New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: (Spoilers)Mass Effect 2 ruined the Franchise, 3 was continuation of that

As much as I would love one, I highly doubt that we'd get a remake. Many of the iconic voice actors have moved on, and some (e.g. Robin Sachs/Zaeed) have even died. A remaster of the trilogy using the dialogue they have is much more likely since it would be cheaper, though of course you'd have a much harder time further tweaking the endings that way, and without some kind of change to the endings I doubt they'd have much of a value proposition to offset the development costs. A project like that would need a lot of excitement/buzz to drive sales and multiplayer purchases, and I don't think leaving the endings alone would suffice for that given the controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (Spoilers)Mass Effect 2 ruined the Franchise, 3 was continuation of that

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    I would be. It isn't really EA's schtick to bring back a series that, in their eyes, has already failed and been cancelled.
    Don't be ridiculous! Give a few years, and I'm sure they'll bring it back as a mobile game! I'm look, how great Dungeon Keeper and Command & Conquer have done such a good job with their mobile games that haven't at all completely destroyed every single thing that made the originals good and replaced it with a cynical a cash-grab!

3. - Top - End - #243
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    I would be. It isn't really EA's schtick to bring back a series that, in their eyes, has already failed and been cancelled.
    Haven't they already said they're making more Mass Effect?

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    Haven't they already said they're making more Mass Effect?
    Yes and no. They are not currently working on another one, BUT, they have said that they plan to in the future. Anything they have is purely in pre-production right now with nothing confirmed.

I google it and the last word was this:

"We’re definitely not done with Mass Effect. There’s a lot of stories to be told. We could pull on the threads we put down with Andromeda; we could pull on threads from Mass Effect 3. There’s a lot of interesting space to be explored."

My assumption would be that Andromeda is dead and its highly unlikely to get a sequel (definitely not one called Andromeda 2), but they MAY put another Mass Effect in the Andromeda galaxy and just call it something else. The studio that made Andomeda is dead and buried, though, so it would be a whole different unit.

At a minimum we're looking at probably 3 years to release IF they're working on pre-production of a new Mass Effect game right now.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2019-03-25 at 05:39 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Did anyone else do anything to get the "1 Million Credits" perk benefit of being able to buy Spectre weapons from the start of a new game in ME1? Or used any of the talents enough to unlock them for all classes for new game+? I know i got the one that give you blue around the health or armor blocks, and picked it up quick in a new game+?

What about the licenses and the other collection quests in ME1? How many did that? And i remember the visio-sphere, that you could mess with after getting that gift from the Asari lady on the Citadel, after she had that "Encounter" with you.
    Blog Read and Comment! I use green for joking and Blue for sarcasm.
    Published two Kindle Books on Amazon, both are 99 cents. Ask Me about them!

My First Let's Play -- Temporary Haitus (I plan to get back to it eventually)
    (Yes, I happen to despise Game of Thrones, and the Book Series it is based on. I am Team Wight/Other. Kill all those humans!)

6. - Top - End - #246
    Banned

It's been a long time so I don't really remember everything too clearly, but I did everything there was to do in ME1. Honestly, I don't know how. I would never be able to sit through all of that repetitive stuff now.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by russdm View Post
    Did anyone else do anything to get the "1 Million Credits" perk benefit of being able to buy Spectre weapons from the start of a new game in ME1? Or used any of the talents enough to unlock them for all classes for new game+? I know i got the one that give you blue around the health or armor blocks, and picked it up quick in a new game+?

What about the licenses and the other collection quests in ME1? How many did that? And i remember the visio-sphere, that you could mess with after getting that gift from the Asari lady on the Citadel, after she had that "Encounter" with you.
    I got all of the achievements, save for a few associated with Pinnacle Station. I finished ME1 with every class and every background option (though not with every class with every background option).
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

I'm pretty sure I completed ME1 about nine or ten times in all.

Did it with all the classes, some more than once.

Including starting from level 1 on Insanity which you were distinctly not supposed to do.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm only missing 2 achievements myself. One for Insanity, for some reason my insanity run through the game never registered and I just didn't feel like going through that annoyance a second time. The other is for using Garrus on a majority of missions but to me Garrus in ME1 is kind of bland, its not until 2 and 3 that he really gets a personality.

10. - Top - End - #250

Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    I'm only missing 2 achievements myself. One for Insanity, for some reason my insanity run through the game never registered and I just didn't feel like going through that annoyance a second time. The other is for using Garrus on a majority of missions but to me Garrus in ME1 is kind of bland, its not until 2 and 3 that he really gets a personality.
    My default is Tali and Wrex.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

11. - Top - End - #251

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    My default is Tali and Wrex.
    I usually run with Wrex and one other depending on my class. Tali or Kaidan if I need lockpicking stuff, Liara if I don't.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Just trying to blast through everything I went Wrex and Garrus. Tali is probably better than Garrus, but, I honestly find ME1 Tali really boring as a character.

If I’m trying to do the long range maximum experience playthrough Ash and Garrus.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Colossus in the Playground

My main party was Kaiden and Liara the one time I played ME1. Making me probably one of the very few people who's seen Liara argue for letting the Council die on my first and to-date-only playthrough.

14. - Top - End - #254

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    My main party was Kaiden and Liara the one time I played ME1. Making me probably one of the very few people who's seen Liara argue for letting the Council die on my first and to-date-only playthrough.
    How did you get Liara arguing for the Council to die?
    The Cranky Gamer

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

I usually rotated between Liara, Garrus, and Wrex in ME1. ME2 Garrus and Zaeed/Mordin/Legion, ME3 back to Garrus/Liara. Nobody else was all that interesting.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

I think that regardless of who you bring along, one teammate will argue for saving them and one for leaving them to die. And Kaidan leans more towards saving them than Liara does.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

17. - Top - End - #257

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    I think that regardless of who you bring along, one teammate will argue for saving them and one for leaving them to die. And Kaidan leans more towards saving them than Liara does.
    If I remember right the human companions each represent one alignment and they have the highest ranking for that point of view. So if you have Kaidan he will always argue for saving the council, if you have Ashley she will always argue against saving the council. The other companions have varying degrees of preference. Garrus and Wrex trend towards letting the council die while Tali and Liara trend more towards saving the council with Liara I think being second only to Kaidan for saving the council.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    If I remember right the human companions each represent one alignment and they have the highest ranking for that point of view. So if you have Kaidan he will always argue for saving the council, if you have Ashley she will always argue against saving the council. The other companions have varying degrees of preference. Garrus and Wrex trend towards letting the council die while Tali and Liara trend more towards saving the council with Liara I think being second only to Kaidan for saving the council.
    I believe that's correct - if you take Ashley and Wrex you can get Wrex to argue in favor of saving the council.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Colossus in the Playground

No matter who you have in your party, one will argue to save the Council, the other for letting them die.

Apparently you can get Kaiden or Ashlyn to radically alter their attitude toward nonhumans if you romance them; I haven't tested this myself. But by default it goes:

Most in favor of saving the Council Kaiden Liara Garrus or Tali (not sure) Tali or Garrus (not sure) Wrex Ashley Most in favor of letting the Council die

Whichever of your companions is to the left will argue for saving them, whichever is to the right will argue for letting them die. So Liara will only argue for letting the Council die if your other companion is Kaiden (or possibly reformed Ashley).