New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Shadowrun 4th - In the beginning(IC)

The Johnson raises an eyebrow at the question. He then says, "If you have body armor, I would really consider wearing it."

He then motions to the data chip and says, "I don't think any of the facilities have major fortifications. The guards will certainly shoot to kill if they think you are shooting to kill. That said, I think its legal for them to do just about anything they want to, if you are on their property."

He pauses a bit as if deciding to say or not say something and then adds, "I would expect that all the locations listed have something to do with each other. So, they may communicate and put the rest of their associated facilities on alert. You may start off facing pop guns and end up facing machine guns. Some of that may depend on how you approach the task."
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-12-05 at 07:35 AM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

Sinkalip reaches out, gently taking the data chip by its corners, then offers it to Renko. "Mind if we take a short look at the locations before we agree?" he asks curiously, raising an eyebrow and looking towards the Johnsons, looking for any reaction from them. "It would only serve to complicate things were unclear at all," he adds.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

The (singular) Johnson says, "Not that we don't trust you, but we'd prefer to keep that information more tightly controlled for now. If you agree to the job, you may look at the information so that you may ask questions, but I am not to allow you access until you agree."

The shifts a bit in his seat and fidgets with his hands a bit while waiting for the team to decide.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Halfling in the Playground

RogueGuy

Leaning forward in his chair again to address the Johnson Onyx speaks up, "I think we can come to an arrangement. How is payment going to be arranged? Is there an up front 'operations cost' or is the full payment based upon completion?"

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Renko scratches his chin.
    "One question mister J, how about this guy were very specificallly not supposed to hit, is he going to be shooting at us or will he be flinging spells at us or somthing. I'm not going to leave him unshot if he can drop us all with a spell the moment we show up. And if we have to retreat to avoid not-shooting this guy, which takes precedence, not shooting him or keeping to the timetable."
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

When the subject of cash comes up, Johnson leans in and says, "Ah yes, of course. Once your team agrees to the task, I am authorized to make a good faith payment of 1000 nuyen to each team member present."

He leans back again, twists he head to the side with a small cracking noise and says, "The balance can be transferred to an account you designate immediately following your actions at location six. Or.. if you prefer, we can meet again and exchange certified credsticks."

The Johnson smiles at Renko and says, "If you are unable to perform the task, you should let me know now so that I can arrange an alternate."

Johnson puts his hands flat on the table as he continues, you can see a slight 'tan line' on his finger where a ring used to be. "The guy you are not suppose to hit is not a magician. He may shoot at you. Take cover, move away from him but keep assaulting the target location. Let him chase you around the building, but don't shoot him, stun him, cast spells at him, or anything like that. When your time is up, flee, we don't expect the guards at these facilities to chase you through the city, so that should be the end of him."

Johnson adjusts his wristwatch and says, "You must keep to the timeline."

7. - Top - End - #247

RogueGuy

"Mr. Johnson, I think you can count us in." I look around to the rest of the team for any visible arguments with the run.

Spoiler
    Show
    Is the other team here as well? Are they listening to the same proposition we are?

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Mr. Johnson smirks briefly and the smirk morphs into a smile. He says, "We are happy to hear that." With a bit of a sleight of hand, he produces 4 certified credsticks, which he places on the table. "How would you like to receive he remainder of your compensation?"

He motions to the chip and says, "I think you'll find any normal chip reader will be able to access that, as will most higher-end commlinks."

{{ If you've got a Signal of 4 or higher on your commlink, you can access it. }}

The Johnson nods towards Sinkalip as if to indicate he may now access the data chip if he likes.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-01-04 at 04:53 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    There's a reason he's handing it to Renko to access. He doesn't do technology. Its a similiar reason he had Sabrina set his commlink. ;)

Sinkalip smiles slightly, still holding the chip out to Renko. "Sounds like a relatively lucrative offer for everyone involved," he says. "I assume each team will be hitting different locations?" he says, tilting his head curiously. "It would be rather bad to cross guns with someone else thinking they were there to stop us."
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Renko slips the chip into his comlink then frowns for a moment and looks at Onyx and Johnny.
    "This Piece of Drek commlink can't read it, either of you got somthing better?".
    Spoiler
    Show
    Only signal 2
    Renko will hand it to whoever speaks up first.
    Last edited by BRC; 2007-12-08 at 06:19 PM.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

11. - Top - End - #251

RogueGuy

Onyx grins slightly then leans forward and slips the credstick into his commlink, "Looks good to me." I will proceed to check each credstick and pass them to each other member present. Remembering something he watched in a sim-flick Onyx says "I think we would like our final payment in certified cred as well. No need to use traceable public accounts. I assume the datachip has the location to pick up our final payment?" I think thats how they did it in that flick, oh well it sounds good to me.

Unless the Johnson has anything else to tell us Onyx will then stand, adjust his coat and say, "If there is nothing else, I believe this concludes our business?" If no response Onyx will turn and head out to the bar area waiting for the rest of the team. On the way I will send a text message to the rest of the team saying We should meet and discuss this. Man that was fun!

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

After Onyx jokes around, the looks from the rest of the team and from Johnson let him know that he should go ahead and read the datachip and show everyone what is on it.

Data Chip Contents :
    Spoiler
    Show

Wednesday June 4th :
    17:35 Downtown Seattle, 18902 2nd Ave. (48 seconds)
    19:20 Bellevue, 10 Professional Drive (72 seconds)
    19:30 Bellevue, 907 Eastern Blvd. (60 seconds)
    20:00 Renton, 8205 Industrial Way (96 seconds)
    20:22 Renton, 502 Lilypad Drive (30 seconds)
    21:48 Auburn, 802 Steel Road (120 seconds)

Reminders :
    Location 4 - Plant the magnetic package under the light grey Mercury Sunflare in the secure parking lot.
    Location 6 - Do not attack, injure, cast spells at, or otherwise interact with this man :

Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-12-14 at 02:26 PM.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Johnson stands and opens the door and says, "Well, if there are no more questions." Johnson hands a yellow square of paper to Onyx and says, "Once you've finished contact me at this address so we can set up your final payment."

Spoiler
    Show

The note has an online chatboard address and a username.
    "Southern Renton Horticulture Chat :: titan_arum_lover"

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Renko turns to the group
    "Lets head home and get some sleep for now, we'll meet at my place at 10:00 in the morning to plan this out, anybody got anything to say?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    I just noticed the chip dosn't have any durations of assault specified on it.
    [/Center]

15. - Top - End - #255

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

Sinkalip nods, looking over the data briefly. "Sounds good," he responds to Renko. "I'll let Sabrina know," he adds with a slight grin as he places a call for a taxi back home. He stops at the bar and orders a drink to wait.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Mr. Johnson opens the door and shows the team back out to the bar area. He then turns around and closes the door to the private meeting rooms again.

The bartender is intently watching Renko and his two buddies, hopeful that they'll head over to the bar and gossip.

Group 5(the group of 4 women), is either still in talking with the Johnson or has already left.

Group 4 is over in the south-east corner drinking and talking. That group is composed of 4 men. Two of them seem to be identical twin brothers. They are wearing fashionable cloths of a middle-upper class type nature, well over 2 meters tall, with light brown skin, short dark brown hair and quite a bit of bulk. The other two runners look like they could be a father-son pair. One is obviously in his 50s while the other seems to be about 25. They are both redheads, although the older one has a bit of grey mixed in. The older of them as an obvious old-style data jack in his temple. The twins and the older guy are very outgoing and loud, while the younger red-head seems to just sit and stare into his beer.

Spoiler
    Show

I updated the data disk contents to reflect the durations. If you actually had more questions... please jump in with them. I wasn't trying to rush you out, but it seemed like no one had anything more to say.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-12-14 at 02:40 PM.

17. - Top - End - #257

RogueGuy

Onyx takes a single shot and bids farewell until the morning meet. At that he will hear home for some much needed rest.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Renko, Johnny Star, and Onyx head out after a single shot for Onyx, leaving Sinkalip alone at the bar with group 4. While he waits for the cab, group 5 comes out.

Three of the four ladies in group 3 leave. The red-headed elf in the slinky dress walks over to the bar and slides into the stool beside Sinkalip, placing her hand on his shoulder as she does. She smiles at Sinkalip and says, "Did you by chance call for a cab? It is such a pain to get a cab in this area. I'm heading over to Auburn round about Lake Tapps... I was wondering if we could share. If you're closer, we can drop you off first and I'll cover the nuyen." As she talks she is looking deep into Sinkalip's eyes. After a moment of silence, she adds, "You have such interesting eyes... vaguely familiar... almost primal."

Spike sets a hot cup of coffee down in front of her, collects Onyx's empty shot glass and wanders away to clean up some of the other tables. She turns away from Sinkalip in the moment of awkwardness and sips at the coffee. Although she has her back to group 4, they are all staring at her and making various sorts of gestures encouraging Sinkalip, which he can see.

After a couple minutes, there is the distinct honking outside of the cab waiting...
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-12-20 at 04:52 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

"I did," Sin responds, smiling to the woman. "Be pleased to share it with you," he adds, looking her back in the eye. His eyes turn slightly gold for a moment then flicker back to his normal as she sips at her coffee and he smiles. "It would be wonderful to have the company," he adds as he picks up his own drink and takes a sip of it, eyes never leaving her. "I am Sin'ka'lip," he says, chuckling softly. "Call me Sin if you would like." He turns towards her on his stool. "What is your name, if I might know?" he asks, glancing towards the door as he hears the honk. "Our ride is here, may as well make sure you get back safely first though," he adds with a smile as he begins to stand, waiting for her before heading outside to the cab.

As they step outside, he smiles and says, "One moment," he says, opening the car door for her. He composes a very short message to Sabrina's commlink. [Heading home from the bar, escourting a lovely elf from another one of the teams home first in Auburn. Will be back afterwards.] He slips into the cab next to her, smiling as he does. "You have very beautiful eyes yourself..."
    Spoiler
    Show

Briefly checking her out in the astral again as she sips.
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-12-17 at 12:36 PM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Renko Heads back to his apartment and tries to find a replay of the game on his commlink.
    [/Center]

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Astral :
    Spoiler
    Show

She is calm and pleased. She is mundane. She has cyberware in her eyes, skull, ears, and muscular/nervous system.

Floating nearby is some sort of spirit, it seems to be a spirit of fire. Its not really doing anything but looking around. Watching, waiting... for something.

"You have very beautiful eyes yourself..."

She smiles and places her hand on Sinkalip's forearm and says, "You really think so? So many people are put off by the lifeless silver spheres and don't take time to appreciate their beauty." She pulls her head back a bit and says, "You don't really look like a 'Sin' to me." She reaches out and touches Sinkalip's lips, outlining them with a steady, but very soft and gentle touch. "Maybe you should go be 'Lips' instead? I'm Niamh{pronouced neve}."

The cab arrives and she gives his arm a gentle squeeze and says, "Ah, here we are."

She climbs into the cab, careful not to trip in her 5cm high heels. She slides effortlessly to the other side of the cab, providing room for Sinkalip to enter. Of course, the angle of the seat has slid her dress up, revealing more and more leg. Her long long legs have an even, if slight, tan and appear firm and toned, but not overly muscular. Best described by one word : perfect.

Once the outer door closes, the cabbie says through the bullet resistant divider(which seems to have gotten a bit of use), "Where to chummer?" The cabbie is a fat italian ork with hairy arms and an unlit cigar stub in the corner of his toothy mouth. The registration tag on the dash proclaims him to be "Vinny Tebano".

Niamh smiles and says to Vinny, "We have two stops." She looks at Sinkalip with a raise eyebrow as if to say, 'right?'. She then adds, "I'm going to number 3 Pleasant Bay Drive. Its by Lake Tapps in Auburn." She turns to Sinkalip and places her hand on his leg and asks, "If you are closer, we can drop you off first."

Sinkalip can see the cabbie adjust the mirror so that the cabbie is looking at him and then the cabbie say, "Yes ma'am. Well, chummer?"

Once the cabbie has some sort of answer from Sinkalip, he drives off.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-12-17 at 06:22 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Sinkalip allows Niamh to reach her destination first. The cabbie drives fast, easily avoiding traffic at this time of night. The conversation is mostly frivolous chit chat and the ride passes very quickly. Her destination is a small gated community near Lake Tapps. After a quick inspection of the car and the passengers, the two well dressed guards(armed with guns) allow them through.

3 Pleasant Bay Drive turns out to be a very nice house indeed. Two story white house with a nearly flat roof, lots of large bright windows, a water view, and 2 meter plascrete wall with razor wire at the top.

Niamh suddenly swings over onto Sinkalip's lap so that she is facing him. She gently kisses him a single time and says, "Thank you for the ride, Lips." With that, she opens the car door and exits the vehicle on the same side she got in on. As she walks towards the front gate, it opens to allow her in. The cabbie starts to drive off and she continues walking towards the house without looking back.

By the time the cabbie drops Sinkalip home(65 nuyen) it is raining slightly.

The Morning After

[[Pop Up News(PUN)]] - Good Morning Seattle. Today is Wednesday June 4th. Health Alert! Today's rain will be mixed with acid ash across all Tacoma and Renton today. Gubernatorial hopeful Kenneth Brackhaven calls for Lone Star to increase its patrols of Seattle's highways or face having them contracted out to alternate providers.

[[Seattle Independent News(SIN)]] - Rain continues through Monday, heavy at times. Emerald City officials report that, Evan Yarborough, found dead in his Renton apartment today from causes unknown, is one hackers who defaced the AR yesterday. Officials say vigilantisms will not be tolerated and that Lone Star is looking into the death with all the resources it deserves.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

Waking up with a start, Sabrina looks over at the clock. 7:30. I have to...nothing. I don't have to do anything today. I can just roll over and go back to sleep. She flumphs back into her pillow, but is hopelessly awake. After trying to fall back asleep for about ten minutes, she gives up and grabs her robe, headed for the bathroom. She stops with surprise to see Damien on the couch, but everything from last night floods back quickly. As quietly as possible, she gets him a cup of water and leaves it on the table where he should be able to see it upon waking, then proceeds to get herself a shower.

After taking a leisurely shower and moving through her morning at about half speed, she's finally dressed in a suit skirt and blouse by 9. She gets around to checking her messages at that point, which leads her to come back out of her room and knock softly on Sin's door.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

Damien wakes up around 9:00, and checks the news bulletins. Seeing nothing of interest to him he sits up and immediately realizes exactly what he spent most of last night doing. Guh... stupid alcohol.. He picks up the glass of water and leans back on the sofa, trying to figure out what it was that he needed to do today.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

25. - Top - End - #265

RogueGuy

Onyx rolls out of bed at around 9:30. A quick rinse and a shot of Jack wake me up nicely. Shaking off last nights hangover with the Jack Onyx hopes on his bike and darts to Renko's.

Man I seriously need to get a better alarm. Or maybe just remember to set it. Heh. Onyx makes it to Renko's at exactly 10:07am. Bah, close enough and knocks on the door.

26. - Top - End - #266

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

Silence meets Sabrina's knock for several minutes. After that, normal noises of someone getting up emanate, followed by Sin a few moments later, dressed in pajama pants with clothes over his arm. "Hey, we need to head over to Renko's," he says as he crosses to the bathroom. "Need to be there by about 10," he adds as he closes the door. Sounds of the shower start a moment later.

About five minutes later, Sinkalip walks out of the bathroom, crossing to his door to throw a towel and night clothes through into a receptical. "Seems we have a job that sounds rather interesting lined up after last night's." he says with a slight grin. "Renko has all the details, but its basically to harass several locations." He flashes a grin and enters into his room for a moment returning with his coat over his arm and the black case of his bow and arrows pulled over his shoulder. He looks at the other two expectantly. "Ready to go?"

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

After walking away from Sin's door with no answer, Sabrina smiles at Damien as he awakens and goes to the kitchen to get something to eat. Sin's emergence and announcement makes her set down the box of cereal she's pouring into a bowl and blink at him several times. Then he disappears. "Ten?! It's after 9!" Despite the fact that he's obviously not even in the room anymore, she continues on, "You left a message, but omitted that minor detail?!"

Sabrina throws up her hands in disgust and goes for shoes, grumbling the whole time in Salish. When he emerges again, she's gotten her commlink strapped on and her nanotrodes applied, but is having difficulty operating a navy pump. She throws it at Sin and glares at him then huffs once. "Gimme back my shoe."
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-12-19 at 05:04 PM.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Renko's apartment Description
    Spoiler
    Show
    Renko's basement apartment is fairly small and simple, a small counter seperates off a designated kitchen area, a cloth partition seperates one corner as Renko's bedroom, basically a matress on the floor with a closet and some drawers. one wall of the "Bedroom" is the wall for the bathroom. The main room has a low table, a trid set, a couch, some shelves, and a stack of large cushions. It's clean enough but definetally not neat. Most of the furniture is secondhand and oversized.

((other people will proably show up before 10:07, so should I wait for them to post showing up?))
    Last edited by BRC; 2007-12-19 at 06:17 PM.
    [/Center]

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Crap. Alright, well.. I'll drive, I guess. Damien gets his keys and stands up, making sure his commlink is on. He hasn't forgotten that he might be getting a couple calls today. We going to need anything specific, or is it 'go as you are?'
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

30. - Top - End - #270

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

"Just what you might need," Sin replies as he tosses Sabrina's shoe back to her. "We're going in for a possible fight though," he says with a slight shrug and starts towards the door.