1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Shadowrun 5e "Battling Unemployment"

Kent Morgan; Icarus
    Street Cred: 0 l Notoriety: 3 l Public Awareness: 0
    Physical Condition Monitor: 0/15 [0] l Stun Condition Monitor: 0/11 [0]

Quote Originally Posted by I'Wath View Post
    "Don't mind me. Scouting runs can go sideways too."
    Icarus patted the briefcase on the floor board beside him, "Don't worry I'wath, I've got your back when things go sideways. That's my job right, insurance. And believe me, I'm good at what I do."

He surveyed the compound, noting key locations, visible security and counter measures, he relayed the information to his companions, recorded the information and the layout on his comm. "Rustik, that woman in the wheelchair, she astrally active?" He watched as the vehicle pulled into traffic, he tagged the registration number on the rear of the vehicle and sent it off to Insight, hoping he'd be able to trace it and determine the link with Lonestar and the Taxia site.

>>Insight, put a trace on this vehicle when you have a chance, UCTM 9174, find out who it's registered to.<<

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Meira closes her eyes again, determined to pick something up.

"Three people... realtime incoming.

Woman: "This is unacceptable. We already paid for the product. What do you mean you are giving it to a new buyer? That isn't how business works. You stick with deals made within contracts. "

Businessman: "I understand your frustration in this matter but the other company gave us an offer we could not refuse. We will reimburse you for the expenditures as soon as possible. Now please, vacate the premise or I will have securi-"

Old man: "No you won't. This isn't about you playing a trick. You violated a contractual obligation to provide a product to a customer. The legal battle will hit your company harder than it will hit ours. Now you can stop the underhanded dealings, provide us with the product that we paid for legally and we will be out of your way."

...That's all I got."
    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #63

"No no this is the guy we might be stealing for," Blink whispered under her breath to Diathe as she glanced between Insight and his contact Harry, but sidled up at the techie's gesture to come closer. Inclining her head Blink offered the man her best, or what she thought as her best, smile managing to only show a little teeth as she greeted him.

"Afternoon. Sorry for intruding we just wanted to make sure our friend here got around safely. Streets have been rough of late with gangs." The Satyr quipped with a smile, it was a casual and routine excuse, but at least explained why Insight had them in tow. Well her in tow. Blink wasn't exactly ugly, but she looked somewhat plain next to the glittering Dryad who wouldn't have been out of place as a celebrity date on the red carpet.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

She snuck around the right-hand (street wise) side of the facility, taking advantage of the physical borders of the site. 'Knock-Knock' she thought to herself as she first pushed a hand into the building, checking first for mana barriers, before poking her head through the dull, solid-fog like wall to have a look around. This was probably the last of her projecting jaunts as she wanted to take advantage of that archaically dressed man before making her retreat.

She wasn't aware of what was happening to her body or its surrounds, so also wanted to keep it brief. She could move 5km in a second... faster than a 10th generation jet. Without protection she would snap her spine and liquefy her skull with such acceleration. But time and space only informed eachother here, not defined as indiscriminate physical constants. Getting away was easier than getting in. Plus nothing screamed astral planar contact then accidentally phasing through someone while reconnoitring, she learnt that the hard way as a Mob enforcer running surveillance looking for indebted targets that failed to pay their dues.

A quick look inside couldn't hurt, however.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    After a brief look inside I'll fly out while scrubbing the worst bit of my astral signature. Cowboy's aura should cover over the rest.
    Last edited by Schismatic; 2019-03-18 at 08:00 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65

Scouting Group

Using the signature of the astral beacon as a type of astral camouflage, Rustik is able to sneak over to the north side of the facility and peek her head in through a wall. There were no mana barriers up and nothing alerted a presence or prevented passage. Heading over that side leads the mage over to the two loading bay doors. Peeking through the wall by the doors shops a large open warehouse. There is a staging area right by the loading bay doors making it somewhat difficult to see over the packages that are all prepared throughout the ware house.

There is a back door that Rustic can see on the west side of the building. There are two office rooms to the left by the main entrance and what looks to be some rooms to the right, but they have no windows to look into to get an idea of what they are like the office rooms. There is another door on the south side of the entrance. It looks like a larger side loading door with a pathway painted yellow on the ground leading straight to the loading doors. It is somewhat difficult to see anything specific, there didn't appear to be any guards in the warehouse. Despite seeing the business man and the guard walk into this warehouse, as things are, those two are nowhere to be seen.

With this, Rustik was able to make a clean getaway from the facility and back into her own body to return into the hidden car with the rest of the group. The facility moves on as if it was never aware of their presence to begin with. That facility had it's own problems to deal with concerning the two individuals. It was nearly impossible to see whether the woman was a mage or not, that being said it seems that she had the same idea traveling with an astral beacon to hide themselves. The group is left to their devices and their next plan of action.

Supply group

At the explanation that the Satyr and the Dryad were in fact with Insight, he nodded and waved them over. Assuming the two nature meta-humans probably weren't traveling with a decker. It seemed his assumptions had been wrong. He nods and waits for the other two to come in closer. He is thinking long and hard and then looks at Insight up and down as if appraising him. He nods and turns to the back of the shop, walking away for a few minutes before coming out with six used simrigs. He places them down on the counter and finally he speaks.

"Alright... I am willing to rent them to you because I trust that you will bring them back relatively unscathed. But... I would be more willing to not only keep my stock but take a few more off your hands after you acquire and use them. If it knocks one of my competitors down a peg then I think I can get on board. I know of a guy, real **** head... But looking at this little thing here, you aren't going to have any trouble pulling the wool over his eyes... Hmmm... How soon could I expect them? Is this going to be a month long thing? If you can be finished within the week, then that is perfect.

Go to the west plaza here. On the south west side of the plaza is a shop called Shektroniks. The ork there by the name of Gorzo. That is the guy, he should have the simrigs you are looking for. I know because he undercut me on a few deals with them a bit ago. He might still have them. You get me those... And I will remember the fact that I owe you a favor. He may be an ork, but I get the feeling the three of you won't have any trouble should things get out of hand. Just... don't kill him. He may be a ****, but he doesn't deserve to die. "
    "Meat. Meet Murder Bear the Destroyer.

-Murder Bear the Destroyer"

6. - Top - End - #66
    Firbolg in the Playground

Insight nods. He wasn't quite expecting him to go for the plan, but here they were. "Alright. I think a week will be more than enough time, and yes we won't kill him." He hoped so, anyway. This seemed like an easy enough task for that to not even need to be considered, and killing a shop owner over a few grand of electronics he wasn't even planning on keeping was not how he wanted to be. "I guess that's all, then. Unless something goes wrong, we'll see you in a few days to talk about handing the rigs over. Good to see you, and thanks for the help."

Unless either of the others have something to add, Insight then heads outside, checking his messages and sending a quick reply to Icarus.

>>Understood. Nearly have the rigs, will get on that when I'm able to take some Matrix time<<

He then looks over at the others. "So, um, how are we doing this? If need be, I shouldn't have a problem with hacking anything he has on the electronic side, if we need to do more than just have Daithe walk in and do her thing. Do we need more?"

7. - Top - End - #67

BardGuy

She coughed and sputtered a moment. Momentarily dazed as her heart beat faster, and some colour of life return to her cheeks. She hit the seat lift lever and rubbed out sleep from her eyes. "Well nothing that interesting. Barring that guy in the weird threads." She noted before looking at the crew.

"No mana barriers, looks fairly mundane. There's also a backdoor entrance. You want to avoid that weird guy with the big hat, however." She noted. "The warehouse seems to be the best way into the place. Less guarded. Though management and security seem to be near the main entrance." She said as she retrieved her cigarette case.

"Pretty uncomplicated site. A lot of cover, a few workable angles, but then again being caught could lead to a serious firefight due to the number of obstructions." She explained the tactical situation, retrieving a cigarette and her Zippo and lit up the cancer stick. Lowering her window and exhaled a plume of smoke.

"So when we doing this thing? I want my 21,000¥. I'm tired of not having a fake SIN. Got my eyes of an awesome abandoned warehouse in Puyallup that's real cheap. Has a working chemical safety bath still attached to mains. Just needs a cot. Might build a lodge. I'm thinking maybe a greenhouse, sand garden, water feature--improve the manaflow and better oxygenate the space. This single job will practically give me a new identity good enough to get a passport with. Not that I'm planning to go anywhere, but just as security. What are you chummers doing with your cut?" She queried.
    Last edited by Schismatic; 2019-03-18 at 03:53 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Kent Morgan; Icarus

He watched as the life seemed to flow back into the mage's body, the gasp of breath as though she'd been drowning, the look of disorientation as her eyes snapped open. He wondered what she had seen, what it felt like to be above it all. As she spoke, he pulled out smoothly into traffic, pulled onto the UCAS 99 S, until the 509 cutoff, he didn't like it, but they needed options if the operation started to go south, and that meant Aithne and her General Supplies, right in the center of Tacoma, in the god damn shadow of Shiawase.

"Upgrades, bribes, fees. I aim to make sure those that think I'm dead," he cold Ikon eyes viewed the Shiawase logo, anything but modest, as it adorned their corporate headquarters, "don't find out I'm still pulling breath, yeah?" He maneuvered off the bypass, drifting through the upscale districts of Tacoma, avoiding the A sectors, less chance of tangling with CorpSec. Finally pulling up to a modest warehouse, ostensibly signed with an old school neon bulb sign, 'Tamwyn's General Supplies.'

He exited the vehicle, speaking calmly, "If you want to come with you can, but for god's sake keep your hands clear and out of your pockets. Mind your step, and don't cross the yellow line." With that he buzzed the intercom, his voice low, "It's Morgan, yeah, yeah, don't feed me that drek. You got time, and I got friends need supplies. They know the drill, you gonna buzz us through?"

9. - Top - End - #69

Blink lingers by Insights side considering the situation at hand for a long quiet moment. "Hack this Shektronic's shop camera's and sensors and loop their feeds before we go in so he doesn't get us on camera. Diathe goes up front and smooths the guy over keeping his eyes on her and getting him to pull the simrigs out. Second they're out if Insight can set off an alarm back in the shop or something to get the guys attention away from the front then we grab the rigs and bolt." The Satyr suggested fairly confident in their plan so long as Insight could get the marks needed on the shop and loop the feeds and mess with the alarms.

"If he catches on and chases after us you two keep running. I'll fall back and rough him up a little then catch up since I'm fastest and it'll buy you both more time to leg it. Then we figure out which of our places is closest and let Insight zoink out to work on the rigs while I keep watch." The Street Sammy suggested remembering her mentors various and often long winded lectures.

10. - Top - End - #70

BardGuy

"Nope. I'm fine." She noted as she decided to pull her commlink and decided to look up the corporation they were running against. Namely she would look up some of its more poignant membership, identify some of its activities. Cross compare that membership and histories and see if they had any noteworthy researchers and see if she can locate any published articles they had written up or medical patents or contracts they have.

Maybe it might illuminate the nature of their work and the package they're being paid to intercept.

(Edit) She shuffled uncomfortably in her seat as she looked up the time and checked her nuyen. She pulled up her Onion stealth browser and sent an email to her talismonger and tailor contacts. As she began typing out a message.

'Could use more RAs (21dms). I'll B there in 20.'

'Harry, need a good ski mask for a possible skiing trip up north. Something black and thick.'

She sent a message to Icarus.

'Need GRs, plz. I need to meet with my TM for some stuff. Unless you want to drive to Downtown I'll head off there now and meet you later.'
    Last edited by Schismatic; 2019-03-19 at 10:11 AM.

11. - Top - End - #71

Insight grins. "I think I should be able to do one better, and edit the feed so you two just don't show up. Won't look like a loop. Just don't go where a camera in there can see you until I give you the heads up, okay?"

With that, he goes to find a place to sit down, relax and enter VR - sure, he could probably do this just fine in AR, but he liked working in VR better. First things first, access, and then the more demanding job of some real-time edits. Time to see how well he can do this stuff out in the real world.

If he succeeds in gaining a mark on the camera, he sends the girls a quick message. >>Ready to start editing when you're ready. Best to do this quickly.<<

Spoiler
    Show

Okay, entering VR in hot-sim and not running silently (because Sleaze actions are only noticed if I fail, running silent in public can look weird, and I want the dice). With the public grid penalty, that's a total of +0 to my Matrix checks.

Current deck configuration:
    Spoiler
    Show

ASDF: Attack 1 Sleaze 6 (7, +2 HotF) Data Processing 4 (5+1, +2 Edit) Firewall 4 (5)
    Modules: Program Carrier (Encryption), Vectored Signal Filter, Multidimensional Coprocessor
    Programs: Edit, Exploit, Signal Scrub, Stealth, Toolbox

First thing I'm doing is a normal Hack on the Fly attempt (limit of 9): (13d6)[1][5][3][5][5][2][6][2][4][5][3][4][2](47) vs Firewall + Intuition or Device Rating (the latter if it counts as completely unattended, but I'm guessing this is a case where Intuition is used). If I succeed, I get a mark and we can proceed. If not, then things are going to start going wrong.

The editing part is a series of Edit File tests, as described in the action description, at a rate of one test per Combat Turn. Not rolling any here because I don't know how many I'll need to do yet.

12. - Top - End - #72

Icarus, Rustik, Iwath

With the meat space scouting complete and the group all aware and back in the vehicle. There were no major issues from the scouting mission and the police weren't called. All things considered, this run was already moving a little more smoothly than most runs. That was simply be because disaster always strikes that which requires the most stability. Unfortunately, shadowrun work was never stable work. With that the group is able to drive, the drive is lengthy, having been a little later during the day. The scouting took up most of the morning with a nice bright noon sun and lunch rush traffic.

The ride was still quite uneventful despite the crowded nature of the trip. The rising sun above doing little to brighten the oppressive loom of the skyscrapers stabbing into the sky. The buildings providing shade, as if denying those below any of it's warmth. The bumps and rubble of the dis-repaired streets are minor to those of Redmond streets, but it was still obvious to the vehicle. Every block gave the group a regular dose of jolts and bumps from the damaged roads. The people within the sidewalks and the streets didn't even give their vehicle a 2nd glance. They had no reason to bother them and they were obviously about their own business.

The drive to drop off the Rustik was over quickly. Letting her off nearby the area for her Talismonger. A message pings Icarus's commlink, his contact informing him to stop by and they will have what he needs. After moments during a relatively quiet drive the car pulls up into a narrow and cramped parking lot of the shop. The shop is a small brick building with thick barred windows. The door which is also marred vertically, is propped open with some rubble with a flickering open neon sign hanging above the store.

Spoiler: Store Interaction
    Show

With two hits, the shop owner is willing to sell you full price for the ammo and will wait a week for payment.

Gel Rounds are 2.5 Nuyen per round.

Stick and Shock is 8 Nuyen per round.

Regular rounds are 2 Nuyen per round.

Those are the three types of rounds they have access to for now. Let me know how many of each bullet you are going to take, he will open up a tab and start a timer for the week. If you want to act this interaction out, we can but if you want to grab the bullets and get to the plan making and other legwork, feel free to just write up how much ammo you buy and do your thing. If I'wath wants to buy ammunition then he can too. Let me know what you guys are buying.

Supply Group

Insight finds a damp, rusty bench with some trash on it. swiping away some of the bigger articles of garbage clears the bench enough to sit down and jump into VR. Looking at the state of the plaza security, it wasn't very well maintained or protected. This wasn't exactly a place that required a strong matrix defense though. Looking at the host and hacking into it, it is simple and easy work. This is the type of security youu would have challenged yourself to tackle when you were first decking. Here it is second nature. There is no major risk, simply taking Insight's time, the file gains a mark allowing Insight access into the file. From that point all Insight needs to do is edit the files and keep them from showing the group as they run in and treat themselves to the five finger discount. At the go ahead from Insight, Daithe leans in and grabs Blink by her arm. She whispers before she lets go.

We go in. If we find the rigs ourselves, I distract and you swipe. If we have to ask for them, then I will force him to give them to us and then we split fast.

With that Daithe looks back and nods at Insight, facing the store and taking a look at the camera at the entrance. Trusting Insight to ensure the camera will not show her there, she steps forward into the store. The store is in a similarly cramped state as the last electronic shop this group was in but this one had a more rusty and cheaper feel to it. Many of the electronics on display were scraps and rusted junk. There were some usable electronics. There were a lot of useable electronics, but nothing of any decent quality. Daithe makes a straight B line to the shop counter as she enters, trying to not appear in any way affiliated with the Satyr that was a few feet behind her.

Daithe walks up to the counter and takes out her commlink, it was a Transys Avalon that looked to be decently well built. Too well built for a dryad with no electrical back ground to have acquired through any legal means. She drops it on the counter and looks at the disinterested man that sits at the front counter. At the sound of her dropping her commlink, he looks up at the sound and his eyes widen in surprise. The man jumps up with the sly grin of a salesman looking down at the commlink and then up at Daithe. She flashes him a smile herself. She looks down at the commlink.

The con artist from the east plaza sold me this piece of junk. It died on me after a day but I don't want to do business with him anymore. Hows about I sell it to you and you can see about getting me set up with a nicer usable piece of tech? Lets talk price.

Spoiler: Bargaining
    Show

The way to a salesman's heart is through a bargain. :P She will be needlessly haggling like a gypsy caravan leader to distract this dude and if she can, rip him off for a different deal than what she originally posed. She doesn't want to sell her Commlink, but if she can get him interested, she will try and change the deal to get something else from him while Blink swipes SimRigs.

(16d6)[5][4][1][6][5][5][6][6][6][3][3][3][6][1][2][1](63)

It quickly became apparent that the man was woefully unprepared to withstand the pressure Daithe began to lay down on the man, starting from the sweet lost woman who needed help from the last bad seller to what looked and sounded like a female auctioneer berating and belittling the man's merchandise, quoting different sales from other stores that beat his own sales. The man seems more disdraught than angry at her onslaught, he begins sifting through crates behind the desk, pulling out shinier pieces of tech and displaying it to Daithe. He pulls out four sub vocal mics, a white noise generator and a sleeze booster chip.

Daithe, looks down at these items and smiled. Somehow throughout the interaction between her and the man, she had put her commlink away and had changed the subject of the sale to her commlink to these pieces of tech that he displayed for her. Any note from blink will reveal that this man is hopelessly distracted from the situation.
    Last edited by Taqukaq; 2019-03-20 at 09:46 AM.

13. - Top - End - #73

It was with no small amount of guilt that Blink left the Decker to his work. Her paranoia prickling at the idea of him just sitting there unprotected and relatively helpless, at least by her standards, while the pair worked. Still she was the fastest of the group and nodding along to Diathe's plan the Satyr resolves to get the job done as quick and quiet as she was able. If only to ease her worry over the Decker.

Keeping a decent distance back from Diathe she slipped through the store door in the Dryads wake and made a beeline for the shelves acting as though she was merely window shopping or browsing as the Face set to bargaining. Her own eyes seeking out the familiar shape of the simrigs they were looking for among all this junk. Eventually finding them tucked in an out of the way corner, certainly not a popular or often sold item here, and thankfully just out of line of sight of the merchant. Wasting little time the Satyr glanced at the reflection in the window to ensure that Diathe was indeed still at it before stuffing the rigs carefully into her jacket and doing one more circle of the shelves before letting out a disappointed sigh and ambling for the door. Acting for all the world as though she was a failed bargain shopper eyeing the shop for a decent rip-off which she appeared to have failed to find. Making it a point to keep her pace casual and her shoulders hunched with a bit of disappointment until she was safely out of view before booking it at a brisk pace towards their Decker.

Finding a few street punks eyeing the poor man from a distance before she settled down on the bench beside him baring her teeth provocatively at anyone the looked to be sizing Insight up with a mean glint in her eyes as she resolved to wait it out.

"I'm back. Found a few five finger bargains while I was at it." The Street Samurai murmurs softly under her breath so only Insight might hear. Not that she's certain he can hear her or not before leaning back against the wall the bench was set against. Eyeing the crowds the whole time for potential threats as she subtly adjusted the merch shoved in her jacket.

14. - Top - End - #74

BardGuy

Spoiler: Purchases...
    Show

21 drams = 420¥
    42 x Gel Rounds = 105¥
    2 x Clips (Beretta 201T) = 10¥
    Balaclava = 50¥
    Cheap nylon bag = 20¥
    Unopened Meta Link Commlink (post operation burner replacement) = 100¥
    = 705¥

She hopped into the car, she was cautious not to give the exact address to drop her off to pick up supplies. Not that she didn't trust her teammates but she didn't want her mother-in-law dragged back into the shadows. In case this job went arse-up. Tossing in the shopping bag of gear into Icarus' car, she gave smile and nod to I'wath and Icarus in turn. In the quiet confines she bag to dig through her purchases and those made before.

She quietly began loading her new clips and placing her explosive round ones and her balaclava into her bag. Placing one clip into the gun and the two in the side carry pouches of her concealable holster and returning the gun to its holster. She took out the bag of drams--baby's teeth, bound locks of hair, and a miniscule dust of orihalcum to help insulate mana straight into their astral reflection, before squirreling them away in a plastic pouch in her left slacks pocket. She rolled up her balaclava and wore it like a winter head cap, ready to be pulled down at a moment's notice. Securely locking down the strands of her hair that all were left were the curled locks that sprang from beneath the back of it.

Not that it would be anytime soon before operations, but Seattle was frigidly cold compared to her homeland, and she might as well wear it partially now. She had been meaning to get measured for an overcoat and adjust the lining of her jacket to the comparatively frigid climes--but for now she'd suffer the chill. She felt ready, excited. She wanted to go right now. Alas patience would need to temper bravado and derring-do. At least for the time being... She remembered all too long ago now recounting the same eagerness to get up and personal with a manastorm--and she can afford to get a decent drink in the process, not stuck in a prefab shelter airdropped on site.

"Right, mates! All ready--So we need a game plan." She retrieved a cigarette and lit it with her zippo. Exhaling a plume out the window, taking a moment to drink in the sites of a city she was still trying to figure out.

(Edit) "But first... some homework." She pulled out her commlink and began researching lead researchers from Taxia Medical, recent patents, scientific papers from some of their staff if available on peer reviewed academic journals, or books and articles they've written. Trying to get a hold on what they might be up to.

Spoiler: Biotech Results...
    Show

(11d6)[6][1][2][5][4][5][1][6][6][6][5](47) - Biotech roll. 7 hits!
    Last edited by Schismatic; 2019-03-20 at 06:25 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75

With the camera dealt with and a moment spent double-checking that they were in the clear, Insight switches back to VR, coming around to see Blink sat next to him. Grinning, he nods. "Great. No problems on my end, either. As far as the camera is concerned, you were never there. I, uh, guess we just leave now, right? Just walk out and catch up with the others." He does notice the thugs, but after giving them a quick glance he doesn't pay much attention to them. That's what he had Blink for, after all - he definitely wasn't complaining about someone watching his back, and it seemed to be working. "Thanks for keeping an eye out for me."

He then sends another message to Icarus. >>All done here. Where to next?<<

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

Kent Morgan; Icarus

Aithne was cool, distant even, not that Morgan was particularly insulted by the indifference, he understood, as far as she was concerned he'd betrayed his unit, resulting in both his death, and the near death of his comrades. She had only learned that he was both alive, and scapegoated by Shiawase less than 10 weeks ago. He'd managed to convince her of his loyalty to his unit, and the fact he'd discovered their commanding officers duplicity with the Quarantine Zone.

After some terse negotiations, he was able to procure the supplies that his crew required, and a promise of repayment and a shared bottle of '47 single malt. He walked back to the Americar, secured the satchel in the rear of the vehicle, and walked to the driver's seat.

"I'll drop you two off at my studio, pick up the other's then we can research the target, come up with a plan, yeah?" He paused, "I'll pick up some curried soy krill, this could turn into a long tactical session."

The building was a converted industrial warehouse; the main entryway was protected by a vestibule of three inch thick ballistic glass. The building itself was tagged with AR holo-tags, proclaiming it the territory of the 66 Spikes, and the main door was protected by an armored door salvaged from some long forgotten Panzer, secured with a biometric lock. Alerted by the proximity of Morgan's comm, the door slid open on greasy hinges, "2nd floor, the east side apartment, I'll be back in half on hour. Korean beer in the fridge, help yourself."

As he pulled out and turned back towards downtown he replied to Insight's earlier message, >>On my way, ping me the grid access and I'll pick you up. Rustik & I'wath are at a secure-ish location.<<
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2019-03-20 at 09:25 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77

GreenSorcererElf

Meira heads up and in, after putting her pistol away. She finds herself a seat and a beer, and raises it to Rustik. This is all new to her - in her world, you can trust command. Here, there isn't any command to trust.

"So what's your take on this? I don't know about our... client. Talk is cheap, right? 'We can get you all kinds of stuff, pinky promise.' Yeah, right."
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78

Supply group

Daithe completely ignores blink as she walks in and quickly goes to work. The work went almost too smooth but there didn't seem to be any issues. Daithe managed to negotiate a discount with some interesting tech she found that the group could probably use. She grabbed the other sub-vocal mics, white noise generator and sleaze booster and placed them in her back before she walks out of the store shortly behind blink just in time for insight to come back to. When he has his wits she tosses him the sleaze booster.

"Alright Lets go quick before he notices something is missing. Insight, can you use this any?"

Scouting group

After Icarus dropped off I'wath and Rustik at his place. Leaving them to speak among themselves or wander and explore. As Icarus wanders back to his vehicle, he finds the day passing along as expected. Most of the day would be dedicated to planning and preparing to hit the warehouse. The drive to the plaza was fairly short. It was close to where the group met at in the bar. After a few moments Icarus is able to pull up near the plaza close to the team.
    Last edited by Taqukaq; 2019-03-22 at 07:31 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Kent Morgan; Icarus

He steered smoothly through the snarl of traffic to the grid co-ordinates provided by Insight, and was able to pick up hacker, their negotiator and close combat specialist. He stepped out of the vehicle and held the door for Daithe & Blink, allowing them to sit in the rear, and as he did so he scanned the crowd looking for those odd elements that didn't belong, sudden or irregular movement. Scanning the top of people's heads rather than concentrating on the faces. Human's were herd animals, and they tended to give predators a wide berth, or otherwise react to them, and that's the motion he was looking for.

Satisfied they weren't being followed he resumed his seat, checking his blind spots carefully to ensure the vehicle itself wasn't being shadowed. He noted the bulge in Blink's armored jacket, "Rig's secured?" He was satisfied with Insight's furtive look, and the smug-ish smile across Daithe's face. "Confirmed then. We managed to glean some useful information from out surveil, however, I'll let the other's fill you in once we arrive at our meet point. Though there is one other objective we need to consider," he let the comment trail off as he drove back towards his apartment in the smog covered industrial section called Auburn. Driving by Renraku's hardware manufacturing facility, easily the largest of it's kind , Morgan exited the bypass, and continued through a convoluted maze of side streets and warehouse lots, until he came to a small vendor cart.

He spoke in passable but broken Korean to the older man who ran the cart, whose AR signs proudly promoted it the best Authentic Soy Krill in Seattle. In short order, the man delivered an, honest to god, paper bag full of cartons that leaked a rich, brown sauce, the aroma filled the car as he passed the sweet & sour soy krill to Insight beside him. He held up four fingers, and the old man produced four six packs of Taedong gang, a Korean pale ale, each plastic bottle was beaded with sweat from the humidity, though it's foil tab cap was intact. Morgan nodded his thanks, as he tapped the window, his comm transferring the required cred's to the vendor's account.

"Food and beer," he paused, as he turned back towards the on-ramp, "I figure it's going to be a long night." He arrived at the warehouse complex he called home, parked the vehicle in an underground lot, the walls were tagged with the logo of the '66 Spikes, a crew of go-gangers who were connected with the Auburn drug scene. He nodded at a few members as he walked towards the front lobby, a small, but noticeable shake of the head waving them off as the young men seemed drawn to the exotic nature of Blink, and the sim-star good looks of Daithe.

Once in through the loby, he ascended the lift, his apartment on the east side of the building. The ride up was rickety, the platform shook, decades old hydraulics squealing under protest of the crew's presence, he then swiped his hand across the door, and walked in. Lit by old led bulbs, it had floor to ceiling windows along the east wall, looking over a stunning view of fumes being ejected by the petrochem facility that dominated the skyline. Some threadbare couches, a love seat and an old leather recliner were the sparse furnishings in the main room, the north wall was dominated by a large flat screen that was currently displaying a natural plains vista, obviously in a display save mode. He walked through to the kitchen, laying out the food on the counter top.

"Papa Jae's best curried soy krill. Enjoy." He pulled a beer from the ring and peeled the foil top, taking a long pull. "So who want's to start?"

He set the quarter empty bottle of scotch Taq had gifted him with on the counter, opened the briefcase he'd been carrying all day, and began dismantling and cleaning the Ingram X he had stored inside.

20. - Top - End - #80

"No problem Insight. Just let me know when you need to conk out. I'm used to sleeping in shifts so I don't mind keeping an eye on you." The Satyr offered only to glance over his shoulder to flash Diathe a smile. "Happy hunting I take it?" Blink quipped with a smile rising to her hooves at the Dryad's suggestion that they beat feet as the trio made their way out of the complex to see an unfamiliar car driven thankfully by a familiar Icarus.

At the cybered-up soldiers comment Blink nodded in agreement patting the bulge of her jacket where she'd balled up the simrigs for a quick get away. Now that she wasn't having to fly casual she pulled them out and rearranged them with a bit more care before tucking them into the battered backpack she kept slung over her shoulder. "What else is there on the menu for today other then recap?" The Faun questioned with a title of her head confused by Icarus's comment even as she eyed the other cars wizzing past them warily clearly not used to riding in a vehicle from her shifting and the way she fumbled with the seatbelt. Though her face quickly lit up with understanding as they pulled up alongside the food cart. The Satyr scrambling with her restraints to practically shove her face forward between the headrest and window next to Icarus's head to sniff the air pale blue eyes sparkling with excitement.

"Yeessss Soy Krill!" She exclaimed with bright enthusiasm likely only getting shoved back into her seat by the momentum of the car as it pulled away. "God I haven't had that stuff in ages!" Blink hummed all, but bouncing in excitement as she eyed the boxes set on Insight's lap her nose practically twitching as she inhaled the heady and delicious scent of food. Only dragging her gaze off it once they stepped out of the car to do a cursory scan of the area her hands once more shoved into her pockets s she arched a brow at a few gangers that looked overly long at her or Diathe, or god forbid the food. She was hungry enough she thought she probably could have eaten a horse and seemed happy enough with Icarus's layout even casting a nod of greeting to the others once she'd spotted them though it was clear she wasn't going to pay them much mind till she at least had her meal and drink in front of her.

"Oi Icarus where do you keep your dishes? I'll grab plates for everyone."
    She called out ambling into his kitchen with a sway of her tail.

21. - Top - End - #81

In the car, Insight takes a moment to look at what Daithe gave him, responding with a small shrug. "Not completely sure, I'll give it a proper look when we're inside." He wasn't quite as hungry as Blink, so his reaction to the prospect of food was a little more restrained, although he definitely wasn't complaining about it. He expected to have a lot to do tonight.

Once inside Icarus' apartment, he looks around for a moment, before picking an empty spot on the floor, laying out his various tools and electronics before looking over at the members of the team who were already there. "Oh, um, hi. Blink's pretty excited about the food. How have things gone with you?"

22. - Top - End - #82

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    Meira heads up and in, after putting her pistol away. She finds herself a seat and a beer, and raises it to Rustik. This is all new to her - in her world, you can trust command. Here, there isn't any command to trust.

"So what's your take on this? I don't know about our... client. Talk is cheap, right? 'We can get you all kinds of stuff, pinky promise.' Yeah, right."
    She nodded to Icarus, as she leapt from the vehicle, throwing her disposable nylon bag over her left shoulder and continued sorting through data.

"I can't tell you about the Johnny--but I can tell you the sitch is not what I'd consider fair dinkum, mate. " She grimaced as she followed Meira inside. Grabbing herself a cold one.

"This Taxia is doing some serious hooding. Involved in numerous non-profit activities for people on low incomes." She noted. "Coup'la bioware patents, believed to finance itself out of shadow activities. Which might explain why we've been brought in. I think she was the woman who was being wheeled about. She has a bodyguard called Reks. Former Lone Star. He might have been the Astral torch that I saw when I was out of my head."

She fell into her seat and took a drink. She gave herself a reprieve from the revelation looking away from her commlink.

"At the very least the facility isn't Taxia-owned so we're not adding any salt. I mean I've done some things working with the mafia--but most of the time that was to other 'fiosa. I didn't go back o' Bourke for this garbage."
    Last edited by Schismatic; 2019-03-22 at 12:50 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Kent Morgan; Icarus

Morgan watched as the Satyr walked into his kitchen, her hooves clacking oddly on the petro-foam tile laid down over the floor of his apartment. He only shook his head at her question, "Jae's takeout has the chopsticks glued to the side of the box, that'll have to do." He shrugged, looked over to a well stocked liquor cabinet, "Only thing I keep around here," what could almost pass as a smile, a slight upturn in his lips, "that's some post-ops incentive right there."

He listened as the Rukus spoke in her thick accent, struggling to make the connection with what, he could only assume, was slang. "Yeah, that confirms what I found out from Dr. al-Assad. Taxia and her bodyguard Reks stepped out of the shadows, started the clinic in Redmond, small client base, no big money, no expansion plans, no downtown clinic." He paused, she'd said something else too. "Come to think of it, only clinic she knows of with a storage facility close to where we're talking is Shards Cyber Centre. If you get a chance," he knew they were burdening their VR Security Specialist with a very long list of data to search down and wished he could assist in some way, "see if we can find ownership on the site as described by Ork-boi."

His Ikon Zieuss eyes shifted a moment, and the large panel on the north way flickered to life, and then displayed a rudimentary schematic of the building. "I'wath, wanna walk us through your plan of insertion?"

24. - Top - End - #84

GreenSorcererElf

"Alright..." She leans forward and sets down her beer... and that's the last anyone sees of the indifferent street punk for a bit.

"We have two major options. My preference is to open up the doors, all of them, then give the signal for you all to storm the place. This can mean me picking every lock, or going through a vent and stealing access. Maybe some combination thereof. The other option is we airlock it - one door at a time, lock up behind us. If live security is on the ball, we might have to, but fail rates go way up. I was engineered for infiltration, but not everyone can say that, so I don't expect option b to be quiet as I'd like."

She points to the feet (and hooves) of the other runners. "Heard you all coming from outside. That's fine, if you know it. Go in loud when you go in. Thoughts?"
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85

Listening to the conversation as he fiddles around with the simrigs, Insight shrugs. "Um, well, I won't be going in if I can help it, but we're being paid to do this quietly, aren't we?" He shrugs again, the world of breaking and entering quite new to him. "I'll, uh, be able to deal with whatever security they have that I can affect, though."

26. - Top - End - #86

BardGuy

"I think a stealthier access might be in order. If we can disable a security guard, I can assume their identity--get into the offices, provide a direct link to I'wath--and really open up our exfiltration options once on the inside." She offered.

"My magical disguise will fool minds and sensors. Including biometrics. Though I need access to a person with suitable clearance. Suffice it to say being magically disguised as a security guard should make that easy. Raven willing, piece of piss." She said more than a little confidently.
    Last edited by Schismatic; 2019-03-23 at 06:44 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87

"Damn Icarus. Even I have like a plate. Though to each their own I suppose." Blink quips with a low playful whistle as she hands out the food and grabs herself a beer. She doesn't bother with the chairs or couches and instead drops down onto the floor cross-legged by the table as she pulls the chopsticks off the side of the takeout carton. Popping it open to take a whiff of the food inside before she starts quickly plucking bite after bite with the cheap plastic chopsticks.For the most part the street samurai seems content to simply listen into the conversation though she arches a brow at Meira at the insinuation she can be anything, but quiet.

"I'm capable of going in quick and silent if need be. Though I think coordinating a physical and digital attack at the same time would be wiser. Maybe have Insight loop the camera feeds if he can get into their host and open up any electronic doors for us. Maybe even cause a distraction with an outside sensor opposite from where we are." Blink murmured as she took a sip of her beer.

28. - Top - End - #88

When Blink mentions him, Insight nods. "Uh, yeah, that shouldn't be a problem. Shouldn't be too tough a host to crack." Putting the simrigs to one side, be gestures over at them before continuing. "These should be fine for us to use, I think. I, guess we'll figure out how I should edit things later? Also, if there's nothing else, I'll get on all that research I need to do. Shouldn't be too long. Um, if you'd leave some food aside for me, that'll be nice, thanks, and message me if you need me to do or know anything." With that, unless someone interrupts him, he lies back down and switches to VR, bringing up the programs he needs and getting to work on searching.

29. - Top - End - #89

A little while later, Insight finishes his searching and comes back around to meatspace, getting up and eating some food before returning to his floor spot and starting to talk. "Okay, I've, uh, got some information so I guess I should talk through it. Occasionally pausing to double check his collected research, he starts explaining what he found, sending information here and there over comms that relate to what he's saying.

"So, Taxia first. There's not much new out there about them that you didn't find out already, but asides from a little about her, er, legs. They were paralysed after an accident when she was a kid left her in a coma and she's...refused to get them replaced for reasons I didn't see explained. Is that important to know? Insight shrugs. It didn't have any significance to him, but he was smart enough to know that he didn't know about a lot of things.

"Um, anyway, onto Shards Cybernetics Systems. That's a lot more important. Your friend was right, Icarus, they own the site and you were right, our employer works for them. I'll need to get into their host to get the serious information, like the plans. I, um, couldn't find anything on who does their security. Sorry."

Not leaving much time to linger on that, he continues. "On a less important note, I couldn't find anything about any shadowrunner trids, so there's no truth to that part. I know we knew that already, but, uh, I figured it was worth confirming. That's, um, it so far. Anything else I should try to find out about, or do I need to start hacking soon?"

30. - Top - End - #90

GreenSorcererElf

"That means they're expecting us. But I don't think they're well connected enough to get my file from the Tir. They won't know what I can do - not completely. I can fit in spaces most can't."

She joins hands and rolls her shoulders... all the way over, twisting her elbows at strange angles in the process.

"Everyone forgets to guard the vent no one can fit through. Doors open real easy from the inside. Might save us some trouble."
    Show