Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Interest Check: So you wanna play a CoffeeLock, do ya?

Close quarters shooting gives +1 ranged atk, and your ranged attacks aren't at disadvantage for shooting in melee. You also ignore some cover up close (30 feet). Basically the parts of crossbow master my build could use, but I don't want crossbows.

I'd take it from paladin (for more smites) but I don't have the Str. Maybe I'll take fighter to 3 eventually to buff my weapon critical.

I doth acquired one point.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2019-03-14 at 11:10 AM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

I've got most of mine done. Still have a bit left to do, but figure i may as well show what I have so far though.
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1857110

*Edit*
    I'm not entirely confident I've done everything right just yet. Let me know if you spot something silly.
    Last edited by SleepyMinstrel; 2019-03-14 at 11:29 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Halfling in the Playground

I don't see any problems with it.
    I'd take it from paladin (for more smites) but I don't have the Str. Maybe I'll take fighter to 3 eventually to buff my weapon critical.
    Not a bad idea.
    I doth acquired one point.
    Aye, thou have one point.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyMinstrel View Post
    I've got most of mine done. Still have a bit left to do, but figure i may as well show what I have so far though.
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1857110

*Edit*
    I'm not entirely confident I've done everything right just yet. Let me know if you spot something silly.
    Having only done a quick spot check. It looks okay thus far.
    Last edited by PiperSqueaks; 2019-03-14 at 12:36 PM.
    Spoiler: Inspirational Affirmations
    Show
    "In times of crisis, it is of utmost importance not to lose one's head" --M. Antoinette
    "Anyone who uses the phrase 'easy as taking candy from a baby' has never tried taking candy from a baby" --R. Hood
    "One must deal openly and fairly with one's forces if maximum effectiveness is to be achieved" --D. Vader
    "When old friends get together, everything else pales to insignificance" --War, Famine, Pestilence and Death

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

After a lot of throwing build choices around, i've finally settled on something. Paladin of Devotion/Swashbuckler Rogue/Divine Soul Sorcerer seems like a good fit as a very "textbook" Paladin, but with the kind of swashbuckling flair that's always neat.

I'll get a sheet up sometime later today.

Maybe. Who knows, Tristalt buildcraft is crazy confusing because it opens so many options.

5. - Top - End - #65

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfThyme View Post
    After a lot of throwing build choices around, i've finally settled on something. Paladin of Devotion/Swashbuckler Rogue/Divine Soul Sorcerer seems like a good fit as a very "textbook" Paladin, but with the kind of swashbuckling flair that's always neat.

I'll get a sheet up sometime later today.

Maybe. Who knows, Tristalt buildcraft is crazy confusing because it opens so many options.
    I agree with that sentiment. I tried to create one myself fairly recently, and I was lost in option overload in fairly short order.
    Show
    "In times of crisis, it is of utmost importance not to lose one's head" --M. Antoinette
    "Anyone who uses the phrase 'easy as taking candy from a baby' has never tried taking candy from a baby" --R. Hood
    "One must deal openly and fairly with one's forces if maximum effectiveness is to be achieved" --D. Vader
    "When old friends get together, everything else pales to insignificance" --War, Famine, Pestilence and Death

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Too many rogues. Will I be able to keep up without dipping paladin? :<
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

7. - Top - End - #67

Too many rogues. Will I be able to keep up without dipping paladin? :<
    I have it on very good authority there will be plenty of opportunities for sneak attacks... And for the basis of encounter creation, I am going to treat everyone like they are 15+ level.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground

Requesting the Invention Wizard (page 3) and the Lore Wizard (page 5)

I obviously won't use both, but I just want to see what my options are. Besides, asking is free.
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualViking View Post
    Level 20 monstrous tristalt? No thanks, I already have a full-time job.
    Spoiler: Hack and Slash Decathlon
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69

Quote Originally Posted by puzzler7 View Post
    Requesting the Invention Wizard (page 3) and the Lore Wizard (page 5)

I obviously won't use both, but I just want to see what my options are. Besides, asking is free.
    I will let you use either one. I'm curious to see which one you actually pick.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70

Quote Originally Posted by PiperSqueaks View Post
    I will let you use either one. I'm curious to see which one you actually pick.
    If this was any other game, I'd feel like a bad person for playing something crazy OP, but I think I'm gonna go with the Lore Wizard.

On that note, I have a question. I can only change my wizard spells after a long rest. Can I use a sorcerer spell slot to cast a wizard spell that I have in my spellbook, but not prepared? If so, what ability do I use for that?

EDIT: Actually, changed my mind. I think I'm gonna go Inventor, and pair Reckless Casting with a Wild Magic Sorc. All the shenanigans, all the time. Never a dull moment. The question I asked still stands, though.
    Last edited by puzzler7; 2019-03-14 at 05:25 PM.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71

On that note, I have a question. I can only change my wizard spells after a long rest. Can I use a sorcerer spell slot to cast a wizard spell that I have in my spellbook, but not prepared? If so, what ability do I use for that?
    All spell slots are interchangeable, and all abilities reset on short rests. There are no long rests. The environment of Helion is such that it's almost impossible for anyone to be inactive for more than 6 hours. The surroundings are just too chaotic. It's as if reality itself is moving at a breakneck pace and it's pulling everyone on the planet with it.

I'm now realizing that at some point I'm going to have to update the World Building Info post as I have so many plot points about Helion just floating around in my head that need to be documented. Especially since most of these ideas will adversely affect your characters at some point. Some of them sooner rather than later.

You didn't, by any chance, think unlimited power was free did you?
    Last edited by PiperSqueaks; 2019-03-14 at 05:50 PM.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72

AssassinGuy

All spell slots are interchangeable, and all abilities reset on short rests. There are no long rests. The environment of Helion is such that it's almost impossible for anyone to be inactive for more than 6 hours. The surroundings are just too chaotic. It's as if reality itself is moving at a breakneck pace and it's pulling everyone on the planet with it.

I'm now realizing that at some point I'm going to have to update the World Building Info post as I have so many plot points about Helion just floating around in my head that need to be documented. Especially since most of these ideas will adversely affect your characters at some point. Some of them sooner rather than later.

You didn't, by any chance, think unlimited power was free did you?
    Doesn't this sort of make the coffee lock build a bit.. redundant?

13. - Top - End - #73

Quote Originally Posted by sadatg View Post
    Doesn't this sort of make the coffee lock build a bit.. redundant?
    Yeah, I suppose you're right about that, but abilities resetting on short rests and spell slots' interchangeability were both part of this thread since the first post. With spell interchangeability you can convert wizard levels like warlock levels. Which would then reset on a short rest. The same with Bard levels too. But the synergies are still better with CoffeeLock and Bard/Sorc than with wizard.

But these benefits only help those born on Helion as the magics of the plane warp and reshape their body's ability to use the energies that extra-planar visitors have not gone through. And even still it takes a few generations for the change to fully take manifest.
    Last edited by PiperSqueaks; 2019-03-14 at 09:12 PM.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74

AssassinGuy

@pipersqueak, does spell casting slots reset on a short rest also?

not that that changes me at all hexblade bladelock/divine soul sorc/battle master fighter incoming

15. - Top - End - #75

Quote Originally Posted by sadatg View Post
    @pipersqueak, does spell casting slots reset on a short rest also?

not that that changes me at all hexblade bladelock/divine soul sorc/battle master fighter incoming
    Yeah they do. See my second edit where I rethought everything again and saw where you were coming from.

EDIT: If anyone does want to change their character concept due to new information that's OK with me.
    Last edited by PiperSqueaks; 2019-03-15 at 08:21 AM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Rolling for cash: (5d100)[367]

Question: When you say we get a magic item, what kind of magic item does it have to be? Is it limited by Rarity?

17. - Top - End - #77

Rolling for cash: [roll0]

Question: When you say we get a magic item, what kind of magic item does it have to be? Is it limited by Rarity?
    Type is up to you: Rare is OK. Ask if you are unsure. The only questionable item I've seen in this thread is the mention of using a Dragon Mask to stave off exhaustion. Dragon masks are not allowed from the start, but depending on how things go they may or may not be obtained later in the course of the campaign.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Give the dragon mask to Marrianne.
    Also I will give my 1 point to the person who fits in my story!

Finally, some gold.
    (5d100)[248]

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

I will be retracting my character sheet and application. I'm sorry.

20. - Top - End - #80

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyMinstrel View Post
    I will be retracting my character sheet and application. I'm sorry.
    No need to apologize. It's cool.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

So I purchased some items and touched up my sheet. How is everyone looking.

22. - Top - End - #82

So I purchased some items and touched up my sheet. How is everyone looking.
    I like it. It looks good. I assume you're living in Helios for the City Secrets. I can't wait to see Marriane in action. With a Cha of 17 this has to be the most adorable Kobold on Helion.

In the immortal words of Dory:
    I shall call her squishy and she shall be mine and she shall be my squishy!

JK! Please don't stab the DM in the back with your rapier.
    Last edited by PiperSqueaks; 2019-03-16 at 11:32 PM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83

Sorry, I'm still alive and intending to build a crazy math man, I've just recently started running a game (or 5) which has eaten up a lot of my time. No progress on the character, just posting to say I'm alive.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84

Sorry, I'm still alive and intending to build a crazy math man, I've just recently started running a game (or 5) which has eaten up a lot of my time. No progress on the character, just posting to say I'm alive.
    I understand. No worries. Glad to read you're still kicking.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Here's Ardin the Red, my Divine Soul Sorcerer/Devotion Paladin/Swashbuckler Rogue. Haven't finished the background yet, but he's basically a good-natured "pirate" that does his best to keep the seas safe. I'll elaborate more on why he's back on the mainland in his background.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

I like it. It looks good. I assume you're living in Helios for the City Secrets. I can't wait to see Marriane in action. With a Cha of 17 this has to be the most adorable Kobold on Helion.

In the immortal words of Dory:
    I shall call her squishy and she shall be mine and she shall be my squishy!

JK! Please don't stab the DM in the back with your rapier.
    She is suppose to be cute.

As for the city probably Helios is a safe bet, but she has likely moved around. Her Hexblade patron is capriocious and makes her do weird things like having a new outfit every day.

Next ASI I hope to pick up points to even out my cha and dex. I have eldritch smite which is cool. I guess Iíll have to outdo the paladin swashbuckler (Whose stays will be inflated and will have a million passive effects I cannot) by knowing more magic.

27. - Top - End - #87

Here's Ardin the Red, my Divine Soul Sorcerer/Devotion Paladin/Swashbuckler Rogue. Haven't finished the background yet, but he's basically a good-natured "pirate" that does his best to keep the seas safe. I'll elaborate more on why he's back on the mainland in his background.
    Your home base is probably Hedonia. Or alternatively a hidden location on of the many islands in Sea of Glass.

I will add your sheet to the interest table.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

I still want a noble character buddy guys! :p

29. - Top - End - #89

I know I've been away from this thread for a few days. Are people still interested?

I'm still working on the expanded description of Helion and its major cities.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

I'm still here.

Though the way the ability is phrased, city secrets isn't city specific. However, if anyone knows a background that gives a feature that pertains to be being underground, I would gladly look at it.