The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: TW: Imperium IC

1. - Top - End - #361
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: TW: Imperium IC

The House of Laramy
    Oaths of Fealty
    Let it be known, We, Queen Persephone the Second, grant the title of Duchess of Rosemerrow to Mira of Tatarus. Let her House be founded and known forever more as heirs to the Cluster of Rosemerrow. We welcome the Duchess Rosemerrow's loyalty and accept her fealty.

---

Let it be known, We, Queen Persephone the Second, grant the title of Duke of Hollowhaven to Mallach of the House of Steel. Let his House be founded and known forever more as heirs to the Cluster of Hollowhaven. We welcome the Duke Hollowhaven's loyalty and accept his fealty.

---

Let it be known, We, Queen Persephone the Second, graciously accept the offered vassalage of the House de Pantou. In response to the Duke Zaqaru's war We accept it as right and lawful given the circumstances, and the fact that he could not have know that the Countess de Pantou was in discussions with House Laramy at the time. As such We graciously offer the House Zaqaru the chance to withdraw their war declaration lest We need come to the defense of our subjects.

The Zaqaru Dynasty
    Spoiler: House Laramy [Enigma: 10]
    Show
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru,

I haven't forgotten how you pulled House Voss away from me. It is only fitting that I offer you a similar outcome.

Her Majesty Queen Persephone Laramy
    Lady of the Silent Shores

Spoiler: House Sansone [Enigma: 5]
    Show
    Duke Zaqaru,

The preliminary talks can be carried out via courier and once we are closer to a final agreement we can meet in person to sign. I suggest Gade again.

Duke Stefano Sansone

Other
    Spoiler: House Lacross to House Sansone [Enigma: 5]
    Show
    "Of course. My daughter has been wishing to meet again with young Leonardo. Why don't we send them to discuss terms."

Spoiler: House Laramy to House Prycastle [Enigma: 10]
    Show
    We expect to have need of your services. We will not make this an order, but we wish to make use of your preffered rate of [1 Trade for 1 Fleet].

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Duke Nabuna Zaqaru
    I disagree and disapprove of the vassalage of House de Pantou to House Laramy. Nobles in the Akkadu sector have no right or duty to be vassals to those outside the Akkadu sector, barring the Emperor. Such a vassalage is unjust and unrightful.

I strongly object, but find myself unable to push the issue at this time considering the oppressive might of House Laramy. Zaqaru withdraws their war declaration against House de Pantou.
    Enigma 7

Spoiler: House de Pantou
    Show
    Zaqaru wil not forget.

Spoiler: House Laramy
    Show
    Your Majesty Queen Persephone Laramy,

House Voss was already away from you. I merely gave the rightful support to assist a noble of Akkadu to stay away.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru

Spoiler: House Sansone
    Show
    Dear Duke Stephano Sansone,

I am listening.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru

Spoiler: House Lacross
    Show
    Dear Duke Menard Lacross,

Congratulations on your marriage to my sister Eshkit. It is my sincere hope the two of you will have a marvelous marriage together and I give you my blessing for this union, forging a closer bond between our families.

It is my understanding both yourself and Eshkit have a scientific background. Given recent events, my interest in research and science has been damaged. Therefore I have decided to grant House Lacross a luxurious [10 Trade] as dowry for the marriage. May you both use it well.

I humbly suggest you invest a part of it in the proliferation of science given the dedication of the two of you in the subject. Perhaps together you may repair my interest in the sciences in the future.

Given this rich dowry, I hope you will consider an alliance with Zaqaru, as I wish to see this bond strong and durable.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru

Zaqaru expects allies to accept call to arms to join a war and will in turn be expected to accept any call to arms from their allies. Should the call to arms not be honoured, the alliance is broken and the ruler will be considered an Alliance Breaker, resulting in a relation penalty by Zaqaru. Zaqaru does not make alliances with Alliance Breakers.

Allies may also offer to join their ally’s war, even if not called to arms. Allies cannot call allies into an offensive war in which a ruler has a non-aggression pact with the defender.

Spoiler: Excagon Family, House Arnos, House Gilkara
    Show
    Seeing Duke Torbin Gilkara not speak, Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru takes up the word with heavy word. “My sincere and deep apologies to each and every one of you. I have overestimated the opportunity I saw. I hope you do not mind me taking initiative nonetheless, for I sought to aid each of you and the Imperium. Should you do mind, I will return home with shame and regret. Should there be anything you wish to discuss with me, you can always contact me, but for now I will take my leave.” Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru handles the finishing etiquette of departure and leave, showing respect to the Dukes from his position of Earl. It is with heavy heart he leaves the meeting room.

Spoiler: House Greenflame
    Show
    Dear Duke Greenflame,

Your silence tells me enough. I will not bother you anymore.

Yours sincerely,
    Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru

Spoiler: Rumor
    Show
    From the courts of Duke Nabuna Zaqaru the rumour arrives that recent events with House Laramy and House de Pantou and the setback suffered have changed his behaviour, perhaps even his personality. There is little sign of humility anymore, but attacks of anger hint at a more wrathful attitude.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-18 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Other image host.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Troll in the Playground

Zaqaru Dynasty
    Spoiler: House Laramy [Enigma: 10]
    Show
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru,

I know your houses has designs on the throne of Akkadu, and that is fit and just. I would not normally interfere. However your emissary also insulted me by interfering with the functioning of the Hallow conference. You did not stop my plans there, but you did hinder them.

As I intend to become Empress I will need one day come for Akkadu. I will accept your fealty as monarch of Akkadu, but let the House de Pantou also serve as a reminder that I will lay claim to each cluster individually if I must.

Queen Persephone Laramy
    Lady of the Silent Shores

Spoiler: House Sansone [Enigma: 5]
    Show
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru,

To start I propose we deepen relations beyond mere nonagression. A trade pact could lead to allegations of inbalance between one side or the other, so I propose a research agreement. Let us each work together on something our Houses are unfamiliar with. In that way both our Houses will benefit to an equal extent.

Duke Stephano Sansone

Spoiler: House Lacross [Enigma: 5]
    Show
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru,

My sincere thanks for such a magnificent dowry. Truly I had not expected such and it deepens the bonds between our Houses as well as the joy in my heart. I would welcome an alliance with House Zaqaru.

However I must be straightforward with you. I am getting older and have had more than my share of glory. I am only organizing the Birqu cluster for my daughter Jeanette. In ten to fifteen years I plan to abdicate and turn the duchy over to her. I know your treaties are based on marriage so you would need to renegotiate such a treaty with her at that time. Though I hope the intervening years would prove Zaqaru to be a strong ally for our House.

Sincerely,
    Duke Menard Lacross

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Spoiler: House Laramy
    Show
    Your Majesty Queen Persephone Laramy,

I know of no intervention or hindrance my diplomat has caused at the Grand Conference of Hallow. To my knowledge, Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru was a shining example of etiquette. State your grievances or let your accusations be baseless.

Whoever becomes a worthy Emperor will find a Zaqaru King to be loyal and swift to declare allegiance should there be no injustices such as which you have caused.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru

Spoiler: House Sansone
    Show
    Dear Duke Stephano Sansone,

The proposal you bring forth certainly has merit. However, you catch me at a bad time considering the subject of science, as my interest in that subject has been damaged. As I do not wish that to be an impediment to these negotiations I propose you or your science advisor send a proposition to Grand Scientist Caksya Gupta to judge and advise me on.

Another subject which you spoke earlier holds some measure of my interest. The Howling Vortex is a matter I would have liked to bring up again, possibly even investigate, but I have found myself preoccupied these last years. Should I find myself less preoccupied in the time to come, please state whether you deem cooperation on this subject a suitable base to deepen relations on.

I must bring up at this point that I saw not a single Sansone at the Zaqaru Ball. Should you truly wish to create a lasting non-aggression treaty, I would have found one of your family members present. As I did not, what should I make of your current offer?

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru

Show

I understand your position. Given your age, an alliance will last between our Houses for years after your abdication, as you would remain a close relative to the current ruler of House Lacross. In that time, there will be the opportunity to renegotiate, which I acknowledge and confirm. I do not see that as a hindrance to a current alliance and welcome such a warm bond between our families. Let us make the best of the years to come together.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru

5. - Top - End - #365
    Troll in the Playground

Turn 6 Prologue

Vespids Mutate, All Hope Lost
    A Vespid Hive is a dark thing of chitin and crystal. The organic paneling absorbs the energy of a star to fuel the production of hundred meter long swarmers. Each swarmer in turn is a beast almost immune to energy fire and light artillery, with titanium mandibles that can shear through naval armor, and all grown around a gravitic singularity that makes it as nimble as any dog fighter. Vespid Hives can easily house thousands of such swarmers.

Vespid Hives can be found in numerous systems in the void beyond the Imperium. Migratory queens travel for eons between the stars in hibernation and quickly establish new hives whenever they reach a suitable system, which effectively is any system with a bright star and an asteroid belt. A lone small Hive is not a major threat. A minor noble house can usually deal with them. However Vespids have an uncanny ability to adapt and utilize everything available to them. Which often means that a system actually worth colonizing will have far more than a small hive. Large colonies may have millions of swarmers. Exceptionally rich systems might even have multiple hives. And rumor has it that if Vespids swarm a system with exotic properties they can mutate into even more terrible forms.

All that said Vespids themselves are extremely valuable. Their chitin can be easily reprocessed into useful minerals, their hives mined for valuable compounds, and if a swarmer is disabled in just the right way they are one of the few sources of gravitic singularities the Imperium has ready access to. "Like farming Vespids" is a well known phrase for a high risk high reward operation, and the would be farmer can always be confident that whatever else happens they can retreat through the warp gate and leave the agitated swarm behind completely.

Until now.

Reports are streaming in from the Liness sector that a Vespid swarm of legendary proportions is pouring through the warp gates into the territory of House Ytterbus. it contains hundreds of battleship sized queens, millions of swarmers, and never before seen strains of all sizes ranging from some even smaller than a regular swarmer up to leviathans the size of dreadnoughts. They even seem to be altering the warp gates as they move through, growing hives on them and giving off strange energy emissions. Though no scientists have been able to get close enough to determine what exactly is going on.

A combined force of House Ytterbus, House Jinks, House Kelse, and House Gilkara has managed to hold the swarm at the Malverd system [10,12] with the Ytterbus and Jinks mustering their assets to build a massive fortification on top of the warp gate while the combined fleet held off the swarm. But reports released by House Ytterbus are that this is only the periphery of the swarm. The main host still lies beyond Imperial space growing more hives in the systems there.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2019-08-17 at 04:07 AM.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Strawman, Communication cruiser for The Great Filter
    The alarms blare. Red lights flash in the hallway as Dex runs to the communication room. He burst through the door to the angry glare of Com Commander Albert. "Get to your station!"

Dex slams into the chair and pulls his helmet over his head. His fingers stretch out and find the controls to let the information flow to the screen over his eyes. There are a number of ships barreling towards them with codes ranging from House Kelse capital ships to isolated Ytterbus transporters. The first task is to silence the distress beacons of the incoming ragtag fleet. The desperate pleas and echoing messages stream into the com relays and flood the screen with too much data. It's impossible to make out individual messages, but every once in a while enough words line up through the messages to come through.

The multitude of voices flood his headset, but Dex manages to align and record what passes as a sentence. The voices on the coms scream a haunting rage filled plea that combines to create an otherworldly voice. "We...coming... destroy… kill… all! No...hope!"

Dex turns to Albert. "There's not much available for us to decipher and there's too much information coming through to send anything. What do you recommend?"

Albert runs over to the screen, "What do you mean we can't send coms?" He looks over the information quietly. "Use direct laser communication. Target Navy ships first, have them communicate to their own house ships. Cut off all other communication.

"Sir! Without codes laser transmissions can communicate directly with ship AI. We'll be vulnerable to sabotage from the other houses."

Albert turns away from Dex. "I understand your concerns officer. Listen to me everyone! Right now we are trying to save refugees of a mass alien invasion. We will do so at the cost to our own lives, be it by whatever this is, or other houses betraying us. It does not matter. We are here to protect the Empire!"

Spoiler: Mertens: Enigma 5
    Show
    "With the inevitable threat to the whole Imperium here and reaching its tendrils of death towards us, we must ask for forgiveness or extension on our loan. We understand how disruptive this may be, but we very much find the protection of the Empire a very heavy burden."

Spoiler: Exile's Consortium: Enigma 5
    Show
    "With the inevitable threat to the whole Imperium here and reaching its tendrils of death towards us, we must ask for forgiveness or extension on our loan. We understand how disruptive this may be, but we very much find the protection of the Empire a very heavy burden."

Belbryn's Notes
    Exoskeleton
    The exoskeleton of these armored creatures is amazing! They use it to burrow through ships and it protects from most fighter weapons. Bombs seem to damage the insides through concussions, though the outside armor remains completely intact. Thus we have not received samples of innards that are undamaged. Perhaps Anoa would be so kind as to catch one of these creatures? Ha, she would tell me how careless I am.

We are currently conducting tests to see how this armor reacts with different elements. There are odd properties that I hope we can exploit. If I can get Aburnar to back me up, our funding could be exponential. Maybe other houses can be convinced to help this endeavor.

Perhaps I can get a research center at the Bastion and see these things in action. What a delightful and exciting time this is for us!
    Last edited by LimSindull; 2019-08-17 at 10:00 PM.
    "I'll get a cool quote, just you wait."
    Here is the backdrop to the first Campaign in my Titan Blood World.
    Bastilonis

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Duke
    Nabuna Zaqaru

Duchess
    Saundri Arnos

Children

Sinma Zaqaru
    Ilith Zaqaru

Zaqaru Council

Spoiler: Council
    Show

Grand Diplomat Ninu Zaqaru
    Robot Unicorn Princess
    Earl of Mithurtu
    Winner of the Tattooine Run

Grand Admiral Elos Roshami
    Earl

Grand Agent Nebtate Memphem
    Earl

Grand Scientist Caksya Gupta
    Earl

Grand Administrator Yaadus Emit
    Earl

Earl Ayallal Attar abdicates due to maximum age, resigning as Grand Agent.
    Earl Nebtate Memphem is appointed as Grand Agent.

Spoiler: Notable Diplomat
    Show

Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru
    Earl

Son of Saba Zaqaru, who participated in the Sashaw Wheel Track race.

Zaqaru Inheritance

The Zaqaru Dynasty has several inheritance laws in place for its Duke title. They can be abbreviated as follows:

• The Council, consisting of five noble positions, votes on candidates, with the candidate obtaining the most votes being the heir to the title of Duke. Should there be a tie, the last will of the former Duke is decisive.
    • The Duke will abdicate the title to their heir between the age of 80 and 84, at the passing of a year divisible by 5.
    • Valid candidates are the children and siblings of the current holder. Should any candidate have died or be ineligible due to age, their children become valid candidates, unless they are dead or ineligible due to age, where their children become valid candidates, and so on.

In general, Zaqaru earl and count vassals also abdicate their titles between the age of 80 and 84, at the passing of a year divisible by 5.

Candidates

• Sinma, son
    • Ilith, daughter
    • Nocri, older sister, married, has children
    • Abus, older brother, married, has children
    • Eshkit, older sister, not married, has no children
    • Puabi, younger sister, married, has no children

Duke Nabuna Zaqaru stands to abdicate in 20 Years.
    OOC: The start of Turn 10.

The votes of the Council on the candidates is currently not public information. Often, in the decade before the Duke stands to abdicate, the votes become public through various channels. The Council members do have an opinion and vote currently, which they may, or may not, be willing to share to those who ask.

Please note that Council members may change their opinion based on new arguments or external influence. In addition, Council members themselves will change over time, and new Council members may hold different opinions.

Public information regarding the candidates is not actively shared at current, though there are old records (read: old posts) on several of them. Those wishing more information about candidates are free to ask for more and may, or may not, get useful information.

Referencing Robot Unicorn Attack: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robot_Unicorn_Attack
    Game link: https://unicorn.jocke.no/
    Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC_Y4zOUdcI
    Female: https://www.zerochan.net/151384
    Unicorn racing: https://www.deviantart.com/gokulover...tamp-157908421
    Robot Unicorn: https://www.redbubble.com/people/spe...-robot-unicorn
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-18 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Other image host.

8. - Top - End - #368

The Exiles' Consortium

Somewhere in Consortium space...

The Outsider stands impassively, face and figure inscrutable through their mask and attire. They observed, maps, recordings, photos, files, and more, all information covering this new Vespid threat. A number of cohorts surround the Outsider, all yapping on about what the Consortium should do, how best to exploit this new situation, what sort of deals could be cut, and many more topics of discourse.

And still, the Outsider simply goes through the information before them. Flipping through a number if images, they stop, beholding what appears to be a vapid containment unit for a gravitic singulatity. With a swipe, it appears on the large display unit in the meeting room.

The Outsider holds up a single hand, and the room falls silent almost instantly. "I want these." they say simply, waving a hand to the display. There is a brief pause, and the Outsider exits the meeting, leaving the others behind. No sooner does the automated door shut than the advisors and cohorts erupt back into conversation, although now it has a clear and central focus: the gravitic singularities.

Enigma 5

Spoiler: House Gilkara
    Show
    While there is no hard time limit to your debt, I do expect an earnest effort to repay it. Keep in mind, as per the terms of our arrangement, that your debt increases at the rate of [1 Trade per turn]. Surely, you can spare a even measly [1 or 2 Trade]? If not, I am amiable towards alternative forms of debt repayment, as you well know.
    -O
    Many thanks to Derjuin for my awesome alhoon avatar!

9. - Top - End - #369

PaladinGuy

House Greenflame

The Sphinx of Samarkand drifted in orbit of Magnus XI, part of the Tour Quirol. Arda and his wife, Hanna Saquar, stood behind the Audience Throne, watching the footage of gargantuan Vespids swarming through the gates of Liness. The high back of the chair hid all but Farid’s hand, tapping with agitation on the jeweled armrests, and Arda found himself wondering just how much Farid had known of this. Twenty years of hard grinding to expand the Haytham, build the Sashaw Fleet, not to mention driving Belephron Military Academy to build new and better designs year after year, all while only once going to war.

“Farid-”

“Yes Arda, you will be taking the fleet if Yterrbus and their allies will have it. This is not the direction we were expecting…”

Arda took a moment to consider his cousins word. Farid could be cryptic, and occasionally spent long hours in the Archives seeking knowledge.
    “What were we expecting Cousin?”

“There are many threats Arda, this is but one possibility among many that we were considering.”

“We? Farid if you were a bit more forthcoming about what we actually know…”

The hand withdrew, presumably to rub temples. Silent explosions rocked the screen beyond as the Vespid battleship shrugged off crushing broadsides.

“But that is the trouble Arda, we do not know. We have vague guesses and warnings, but our proof? Tragically scarce.” Farid’s chair rotated, the screen behind him freezing on the last seconds of the observer drone before an acid cannon dissolved it.

“You have been master of the Haytham for many years now, it is time to prove that ours is the finest fleet in the Imperium. Return to Samarkand and deploy the fleet.”

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

Turn 6 Imperium Star Map

Zaqaru

Duke Nabuna Zaqaru congratulates

Eshkit Zaqaru
    his sister
    Mennard Lacross
    Duke of Birqu
    with their

Noble Marriage

May the couple know prosperity and enlightenment,
    As the bond between the Zaqaru Dynasty and House Lacross is strengthened in a close union,
    By which an non-aggression pact is acknowledged.

Sinma Zaqaru
    his son
    Ayanum Sibab
    daughter of Earl Myli Sibab
    with their

Noble Marriage

May the couple know love and harmony in their union.

Ilith Zaqaru
    his daughter
    Nergala Inar
    first cousin thrice removed of Earl Sadama Inar
    with their

Noble Marriage

Aburnar Zaqaru
    his grand-nephew
    Arnadred Gilkara
    Heir of Filo
    with their

Noble Marriage

Enigma 7

Spoiler: Shadda Cabal
    Show
    “Why are names such a valuable commodity in your culture that you ask such high prices for it?” Robot Unicorn Princess Ninu Zaqaru wonders aloud. “Are you instead willing to give me a nickname then, something which I can call you by? Just feels cumbersome to call you ‘Shadda Cabal Representative which seeks the Light of Alu’ otherwise.”

Show

As we have discussed, should you still be willing, let us sign an alliance, backed by a Duke’s [25] Prestige.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru

11. - Top - End - #371
    Troll in the Playground

Sigma Kuldav
    The Red Spire

Nobles from across the Imperium streamed to the Sigma system to witness the first coronation of a new queen in centuries. They were greeted by an unusually sparse fleet, most of it being out fighting the collective, but the Laramy Harcone Fleet, Persephone's personal guard, were present and arrayed around the grand dreadnought Raphael's Lament, her personal flagship. Once they arrived on the surface the nobles would need to join the procession winding around the outside of the Crimson Spire. As per tradition Crown Princess Persephone Laramy would be crowned inside.

The grand hall inside the spire was arranged into tiers. The lesser nobles packed in by the hundreds on the Lesser Tier strained to see the dais at the center while the Major Tier looked positively forlorn with only a fraction of the ducal boxes in use. A testament to the long period of peace that saw power solidify into less and less Houses. The innermost Great tier was given over to the direct vassals of House Laramy and was the most sparse of all with only six nobles and their retinues.

On the Dais itself stood Princess Persephone resplendent in her gray uniform and blood red cloak. She surveyed the hall with a confidence and a victorious smile while her closest advisers waited to the sides. When all was ready the Adjutant rose from its plinth to begin the ceremony.

It's voice boomed over the hall, "THE THRONE IS EMPTY. WHO STANDS TO CLAIM IT?"

Persephone stepped forward, "It is I, Persephone of House Laramy. I claim the Pale Throne by right of succession and tradition."

A pale light flickered over her face as the adjutant scanned her genes and compared them to its vast internal databanks. "YOU ARE RECOGNIZED PERSEPHONE OF HOUSE LARAMY. YOUR CLAIM IS VALID. DOES ANYONE DISPUTE YOUR ASCENSION."

There is five breaths of silence in which no one is willing to say anything or make even the slightest noise lest it be misinterpreted.

"THEN STEP FORWARD AND FACE YOUR TRIAL PERSEPHONE OF HOUSE LARAMY."

Persephone loosens her cloak and lets it fall to the side. It would only encumber her during the next portion of the rite. She strides towards where the Pale Throne is unfolding. It's many mechanisms clicking and whirring as they run their diagnostics. As she turns and sits there is a flash of nervousness across Persehone's face. It isn't unheard of for a would be successor to fail their ascension, and at the back of her mind is the ever present thought that her own father did not deem her worthy.

"LET IT BEGIN." The hall goes silent once more as the Throne's mechanisms flicker in and out, cutting and mending and cutting again to implant the neuoptic lattice of a Queen. Persephone doesn't make a sound. Not a factor in the legitimate succession, but a traditionally a good omen and sign of a strong monarch.

The process takes twenty long minutes before the throne releases her once more. When Persephone stands her face is somewhat pale, but her posture is strong and on her brow is the metallic filigree of royalty. "ASCENSION SUCCESSFUL." The adjutant lowers the command crown of Hallow onto Persephone's head to link to her new neural augmentation. Once it does screens light up around the grand hall showing Persephone profile at larger than life scale. Persephone's voice booms out of the very walls of the Crimson Spire in her first proclamation as queen.

"I am Queen Persephone the Second. By Right of Ascension I name myself Queen of Hallow. Let every citizen and noble acknowledge the supremacy of my rule."

Queen Persephone's face is exultant, but even as her voice rings out her mouth is firmly shut. She will not speak physically for the rest of her life. Such is the price of the Pale Throne.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; Yesterday at 05:44 PM.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Agents of the former Tatarus roamed the magnificent halls of the pale throne ensuring the safety of their new duchess and queen. So much had changed with the death of the emperor. Once a faction of wh*res and courtesans were now royalty of the highest caliber. Their lady the high courtesan had seemed to be ruling with blissful ignorance indulging in every wild pleasure but from those pleasure palaces she had concocted a plan which created the safest sector in the galaxy and placed her a whisper away from the queens ear. She had ensured her success by bringing the most powerful naval force in the world into her bed by means of the admiral and now massive fortifications were being brought up in the choke point of the sector making it nigh impossible to get in without approval from her agents.

She had made friends of dukes and the factions which held no title and now she watched with a delighted grin as the throne was ascended from her box as one of the few nobles who answered to this queen directly.

At her side standing like a stunning array of raptors among the prey were her various arms. The individuals she had guided to build this new world for their humble house.

Admiral Watson Xang was now a count. He ruled their military but his house was not some mansion in the capital but a space station which picked up the endless feeds of his various lower officers. He watched from on high the planet he now ruled for his duchess.

Oracle Quinton Tysar was out in public for the first time in years, he had developed stunning success with limited resources and was now granted with a variety of metals bestowed for his good works. His family as well were now nobles and her children would be part of the elite. This would be his last act as Oracle he had chosen his replacement and looked to retire to his new estate with his grandchildren and live out the rest of his life creating formulas and relaxing.

High Educator Julian Tash
    was now an Earl that had replaced a seat of one of those who had rebelled against their regime and was now managing things remotely with hundreds beneath her acting as intermediaries to her needs.

Hatyaara Odessa wanted nothing but has been rewarded regardless. Whether she will ever marry or visit the home provided her is anyone's guess but she remains committed and is now the core of two houses...

each of them had replacements chosen should the worst happen, all of them up in years and willing to retire or die for the cause, but none wants to see the fruition of their many years pass via vid cam or through VR showcase. This needed to be live. They had been Persephones Lynch-pin. Without these five individuals she never would have gotten Steel and without Steel she would just be an embattled child still trying to murder her family.

Queen of the Pale throne and the Duchess of Rosemerrow would now would reach out our hands and hold eachother by the proverbial throat while both smiled at one another and promised each-other the world... How exciting.
    Last edited by kaio999; Yesterday at 09:56 PM.
    Amazing avatar by Gengy

Empire 4- Vampiric Republic turned Vampiric Oligarchy
    Empire 5- Psychic Daddy

13. - Top - End - #373

RogueGuy

Sigma Kuldav

Arnadred grips her chair as Queen Persephone claims her title. The young woman's face rips into a smile and she bounces in her seat in joy. "Look how she claims her power. No one can touch her now. She's free. Free from her stupid brother and free from anyone else ever again."

Spoiler: Greenflame: Enigma 5
    Show
    Duke Farid,
    It is in this trouble that I turn to you. A decade ago we discussed possible alliances to help defend this Empire. It is now that I Anoa Gilkara call upon you.

The Liness sector is being invaded by an enemy so vast and fierce that we fear not only for house Ytterbus and the rest of the Liness sector, but for the entire Imperium and all inhabited space. Even with the combined forces of four houses, we did little more than slow them down. They have torn through our ships and planted themselves in our systems.

Please Farid, I ask you to join me in this fight. For the good of the Empire.

Anoa Gilkara

Spoiler: Zaqura: Enigma 5
    Show
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru,

Thank you for the well wishes on my wedding. I hope that Thorral, i'm sorry, Aburnar has spoken at least half as kindly as I have of him. He is such a brilliant man and his mind is as vast as a system. I do not want to interrupt this with other subjects, but know that Filo will reach out to you. I wish you the very best.

Naldris Gilkara, The Honored Love of Filo

Spoiler: Rosemerrow: Enigma 5
    Show
    Dutchess Mira Rosemerrow,

Congratulations on your ascension. I have seen your mighty house grow. Given your recent expansion I would like to offer our services to help you cultivate the new systems that you have recently garnered. If you are interested in this arrangement, please reach out to me.

The Glittering Miner,

Glordek Gilkara
    "I'll get a cool quote, just you wait."
    Here is the backdrop to the first Campaign in my Titan Blood World.
    Bastilonis