The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 41 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default (INC) Bellows of War- Crafting Thread Part II

This is the INC area for The Bellows of War Pathfinder campaign, Part 2.

Locations covered in this thread: Crafting Spire (South Central Noble District), Maker's Alliance HQ (Eastern Market District), Ricard's House (Eastern Residential District), Kamyol/Kamoru's Apartment (in Crafting Spire), Ebon Corley's Shop (Eastern Market District), The Collegium (Northwestern Goldenrod)

It is now Day 7 of the Crafting Project

The sun rises on a Goldenrod no longer threatened by the Faceless Demon.
    Last edited by Andrew Markham; 2016-11-16 at 08:58 PM.
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: (INC) Bellows of War- Crafting Thread Part II

Kamyol woke with a start, feeling more awake and less groggy than he had in years. What the hell was that dream?! he wondered. He rubbed both hands over his face and raked his hands through his shaggy hair. He looked over at the bedroll next to his, expecting to see it empty, but to his surprise, Kamoru was still there, curled up in a tight ball. Kamyol sighed through his nose and looked away so his thoughts wouldn't disturb her. He pulled his knees up to his chin and wrapped his arms around them, staring off into space.
    Last night, when we came home, Kamoru just... totally lost it. I know she's not as tough as she puts on for the others, but even I've never seen her that upset... She'd finally allowed their usual memory swap to happen when they got home last night. Once done, she broke down and cried. He'd wrapped her in his arms and let her cry herself out. For part of the time, he cried with her. When she'd finally fallen into an exhausted sleep, he'd tucked her into bed, making sure she had water nearby for when she woke up dehydrated, before going to bed himself.
    It was really hard, seeing some of those memories... especially Xerex's body dropping onto the field. The scariest for me though, was seeing her cut down, and feeling her pain. I can't imagine what I'd have done if I had actually been there when that happened.
    After a while, Kamyol reached for his journal, as was his daily habit. He opened it up and blinked in surprise, then squinted. That strange dream... he thought, Something's really changed... this isn't a Divination anymore, he realized, reading the journal page curiously.

A very light sleeper, Kamoru heard the pages rustling and rolled over, rubbing her eyes.
    "You're awake?" she murmured, voice gravelly from sleep and crying.

"Yeah," Kamyol answered, "I'm awake. It's still pretty early, but Al did want to have a meeting early this morning," he said, still looking at his journal.

"Yeah..." Kamoru said, voice dipping down.

Kamyol looked over at her, thinking she sounded sad. The look in her eyes seemed to confirm it.
    "Niyolaku's fine," he said quietly, "the treatment worked."

Kamoru blinked and looked up at him. "Huh?" she asked, "What? How do you know? You didn't waste your nightly Divination on that, did you?" she asked, frowning.

Kamyol chuckled softly. "No, look!" He held his journal up to her, holding it open to the most recent page. He chuckled again when she squinted at it in confusion.

"What am I looking at, Kam?" she asked.

"Well, it's my journal, as usual, but... it would appear I'm no longer doing Divinations," he said with a smile, setting the journal back on his knees and looking through it again.

"I don't understand," Kamoru said flatly.

Kamyol tilted his head to look at her, still smiling. "I had a dream last night, wherein I spoke to the moon and asked her questions, and she answered. I thought it was just a dream, but... but it's not," he said, tapping his journal with one finger. "It would appear that I performed a Commune. Perhaps not with the moon, but rather a deity that is friendly to our cause, who chose to appear as the moon, since that's the source of my power."

Kamoru reflected on that for a long moment in silence. "We should get ready and go," she said abruptly, "the others will want to know about this!" She stood and stretched and started her morning routine.
    First the binder, then the clothes, followed by armor, just in case.
    Then brush and re-braid hair, clean teeth and wash face. No makeup, that's silly!
    Skip the morning warm-up this time because of time constraints.
    Breakfast can come later.
    Check and re-check gear in backpack, and ready to go!

Kamyol watched his sister jump up and start buzzing around like a bee and suddenly realized that his own idea of 'very awake' was 'very flawed'. Shaking his head and smiling, Kamyol pushed himself to his feet and started his own morning routine, which was much less involved than his sister's.
    He simply threw on some clothes, which was actually not the same outfit as the day before this time, since they'd managed to buy more clothes... and then a quick shave, followed by cleaning his teeth. He didn't pay much attention to his backpack, but then he didn't anticipate going very far.
    He picked up Stripe and looked at Kamoru.
    "You ready?" he asked.

Kamoru smiled fondly at the little skunk in Kamyol's arms and nodded.

The twins made their way downstairs to the Crafting Hall where Al was expecting to meet everyone.
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show

Spoiler: Inaemehkiwak (Ina)
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

The crafters and combatants begin gathering at the Crafting Hall. They are all more rested than before, but in various mental places. There is no sign of ENTOS or the military. Ebon Corley and McLaughlin have appeared as well.
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Kamyol sat down and settled Stripe in his lap while holding his journal in one hand.
    "Good morning, guys!" he said cheerfully, smiling broadly at Ebon Corley, looking rather like the cat that ate the canary.

Kamoru sat down next to him and rolled her eyes. She raised an eyebrow at McLaughlin, surprised he was there.
    "Morning everyone," she said, voice still scratchy, "I hope everyone was able to get some sleep, after all that happened."
    Show

Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"Good morning everyone. Thank you for coming in early." Alloishus greeted everyone cheerfully. He looked to Kamyol. "Were you able to make a divination last night?"
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2016-11-16 at 11:49 PM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Billy sits watching as people coming in. He listens as discussions begin, but he just wants to listen for now. He leans back and closes his eyes, just, listening to everyone. Trying to engrain everyones voice into his head. He could still remember the professors voice, uncertain at times, while others, so full of himself. He gently smiled for a moment thinking about the bumbling professor.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

"Nope!" Kamyol said, grin widening even further, with a mischievous sparkle in his eyes. He gently fanned his journal to emphasize its presence.

Kamoru rolled her eyes again and shook her head, lightly facepalming. She smiled slightly.
    Show

Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Alloishus gave Kamyol the side eye. "Okay, but what's got you grinning like a cat in a bird cage?"

"Hey!" Vivian piped up.

"Sorry. What's got you grinning like are you about to ask your beloved to marry you?" Alloishus asked.

Bartleby put his palm to his face. "Weak, Prince Al."
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Kamyol's eyebrow quirked, giving Al a strange look, but he couldn't quite stop smiling. He shook his head, face brightening again.
    "Well," he began, "I don't know if you all remember what we said... that when I was younger, I would do auguries in my sleep, but they eventually became divinations instead. Well, it seems my Oracular abilities have shifted again. This was no divination, it was a commune!" Kamyol flipped open the journal with a triumphant flourish and held it out for the others to see.
    Spoiler: Kamyol's Journal
    Show
    Is Xerex's soul bound to his head?
    Yes
    Is Xerex's head in the astral plane?
    Yes
    Can Xerex's head be retrieved from the material plane?
    No
    Would McLaughlin be able to track Xerex's head?
    Yes
    Are any special items or materials needed to unbind Xerex's soul from his head?
    No
    Can Xerex's soul be unbound from his head by any people currently known to the members of our party?
    No, nor should it be
    Would casting resurrection using the head be sufficient to raise Xerex?
    Yes
    Was Niyolaku's treatment successful?
    Yes

"It seems we'll be needing McLaughlin's help," Kamoru commented, lifting her head to look at the green-clad gnome, one eyebrow lifting at him as she again thought about the strangeness of him being there so conveniently.
    "As much as I appreciate my brother verifying that Niyolaku's treatment was a success, it does mean he neglected to ask something important: Is it safe for McLaughlin to help us? Since we don't know that, I can't in good conscience ask him to go alone. A few of us should go with him. I think Billy and I should go, along with at least one other person," she said, looking around at the others. "But not everyone!" she added hastily, "I expect that would be a strain."
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2016-11-17 at 12:11 AM.
    Show

Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Billy keeps his eyes closed, but his eyebrows jump up, hearing Kamoru planning tactics.

"Who do you think would complete that trio best Kamoru?"

He points toward prince Al, then draws his finger to his lips, trying to signal for the prince to let her answer the question.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

"I would say, either Trelane or Osman," she said. "On the one hand, Osman is very adept with his parry, and has kept his feet even after pretty serious blows. On the other hand, Trelane can be very effective if allies give him the right opening, such as if I tripped an enemy. Osman excels even when fighting alone, while Trelane excels when fighting as part of a team. So I think either of them would be a good choice, and who is 'best' is very situational. And of course, if they both want to go, and taking all four of us isn't a problem, then so much the better," Kamoru answered with a fleeting smile. "I would be taking on the role I usually give Niyolaku when he and I battle together... I usually have him try and help me flank if he can, and he's pretty good at getting enemies off their feet. Since he needs to rest, I can take up the role of maneuvering around any enemies to give the rest of you the advantage. And of course, Billy, you can keep behind me like we did yesterday."
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2016-11-17 at 12:27 AM.
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Billy nods, with his eyes closed.

"Alright, Missus Kamoru, go ahead and get us in formation, and call it. Let our transportation know what hes doing, and bark out some orders. Your in charge on this one".

he stays where he is, not having moved yet.
    Festival of Heroes:

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Osman enters the room late, seeing the amassed people chatting amongst themselves he slumps into a chair in the back with a grunt.
    To all things there is an end. With every end, a new beginning.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Kamoru studied Billy silently for a moment, slightly taken aback. Then she nodded slowly, expression knowing.
    "Alright then, Billy, you get behind me," she said, getting up and gesturing. "Osman on my left, Trelane on my right, assuming McLaughlin will take all four of us?" she looked questioningly at the gnome.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2016-11-17 at 10:59 AM.
    Show

Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

McLaughlin guffaws and says, "Lass, I'll bring everyone in this room if yer the one askin'!" and winks suggestively at her.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Osman stands and moves to Kamoru's side. What's going on?
    Buford follows close behind. I wouuuuuuld like to come too. I should have never left him alone with that thing.
    He lays a hand on Osman's shoulder when he sees that he's still bleeding. (1d8+5)[13]clwshh
    Last edited by STDM Grizzly Ad; 2016-11-17 at 10:44 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"Very well. We'll need an hour to prep our spells. Bartleby, Buford, Ebon, Kamyol, and Skrolk, we are going to into an unknown situation back into the astral plane. Bartleby, Ebon, and Kamyol focus on buffs and divine spells. Buford, focus on attack and healing spells. Skrolk, focus on ranged attack extracts and buffs. I don't need you getting too close to the combat again. I will focus on attack spells and buffs. Any questions, comments, or suggestions?" Alloishus said.
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2016-11-17 at 10:53 AM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Kamyol gave McLaughlin a decidedly unfriendly look, before standing up and moving to Osman. He held out his journal to the vishkanya.
    "Search and rescue!" he said, smiling. Then he noticed the blood, and frowned. "You didn't get healed up before you went home last night? Why didn't you say something?"
    Spoiler: Kamyol's Journal
    Show
    Is Xerex's soul bound to his head?
    Yes
    Is Xerex's head in the astral plane?
    Yes
    Can Xerex's head be retrieved from the material plane?
    No
    Would McLaughlin be able to track Xerex's head?
    Yes
    Are any special items or materials needed to unbind Xerex's soul from his head?
    No
    Can Xerex's soul be unbound from his head by any people currently known to the members of our party?
    No, nor should it be
    Would casting resurrection using the head be sufficient to raise Xerex?
    Yes
    Was Niyolaku's treatment successful?
    Yes

Kamoru's eyed McLaughlin with a carefully neutral expression. "If you feel you need all of us to protect you, then that's fine. I thought a small strike team would be easier," she said with a shrug.
    Kamoru shot Alloishus an aggrieved look, mouth tightening, but said nothing.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2016-11-17 at 11:02 AM.
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Billy moves into position before looking to the prince.

"Your highness, our commander has not given out orders for spell casters to prepare spells. Perhaps there is a reason?"

He looks to Kamoru

"Do our spellcasters need to prepare spells for this mission? or will we be fine without them?"
    Festival of Heroes:

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Alloishus noticed Kamoru scowling at him. "Sorry to bull rush your command. Casters will be on standby if you need us." Alloishus apologized.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

"Pffft, ma Rainbow Bridge can transport any number of people any amount of distance that I like! Don't underestimate my skill, lass!"
    Show

DM of Twinborn

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

"If everyone's going, then of course, the spell casters should prepare, especially considering the unknown element involved." Kamoru crossed her arms. "If Urah has someone, or something, guarding the head, I would imagine that it would be in the same vein as what we faced yesterday, which means attack spells would have limited effect. So I would say, focus on the spells you have that enhance the capabilities of those who would engage directly and physically. Resistance enhancements are good, too."
    She tilted her head to one side as she looked over at McLaughlin, expression a mingling of wryness and mild frustration. "I was trying to be considerate, not suggest any lack of ability. You more than proved yesterday what you're capable of with your magic."

"The time it'll take to prepare will be a good opportunity for breakfast, for anyone who hasn't had it yet. Like Kamoru and I. It won't take me an hour to be ready." Kamyol pointed out.

"Alright, I'll get us breakfast while you meditate, and then you can eat with us. Who else needs breakfast? I'll pick up for whoever needs it," Kamoru offered.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2016-11-17 at 11:26 AM.
    Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Billy moves back from the group and begins working through his kata's for his martial stances. It only takes him ten minutes, but afterword he sits down and closes his eyes, and again, listens to everyones voices.

Spoiler: Manuevers Prepared
    Show
    Sacred Pinions
    Enduring Crane Strike
    Encouraging Roar
    Noble Blade
    Garnet Lance
    Silver Cranes Blessing
    Silver Knights Blade

"No Thanks, Im good"
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2016-11-17 at 11:29 AM.
    Festival of Heroes:

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"Prince Al and I ate already. Thanks!" Bartleby replied.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

After everyone finishes eating and preparing spells, they all gather around McLaughlin. He rubs his hands together. "All right then! Everybody think of yer buddy Xerex and we'll see where the bridge takes us!" McLaughlin gives people a few moments to focus their minds, then says bombastically, "RAINBOW BRIDGE!!!"

The group appears in the Astral Plane. They immediately feel the sensation of movement, as if they are standing on a ship. The ground below them is gray and firm. All around them are various structures. Some are large purple crystals; some are stone tablets with carvings in various languages or pictograms; farther on, there are bookshelves filled with books. They form a kind of forest of information that sprawls throughout the area.

The group's arrival immediately attracts attention. Half a dozen hairless humanoids immediately change directions from what they were doing and converge on the new arrivals. Each person feels a buzzing in their minds, then hears mentally in Common, "Who goes there? What business have you here?"

Show

DM of Twinborn

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Osman nods to Kamyol's offer, That would be great. Anything meaty. Thank you Buford looks to Kamyol and says When this is all over with and we've got keveryone back, I've got some ideas for that cat of yours if you'd like to discuss them. Then he finds a corner and begins praying to his matron like a cleric would.

(Oops) this was before the above post.
    Last edited by STDM Grizzly Ad; 2016-11-17 at 11:52 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

The twins were both taken aback by the telepathic communication, unused to that from anyone but each other. They exchanged glances.
    Kamyol studied the creatures, trying to identify them.
    Knowledge (planes): (1d20+7)[22]

"Um, hello. We come from the Kingdom of Goldenrod, in the material plane. We're looking for the head of our murdered friend, so we can raise him. He... was... an elven wizard with black-streaked white hair. Have you seen him... that is, his head?" Kamoru asked.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2016-11-17 at 12:16 PM.
    Show

Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

As soon as they appear Buford casts detect magic on himself. When the creepy psychic naked mole rats surround them he looks around cautiously. (1d20+16)[21]perception (1d20+8)[11] size up (1d20+7)[13] k. Arcana

Osman puts his hands up, knowing that with his speed even unarmed, he's not truly defenseless. We seek only sssomething that was ssstolen from us. Please forgive our tressspassss, we will leave as sssoon as we find what we're looking for. (1d20+12)[31] diplomacy
    Last edited by STDM Grizzly Ad; 2016-11-17 at 12:50 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

"You seek one of our artifacts. They are not lightly given. You must speak with our Master." The creatures stare at the group silently for a few moments. Then the ground beneath them shakes. They hear a new voice in their minds, "I have claimed what you seek. This elf loves knowledge, as I do. He is my companion now."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Kamyol stepped forward, looking around for the source of the new voice. Perception: (1d20+9)[16]
    "Are you also one of the caulborn? I understand that caulborn are seekers of knowledge. Perhaps we could orchestrate a trade? The elf we seek to raise is a professor at a collegium. They have several libraries there, and many wise teachers with much knowledge to share. Additionally, the kingdom is at war with a force that employs some kind of strange new demonic force that we know little about. If we got you access to the collegium, not only could you have access to the wealth of knowledge there, but you could be among the very first to research a little-known phenomena in the 'Demon-Touched' our enemies are using," Kamyol said, spreading his arms. (Diplomacy 11 in dice roller.)
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2016-11-17 at 01:58 PM.
    Show

Show