electrical attack = 5S. Damage Resistance{1,2,2,2,5,6=2 hits}. Take 3 boxes electrical stun(-1 dice). Pass Out test Body+Wil(3) = {1,3,4,1,3,2,1,1,6,5} = 2 hits. KO for 2 turns.

Sinkalip
    Moves back to W7

Renko
    Renko Attack(3 hits). Man KO(no dodge). Net Damage = 6+3. Damage Resistance{4,1,5,4,4} = 8 boxes damage.

Damage
    Man : 13 boxes physical damage + 3 boxes stun damage

Same old Map

End of Round Locations :
    Spoiler
    Show

Onyx : AA9
    Running Man : Y10
    Damien : X8
    Sabrina : AA8
    Sinkalip : W7
    Renko : Y7
    Johnny : B9

17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground

Johnny Starr

Hearing the gunshots echo about the buildings, Johnny turns and runs to see whats going on, preparing to Manabolt anything that comes into sight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move as far as I can back towards the party.

Damn, ninja'd by the GM .
    Last edited by darkzucchini; 2007-11-05 at 09:11 PM.
    Dromm 'Lumpy' Loderr

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Is it... dead? Damien asks once he's regained his balance.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

Sabrina swallows audibly, taking a little bit to digest what just happened. Wow. These things really work. Her head snaps around to see what the other noise is, but it's just something else, maybe another one, running away. She looks at the gun she's holding, mostly just wondering how it is that she managed to actually hit something with it. "I, uh, I dunno. It's a ghoul, right? I, um, have never seen one before in real life. These dart things are supposed to knock a body out for 'long enough to get away', whatever that means." She swallows again. "But, um, Renko shot it, so maybe it won't get back up." It, yes, 'it'. Definitely 'it'.

20. - Top - End - #170

RogueGuy

Alright that seemed too easy. Something must be up. Hey who is that running? Onyx leaps over the downed man he just shot and tries to get a clear shot at the runner. When a clear shot presents itself Onyx takes a pop shot while shouting out "Stop there or you will end up like your friend back there!" Not bothering to glance back knowing his subdermal mic will react to his voice Onyx addresses the rest "One running down the alley, I am taking pursuit. Check for the Doc, I will clear this way."

Spoiler
    Show
    If I get a clear shot LE you can roll for my shooting with whatever negatives I need. I have my thermo on along with any image mag I need (I think the multiplier I chose was up to x5 but I will review that.) I am also using Laser sight if it helps.Thanks

21. - Top - End - #171

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

"Its a ghoul," Sinkalips says, frowning slightly. He pulls an arrow from the case and notches it. "Don't tou..." he trails off as Onyx takes off. "Stay together!" he hisses at the man as he draws back his bow, aiming at the ghoul's head and releasing it. "Be careful, Johnny," he says, frowning as he peers into the alleyway. "These naçisqé can get us even astrally..."

Last edited by Santanya; 2007-11-07 at 11:07 AM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground

Johnny Starr

Johnny Starr, obviously not where Sinkalip thinks he is, yells a warning from somewhere down the ally to the southwest. "Something has just run from the back of the Doc's place and is heading south down the ally way! Couldn't get a good look at it so I don't know if its the Doc or not!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Still invisible, I'm am going to take off around the block to try to catch the guy when he comes out the other side of the ally.
    Heres a run check if needed:
    Run Check (-2 for being Invisible): (1d6=3, 1d6=1)
    Dromm 'Lumpy' Loderr

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Onyx rushes into the darkened alley out of the sweep of Renko's flashlight. Once clear of the group, he is able to take relatively clean shots at the fleeing man. Blam, Blam, Blam, Blam.

The man twists after each shot(except the third) and collapses to the ground after the last shot(at about Y45 on the map). As the sounds of the pistols finally start to die down in his ears, he is able to hear Johnny's warning, albeit a bit late.

Spoiler
    Show

Onyx just gets too many actions(as compared with everyone else).

Round 1, Pass 2, Shot 1
    Attack Dice 6+4 -3 -2 + 1(ag+pis-vis-run+laser) = {5,5,5,4,3,2 = 3 hits}
    Man Reacts = {2,4,2,6,6 = 2 hits}
    Damage = 5+1
    Damage Resistance = {1,4,4,2,5,1,3 = 1 hit} Takes 5 boxes of damage

Round 1, Pass 2, Shot 2
    Attack = {2,6,2,4,3,2}
    Reaction = {4,4,1,2}
    Damage = 5+1
    Damage Resistance = {6,6,4,4,1,1} Takes 5 boxes of damage

Round 1, Pass 3, Shot 1
    Attack = {3,3,4,1,4,2 = miss}

Round 1, Pass 3, Shot 2
    Attack = {6,4,3,6,5,4 = 3 hits}
    Reaction = {4,2}
    Damage 5+3
    Damage Resistance = {6,6,2,1} Takes 6 boxes of damage.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

Sabrina takes a few hesitant steps towards the downed ghoul, but isn't really excited about the prospect of getting close. She flinches with the gunshots down the alley. Coming on the heels of Johnny's warning, she blinks a couple fo times. He wouldn't be that dumb, right? He'd stay put. Right? She dials the Doc on her commlink. Answer. Because you didn't run for it and Onyx didn't just shoot you.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Not wiz. Very not wiz... Damien runs back to his van to grab his First Aid kit, just in case.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

26. - Top - End - #176

RogueGuy

Onyx posts up against the wall and looks up and down the alley for more danger working his way towards whatever he just shot. What the frag is a Ghoul doing here? I never saw one before, and I am not excited to see one for the first time either. he thinks to himself as adrenaline races through his veins.

As he cautiously approaches whatever he shot Onyx will switch between thermal and low-light to get the best view of it. If it resembles a Ghoul I will pump it with more shells. Being trained for shootouts with paintball guns Onyx's adrenaline is overriding the nerves that he knows will creep through should he allow himself to slow down. If no other action presents itself Onyx's gun hand begins to shake slightly, both from the alcohol and fear beginning to creep into him.

"This one is down everyone. I am not sure what it was but it ran like mad." Once I get a better look at it I will report more to the team.

Spoiler
    Show
    If it is the Doc I will react by dropping my gun and dropping myself to the ground. Most likely vomiting, due to both nerves and alcohol, then attempting to revive, or do whatever basic first aid I know on the Doc.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Onyx runs into the darkened alley to check on the person he just shot in the back while fleeing from a nearby battle. Sabrina dials up the Doc.

*ring*

Damian turns and runs back over to the van to get the First Aid kit.

*ring*

Onyx switch his thermo and lowlight capabilities around to let him see a bit better.

*ring*

Damien rushs back towards the group with the First Aid kit.

*ring*

Onyx comes up on the man, face down with three bullet hole in his back. The man seems to be old and bald, wearing a trench coat.

*ring*

Using his foot, Onyx flips the man over, so he is face up.

"He.. He.. Hello?" The doc's stuttering voice comes over Sabrina's commlink. "He.. He.. Help! They're shooting at me!"

Onyx discovers the man is actually a woman. 'She' also seems to be ghoul-like, in that she's covered with sores, is bald, and has some really nasty hygeine. Her hands and face are covered with mostly dried blood, and her fingers and nails look abnormally long.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-11-12 at 08:10 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178

RogueGuy

"Another Ghoul guys. Check inside for the Doc." Thank god it wasn't the Doc. No clue if those simflicks are right but I better take no chances. Pump another shot into her head.

"This one is waxed best I can tell guys, better get the doc outta there!"

Onyx will now check this end of the alley for anymore Ghouls and, pending confirmation it is clear, will move back to support the team at the Doc's place.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

Pick up, pick up, pick up, oh thank god. "No, Doc, it's okay! That's us. We're shooting. There are ghouls out here. Are you okay? Do you have any idea how many there might have been? We've taken down two so far."

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

The doc's voice is very shaken and unsure.. "Ghouls, yes, Ghouls... I warned you... Don't let them.. No mustent let them.. Many? More than one. I can't see them.. I can hear them pounding and digging and clawing."

He pauses.

Then he says, "Yes, scratch scratch scratch. Thump thump thump. All night... yes.. ooh.. sleep... sleep."
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-11-12 at 08:10 PM.