New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: Shadowrun 5e "Battling Unemployment"

"I worked with mages before. Never did that, though."

She finally takes a third sip of beer, and scratches her neck. It's an irritated, twitchy motion.

"I'm in. But uh, you all oughta know, I've got a real SIN. With the Tir. Dunno if their arms are long enough to get that info."
    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #122

"I think we should go in loud the first time. They're expecting us to play along and be non-lethal, but they're also assuming we're dumb shadowrunners and shadowrunners in corps mind are flashy and loud. We should play up to that and use their distraction to plant some tags on their camera's or bugs in their system then go in quick and quiet the second time so they never know who hit them." Blink suggested considering the group as a whole as she shrugged.

"But I'm new to this bizz so I'll default to the group as a whole."

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

"If I scrub the simrigs, they shouldn't be able to tell it's fake footage. The fact that we'll have completed our initial run means there's no real reason to suspect the footage is fake. Particularly if it subscribes to their version of events. The same guards that go down go down, the same package that gets stolen gets stolen. The difference is they won't be expecting us to be preparing for a second run in advance." She grinned at that.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Kent Morgan; Icarus
    Street Cred: 0 l Notoriety: 3 l Public Awareness: 0
    Physical Condition Monitor: 0/15 [0] l Stun Condition Monitor: 0/11 [0]

Morgan paced around his apartment, speaking in low tones on his comm. After some back and forth he disconnected, turned to the team, "Ok, spoke with Taxia, they wired a retainer to us, used that to purchase an amphibious insertion vector," he looked at Blink, "with an accompanying autosoft for you. Just don't spill us into the sound, I'd rather not try swimming to our target with 30 kilos of ballistic armored prosthetics pulling me to the basin." A slight curl of the lips, what could have been a smile.

"So we go in via the Sound, Rustik covers us in an illusion making us look like the open water. Blink guides us in, if there are physical guards, Insight takes the cameras, and I drop them with a non lethal burst or two. Hopefully Insight can loop a feed, and then we head in. Daithe, Rustik and I go in after the package, Blink, Insight and I'Wath find the server room for Insight to upload his surveil, and then we extract back the way we came."

Quote Originally Posted by OOC
    I hope we're ready because I feel like we've lost alot of momentum as is, at this point. Basic plan, incorporates everyone's ideas, once we're out, we do the Trid thing to the sim rigs, and hand off the package and the rigged simrigs. Hopefully get paid and then move on to phase two.

5. - Top - End - #125

The group having come up with a plan they can be satisfied with, allows them selves the brief moment of reprieve before the run itself the next night. The group having it's preparations mostly complete, they either hold up at Case de Icarus or they return to their own abodes. On the day of the run the day was slow going but uneventful. Nothing overtly out of the ordinary revealed itself other than news reports showing increase in gang activity, but that wasn't really new. There is always a chance to run in with a gang. With the day finally passing and night arriving, it comes time for the run. As night falls, everyone finds themselves traveling in their vehicles (or carpooling) Towards a dock just north of the warehouse. The drive is long and at night, the flickering street lights are a strange contrast to the annoying bright neon lights that cover the entirety of the city at night.

As the group pulls up to the parking lot just outside of the dock that Icarus' contact informed him that the boat would be. Upon arriving there were a few things of note. There was no activity of anyone else save for the four orcs sitting around and leaning against the hood of a truck. The truck has tinted windows and are difficult to see into. All of the orcs are wearing old sports jerseys and a jacket. They look over at the groups vehicle/s as they pull up into the parking lot and at first they simply sit and watch the group with mean looking mugs.

"Meat. Meet Murder Bear the Destroyer.

-Murder Bear the Destroyer"

6. - Top - End - #126

GreenSorcererElf

I'wath opts for her own place, mostly to pick up her gear. When it's time to go, she's in her chameleon suit. She's got a bag with her backup clothes - her armored AR clothing and a pretty nice Berwick dress that really doesn't suit the gutter trash appearance she usually tries to give herself. Hey, you never know what you need on a run. Armed to the teeth, prepared to crack just about any lock wide open, and tucking a hit of kamikaze, she glances through the window at the orcs before activating the ruthenium polymer.

"They obviously know we're here. If you all open the door and play the part of stupid tourists, I can circle around behind them without being noticed, just in case."
    Show

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Kent Morgan; Icarus

Morgan had bribed a parking attendant to allow them to park in close proximity to the wharf, without having the sedan conspicuously waiting for their, suspected, rapid departure. As he was on foot with a soldier's duffel bad, the approach was slightly more obvious than he desired when he first spied the Ork crew waiting by the large tinted truck. He could only imagine that these were Aithne's contact, the ones supplying them with the used amphibious outrig boat, however, he still exercised caution as he approached them.

Standing 6'2" he wasn't short, by any means, but the Orks were as tall, at least, and almost half again as wide at the shoulders, plus their numbers would add to their bravado. His larger armaments were in the duffel, but the Ares Crusader was securely resting in it's holster under his right arm, once he was within ten feet, he placed the duffel on the ground, and nodded towards the Sports Orks. "Boys," Morgan spoke respectfully, however there was a cold, tightness to his voice. "We've got business going down. Private. Business. Understand?" He paused, held his hands wide, "We don't want to disrespect your territory, but my priority has to be my biz, yea? And nobody here wants a visit by KE, am I right? We're just passing through, and you didn't see anything, ya?" He held up a slim grey cred stick, "500, that's 100 each and enough for a few cases of Hurlg, we got an accord, chummer?"
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2019-04-14 at 08:59 AM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Firbolg in the Playground

Still not quite used to regularly interacting with gangers, Insight hangs back a little, distracting himself with AR displays as he takes a look at the orks from a Matrix perspective. He didn't know if they were trouble yet, so he held off on the marks, but he wanted to know what he was dealing with.

Spoiler
    Show

Matrix Perception: (10d6)[6][6][4][1][4][5][1][5][3][2](37)

So that's four hits, so four questions. The first is simply just whether there are any icons running silent in the vicinity (unfortunately, if there is finding the things takes another action). As for the other three...I haven't got much in particular in mond, so lets just find out the Firewall rating of three of the orcs' links. Any icons that aren't running silent within 100m are also visible to Insight.
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2019-04-13 at 11:15 AM.

9. - Top - End - #129

Blink slipped from the car, a splash of white of grungy black pavement and against an equally dark car as she stands. her hooves tapping lightly on the road as she leaves Icarus to do the talking and settles for a slow stretch er shirt riding up just a hitch to show the lean muscles of her stomach before she settles down rolling her shoulders. Her tail uncruling behind her to sway lightly like a flag in the breeze as she settles her hands loosely in her jacket pockets. Her fingers curled unseen on the knives hidden within as she flashes the group of orks a flirty smile with a bit too much teeth.

"Don't mind us," She quips voice a low lulling murmur.

10. - Top - End - #130

GreenSorcererElf

I'wath slips out behind Blink and circles around the gangers. One hand on the monofilament whip, just in case. As long as everyone plays nice, no one gets a nasty surprise.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #131

The sourly looking group of orcs turn towards the group as they approach them. One of the orc taps moderately on the hood of the truck with his flat hand. The other orcs are silent and the air looks tense as movement could be barely seen through the tinted windows of the truck. Then things simmered down and before the orcs even began to speak they shut up, their eyes lowering slowly towards the silver cred stick. Despite the words of Icarus practically falling of deaf ears, Daithe stepped up and grabbed the cred stick from Icarus, slowly walking with a type of swagger that wouldn't be expected from someone as dainty as Daithe.

She wallked up to the orc and the orc seemed to freeze as she leaned in and whispered something. The eyes of the orc glazing over for a moment before she pushes the cred stick into his hand before backing up away from the orc who stood there. Then he looked at Icarus and then reluctantly nodded and turned towards the other orcs and waved them to the truck. The Orc then got into the truck and puled back slowly, before pulling out and driving down a few blocks before parking and getting back out for new grounds to target and victims to find. This leaves the group in an empty parking lot, allowing the group to continue to the warf and to the contact waiting at the boat.

12. - Top - End - #132

"Huh...well that went better then expected." Blink quips blinking at the departing orks for a moment as she watches their Face work before shrugging. Content if a little disappointed at the outcome as she dips to stick her head back in the car.

"Hey Insight you can come out now. They're gone. Coast is all clear." She assured the Decker with a smile and nods towards the now empty parking lot cheerfully.

13. - Top - End - #133

Nodding, Insight gets out and pauses to nervously look around the area before looking at Icarus. "So, uh, you said I'm coming with you, didn't you? I'll, um, do what I can but I'm not as good at the meat stuff. I can still do everything I need to on the Matrix, though, it'll just be slower."

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

Kent Morgan; Icarus

Morgan seemed to visibly relax as he saw Ainthe, he walked towards the tall cybered elf, clasped her hand and pulled her into a brief, but sincere hug. "Good to see you Tam." He released the embrace, nodded towards the boat, "It's been," he stopped, seem to check himself, regain his composure. "The boat will help with our work, you got the transfer?" He paused, "There's some Ork boys up top, should be moved off a block or so now, but still."

15. - Top - End - #135

As the group enters the warf there are a collection of secured boats and standing among one of the boats that looks suspiciously like it would be used for a night op, was a woman. The woman having identified herself as Ainthe returns the gesture and nods at Icarus's inquiry. She didn't speak very much, she simply looked on alert and gave short curt nods and a series of nods when Icarus asked about the transfer. She hands Icarus the keys to the boat and smiles at the group.

"Good luck."

With that she turns and quickly makes her way out of the warf into the parking lot where she disappears out of view. Leaving the group in the silence of night in the middle of the warf. Surprisingly, it was deathly silent save for the waves lightly crashing against many of the small boats or the dock itself. The boat looked like it would hold the group. The engine of the boat jutting out the back, the engine itself looks rather old. Older than the boat is but it all looks like it will work.

Spoiler
    Show
    But you know... At night. That's just what the boat looks like too. The boat isn;t docked on some dirt. :P

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

Kent Morgan; Icarus

He nodded to Athine as she departed, he appreciated her assistance, but he didn't like her here, it brought up too many emotions, too many conflicting emotions, and he had a job to do. He looked down at the hard petrol-plastic shell in his hand, slipped to him casually by Athine before she departed. He turned, presented it to Blink, "Here you go, Actisoft for an aquatic insertion, your job to get us there." Nodded towards Rustik, "Your job to make sure we're unobserved," he continued, "I'Wath makes sure we can get in, Insight's job to overwath, Daithe's job to make sure it goes smooth, and my job," he began buckling his jacket closed, providing maximum coverage to his meat torso, "to make sure we get back out."

He ran through his utility kit like a checklist, Jazz loaded into his inhaler, Crusader under his jacket for back up, live rounds. HVAR loaded with a clip of stick & shock for long range, spare clips with standard, slung over his right shoulder, the Praetor over his left, he carried the Ingram with it's built in sound suppression in hand, in the event he needed to take out security at the target's loading dock. He turned towards Insight, "Insight, can you feed everyone's biomonitor to my Comm, I can keep them open and I'll know if the secondary team is in trouble." Without waiting for an answer he stepped into the boat, slowly at first until he found the rhythm of the water, took a position at the bow of the boat, kneeled for stability and looked out over the water.
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2019-04-26 at 10:21 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137

GreenSorcererElf

I'wath makes her approach, still cloaked, behind the group at a distance of ten paces as they go to the boat. She takes a deep breath and holds it, then closes her eyes and listens. Slipping behind Icarus, she lowers her voice, hoping he doesn't startle easy and blow her away.

"All clear."
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138

Blink takes the chip with barely trembling fingers, shifting her long mane of hair to carefully slot it into place before flexing her hands. Her muscles buzzing with that sort of latent energy she'd always come to associate with a new chip as she hopped deftly into the boat. Prowling over to the engine to inspect it briefly before letting her instinct take over as she settled into the proper seat to man the thing.

"I won't be able to do any fancy maneuvers, but I believe I can handle getting us there." The Street Sam assures him eyes already darting over the black water in front of them and back up to their fearless leader with a fanged smile.

"I hope no one gets seasick easy though."
    She joked with a soft chuckle waiting for the others to hop in.

19. - Top - End - #139

BardGuy

She'd hopped into the boat. Easy as pie. I mean she was simply happy they're finally getting to the fun stuff.

"I'll keep a lookout for security as we make our approach, implement retroactive security measures on assessment." She pulled the balaclava down her face and tucked it into her shirt collar and rechecking her tie.
    Last edited by Schismatic; 2019-04-22 at 07:38 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140

Daithe

The Dryad having waited for the entire group to board the boat before she jumped on it herself. Naturally like everything she did, she was able to do it in an inhuman grace and with near effortless ease concerning balance on the unstable aquatic surface. She sat down and began to smile brightly, and then she sighed a deep breath of relief. Color began to fully return to her face, it was hard to notice the subtle changes until the instance she went on the boat, away from the toxicity of the city. She seemed to simply brighten being on the water, it was not her native land, but it was still far more pure than the putrid nature of the concrete jungle. She had been feeling sick due to her extended stay in this city. She needs to finish this job quick and return to her grove. This brief bit of respite on the water was a godsend against the contaminates that Daithe must always subject herself to. She knew that it would be short lived and it wasn't as invigorating as her true nature. As the boat starts up, the group is safely and secured within the boat. Blink pulls the boat out and takes a wider turn out into the water more so as to not raise attention for a boat drifting so close to the land.

Mission

The warehouse is seen in the distance, there are tall street lights placed throughout the fenced in compound that shine lights all throughout the compound. It looked almost like a loosely guarded prison. To right side of the compound was the target building. The group is approaching the back of the compound, To the left are the lights and much of the staged equipment and other vehicles and tools. It looks like a chaotic but tranquilly still scene. the compound looks as if there should be massive hustle and bustle working on the staged equipment, but the darkness of night is the cover now. The hustle and bustle has long passed but they left everything staged still.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Kent Morgan; Icarus

Morgan crouched at the bow of the boat, compensating for the chop with a slow up and down roll, sighting along the barrel of his rifle, his eyes compensating for the glare of the lights on the ocean sprayed concrete wharf. He spoke quietly as the approached the wharf, confident in Rustik's ability to keep them concealed, keep their security looking at an open stretch of water.

"Three hostiles confirmed; one sticking close to the perimeter of the stored equipment, another in a standard linear path between the front gate and the wharf entrance, however, he isn't paying much attention looking out towards the water. The final in a static position at the front warehouse entrance." He turned to I'Wath, "As the boat pulls in you disembark, ensure that the equipment is between # 1 and you, when #2 comes Wharf side, you hit him, I drop a sti\ck 'n shock into him, and Blink catches him before he hits the water." He looked towards Insight, "You on their feed yet Insight?"

22. - Top - End - #142

BardGuy

She kept up the visual illusion of an empty dock, the sounds of the lapping waves, the façade that masked that encroachment. The problem was, precisely, was that it was keeping most of her attention. Nevertheless it seemed like it was working, and that was at least a fortuitous sign. As she created a corridor wide enough to shield their insertion point preparing for infiltration.

23. - Top - End - #143

Looking up from his AR displays, Insight nods. He disliked working in AR, generally, but apparently that was just one of those things he'd have to deal with in this line of work. "Oh, uh, yes. Little slower because of the circumstances, but I have access to the feeds and building plans. I can give you an AR feed of the relevant information, of you want."

24. - Top - End - #144

GreenSorcererElf

"Got it. On the move. Going to be dark on comms."

I'wath slips off the boat on Icarus's orders and moves over toward the equipment, checking on the guard's line of sight before crouching into position. She takes a deep breath and holds it, then closes her eyes, letting her ears do the work. Everything is exceptionally clear today. Her hand moves to the kamikaze in her pocket, but quickly withdraws.

The hiss will be noisy. Should have done this on the boat. But then your team will know you're a goddamn junkie, right Meira? How long you gonna keep up the act, anyway? You gonna wait until you're a liability because you can't shoot straight from all the shaking?

The hiss will be fine. They're not close enough yet.

She takes the hit straight to the head. It's go time.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Stealth:
    [20]
    2 hits (2, 3, 1, 5, 1, 3, 4, 4, 3, 1, 3, 3, 3, 1, 2, 4, 5, 4, 1, 1)
    rerolls 18 dice for 4 total hits (1, 1, 1, 1, 5, 1, 3, 2, 1, 4, 2, 4, 1, 3, 4, 1, 3, 6)

Hearing perception while crouched.
    [12]
    6 hits (5, 6, 2, 6, 6, 1, 4, 5, 4, 1, 6, 1)

Kamikaze duration roll
    [1]
    (2)
    20 minutes.
    Last edited by fibericon; 2019-05-02 at 04:24 AM.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

Kent Morgan; Icarus

"Give me the layout, ping the guard's locations as they move," he whispered as the boat pulled up to the loading wharf's piles, Plas-crete and steel with covered with a thin layer of algae from the sound, slippery as hell, thankfully there were dock cleats. He pulled a spool of microwire from the duffel, looped it over the cleat above their heads, tied it off and watched as I'wath ascended the line like some sort of ghost. The map splayed out in his field of vision, he moved it off the side and watched as I'wath's location circled around behind cover, he waited until the nearest guard was at the furthest point of his ascent and scaled the rope, his myo-epectric muscles easily compensating for his weight.

As he slipped over the edge of the dock, he crouched low and moved to cover, letting him flank the incoming patrol while he waited on the elven woman to make her move. The Ingram was drawn, and held steady beside his body, it's sound supressor firmly in place, in the event the guard didn't go down to I'wath's initial ambush.

OOC: Sneaking [Urban] check via Discord @Zero Prime: 4 hits (2, 2, 1, 2, 6, 5, 5, 1, 5, 4, 1). Followed by Visual Perception. @Zero Prime: 4 hits (3, 2, 4, 6, 3, 4, 2, 5, 2, 5, 4, 5). 3 hits for hearing if required (removed last two dice re: Visual Spec).
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2019-05-02 at 05:22 AM.

26. - Top - End - #146

Blink grasped the line scrambling up it quietly as she slunk low. Huddling into one of the shadows that she thought would provide her the best cover. He pale hair and skin oddly melding well with the small patches of moonlight where she'd had to dart from shadow to shadow. Finally huddling down as she glanced around for the guards as she readied her Gemini. Double checking she had the stick-and-shock loaded and ready.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

Rolled on Discord @Shimmer: 6 hits (5, 6, 2, 6, 5, 1, 6, 4, 1, 6) for Stealth.
    Rolled on Discord @Shimmer: 3 hits (4, 2, 2, 2, 4, 5, 5, 6, 3, 4) for Perception
    Readying weapon.
    Last edited by Shimmer; 2019-05-08 at 12:20 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147

Things were going so smoothly, almost delightfully so. As the run begins, nearly everyone can feel the jitters, as if they were being watched. With the SimRigs, that may just be the case, or maybe it was just the nerves of finally being on mission. Any cursory glances around the area reveal nothing that could have been watching them. As far as the group knew, no one knew they were there. The guards were none the wiser. The 1st and 2nd guard were easily spottable. The guard hiding among the loaded equipment was slightly harder to spot. The third guard is the easiest to spot but he is not is the group's line of sight right now. The group can just see the other two guards talking to a guard at the front door and those listening can hear the third guard at the door.

I'wath is able to jump up effortlessly and quickly make their way to the gate and take their shot of Kamikaze, there was no one nearby enough to hear it. You are able to reach the back gate of the fenced in compound and are presented with the first bit of security. it was a simple locked gate, one that would require to be manually or auto picked. But it must be picked by something. Icarus is able to jump on up as well and Daithe practically jump vaults up to the top of the dock with a shocking grace that reveals it to be her, despite her swinging on her black designer cloak with a nice thermal damping upgrade to it. The cloak actually covers her entire body in what was once a glowing aura of a dryad that was nearly impossible to miss was simply a nearly imperceptible glow under the cloak.

She practically glides across the dock making almost no sound as she runs up to catch up with the infiltration team. She already pulls out her lock-picking kit and begins to work on the gate. It was quick and fast and before the others even got to the gate, Daithe had already popped the gate open and slipped inside to the compound behind some staged equipment. She stopped and waited for the rest of the infiltration team. When the last person slips in, she will re-close the gate and potion the lock to look as if it was closed, to lessen any chances that any patrolling guard can spot the discrepancy in their security.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

Kent Morgan; Icarus

Morgan nodded at Daithe as she deftly unlocked the perimeter fence that surrounded the compound, he moved quietly through the gap, taking cover behind a series of stacked crates awaiting pick up and delivery. He watched the guards carefully, even as the AR map feed from Insight illuminated their exact position and facing, he waved the rest of the team in. He was very conscious of the fact the team was on it's own recognicence now, as Rustik's illusory mask would no longer be able to be sustained due to their proximity to the guards themselves.

His Ingram was out, held close to his body so the suppressor was still concealed from cursory inspection, he looked to I'wath, his hand signals letting her know he had eyes on the roving patrol and inquiring as to whether she had a clear shot when he returned to the rear section of the loading dock overlooking the wharf.

29. - Top - End - #149

GreenSorcererElf

Icarus signals her, and she glances around the corner. I'wath ducks back into hiding, rocking back and forth impatiently.

heswalkingtooslowheswalkingtooslowheswalkingtooslo wheswalkingtooslowheswalkingtoo-GOTCHA

The rifle comes up, and she tags the guard square in the chest. It's a good thing someone replaced her ammo with stick-n-shock. She ducks back in, glancing around the other side of her equipment hideout to try to pick out her next target.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    4 hits (1, 6, 4, 2, 1, 2, 2, 6, 1, 1, 2, 6, 6)

4 hits, normal weapon damage is 12P. Stick n shock drops that to 10S, but gives it -5 AP. The extra hits roll over into damage, making the end result 14S, -5AP
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Kent Morgan; Icarus

Morgan watched with a touch of apprehension while I'wath drew a bead on the patrolman with the Cavalier. He recognized the dilation in her eyes, and the slight tremors that seemed to be afflicting her. He was familiar with combat enhancements, hell, he had an inhaler full of them himself, it became a larger issue when you infiltration expert, the one you relied on to keep calm and find you both entry and exit points became ... He shook his head, he needed to trust the crew, trust that they had it under control. He wasn't here to judge, he was here to do a job, and do it well.

As she squeezed a round into the guard, Morgan's SHiawase Daimyo legs propelled him forward, to catch the man's slumping body. Easily able to shoulder the weight, he slipped back behind cover, quietly easing his burden to the worn concrete ground. Morgan produced a pair of zip ties, and restrained the man, ankles bound, hands bound, and the two bound together, hog tied, and denied significant leverage, a strip of duck tape over his mouth and it was done.

He turned back to I'wath, keeping a close eye on his AR HUD and the guards locations, "Blink, Rustik & Daithe will secure the package," he paused, looked to his team, "I'Wath, Insight and I will hit the security feeds and plant his bootstrap, on three?"