Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: TW: Imperium IC

Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Spoiler: House Greenflame
    Show

Grand Scientist Caksya Gupta
    Dear Sir Dallis Saquar-Plama,

I am most pleased we are able to help each other well in this case. I well understand you require the weaponry immediately, and will take into account in our negotiations. Regrettably, I fear House Greenflame will find our stocks to be disappointing compared to what a military powerhouse such as yourself possesses, especially since I assume Orca Bombers will be of no use to you.

In any case, Zaqaru has Fire Control Modules and Starburst Autocannons available. Should your offer be especially interesting, I am confident I can make available Multiphase Barriers, stocks we have previously marketed, but which Zaqaru puts in greater value than others due to its limited stock.

Regarding Fire Control Modules and Starburst Autocannons, I can make available to you a total of 12 shipments combined. I’ll refrain from mentioning the exact composition until we are closer to a deal, which I hope you understand. Given the critical immediate delivery, I hope you will make a worthy offer in return. In addition, please inform me whether my earlier assumption is correct and whether this amount suffices.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Gilkara
    Show

Dear Duchess Naldris Gilkara,

As Grand Scientist of Zaqaru, I approach you as potential ally of Zaqaru. The Restored King Nabuna Zaqaru has reached out to you with an offer, and now I wish to take the opportunity to start a hopefully rich negotiation, to foster relations and give more reason to reinforce the bond between Zaqaru and House Gilkara.

In the past years, House Gilkara and Zaqaru have cooperated in investment and research. Now I approach you to see whether you are interested to continue that cooperation, but instead of creating works of scientific art for another faction, I hope you will consider sending your scientists to Zaqaru to create the bleeding edge of technology and uplift the level of science to great heights for both domains. Naturally, Zaqaru will compensate you for the effort.

In short, I wish to discuss whether you are willing to dedicate scientists to Zaqaru, so we may develop prototypes here and share the blueprints amongst us, with additional compensation from Zaqaru. Would you be so willing?

Yours sincerely,
    Grand Scientist Gupta Caksya

2. - Top - End - #512
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

House Gilkara

Belbren Gilkara smiled as Glordek smiled. The man seemed calm. He had put down his holo-glasses and actually looked with his eyes. He turned to Belbren and touched her arm. "Thank you. I didn't think that I'd get to see this, and you sacrificed so much to get me here. I'll repay you, I promise."

"Anoa said the same. I expect to be paid back a hundred fold."

"Bad at math as always."

"You expect I should get back a thousand?"

"I think you've given me something priceless."

"Flatterer."

Spoiler: Zaqaru: Enigma 5
    Show
    To the Great Re-claimer and Protector of the Imperium,

I would be happy for any arrangement between our two Houses. We would look forward to an alliance, but I fear you may turn away from it when you come to realize how competitive and what a hassle it is to get anything started in Filo.

What we look for is a complete alliance. First and foremost, each House must have a dedicated team available for communication with the other house. A tally of both houses assets will be supplied to each house so that each house may plan using all resources of both houses. Each of these plans will be marked and numbered in the accordance of how much the House proposing it will give up to get what they are requesting. If it is shown that a House is unwilling to supply the resources that they find so valuable, then war is understood and immediately declared.

Both houses will come to the aid of the other above all other houses. They will forsake blood ties and old agreements for this treaty. Both Houses will fight the enemies of the other house. Both houses will communicate problems openly with each other about other houses and internal strife.

Above all, Each house will strive to keep an alliance with the other.

_______________________________________ (Representative of Zaqaru)

Naldris Gilkara (Representative of Gilkara)

Spoiler: Tram: Enigma 5
    Show
    We request permission to make known the recent Research to the Vespid Crusade Coalition. We see greater benefit from sharing this research than keeping it. We understand and admit that this does breach our original arrangement. We grant House Greenflame our permission to share this information.

To house Greenflame, we would like to continue in this type of joint effort. What are you asking for.

Spoiler: Vespid Crusade Coalition
    Show
    House Gilkara would like to declare its intent from this coalition. We will still support in what ways we can, such as information. However, our resources will be diverted unless an impending attack from the vespids is obvious. We hope that you do not see this as abandonment, but we believe that other... dangers approach our Imperium.
    "I'll get a cool quote, just you wait."
    Here is the backdrop to the first Campaign in my Titan Blood World.
    Bastilonis

3. - Top - End - #513
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: The Liness Strategy Meeting [House Kelse, House Jinks, House Ytterbus, House Laramy, House Greenflame, Exiles Consortium, Primogenisis]
    Show
    Director Chen pulls up the projections of Vespid losses, "Based on the specimens we've managed to collect and analysis of the various debris fields left over from the past years battles my team believe we have destroyed somewhere between [25 units] to [30 units] of the Vespid swarm."

Duchess Ytterbus takes over at this point after forwarding the scout reports to the various admirals. "Unfortunately while an impressive victory this doesn't seem to have phased the swarm. We estimate that they have reinforced significantly, but of more concern is an apparent change in strategy in the swarm. There is another wave of [90 units] approaching Liness, however my scouts have reported an additional secondary swarm, which rather than moving to reinforce the main assault is aggressively infesting the systems surrounding Liness far in excess of normal Vespid behavior. If they were human I would say they were fortifying those systems."

Show
    Duke Lonestar nods and begins the briefing by listing the various Vespid swarms and subswarms that were identified in the years of the crusade as well as their current status. "In summary my analysts estimate that the entire swarm totaled [90 units] and that our combined efforts destroyed perhaps [10 units] to [20 units]. Fortunately we've identified a shift in the Vespid behavior as without contact with the main Vespid expansion some of the remaining sub swarms have shifted into a primarily resource gathering behavior."

"Of more concern is the strain currently infesting the gates we have captured. My scientists report that it is integrated into the gate one an extremely deep level, and there are processes it using that they can't identify the function of."

Spoiler: TRAM
    Show
    House Vastadd: We see no harm in sharing the general information. However according to my scientists the main AI responsible for Vespid analysis is proving stubbornly hard to copy. I suspect that we will only be able to use its capabilities to the full extent in one fleet at a time.

[OOC: It's an archive basically.]

Spoiler: House Starosta to House Greenflame [Enigma: 5]
    Show
    Duke Farid Saquar,

Unfortunately the most concerning point of this tragedy is precisely that nothing is known. We are obviously hesitant to send anything into the affected areas, but the probes we have deployed have revealed nothing anomalous beyond the total absence of all humans. The infrastructure appears to be intact and there are no signs of conflict.

Duchess Maldeen Starosta

Spoiler: House Tehrani to House Greenflame [Enigma: 5]
    Show
    Duke Farid Saquar,

We don't have much to go on, but we have detected signs of anomalous wormhole activity in the affected systems.

Duke Omid Tehrani

Spoiler: The Freeholds to House Greenflame [Enigma: 4]
    Show
    Duke Saquar,

I've lined up a good sized group that would agree, but we've got a lot of folks here who are worried about your Vespid problem. It seems like we're going to be paying for your defense right out of the gate.

Reynold

Spoiler: House Mertens to House Greenflame [Enigma: 6]
    Show
    We can offer you our [Cybran Defense Arrays] and [Kulli Torpedoes] for a price of [2 trade per 5]

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Vespid Crusade Coalition
    • Zaqaru
    • House Lacross
    • House Voss
    • House Lonestar
    • Excagon Family
    • House Gilkara
    • House Okeke
    • House Arnos
    • House Berger
    • Triune Pact
    • House Marguerite
    • Democratic Collective of the People

Show
    “Thank you for the information, Duke Lonestar.” Grand Admiral Sacesu Kemar bows to the man superior in rank to himself. “I kindly request you indicate which gates are so infected. If you have more information to share on the current state of the gate leading out of Ashvale beyond Imperium space, it is much appreciated.”

“As we all just heard, a large swarm of Vespids still remains in Rayview. If not exterminated, the Vespids will grow their numbers and continue to pose a significant threat in both the sector and beyond.” Grand Admiral Sacesu Kemar looks at the representative of House Gilkara. “It is certainly true there are many threats to the Imperium. I cannot stop you from dealing with those threats, just as I cannot stop the Vespids as single individual. Given the threat still present in Rayview, the need to continue efforts here is obvious.”

Grand Admiral Sacesu Kemar looks at both the representative of House Lonestar, the Excagon Family and House Okeke. “Given the worrying state of Vespids integrating with gates on an unprecedented level, can I trust both House Lonestar, the Excagon Family and House Okeke to look into this matter? All three of you possess formidable research institutes and are closest to the gates.”

Before continuing, Grand Admiral Sacesu Kemar waits on the answer from Duke Lonestar to his first question.

(OOC: Additional question which should be obvious to all: Which Rayview systems are currently dealing with Vespid infestation?)

Spoiler: House Sansone
    Show
    Dear Duke Stephano Sansone,

Congratulations on defeating the Vespids scouts in your territory! Your words rang true and I am happy that the Zaqaru forces were free to move to the defense of the Rayview Sector. Yet many Vespids remain, and I wish to inquire if continued efforts to the defense of the Imperium elsewhere can continue to count on House Sansone bravely defending their Imperium borders.

In addition, should you have any information regarding the Vespids which may prove of use, I would be eager to hear. From my end, I will share that you should wary of Vespids infesting the gates. Currently we have reports from Rayview that Vespids have integrated with gates on an extremely deep level and are busy with unknown activities.

Yours sincerely,
    Grand Admiral Sacesu Kemar

Show
    Dear Duchess Naldriks Gilkara,

Thank you for your message and I am happy to receive word that you are looking forward to an arrangement as well. What you suggest, however, does not entail an alliance, but something greater. To my view, it looks like either a liegeless vassal contract for the both of us, or you proposing a marriage contract, with its terms being very forward towards the union of noble Houses. I must decline both.

Given your proposal, the alliance I propose must be like only a defensive pact to you, where both parties can call the other to arms and will favour one another in agreements. Nevertheless, it is the offer I am making and remains available to you. Know that Zaqaru will look towards worthwhile agreements between both of our dynasties, and I believe you have already been contacted by my Grand Scientist to see if you are interested in such.

From your words, I conclude you are willing to make a deep commitment. Should you be willing to accept me as your liege and become my vassal, know that you will be defended and rewarded for doing so. A place on the Zaqaru Council and more. Feel free to consider this offer for as long as you need, for I realise it is unlike what you proposed.

Let me know if either a defensive pact, or more, is something that we might pursue.

Yours sincerely,
    Restored King Nabuna Zaqaru

5. - Top - End - #515

RogueGuy

Spoiler: Zaqaur: Enigma 5
    Show
    To the Restored King Nabuna Zaqaru,

I do apologize, but this is something that cannot be done at this time. We are welcoming to the defensive alliance.

Grand Scientist Gupta Caksya,

I'm Belbryn Gilkara. I lead all scientific expeditions. I am interested in what you are suggesting. In what way can we be of help? We are willing to meet in private if you prefer.
    Bastilonis

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Show
    Dear Duchess Naldris Gilkara,

Then let us sign a defensive alliance, backed by [25 Prestige] each. Agreed?

Yours sincerely,

Dear Belbryn Gilkara,

Agreed, I'll speak to you soon.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Lacross
    Show
    Dear friend Duke Menard Lacross,

Your dedication to finding out more about the threat we all face, to which I was able to offer some assistance, I approve of greatly. Continue such efforts in the coming years and keep me apprised with future developments, and I will share with you efforts of our own making. Grand Scientist Caksya Gupta intends to develop state of the art Xenobiology Labs to elevate our scientific capacity, and I will share such designs with you in support of your continued research.

Yours sincerely,

PM

Show
    Grand Scientist Gupta Caksya arrives in a nimble spacecraft, a Scout. She makes her presence known late and follows the instructions by Belbryn Gilkara for the private meeting. After the formal introductions, the old female Grand Scientist starts off.

"A pleasure to meet a like minded scientific mind, Belbryn Gilkara. Zaqaru is lacking in scientific institutes and I intend to change that. I'm looking for scientists to create the latest on the field of science, research prototypes and their technology. In turn this scientific advancement in way of technological blueprints will be given to the supplier of scientists, along with compensation.

I do not know how many scientists you are willing to make to this arrangement, but I am interested in many. I know House Gilkara is capable of making efficient colonies and as Zaqaru is currently seeing a great rise of colonists and colony interest, I believe you can make use of this the same as we are.

I will start off with an encompassing proposal, which assumes two empty colony sites on your part.
    Lend Zaqaru the efforts of 4 Universities to build 4 science prototypes for our colonies and we'll share the blueprints.
    In compensation I propose the following, House Gilkara will build two colonies of a type of their choice, but only provide a token investment of [1 Trade] each to ensure the efficiencies are optimised. Zaqaru will provide the remainder of colonists and colony goods with [2 Trade] each. House Gilkara will use 2 Universities to develop prototypes for both of their own new colonies, with technology shared between us.

Should my assumption not be valid, or there are other issues present, let me know. Beyond that, what do you think of the proposal? Should you be interested to send more scientists to Zaqaru, know that I'm interested."
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2020-01-24 at 04:19 PM.

7. - Top - End - #517

RogueGuy

Spoiler: Zaqaru: Enigma 5
    Show
    King Nabuna Zaqaru,

It is my pleasure to sign an agreement. [50 Prestige from The Gilkara Family]

Naldris Gilkara.

Spoiler: Zaqaru: PM
    Show
    Grand Scientist Gupta Caksya is welcomed by a small squadron of cloaking units. She is led to a large asteroid cluster and a craft hovering on the outskirts in a similar cloak field. Once docked, Gupta Caksya is greeted by a small group of scientists. After a brief rest offer, she is brought to Belbryn Gilkara. An aging, and very busy woman. She is happy to have some company that might keep up with her mind.

She listens carefully to the proposal. "I believe there are a few things that we need to take note. The efficiency of the colonies is not something that we can control. We will need to completely survey any colony sites available to have a chance at finding suitable locations. Still, it can be fruitful."

Belbryn looks out the view port. There are a few ships dipping in and out between the different asteroids. "We are aware of Zaqaru's lack of scientists and University power. That is not as daunting as you may think. We are not the greatest builders throughout the land, despite our advantage from archives. We doubt that our House could have matched the Collective's growth." Her eyes flicker from the window to Gupta. "We have learned from them. Learned form everyone. Outside this window, you might see a random cluster of asteroids, but these have each been selected and moved here. This is a space station. It is a conglomeration of technology from many different factions. Something like this can be done for your technology. The more you implement into it and the more it's done, the easier and cheaper this type of creation is to replicate. Even to those lacking in scientists."

Belbryn smiles and brings up a map of Gilkara space as well as Merza Colonies. I believe that we have enough blueprints to create what i'm suggesting. I am not sure of the exact number of scientists available to you, but even a three scale of manpower enhanced by this process would allow you to create some of the most advanced scientific minds with minimal help from us, or by being personally watched by some of your nobles. It will be a sacrifice, but the rewards will be worth it. It's something that Gilkara is looking towards in the future."

"It will take some time to get the cogs spinning. I don't know if you're willing to wait that long. And let me assure you that it is a long wait. About fifteen years I'll say. If we can produce the equipment to outfit you with, help you develop new super prototypes, then you should be able to create an archive of your own accord. Once it comes, then you'll be able to create all kinds of new inventions. The unfortunate truth is that even with our help, I don't think it can be done faster. Certain steps in the process take a lot of time. You can double up on them, but you can't build an archive before you know what's going in it. And you can't design the super prototype until you know what equipment you can use. Think it over, you are welcome to think it over for as long as you need."
    Bastilonis

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Restored King
    Nabuna Zaqaru

Queen
    Saundri Arnos

Children

Sinma Zaqaru
    Ilith Zaqaru

Zaqaru Council

Spoiler: Council
    Show

Grand Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru
    Earl

Earl

Grand Agent Nebtate Memphem
    Earl

Earl

Grand Administrator Yaadus Emit
    Earl

Zaqaru Inheritance

The Zaqaru Dynasty has several inheritance laws in place for its King title. They can be abbreviated as follows:

• The Council, consisting of five noble positions, votes on candidates, with the candidate obtaining the most votes being the heir to the title of King. Should there be a tie, the last will of the former King is decisive.
    • The King will abdicate the title to their heir between the age of 80 and 84, at the passing of a year divisible by 5.
    • Valid candidates are the children and siblings of the current holder. Should any candidate have died or be ineligible due to age, their children become valid candidates, unless they are dead or ineligible due to age, where their children become valid candidates, and so on.

In general, Zaqaru earl and count vassals also abdicate their titles between the age of 80 and 84, at the passing of a year divisible by 5.

Candidates

• Sinma, son, married to Ayanum Sibab, daughter of Earl Myli Sibab, has children
    • Ilith, daughter, married, has children
    • Nocri, older sister, married, has children
    • Abus, older brother, married, has children
    • Eshkit, older sister, married to Duke Menard Lacross, has no children
    • Puabi, younger sister, married, has no children
    • Sili, daughter of Nocri, older sister, married, has children
    • Irsim, daughter of Nocri, older sister, married, has children
    • Litte, daughter of Abus, older brother, married to Duke Ernst Berger, has children who cannot inherit
    • Amsumur, son of Abus, older brother, married, has children
    • Nidaadea, son of Abus, older brother, married, has children

At the age of 77, Eskhit will become an invalid heir in the coming five years.

King Nabuna Zaqaru stands to abdicate in 10 Years.
    OOC: The start of Turn 10.

Enigma 7

Spoiler: House Yuliya
    Show
    Dear Earl Domenica Yuliya,

We have had contact a few years ago. The Rayview Sector still faces the Vespid threat, but at least no longer expects reinforcements. Meanwhile, you still face the same challenges. I have looked into possibilities and wish to suggest the following trade offer.

Zaqaru will provide you with economic equipment, in exchange for assistance of your industries to provide materials and goods to build colonies. For each industry you so offer to assist, you will receive 1 shipment each of Hyperlanes, Reclamation Automata and Nano-Assemblers after construction of the colony, making for a total of 3 economic equipment per industry assisting. If this deal is acceptable to you, please inform me how much industries you wish to dedicate to the agreement.

Yours sincerely,

PM

Spoiler: House Gilkara (PM)
    Show

While in the space of Gilkara, Grand Scientist Caksya Gupta carefully looks around. While she keeps diligently to being a proper guest, the flashes of envy in her eyes at what she sees she is unable to hide well.
    She politely speaks with the scientists, complimenting the cloak technology. She takes the brief rest, after which she meets Belbryn Gilkara. Both women of age, busy work schedules and scientific interest, she offers a smile.

With her proposal made, she listens to Belbryn Gilkara. She politely nods when Belbryn mentions the efficiencies and surveys, making a hand gesture as if to say that is up to House Gilkara to arrange further.

Following Belbryn’s eye out of the view port, she turns back to look at Belbryn as she mentions the lack of Universities to not be as daunting for Zaqaru. When Belbryn looks, Gupta turns to look out the window with her again. As she listens, her eyes gaze more towards the asteroids, as if trying to decipher their secrets.

Letting go when Belbryn brings up the map of Gilkara, Grand Scientist Caksya Gupta frowns for a moment as she sees the colonies of Mirza included, but then smirks. It fades as she listens and her gaze turns more thoughtfully.

When a long wait is mentioned, Grand Scientist Caksya Gupta grins for a moment, looking at Belbryn Gilkara and shortly shaking her head. She then continues to listen, but addresses it when Belbryn Gilkara is done talking.

“I do not have the luxury of time to wait or decide. Anything I wish to set in motion must be done now or soon as I will abdicate in five years time as Grand Scientist and Earl.”

Grand Scientist Caksya Gupta then moves closer to the window and looks out of it. “Lady Belbryn Gilkara, what you have done here is impressive by your words. Gathering technology, integrating them and hiding them in asteroids. From the outside, and for that matter, the reception hall, I cannot see what type of space station this is. Whether to harbour the cloaked spacecraft escorting me here and home to agents, a center to research technology and science as topic close to your heart, or a noble court to receive others in. Or perhaps this would reveal dockyards for military vessels or thriving trade hubs.”

“Yet, because it is in asteroids, I find myself questioning your words. Do you mean this to be a space station outfitted with many advanced equipment or indeed, the next step of scientific advancement, where what is developed by research and prototypes, created by factories for anybody’s use, is actually combined in its own experimental cutting edge invention? You may even allude to this space station being the result of development where the experiments are integrated in the next stage of science, the next stage of technology, which would take my breath away.”

As if to underline it, Grand Scientist Caksya Gupta leaves a moment of silence, before looking to face her speaking partner again.

“Yet, you also refer to the process of technological advancement being something which Gilkara will look towards in the future. Now, let me say with profoundness I am the first to welcome a new age of scientific advancement, with Zaqaru Universities standing at the top of research capability. Yet even if each of the current Universities would be elevated to the next level right now, then each University may be the most cutting edge of all, but the total research capacity would not be noteworthy.”

Gazing upon the map, her eyes go in a faint direction as to where Zaqaru space would be.

“I agree with you on the point that the lack of scientists is not as daunting compared to many of the other noble realms, as long as it is used efficiently, receives support and treasured. However, compared to exactly the Collective you mention, as well as powerful noble Houses such as House Laramy, or other leading researchers such as House Greenflame, House Mallarch and others, Zaqaru is lacking. I can imagine House Gilkara to also find itself envious of what researching capability they wield. Hence why I approach you. For your research capability is significant, and by cooperating, we may both enhance our possibilities. And given your neighbour, you well need that.”

Looking at Belbryn, her gaze shifts to the map, clearly looking at the border towards House Laramy.

“Though perhaps not as much as I thought, if you already have the means to produce the required equipment for super prototypes and find that to be sufficient. I am also curious as to what you learned from the Collective, for what the Imperium learned of their military might is only reason for concern.”

Looking back at Belbryn Gilkara, Grand Scientist Caksya Gupta points towards House Mirza space.

“You brought House Mirza up for a reason. The number three could be provided by Zaqaru, but could as well by provided by their exactly three Universities. But what do you foresee of their political situation?”

Withdrawing her hand, she reiterates. “Fifteen years. Five years to produce the equipment, five years to develop super prototypes, five years to develop an archive. It can be done faster, but it costs. Find whoever currently has University equipment, buy it off of them to develop super prototypes in the upcoming years while ensuring there are sufficient blueprints, then five years to develop an archive.”

“I would welcome such an advancement, but I find myself deeply lacking University equipment at current and the prices of equipment high. While my successor will take the glory.” She wraps her hands behind her back. “Truth be told, I wish to make my own mark on Zaqaru by propelling forward the creation of Universities. Once there are more centers of research, the King is bound to finally pay more attention to the field of science. Centuries ago, Zaqaru stood at the forefront in science, but calamity saw that advantage vanish. While our Universities are too far behind to take a top position, I refuse to leave my post without dragging Zaqaru out of the laggard position it currently is in.”

“Yet, I will gladly leave things in such a way that taking certain courses of actions are too rich compared to others to leave things alone. So what steps are you exactly proposing, what do you expect of Zaqaru, what do you seek from House Mirza and what are you willing to commit to developing University prototypes?”

Meanwhile, another vessel entered Gilkara space. “Greetings, I am Grand Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru and I seek to speak with Anoa Gilkara. Tell her I’m interested in her warning.”

9. - Top - End - #519

PaladinGuy

House Greenflame

Enigma 7

Players

House Zaqauru
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent, I can offer [3 university] for [10 total equipment] from a combined stock of carrier fire controls and starburst autocannons. While I feel the fire controls might be more to our fleets advantage, NovOps has assured me that either would be beneficial.

I await your response,
    Sir Dallis Saquar-Plama

TRAM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I believe it would still be best to publish, others will be able to copy it at their own pace. Meanwhile, we will continue to work at a greater solution for a more decisive victory.

I completely agree that the Vespid Crusade should be made aware, and that was my original intent, I apologize if that was not clear.

With regards to what we are asking for continued research. It is hard to say, this is rather untested ground, but I think as much as you are willing to spare should suffice. I am intending to budget [10 university] to this continued research.

[OOC: GM Question, since it was 12 university that was put towards this project, was the archive technically teir2? And if so do t2 archives have a listed cost or did we get part way through a second t2 archive?]

The Liness Strategy Meeting [House Kelse, House Jinks, House Ytterbus, House Laramy, House Greenflame, Exiles Consortium, Primogenisis]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A disturbing development to be sure. We dealt the bugs a solid wound, but I worry about our longterm success. Our scientists have made a solid breakthrough on anti vespid tactics, but it will be slow to roll out the archive to the entire Imperium. We will continue to work on countermeasures, but I think with these new tactics and the continued commitment of the members here we will be able to hold Liness for now.

With the Vespids fortifying their gains, the longterm strategy will need to change. Our people will seek support from the other nobles not yet involved in the crusade, and we will get the Freehold agreement finished and signed, with the aid of their fleets in Liness I think it would be best to have our Sashaw fleet go aid another front to maximize the effect of our new archive.

I would ask the gathered tacticians what numbers they think we would need to push into the Vespid fortifications over the next few years. If we can agree on a number and gather that support we may be able to break the stalemate and finish off the Shadow Leviathan.

NPCs

House Tehrani
    Spoiler
    Show
    Duke Omid,
    I understand. Please know that my commitment to getting to the bottom of this disturbing phenomena is absolute, and that regardless of your response I will be launching a multistep investigation to solve the disappearances.

But my house is far away and stretched thin. We struggle in Liness against the Vespids, and Whitewyne is uncomfortably balanced as is. Neither Forche nor the Church were particularly weak in military affairs, and yet they both vanished. I think this menace is not one that can simply be solved by overwhelming firepower, but I have spent the past three decades patching up my family’s old weakness, and I believe our agents are ready to investigate this problem at least to the point where we can bring back something for our scientists to work on. I ask that you join with my agents and perhaps those of house Starosta in this investigation, and help to prevent these disappearances from continuing.

All I ask in return is your support against the Vespids, my house has developed a countermeasure but it will take time to disperse through the Imperium. In the meantime I need as many fleets as I can to hold and counter their advance. I know your sector is one of the ones threatened, and I will be sure to aid you in return.
    Duke Farid Saquar
    Master of the Grand Marquis

House Starosta
    Spoiler
    Show
    Duchess Maldeen,
    No signs of conflict. As I feared this problem is not one where my house can rely on our greatest strengths. That said, I have spent many years patching our greatest weaknesses, and I believe our agents are ready to attempt to solve and stop this mystery. I know your house and Tehrani have offered rewards, but I have no qualms about helping a fellow noble in such dangerous times regardless of monetary compensation. Rather I have something else to ask, for my house is stretched thin fighting the Vespids.

I will commit to a multi-step investigation involving of the disappearances of your sector regardless of your response. I hope you would consider aiding with your own agents and perhaps together with house Tehrani we can secure something tangible which I may pass to my science teams to solve. In return, I beg you to come to my aid in fighting against the Vespid menace, my scientists have developed a countermeasure against the swarm, but it will be slow to disperse throughout the Imperium, and for now I need as many ships aiding my banner as possible so we may drive the beasts from the Imperium.

We have come a long way since the Sashaw Races my Lady, but your house and mine have something good in both TRAM and what I hope has been a friendly competition in starship design. I will not see you face this disappearance menace alone.

Duke Farid Saquar

The Freeholds
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reynold,

That is understandable good sir. Brash would be any leader who took fighting the Vespids lightly. But I greatly desire the aid of the Freeholds, both for the actual naval power and for the optics to end any lingering resentment that may be held amongst both our nobles and your people.

Tell me, what would ease this for them? My house would be willing to guarantee the financial replacement of any Freehold ships lost in the fighting against the Vespids in this conflict. Please understand that this would not be something that happens for any other conflict our Defensive Agreement calls on, but to ease into the agreement I could see its necessity.

Duke Farid Saquar

House Mertens
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent, I would like to purchase five cybran defense array sets.

Duke Farid Saquar

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

Carcho’s Aristocrat Stratagem

Councillor Stances

Based on inquiry, investigation and careful research, Carcho’s Aristocrat Stratagem has developed a guide to the political stance of the Zaqaru Council. Composed of five councillors and an advisor, they have a large impact on noble legal matters. Currently the advisor role is unfilled. They each vote on law changes, with the King himself having a vote and serving as tiebreaker. In addition, they advise the Restored King Nabuna Zaqaru on all matters in the Zaqaru Kingdom. To know who to best address concerning issues, it is worthwhile to know what stance each has. Carcho’s Aristocrat Stratagem uses five stances.

Loyalist A Loyalist councillor are strongly dedicated to the ruler, serving to the best of their ability. They are expected to support their liege in all actions and votes, unless directly detrimental to their own position.
    Pragmatist A Pragmatist councillor seeks practical, executable actions to bring power to the realm and themselves. They are more ready to support wars for reclaiming de-jure systems or systems once falling under Zaqaru rule. They may support wars against weak opponents. Such a councillor will object to consolidating power to vassals, believing in distributed power. They are likely to support revoking titles from vassals with more power than their title warrants.
    Glory Hound A Glory Hound councillor strongly supports actions that will bolster the image, reputation and glory of the realm. They will oppose attacking weak neighbours, but against more powerful opponents they care little for the reason as long as it will bring glory and strength to the realm. This type of councillor prefers a strong and centralized realm with a powerful leader.
    Zealot A Zealot councillor strives for certain ideals and wishes to make them reality. They will constantly chase their ideals and seek to make them part of the realm’s values. Realms which oppose their ideals are considered the primary war target of such councillors and they will readily accept aggressive action against nobles with ideals antagonistic to their own ideals.
    Malcontent A Malcontent councilor is unhappy with the current rule of the realm and its situation or may hold a personal grudge. While they keep to their duties, they will debate sharply against the ruler’s will and oppose changes unless directly in their favour.

Zaqaru Council

Zealot

Loyalist

Years ago, Grand Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru fulfilled the Council position of Grand Admiral. With Patience he has waited until he could fill it once more after the abdication of Robot Unicorn Princess Ninu Zaqaru. Known for upholding etiquette and past diplomatic actions as delegated by the former Grand Diplomat, he is experienced. Honest in truthfulness, he serves Restored King Nabuna Zaqaru as Loyalist councilor, very pleased that the long and stable reign of his liege resulted in the restoration of the Zaqaru Kingdom while they valiantly fight off Vespids for the Imperium.

Zealot

Grand Admiral Sacesu is besides a strategic leader a connoisseur in the finery of noble live and makes tactical decisions on the battlefield as well as the menu, marking his Gluttony. Whether on the battlefield or in the debate hall, he uses all at his disposal to outwith feudal enemies, stalwartly defending the superioty of the aristocracy with Zeal. He is a Feudalist Zealot.

Pragmatist

Little information Earl Nebtate Memphem is known, though it is generally accepted she is a Shy person. For as far as anybody can tell, she is a Pragmatist.

Glory Hound

Loyalist

Grand Scientist Caksya Gupta takes to her tasks with Diligence. She takes to her duties in seriousness, not known to attend parties or the like, having a Temperate lifestyle. Recently she has become a Loyalist councillor to Restored King Nabuna Zaqaru, as rumours tell she has been granted the favour of the King within the Council to further develop her position, instilled by recent shocking revelations regarding certain fleets possessing massive power through technology. Zaqaru is not a scientific Kingdom and Grand Scientist Caksya Gupta looks with Envy at those with far greater research capacity.

Pragmatist

Loyalist

Seeking practical solutions to challenges and problems, Grand Administrator Yaadus Emit fulfills his office with Diligence. He is more concerned with optimising efficiency instead of audacious projects, and seeks for realistic plans, a mark of his Temperance. During the long time Grand Administrator Yaadus Emit was in office, the Restored King Nabuna Zaqaru recreated the Zaqaru Kingdom and reigned long and stable. This has made Grand Administrator Yaadus Emit a Loyalist councillor.

Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Show

Deal.

I will send the 10 shipments of equipment your way and look forward to gain the assistance of your [3 scientists].

However, you have not explicitly mentioned the amount of equipment suffices, nor if the Orca Bombers are unneeded. Please confirm this is the case. Should you on the other hand need more equipment, I can make available to you the limited Multiphase Barriers in stock.

Between the Fire Contol Modules, the Starburst Autocannon and the Multiphase Barriers I can add an additional 10 shipments of military equipment total, should you have an additional 3 Universities available.

Just out of curiosity as a scientist, what is NovOps?

In addition I must point out our Fire Control Modules are modular in nature and can be fitted onto any spacecraft near the size of a Carrier. While Zaqaru's largest class is fully composed out of Carriers, I believe such is not the case for House Greenflame, hence why I am pointing it out.

Yours sincerely,

11. - Top - End - #521

PaladinGuy

House Greenflame

Enigma 7

Players

House Zaqaru
    Spoiler
    Show
    Glad to hear it,

As to the balance of equipment, as much focus on carrier fire control as possible, as that will greatly benefit our own fighter fleet against the swarmers. Unfortunately We, like much of the imperium, are at orca bomber capacity.

NovOps is shorthand for Starnova Operations, our military science organization. They supply science officers to navy ships and oversee the integration and maintenance of the latest military technologies.

NPCs

House Ytterbus
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have something of a proposal for you my lady. Could we meet in person once again?

Duke Farid Saquar

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Show

While the offered shipments are skewed towards Starburst Autocannons, rest assured, these armaments are an ideal match to any fighter fleet. Zaqaru has used them with great effect against the Vespids in the past years. I will send along instructors so your pilots will known well how to use them most effectively.

Thank you for explaining what NovOps stands for. A wise decision and I am glad to see House Greenflame taking scientific matters so seriously and creating organizations to that benefit.

As you confirmed Orca Bombers are unneeded, you did not state whether you are interested in more, therefore I assume you do not. I will ensure 4 shipments of Fire Control Modules and 6 shipments of Starburst Autocannons are sent to House Greenflame immediately, along with instructors, and expect to meet with the Greenflame scientists as soon as possible to start researching.

Yours sincerely,

13. - Top - End - #523
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: TRAM
    Show

House Starosta: We can contribute [5 University] to the continued research of the Vespid.
    House Vastadd: We are also willing to provide [5 University] for our joint efforts.

(OOC: You got partway through the next archive.)

Spoiler: The Liness Strategy Meeting [House Kelse, House Jinks, House Ytterbus, House Laramy, House Greenflame, Exiles Consortium, Primogenisis]
    Show

The consensus seems to be that at least [90 Fleet] are needed to counter the next wave. With at least another [30 Fleet] needed for a solid push into the Vespid occupied space. With more being better.

Show
    Duke Lonestar brings up a starchart, "The gates in [-02, 15] are all infested, and that is where the majority of the Vespid swarm is currently. There is also a major force in [-02, 14], as well as the occasional Vespid slipping through our blockades into the rest of Ashvale."

The Excagon representative speaks up, "My house will provide aid of course, but our focus is on providing advisors. We would work best by combining our efforts with those of the other houses."

House Greenflame
    Spoiler: House Tehrani [Enigma: 6]
    Show
    Duke Farid Saquar,

We will provide what we can, but we are not a primarily military house.

Duke Omid Tehrani

Spoiler: House Starosta [Enigma: 5]
    Show
    Duke Farid Saquar,

Your aid is appreciated. We will commit [5 Fleet] to your efforts against the Vespid.

Duchess Maldeen Starosta

Spoiler: The Freeholds [Enigma: 4]
    Show
    Duke Saquar,

The Freeholds aren't mercenaries. We don't need payment to help, but if you want to prove your commitment there are things money can't buy. All your fancy toys for one. If you provide the designs for some of your latest naval weaponry I can convince some of the hardliners of your sincerity. And we'll have more potent fleets to send you.

Reynold

Spoiler: House Mertens [Enigma: 6]
    Show
    We shall prepare the shipments immediately.

Spoiler: House Ytterbus [Enigma: 5]
    Show
    Certainly, I will arrange a rendezvous point.

House Zaqaru
    Spoiler: House Sansone [Enigma: 5]
    Show
    Grand Admiral Sacesu Kemar,

So far we have seen no indication of the Vespids infesting the gates. However we will continue to be vigilant and prevent them from gaining a hold on the Akkadu Sector. Unfortunately we have no tactical information to provide at this time as our research efforts on the captured Vespid are only just starting.

Duke Stephano Sansone

Spoiler: House Lacross [Enigma: 5]
    Show

I thank you for your offer. I will gladly reciprocate with my own findings on the Vespid we have captured. I cannot make any guarantees given their alien nature, but hopefully we will at least come up with a better way to kill them.

Sincerely,
    Duke Menard Lacross

Spoiler: House Yuliya [Enigma: 3]
    Show
    Grand Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru,

Where would you be building these colonies?

Earl Domenica Yuliya
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2020-03-02 at 11:33 AM.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground

Carcho’s Aristocrat Stratagem

The Restored King Nabuna Zaqaru’s abdication is a decade away, and in the past year the interest for the Royal Succession has waned, as Crown Prince Amsumur remains favourite amongst the Councillors. However, with this being the first Royal Succession in ages and the abdication of three of the Councillors in five years time, interest in the Royal Succession is expected to soar. In the meantime, Carcho’s Aristocrat Stratagem once again presents information ion on the Zaqaru Princes and Princesses for your enjoyment.

Heir Apparent

Crown Prince Amsumur Zaqaru

Support

Inheritance Candidates

Prince Sinma Zaqaru

Support

Responsible for finding the clues that led to the Quest for Zanadu as child, Prince Sinma Zaqaru even joined the expedition as teenager and played a critical role in the discovery of the Lost Fortress of Zanadu. Married to Ayanum Sibab, daughter of Earl Myli Sibab. During the journey he learned much of spacecraft and took that as focus in an Engineering study. His actions are Brave and he has the Patience to carry them through. He is used to the lavish life of a noble with Gluttony and remains restless as he Envies more and more. Perhaps this is the base of his Greedy streak.

Princess Ilith Zaqaru

Trained in the Military like her mother, Princess Ilith Zaqaru has a Fiesty attitude and has built a reputation of an Erudite. She covets the very best items with Greed and with Patience has built up a collection. Which is guarded well, as she is Paranoid that people will take what is hers.

Duchess Eshkit Zaqaru

Duchess Eshkit Zaqaru is younger sister to the Restored King Nabuna Zaqaru and married to Duke Menard Lacross after meeting at the Zaqaru Ball. She has a scientific interest and background, though is prone to lose interest in subjects and move on to the next stemming from a Slothful attitude. She has her Wrathful and Cruel outbursts, though her husband knows well how to take care of them, appealing to her Temperature nature.

Princess Puabi Zaqaru

Princess Puabi Zaqaru is the youngest sibling of the Restored King Nabuna Zaqaru. She is well versed in economy, happily married and without children. With a flirtatious behaviour, she is considered Lustful as she Enviously looks at other husbands. Like her brother, she is considered Just in matters of state, though she is a much stronger supporter of harsh punishment and an eye for an eye treatment, earning her a reputation as Wrathful and Cruel.

Princess Sili Zaqaru

Support

Daughter of Nocri Zaqaru, who becomes too old to take succeed and thus making her children candidates. Well versed in design and creation with an Engineering background, Princess Sili Zaqaru has previously applied that knowledge by Bravely participating in the Sashaw Race. However, she’s Shy with people in general, though places great Trust in her inner circle, with some she shares her refined taste for cuisine, showing a Gluttonous trait.

Princess Irsim Zaqaru

Daughter of Nocri Zaqaru, who becomes too old to take succeed and thus making her children candidates. Princess Irsim Zaqaru is educated in the Sciences with Passion and Diligence, though her passion described as ranting or raving as well. She cares little for it with a stoic Diligence and Boldly dives into even more dangerous fields of study. As long as she is not provoked in the field of science, she is a Kind person.

Duchess Litte Zaqaru

Daughter of Abus Zaqaru, who becomes too old to take succeed and thus making his children candidates. Duchess Litte Zaqaru is wife of Duke Ernst Berger, who she met at a Zaqaru Ball and with whom she has children, though they do not stand to inherit a Zaqaru title as they are recognised as part of the Berger dynasty. Trained in Diplomatic affairs, she supports her husband well in his rulership. She’s known to be a Proud woman, who Greedily looks at wealth, to which she has found a proper place in the Berger court. She enjoys the luxurious lifestyle it buys with Gluttony.

Crown Prince Amsumur Zaqaru

Support

Son of Abus Zaqaru, who becomes too old to take succeed and thus making his children candidates. Prince Amsumur Zaqaru has followed his Intelligence studies with due Diligence. Very Proud of his heritage and family, he believes in Honesty and Justice. Unlike many others of his family, he is known to be Charitable.

Prince Nidaadea Zaqaru

Support

Son of Abus Zaqaru, who becomes too old to take succeed and thus making his children candidates. He has a Military position and commands his troops with Fury. He’s a Chaste man, valuing married life and has several children. He enjoys his drinks with Gluttony, which at times combines poorly with his temper. Still, he upholds an Honest lifestyle.

Councillor Votes

I vote Princess Sili Zaqaru.

The relations between the Zaqaru Dynasty and House Gilkara are strong, but I believe they will flourish upon electing the mother in law of Duchess Nadris Gilkara. My second choice would be Prince Nidaadea Zaqaru for his Honesty is worthy of respect.

I support Prince Sinma Zaqaru.

His taste of the finer things in life, his Bravery in searching out the Fortress of Zanadu. Yes, this Prince is worthy of respect!

Prince Amsumur Zaqaru.

Diligent and Intelligence education put him at the top of my list.

My vote goes to Prince Amsumur Zaqaru.

His Diligence and Honesty are worthy of my respect. Possessing the additional quality of a sense of Justice, I believe he will make a good leader.

Currently I extend my vote to Nidaadea Zaqaru.

This is a difficult choice between Nidaadea Zaqaru and Sinma Zaqaru for me. Both I can share a good Dinner with and exchange ideas, which I appreciate. Sinma Zaqaru has done great things for Zaqaru, and Bravely so, but his lack of Military education which both myself and Nidaadea share make me chose Nidaadea Zaqaru for now.

Zaqaru

Vespid Crusade Coalition
    • Zaqaru
    • House Lacross
    • House Voss
    • House Lonestar
    • Excagon Family
    • House Gilkara
    • House Okeke
    • House Arnos
    • House Berger
    • Triune Pact
    • House Marguerite
    • Democratic Collective of the People

Enigma 7

Show
    Grand Admiral Sacesu Kemar nods to Duke Lonestar. “Thank you, Duke Lonestar.” He acknowledges as he turns to the Excagon representative. “Naturally. Zaqaru would be happy to have military advisors of Excagon against the Vespids threat. Would Excagon scientists and Lonestar scientists be willing to cooperate on the infested gates?” Grand Admiral Sacesu Kemar looks, but also addresses another question to the other parties gathered.

“May we all continue to assist, in whatever way each of us can, to rid the Rayview Sector of Vespids. Our ways are threatened and if we do not contain the threat here, it will spread. Let us crush it here, so that the Houses in Rayview are then free to assist against the Vespids in other sectors. Agreed?”

Spoiler: House Sansone
    Show
    Dear Duke Stephano Sansone,

I am very glad that the Vespids are not infesting the gates and that you will remain vigilant in your defense. Zaqaru will continue to fight against the Vespids and I am happy you take your duty so seriously. Should anything happen or insights be gained regarding the Vespids, I look forward to intelligence. The Vespids in the Rayview Sector are currently contained, but further action will be required to ensure they remain so.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Lacross
    Show
    Dear Duke Menard Lacross,

I fully understand. May we both be successful against the Vespids. I trust your dedication to science to at least be able to glean more of their alien nature as you study them and look forward to any findings.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Yuliya
    Show
    Dear Earl Domenica Yuliya,

A single colony for Zaqaru in the Dimarq system. Given it takes the efforts of [4 Industry] to create a single Zaqaru colony, I do not expect House Yuliya’s contribution to yield multiple colonies, only cover part of the construction costs, hence the request for materials and goods, as Zaqaru supplies colonists.

However, I believe that offering you industrial equipment, of three different types per industry contributed, will be of great use to House Yuliya to increase profits in the years to follow afterwards, giving you additional means to tackle the challenges ahead.

Should you find the offer worthwhile, I look forward to how much industries you wish to dedicate to the agreement.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Mirza
    Show
    ]Dear Count Toma Mirza,

Congratulations on your ascension to Count on behalf of myself and Zaqaru! A well deserved title, indeed. I admit to being envious to your newfound reputation, however I am very pleased I could play my part in uplifting a noble man such as yourself. The Imperium is certainly better off for it.

Know that Zaqaru continues to wish you well and a fellow Councillor of Zaqaru has approached me for introductions. Allow me introduce Grand Scientist Caksya Gupta. She is very impressed by the scientific capacity House Mirza now has available. A hard working member of the Zaqaru Council, she wishes well upon the scientific advances in the Imperium. Though I think she is jealous of your scientific capacity growth! I believe she has a worthwhile proposal for you and I advice you to at least take her words into consideration.

Good luck, and should you need any advice or help, please reach out to me! I know I will reach out to you in matters of Imperial bureaucracy when needed!

Yours sincerely,

Dear Count Toma Mirza,

I offer you my congratulations on becoming a Count. I have heard many good things from you from Grand Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru. Your system is truly a beacon of innovation in the Dracwick star cluster! May it continue to shine brightly.

I personally seek great assistance in a research project of my own, which you are now well equipped for. While I could use help, I believe I can offer something valuable in return too. Therefore, I wish to make a bold proposal.

Offer to Zaqaru the full support of your House in the upcoming five years and in exchange, House Mirza will acquire enough equipment to turn each of your Universities into Super Prototypes! Using those, your technological edge will the greatest in all of the Dracwick star cluster, and you will demand respect throughout the Whitewynne Sector.

However, I must ask for you to take a leap of faith in the name of science. I cannot tell over these channels which equipment or which type will be delivered, as I do not wish for any competitors to be any wiser on the means at my disposal. I know I ask a lot, but in turn, House Mirza stands to gain a lot.

Do you accept my proposal, Count Toma Mirza?

Yours sincerely,