Thread: TW: Imperium IC

1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: TW: Imperium IC

The Democratic Collective of the People

Spoiler: To Vastadd, using FL to keep untraceable
    Show
    A flash of disappointment can be seen on more than one face in the room as Constantin explains the lack of conquest intended, but First Equal reveals no such emotion.

"This is agreeable to us, fully. So long as your people are treated well and our interests continue to align, I can see a long and fruitful relationship between your house and the Collective. Your interest in cooperation is admirable, though we do worry that it may lead you to be more forgiving of the excesses of your noble 'cousins.' That said, we cannot hold you accountable for hypothetical future actions, so today we celebrate."

Constantin's careful approach to the food is matched by the Advisors and First Equal, and met with approval by the same.
    Last edited by JBarca; 2019-03-29 at 09:37 AM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Earl Severin to House Greenflame [Enigma 3]
    Show
    Five in the Algiers system.

Spoiler: Zaqaru Ball
    Show

Spoiler: Earl Varrais de Pantou and Meta Zaqaru
    Show
    "Certainly you may announce it."

Spoiler: Earl Ninki Eshnuk and Duke Abolar Zaqaru
    Show
    Earl Eshnuk considers for a long time and finally says, "If you are so certain that the Sansone will not enter Dimarq then you have my oath. But if the fighting occurs in Dimarq as I fear, then I will withdraw it, and I require a guarantee that you will pay my earldom enough to settle a new planet in Dimarq regardless of who wins the war."

Spoiler: House Greenflame/Zaqaru OOC
    Show
    Remember House Greenflame needs to actually declare war in order to be involved. Also war goals can't be added after the fact. There would need to be a second war.

Side Note: Ships don't have warp drives. The warp gates take care of all FTL.

Spoiler: The Shadda Cabal to House Berger [Enigma: Still Too High For Mere Mortals.
    Show
    ]There are SHortcuts and then there are Holes in Spaace. We cann show you how to thread the needle young duke. Do you wish the carefully tended path or the gaping maw.

We have Great Relics and powerFul devices. Missiles to hurl through the Void and cutting Fury to slice open your foes. For a price. The goods of five worlds to be delivered to Uss.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2019-03-29 at 04:55 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

House Greenflame

Enigma 4

House Greenflame, in support of our new allies House Zaqaru, declare war on House Sasone. We support the war goal of the Zaqaru Annexation of the Gade System and the Restoration of Honor.

Players

The Zaqaru Ball
    Spoiler
    Show

Abolar and Farid
    Spoiler
    Show
    “Very well Duke Zaqaru, we will speak again soon, and my cousin Arda will depart with the fleet shortly.”

House Berger
    Spoiler
    Show
    Duke Berger,

I of course understand, especially with the closest warp lane between our houses twisting through Voss territory. Perhaps in future years one of my confidants can visit by a more circuitous route to exchange the data. For now I wish you good fortune in your war.

NPCs

Earl Severin
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are blessed with a large system Earl Severin. I will guarantee your independence and send the resources to develop it. We shall speak again soon.

Be it so know that House Greenflame has guaranteed the house of Severin of the Algiers System ((8, -8)) for a period of 25 year. Any attack made against them will face the wrath and retribution of the Haytham Fleet.

Duke Farid Saquar

GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    How much prestige will it cost for a guarantee?

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: To House Greenflame [OOC
    Show
    ]I'll put the initial cost at 5 prestige since you are guaranteeing a system. You can put up more to put more of your honor on the line.

Also just so we are all clear you'll need to spend 25 prestige on the war since it is unilateral.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Show
    The conversation between Meta Zaqaru and Earl Varrais de Pantou comes to an end, Meta leaving content.

Spoiler: Duke Abolar Zaqaru and Earl Ninki Eshnuk
    Show
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru wavers for a moment, rethinking what he said.

[OOC] Previous post was made based on the wrong assumption the earl would become my vassal this turn, trying to correct myself.[/OOC]

“The Sansones will not pass Dimarq, that I am certain of, as I will stop them if they try. However, I doubt it will be necessary as I believe they would rather defend their fortresses in the time to come.”

“Should they send an attack force and you remain neutral, then even a victorious battle may lead to a stalemate in Dimarq. Join me and I can move the frontline forward and pressure the following combat to be about Gade, which will be won.”

“Therefore I wish for you to become my vassal for the years to come [OOC: at least Turn 2] and after the war is over, I will guarantee the reward within the decade. If the first battle over Dimarq is lost, you may choose not to join, but no reward will be given. If any later battles over Dimarq are lost, I understand if you withdraw and will still reward you. Is that acceptable?”

[OOC] Can earls control multiple colonies or will settling a new colony site always create a new earl?

Spoiler: House Greenflame
    Show
    Three contacts from Zaqaru are made with House Greenflame. Grand Admiral Elos Roshami, Grand Scientist Baresu Zaqaru and Grand Administrator Caksya Gupta each seek contact.

Grand Admiral Elos Roshami

Dear Arda Saquar Greenflame,

Zaqaru and House Greenflame will stand together against House Sansone. Coordination is vital, therefore I send you the two most likely scenarios and wish to know if you find them acceptable or see flaws in them. Please use the scenario name and talk in broad strokes, as we must consider your end of communications to be read by House Sansone.

I assume Sansone will be using its fleets, agencies and court for this war, as doing anything less would be foolish. Scenario Circle seems most likely, as House Sansone knows House Greenflame is joining the war and is likely to rely on its defensive capabilities as it has always done.

Yours sincerely,

Zaqaru war goal: Gade
    Sansone war goal: Abyre

Predicted Sansone forces: 13 fleets, 4 agencies, 3 court

Zaqaru forces: 10 fleets, 7 agencies
    Greenflame forces: 12 fleets, 1 court
    Total strength: 22 fleets, 7 agencies, 1 court

Scenario Square

Zaqaru fleets and Sansone fleets are sent out to claim the war target. Sansone keeps a defensive fleet to protect Gade. Zaqaru and Sansone forces meet each other at the Arkech-Dimarq stargate and do battle. During the Arkech-Dimarq battle, Greenflame forces can move through Champseau and strike at Gade.

Expected Result
    As Sansone will need to split forces between offense and defense, it is unlikely either force stands up to either Zaqaru or Greenflame forces. Victory is obtained in the Zaqaru-Sansone battle and the Greenflame-Sansone battle.

Scenario Circle

House Sansone relies on its strength: defense. All forces defend Gade. This allows both Zaqaru and Greenflame to work together and siege Gade.

Analysis
    Agencies: 7 Zaqaru agencies versus 4 Sansone agencies leads to 3 disabled Sansone fleets.
    Fleets: 15.6 Sansone fleet strength (13 fleets - 3 disabled + 3 court + 20% defense) versus 23 Zaqaru-Greenflame fleet strength (10 Zaqaru fleets + 12 Greenflame fleets + 1 Greenflame court)

Expected Result
    The combined might of the Zaqaru and Greenflame forces overwhelm Sansone forces, despite their defensive bonus.

Opportunity
    Up to 6 Zaqaru fleets can be kept in reserve to further weaken Sansone systems beyond Gade, leading to 15.6 Sansone fleet strength versus 17 Zaqaru-Greenflame fleet strength.

Grand Scientist Baresu Zaqaru

Dear Duke Farid Saquar Greenflame,

I contact you to discuss research subjects. Depending on information given, I have selected several projects which may be of interest to you. If you desire another project, do not hesitate to provide ideas. I strongly urge you to keep to high level, abstract suggestions, as your cryptographic capabilities are primitive. Keep to the project names, instead of their specifics, when sending your choice.

Yours sincerely,
    Grand Scientist Baresu Zaqaru

Project Blue
    Anti-subsystem Plasma Bombers

The bombers of Zaqaru are effective against capital ships, unleashing a devastating plasma bomb. These can be further improved by adding pinpoint precision to them and increasing the bomb’s explosiveness when targeting specific vital parts. This not only allows them to disable subsystems of vessels, but to strike at specific facilities of the Sansone ground forces, but also target specific turrets of their defenses.

Prototype: Zaqaru bomber fleet equipped with anti-subsystem plasma bomb launchers. The fleet is supported by a carrier.

Blueprint: Anti-subsystem Plasma Bombers, a fighter squadron. If added to a fleet lacking carriers, it is assumed a large ship will be repurposed to serve as makeshift carrier.

Project Yellow
    Ion Cannon Frigates

Given the Sansone defenses, more firepower is useful to break through their fortresses and defenses. Powerful ion cannon technology will enable this. A frigate chassis based around a large ion cannon, fires a powerful ion beam to break through any defense and cause severe damage.

Prototype: Ion Cannon Frigate fleet.

Blueprint: Ion Cannon Frigates, a detachment of anti-capital frigates.

Future advances: Ion cannon turrets for larger vessels.

Project Green
    Maintenance Carriers

As House Greenflame lacks dedicated carriers due to a lack of fighter-based forces and a desire for dedicated carriers was made, this is one of the options to make carriers more attractive an addition.

Maintenance Carriers are carriers with a module dedicated towards logistics, storing ammunition and reserve parts to allow any other part of the fleet to stay in the battlefield longer. They can more effectively repair fighters and frigates or send out crew and shuttles to super capital ships, such as the Greenflame cruisers.

Prototype: Carrier equipped with a Carrier Maintenance Module with a standard Zaqaru fleet, composed of interceptors, bombers and torpedo frigates.

Blueprint: Carrier Maintenance Module, upgrading existing carriers with improved maintenance or adding a carrier with said module to a fleet lacking a carrier.

Project Red
    Fire Control Carriers

As House Greenflame lacks dedicated carriers due to a lack of fighter-based forces and a desire for dedicated carriers was made, this is one of the options to make carriers more attractive an addition.

Fire Control Carriers are carriers with a module dedicated to oversight and control over a radius around the carriers, increasing battle efficiency within range. Advanced computers track targets and allies, enabling commanders a better overview of the battle and coupling with other ship systems to coordinate assaults more effectively.

Prototype: Carrier equipped with a Carrier Fire Control Module with a standard Zaqaru fleet, composed of interceptors, bombers and torpedo frigates.

Blueprint: Carrier Fire Control Module, upgrading existing carriers with the ability to better coordinate and lead combat or adding a carrier with said module to a fleet lacking a carrier.

Grand Administrator Caksya Gupta

To get straight to business, do you wish to receive the requested goods by transport or do you instead wish for colonisers to be sent? Considering the requested research, it is obvious you intend to use the goods to create new colony sites. Merely point out the systems and colony sites and I can send a colonisation effort, which will be more efficient than the mere goods.

Yours sincerely,
    Grand Administrator Caksya Gupta
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-23 at 01:41 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Show

Show
    Earl Eshnuk gives the duke a calculating look. "So you want my earldom as a base for your forces. And have you considered that of course that would make them a military target and the Sansone will be well within their rights to destroy my lands to deny you a staging point. Maybe if you could garantuee my defense, but you seem far too ambivalent about that."

"I will only agree if you make an oath that you will fund the colonization of a second planet within the decade, and will pay reparations for any damage as well as lost income."

OOC: An earl can have more than one site, but they'll probably work towards becoming a count as soon as they have more than half the sites in the system.

Spoiler: House Sansone to House Voss [Enigma 5]
    Show
    Dear Duchess,

As you no doubt have learned House Greenflame has made common cause with the Zaqaru dynasty to attack us. And while I feel confident in repelling the disreputable Zaqarus there is no denying that the Greenflames are not to be trifled with. As such I propose that you use your unique position to blockade access to the stellar arm on which both my house and the Zaqaru reside in order to ensure our dispute can be settled without interference.

In return I pledge twenty five years of House Sansone's production capacity as well as aid against House Berger once my own war is finished regardless of the outcome.

Duke Stefano Sansone
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2019-03-30 at 05:17 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

House Berger
    Enigma 5

Show

Spoiler: Ernst Berger to Litte Zaqaru
    Show

"Those terms seem acceptable. I'll make the necessary preparations for our wedding. As to the Zaqaru advisers, I'll be in contact with them as soon as this ball is over."

Spoiler: Emma Berger to Nabuna Zaqaru
    Show
    "Depends on what you mean by 'most vital'. The centerpiece is a specimen white oak, but I'd argue the soil to be the most vital part - one can't get far with low quality soil."

NPCs

Spoiler: Shadda Cabal
    Show
    All of this is to my interest, but alas, the budget has been already drafted. I will be in contact again in the next few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstipidfighte View Post
    Pahvi, if this is serious, you are a god among men.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Show
    Spoiler: Duke Abolar Zaqaru and Earl Ninki Eshnuk
    Show
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru frowns for a moment, then takes a reassuring look. “I did not mean to come across as ambivalent regarding your defense. On the contrary, it is exactly your defense that has my priority, as I seek to prevent a long drawn out battle in Dimarq.”

“However, I cannot promise there to be no initial fighting in Dimarq, no matter how much I wish to prevent it, for there is a chance the Sansones will not rely on their renowned strategy of letting their enemy break on their defenses. Still, if they chose to fight, then I am confident to win, which means I can protect the Eshnuk holdings from any wish the Sansones would have to destroy your holding. After the ball, you will soon learn why I am confident, as I have gained a powerful advantage in the time to come.”

“Given your fear of destruction, I find it remarkable you ask for colonisation within the decade, as half of it is the least this war will last. How about the following. I promise to fund the colonization of a second planet in Dimarq after the war and will pay reparations for any damage done as well as lost income, should you become my vassal as I win the battle over Dimarq or Gade in the upcoming years. Should I suffer defeat in a battle over Dimarq in the five years to come, you may consider the deal void. Will that work?”

[OOC]So that means as soon as an earl becomes a count, they must grant any colony sites outside their capital to new earls?

Also, just to be clear, Duke Abolar Zaqaru effectively suggests that Ealr Ninki Eshnuk becomes a vassal as result of EoT 1 after a Zaqaru victory over Dimarq or Sansone not fighting over Dimarq this turn.

Show

Dear Arda Saquar Greenflame,

Intelligence reports indicate House Sansone has requested aid from House Voss, to blockade the Haytham Fleet from reaching Sansone territory. No response has been transmitted. Considering the expected result, I hope House Voss is swayed by their current conflict to not accept House Sansone’s current offer. They offer twenty five years of their trade and aid against House Berger after the war despite the outcome in return.

This unfortunately opens a new potential scenario, Scenario Triangle, described below. Please inform you how you would deal with a blockade, though remember House Sansone is likely to intercept replies.

Yours sincerely,

Scenario Triangle

Zaqaru fleets and Sansone fleets are sent out to claim the war target. Sansone attacks full force. Zaqaru and Sansone forces meet each other at the Arkech-Dimarq stargate and do battle. During the Arkech-Dimarq battle, Greenflame forces can move towards the war goal, but are blockaded by House Voss at the Akkadu sector border.

Note that the blockade may not be at the Akkadu sector border, but one system further (9\-5), preventing taking an alternative path through the central sector.

Expected Result
    With the full forces of Sansone, the Zaqaru forces as previously indicated will face defeat. House Greenflame will be blockaded by House Voss. As House Greenflame and House Voss are not at war, House Greenflame’s forces will return and their effort will be wasted for the years to come. In addition, all payments to House Greenflame will not be able to reach their destination due to the blockade.

Spoiler: House Berger
    Show
    Dear betrothed,

I thought I would share with you some information that caught my attention and may be of interest to you. House Sansone has requested House Voss to blockade House Greenflame from reaching House Sansone. In return, they are willing to yield their entire production for the coming two and a half decade to House Voss, and more notably, they are willing to aid House Voss in the war against House Berger, no matter whether they win or lose their own war. Thought you would like to know in advance. I will keep you informed of what I can learn of House Voss’ reply.

Best wishes,
    Your fiancée

Spoiler: House Voss
    Show
    Dear Duchess Brechtje Voss,

It has come to my attention that House Sansone seeks your aid to block the Haytham fleet. I seek swift justice against Sansones. Therefore, I ask that you not interfere and let the Greenflame forces through without impediment, so they can support my righteous cause.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-23 at 01:41 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

House Berger
    Enigma 5

Spoiler: Zaqaru Dynasty
    Show
    I appreciate the warning. I'll ensure that the war will be swift.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstipidfighte View Post
    Pahvi, if this is serious, you are a god among men.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Show
    Earl Eshnuk nods, "That is acceptable."

OOC: You can control more than one colony site. It's just advantageous to give extras to earls.

Spoiler: House Voss to the Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma 6]
    Show
    Duke Zaqaru,

You speak of justice, but my house is already facing a grave injustice. Duke Berger seeks to direct attention away from his own wrongs by persecuting his own sister while simultaneously profiting from a war he has no chance of losing. Will you help my house deal with this problem? As House Sansone have promised a not insubstantial fortune to do.

Regards,
    Duchess Brechtje Voss
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2019-03-31 at 11:50 AM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Show

I offer to assist with peace negotiations. As is clear, House Berger does not trust House Voss. With another party at the table to stand guarantee, I am sure an accord can be reached.

It is my honest belief that this offer will prove of more use to you than the Sansone promise. I sincerely doubt they can live up to the promise. Once Gade is no longer theirs, neither is their privilege to unconditionally send goods through the system. In addition, I would like to point out that setting up a blockade will draw forces away from the problem you are currently facing. It may lead also to further problems in the future, as it would at the very least strain your relations with House Greenflame.

Therefore, I hope you will decide to go with my offer.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru

Show
    “Dearly invited,” Meta Zaqaru’s voice sounds through the side ballroom where a lot of the noble teenagers are dancing under supervision of their parents. “The next song to dance on is for a lovely pair of dancers, whom I am thrilled to announce are planned to marry in six years. May I give the floor to Rostac de Pantou and my granddaughter, Sidad Zaqaru!”

The melodious tones of the music start, the light shifts and a beam centers on the two, Rostac and Sidad, two dancers, two teenagers. Rostac a late teenager at nineteen years and Sidad younger, at seventeen years old. Rostac de Pantou is son of Earl Varrais de Pantou, Earl in the Champseau system. The betrothal is an obvious sign towards the future vassalage of Earl Varrais de Pantou. The two start their dance, the beam of light following them for the first round. When the couple dances close to Meta Zaqaru, Sidad glares at her for a moment. Not so much for the betrothal, as she seems to enjoy the dance with Rostac, but for pressuring them in the center of attention like this. After the first round, the light dims, no longer directing everybody’s attention at the couple.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-03-31 at 03:13 PM. Reason: typo, added piece about the Zaqaru Ball

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: House Voss to Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma 6]
    Show
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru,

If you can arrange peace between our houses within the next year, then we would be most grateful. Otherwise our strategists estimate that House Berger will do so much damage that the war will be over anyway and House Voss will suffer grievously. In which case material support would be more useful to us.

I would welcome your efforts in this however I hold little hope for them as House Berger has already categorically rejected our attempt at negotiation and to be frank they stand to gain greatly from a war while peace gets them nothing they couldn't also gain from war.

Regards,
    Duchess Brechtje Voss
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2019-03-31 at 04:05 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Show
    "While having a family is something I do hope for, I am here for a Partner to face the challenges of life with. I want someone who I can trust with my secrets and will always be behind, or in front, of me. As for what my brother wants, that is of little concern to me. If he gains a strong ally out of it, then so be it. His skill in politics is why he was chosen as the heir after all. I am more concerned about my own future, and if you would have me, yours."

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Show

I consulted my Grand Admiral and his analysis does not match your strategists estimations. Rather, he thinks a long protracted war to be likely. If you believe the war to last only the upcoming years, than I am afraid my offer will be of little use. Peace negotiations rarely last a year, unless with negotiation partners who are keen to make peace, which you already indicated House Berger to not be. However, should my Grand Admiral’s analysis turn out to be correct, know my offer stands.

[OOC] While peace negotiations sound great to roleplay, I do not wish to further delay the current End of Turn.[/OOC]

Given my own war, I find myself lacking in the capability to offer material support. Given what you say about House Berger, I would advise caution with accepting the Sansone offer. House Greenflame may desire to force through any blockade put up. Should House Berger be as opportunistic as you say, it seems they will want to make use of the opportunity to make House Voss suffer from two battlefronts.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: House Voss to Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma 6]
    Show
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru

However if we allow Greenflame to pass then your war will be over. That must be worth more to you than simply a willingness to offer a neutral negotiator.

Regards,
    Duchess Brechtje Voss

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Show

Just as yourself, I am at war and find my resources tied up to that cause. The same naturally applies to House Greenflame, but if they cannot reach their war target, they would have a fleet remained unused and they may need to shift their target to whatever is preventing them from reaching their goal. I am sure House Berger would be thrilled at the prospect, therefore I suggest you not give him such reason to.

Please let me know whether you are willing to accept my offer as neutral negotiator. Or, if you have any alternative suggestions not requiring resources dedicated to the war, I am certainly interested to listen to them.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru

Show

I am currently in a conversation with Duchess Brechtje Voss to prevent a blockade which would block your forces from reaching the war goal and block my payment to your House. I am having little success so far and Grand Admiral Roshami has not received any word from Arda Saquar regarding the proposed battle scenarios, or how the blockade is intended to be dealt with.

I look forward to your involvement and reply, for otherwise all indications are the blockade will be a reality and I will be forced to base my strategy on the both the Haytham fleet not reaching Gade and trade routes incapable of reaching House Greenflame.

Considering that scenario, I must ask. Would you be willing to declare war on the blockaders, if not now, then in the years to come?

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru

17. - Top - End - #77

PaladinGuy

House Greenflame

Enigma 4

House Zaqaru
    Spoiler
    Show

Admiral Roshami,

The Haytham fleet will make all haste to the battlefield, with your latest intel we will believe the original plan presented is still the best option, we will assume scenario square and await your signal. Should our fleet be interrupted in transit, we will simply run the blockade. I will not have my fleet fire the first shot, leave the actual act of war to those who would block us.

That leaves the blockade fleet three options:
    1. Not blockade in the first place. - Avoids a diplomatic incident, as well as potential war.
    2. Blockade and not fire upon Haytham - A diplomatic insult against them to be sure, but no loss for them.
    3. Blockade and fire upon Haytham - Unless the House of Steel has come out from isolation and supported them in full, they face utter defeat even with the first shot.

With regards to the researchers we will be pursuing something similar to your first proposal, and while House Greenflame appreciates your offer of flexibility, we will take the payment in trade.

Grand Admiral Arda Saquar

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Show

Your plan seems sound, except for one point. The second option seems flawed, as simply running the blockade seems not a real option for the cruisers of the Haytham Fleet. If House Voss blockades the warpgate with spaceships, then trying to run the blockade seems likely to require the cruisers to ram through.

Ramming a cruiser into another spaceship can hardly be called a diplomatic insult, but would sooner be taken as the first shot fired, or ramming in this case, an act of war without formal declaration, which I would advice nobody.

But perhaps I view this too simply and you have an alternative plan to run the blockade?

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru

19. - Top - End - #79

PaladinGuy

House Greenflame

Enigma 4

Players

House Zaqaru
    Spoiler
    Show

Lord Zaqaru,

While I believe your concerns are valid I think House Voss may blanch at the act of so clearly choosing a side in the conflict. I am certain my cousin would see it as an act of war and would give both of us very good cause for allying ourselves with House Berger, leaving Voss almost comically surrounded. If they are smart, they will focus on their own conflict, and try to win, or at least lose as little as possible. I have no illusions about our... older ciphers, I am sure they will read this message. So I suppose the question is directed at them as well as rhetorical between us: Do they split their forces, to potentially double their fronts and triple thier enemies? Or keep to one front and focus their forces?

Admiral Arda Saquar

NPCs

House Voss,
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have been told by Duke Zaqaru that you have been asked to blockade my fleet. I wonder if you are intending cede to this request, as I have invested a great deal in this alliance will not take its interruption lightly.

Regards,
    Duke Farid Saquar,
    Master of the Grand Marquis

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru Ball

The Zaqaru Ball is a resounding success, with a huge attendance of the noble houses and even a non-noble house in attendance. Dances, lively moments, conversation, drinks, food, the best of the best for the very best. As the evening turns into night and night gives rise to the light of morning, the last of the guests leave the ballrooms of Erit Palace. Guests stay for the night in wealthy accommodation or make their way to the spaceport to return to their luxurious spaceships to make their way home.

The faster spaceships may catch sight at the Abyre stargate of moving warships. The carriers with the interceptors and bombers of the Zaqaru fleet, accompanied by torpedo frigates.

Spoiler: Zaqaru Ball (Enigma 7)
    Show
    When Saundri Arnos leaves the ball, a servant approaches her and offers the gift of a golden rose set with glittering diamonds and a note.

Spoiler: Saundri Arnos (Enigma 7)
    Show
    “Thank you for the dance, I greatly appreciated it. I look forward to our next dance and a life together. - Nabuna”

When Emma Berger, cousin to the Berger Duke, leaves the ball, a servant approaches her and offers the gift of a sparkling red ruby in the shape of a rose and a note.

Spoiler: Emma Berger (Enigma 7)
    Show
    “Thank you for the dance, I greatly appreciated it. - Nabuna”

When Alisa Vastadd, sister to the Vastadd Duchess, leaves the ball, a servant approaches her and offers the gift of a rose made of gleaming silver and a note.

Spoiler: Alisa Vastadd (Enigma 7)
    Show
    “Thank you for the dance, I greatly appreciated it. - Nabuna”

After the Zaqaru events, the fiancée of the heir ascendant, Nabuna Zaqaru, is announced:

Saundri of House Arnos

She was the first to dance with Nabuna Zaqaru on the ball. Already, Zaqaruan newspapers are filled with speculation where the marriage will be and how it will be like. There are rumours about what Saundri will be like as partner to Nabuna in the time to come. Her military past is pointed out as being of use in the current war, boosting morale of the Zaqaruan people.

Enigma 7

Spoiler: House Arnos
    Show
    With the marriage between close relatives of the faction leaders, Zaqaru invests 15 prestige in a non-agression pact, to last as long as the pair is a close relative to the faction leader, together in life or one of the two reaches the age of 80.

[OOC] With your permission, I would like to make a portrait for Saundri, as I have done to my characters. What ethnicity may I use for House Arnos? And are there any additional wishes?

Diamond rose source: https://abstract.desktopnexus.com/wallpaper/360445
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-23 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Other image host.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Enigma 5
    Spoiler: Zaqaru Dynasty
    Show
    House Arnos will also invest 15 Prestige in a Non-aggression pact
    OOC: Have her be Celtic in Ethnicity, Since I assume you are using CKII for your portrait generators. Also those of house Arnos have darker red hair and blue eyes.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: House Voss to Zaqaru Dynasty and House Greenflame [Enigma 6]
    Show
    Since you both seem keen on the matter we will address both of you. House Voss will agree not to hinder the free flow of ships in its cluster if both your noble houses agree to a non aggression pact to be backed by 10 prestige from each house with a reaffirmation every five years for at least 15 years.

Or If House Zaqaru and House Greenflame pledge to a contribute a total of no less than 10 naval squadrons to assist House Voss against House Berger within the next decade to be backed by 25 prestige from each house now, which will be returned upon the successful completion of the treaty.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Spoiler: House Voss and House Greenflame
    Show

I appreciate the offers you bring to the table, as it shows you are willing to think in alternative. Unfortunately I must admit that I cannot agree with either proposal, as Zaqaru is tied in obligations already, formed at the Zaqaru Ball. A desire for a non aggression pact should have been formulated earlier, because then you would have been able to present a candidate for Nabuna to marry.

It seems as though negotiations regarding this topic are going rough, as I realise I find myself with little to offer directly, as I am tied up in my own war. To that end, I consulted my council. Grand Agent Ayallal Attar had a proposal, which she will share with you on another channel. Again, I will caution you to make a choice we may all regret and ask that you accept this proposal.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru

Show

Allow me to introduce myself, I am Ayallal Attar, Grand Agent of the Zaqaru Council. Duke Abolar Zaqaru should have already informed you that I would be contacting you. I believe the two of you find yourself in a predicament, as neither side is willing to give much in current negotiations regarding the blockade.

So, I believe the matter should be tackled from another perspective. Let’s first look at one perspective, where you put up a blockade and prevent House Greenflame from reaching House Sansone. Then, House Sansone does not need to worry about House Greenflame’s forces and only has Zaqaru to deal with.

Now, there are two scenarios which can happen there. Either Zaqaru wins and is able to put up a blockade in a few years time, preventing House Sansone from paying you funds and sending aid in your war. The offered deal by Sansone does not look so good then, only allowing part of the funds to reach House Voss. But what if House Sansone wins? They pay up and provide you with aid! Looks fine, except for one thing.

In both scenarios, a blockade costs you forces, taking away from the Berger conflict. In addition, House Greenflame will still want to pass, so you might find yourself at war with not just House Berger, but House Greenflame as well. Naturally, House Sansone comes to your aid, but Zaqaru will hinder that effort, effectively making it a three to two conflict, which are not chances I would be happy to take.

So, the above is not new to you. I mentioned about another perspective. One I think you will find to have a certain attractiveness. What if you agreed with Sansone to put up a blockade, asking for immediate payment, which would arrive just as well, but the blockade is, well, not there. For reasons. Perhaps the ships could not make it from the Berger conflict, perhaps they got a wrong order, leading to some nameless responsible commander being fired, whatever the case.

There you are, no angry Duke Farid Saquar Greenflame or Duke Abolar Zaqaru and the risk of a large scale war. You received material aid, equal to what you would have gotten out of the deal if Zaqaru won had there been a blockade. And you can say to Duke Stefano Sansone that you tried.

So, what do you think of the proposed scheme?

Yours sincerely,
    Grand Agent Ayallal Attar of the Zaqaru Council
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-04-02 at 02:00 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: House Voss to House Greenflame and Zaqaru [Enigma 6]
    Show
    Dear Ayallal,

We agree. House Voss will not establish any blockades over the warp gates under its control.

Sincerely,
    Duchess Brechtje Voss

Spoiler: House Voss to House Sansone [Court Courier]
    Show
    As much as we would love to aid our Sansone neighbors House Greenflame and the Zaqaru have threatened to go to war with us if we do so. However their repeated refusals to form any sort of nonaggression pact have left us suspsicious of their ambitions for this sector.

So we have enclosed some notes on [Warp Gates: Alignment] that your scientists may find useful.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Noble Wedding

Wedding Hall

Amidst the stars, the fate of two souls are joined together in the sanctity of marriage. Nabuna Zaqaru, son of Duke Abolar Zaqaru, and Saundri Arnos, sister of Duke Raudos Arnos, meet each other once more amidst the beauty of the grandness in the Wedding Hall arranged for this occasion. As the many gathered, including many important young nobles, watch this momentous event, where two Houses are tied together in the bond of marriage, so too watch the people of Zaqaru and the Empire, as the highlight is publicly broadcast.

The orchestration is perfectly done, with music beautifully guiding the couple over the deep red carpet to the altar and laying silent as the faithful words are spoken. The gold and precious metals of the hall gleam while the stars shine brightly through the many intrinsicate windows, though none shine brighter than the precious diamond ring Nabuna puts around the finger of Saundri.

A great applause thunders and echoes through the hall as the couple turns to the masses and offer their smile and first kiss in marriage. The heir ascendant of Zaqaru is now married to the admiral of Arnos. Her presence alone commands respect and the strength and determination she shows at the wedding inspires the Zaqaruan people to the same.

While there are voices that claim Saundri is cruel and heartless, as she was in her military actions against pirates in her time as admiral, those voices remain remarkably quiet during the wedding.

After the wedding, the couple’s honeymoon is far from stereotypical. They both move to the Zaqaru-Sansone war frontline, to offer their skills in the combat to come.

The Married Couple
    Nabuna Zaqaru
    Saundri Arnos

Source wedding hall:
    http://lookbook.jupiterascending.com/intl/uk/
    http://lookbook.jupiterascending.com...Wedding-08.jpg
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-23 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Other image host.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

LYRAE

Spoiler: Earl Young and Amets
    Show

I will only require safe passage for the Wayward Fleet as well as your fealty. You should only commit whatever forces you can to the occupied systems once we secured them.
    I will send emissaries to consecrate our oaths. It is no slight should I not come personally, but the war has our person fully engrossed.
    Duke Athaia Kelse of Lyrae, Wayward Fleet Admiral

[PM]
    Spoiler: House Laramy
    Show

Athaia shakes his head, unconvinced. "I can't let the Jinks be a thorn on our side and sabotage all our efforts while we fight elsewhere, and there's no time to concoct a different plan to contain them.
    The only advantage we can press right now is our Fleet dwarfing theirs, and that I shall do."
    "This notwithstanding, my pledge stands. Should we remove Sebastian, there is no other claimant to the Throne Lyrae will recognize but Persephone."

Spoiler: House Vastadd
    Show

Fair Izabela, I was unfortunately unable to attend the Ball due to pressing affairs of state. I heard it was quite... smashing. I will endeavour to meet your person at a later date should the circumstances allow it. My kindest regards.
    Last edited by Andre; 2019-04-07 at 08:13 AM.
    The Pen is mightier than the Sword - when the message is written in Blood.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Show
    Dear betrothed,

House Voss has been persuaded to not blockade House Greenflame, though threats of war were involved. It seems unlikely that this has improved relations.

Best wishes,
    Your fiancée

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Turn 2

Military Affairs
    Two centuries of peace gone as if they had never been. That is the general sentiment around the empire in modern times. Even as the heart of the empire itself is engulfed in conflict as the Laramy civil war rages further conflagrations have spread across the eastern fringes.

In the north House Jinks and the Duchy of Lyrae have engaged in a war of ideals as the Lyreans attempt to bring the infamous Jinks cartels to justice. But their efforts have been stalemated by the expert strategy on the part of High Admiral Marcone Jinks.

Nearer to the heartland House Berger has engaged House Voss over the return of the fugitive Berger heiress, but they have been quite decivily beaten back by the combination of Voss military determination and ample use of operatives to cripple key Berger logistics networks.

The only war that has indeed been short and victorious as so many leaders promise is the one between the Zaqaru Dynasty and House Sansone. Calling upon the Greenflame armada the Zaqaru were able to overwhelm the Sansone defenders in open combat. Though rumors have it that the Sansones had a few tricks up their sleeves.

Lighter News
    Not every house has turned to war however. The Excagon family have engaged in a massive campaign to wine and dine literally every noble in the empire. Their perfectly attired family members have been seen in every fashionable event of the last few years always in exquisite fashion. With witty conversation and charming smiles the Excagon family are on everyone’s minds and more nobles that not claim to have close personal ties with one or more of their members.

The Common Folk
    Rumor has it that the Tatarus have become a little to assertive for the liking of their noble neighbors. A group of earls and counts has banded together to assert noble superiority and deal with the cartel of concubines before they can bend the entire region with their seductive whiles.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Turn 1

Duke Abolar Zaqaru congratulates the Newly Weds

Duke Ernst Berger
    Litte Zaqaru

Turn 2

Zaqaru Council

Baresu Zaqaru abdicates due to maximum age, resigning as Grand Scientist.
    Caksya Gupts transfers from the position of Grand Administrator to Grand Scientist.
    Shursun Byleuc is appointed as Grand Administrator.
    Ninki Eshnuk replaces Ningilga Zaqaru as Grand Diplomat.

Spoiler: Council
    Show

Grand Diplomat Ninki Eshnuk

Grand Diplomat Ninki Eshnuk is an Earl of 46 years old and is well versed in Diplomacy. In her conversation she is Patient. She is Trusting of her colleagues, who know of her Lustful streak, as well as her love for drinks, which has been described as Gluttonous.

Grand Admiral Elos Roshami is an Earl of 62 years old, having followed an Intelligence study. Well known to be Brave, he also has a Gregarious and Kind side. Whichever side of an argument he backs, he does so as a Zealous man and displays Wroth when things get intense.

Grand Agent Ayallal Attar

Grand Agent Ayallal Attar is Earl of 64 years old and well trained in Intelligence. She is considered to be a Lustful and Cruel type, but few have been able to provide substantial proof as she takes every precaution needed due to an incessant Paranoia. A strong rumour circulates she is in this position because she was Envious of the previous holder.

Grand Scientist Caksya Gupta

Grand Scientist Caksya Gupta is an Earl of 49 years old, who has followed a scientific education. With a Temperature attitude she is Honest in her negotiations, where she acts with clear Ambition. Finding a strong drive out of being Envious of others, she works towards her agenda with Diligence.

Grand Administrator Shursun Byleuc

Grand Administrator Shursun Byleuc is an Earl of 49 years old, with an industrial background. She is known for her Honesty and does little to hide her Lustful behaviour. Patient in her dealings and conversations, she is regarded as making Just decisions.

Zaqaru Inheritance

Duke Abolar Zaqaru will abdicate in five years due to maximum age.
    Nabuna Zaqaru is Heir apparent with 3 votes.

Spoiler: Candidates
    Show

Nocri Zaqaru

Nocri Zaqaru is the oldest child of the Great and Just Duke Abolar Zaqaru. 52 years old, she is married, has two children and is grandmother. She has a scientific background, though is not known for any research of great note as she is considered a Slothful person. Searching the truth in scientific matters, she reflects it with Honesty. Perhaps it is something she found in her studies or the political arena, but something has left her Paranoid and Craven.

Abus Zaqaru
    1 Vote: Tied for 2nd Choice

Abus Zaqaru is the second child of the Great and Just Duke Abolar Zaqaru. Almost a year younger than his older sister at 52 years old, he is married and has three children. Well versed in science, he takes after his father with a Greedy attitude. Proud of his heritage and dynasty, he is not above Deceit to get what he wants. He pursues his agenda with Diligence.

Grand Scientist
    Caksya Gupta
    I support Abus Zaqaru. His Diligence will see us through the coming times, leading the Zaqaru Dynasty to great heights and wealth.

Eshkit Zaqaru

Eshkit Zaqaru is the third child of the Great and Just Duke Abolar Zaqaru. At the age of 52, she is without children and already a widow, having lost her husband due to undisclosed reasons. Like her older siblings, she has a scientific interest and background. Taking after her older sister with a Slothful attitude, some claim that she has become Wrathful after the loss of her husband, while other claim it has only then risen to the surface. It is because of her Temperature nature that it did not show before and the same reasoning applies to a streak of Cruelty, pronounced since the loss of her husband.

Nabuna Zaqaru
    3 Votes: Heir
    Saundri Arnos

Nabuna Zaqaru is the fourth child of the Great and Just Duke Abolar Zaqara. At the age of 43, he is married to Saundri Arnos, the sister of Duke Raudos Arnos and together they have two children. He is in his second marriage, where his first marriage resulted in a divorce with Guaria Sansone, leading to war between Zaqaru and Sansone as the peace treaty was broken. Like his father, Nabuna is trained in Intelligence and has a Greedy attitude. Some claim he is Deceitful, despite his reputation of being Humble. Perhaps it was because of the divorce or something else, but he shows signs of Paranoia. In a lesser extent, he also takes after his father as he values Justice.

Grand Diplomat
    Ninki Eshnuk
    Nabuna Zaqaru has my support. I trust the majority opinion to back Nabuna Zaqaru, otherwise I think fair candidates are Abus Zaqaru, Zarossu Zaqaru and Mammyl Zaqaru.

Grand Admiral
    Elos Roshami
    I favour Nabuna Zaqaru. While Abus Zaqaru is a good candidate as well, Nabuna Zaqaru is the best candidate to lead now we are at war with House Sansone. His marriage to Saundri Arnos, who has proven her skill in battle, is an excellent choice.

Grand Agent
    Ayallal Attar
    I back Nabuna Zaqaru. His intelligence training will be a vital asset as we can rely on his Justice to see us through future conflicts.

Puabi Zaqaru
    1 Vote: Tied for 2nd Choice

Puabi Zaqaru is the youngest child of the Great and Just Duke Abolar Zaqaru. She is 40 years, happily married and without children. She is well versed in economy. With a flirtatious behaviour, she is considered Lustful as she Enviously looks at other husbands. Like her father, she is considered Just in matters of state, though she is a much stronger supporter of harsh punishment and eye for an eye, earning her a reputation as Wrathful and Cruel.

Grand Administrator
    Shursun Byleuc
    I honestly believe Puabi Zaqaru to be the right choice. Her skill in Economy and how Just she holds to matters of state will bring the stability our industry needs to develop.

Meta Zaqaru

Meta Zaqaru is the second child of the Brave Duke Abolar Zaqaru, sister to the Great and Just Duke Abolar Zaqaru. At 76 years, she is married and has five adult children and like her older brother is grandparent. Studied in intelligence, she is known to be Envious and well applying her studies, earning her a reputation as Deceitful. Like her brother, she is Cynical, though remains Humble. Unlike her brother, she is considered Charitable.

Esuukas Zaqaru

Esuukas Zaqaru is a third child and brother to the Great and Just Duke Abolar Zaqaru. 74 years and married, he is without children. He has a science background, known to have a Greedy streak. Some claim he has no children because he is Cruel, while others point to his Chaste behaviour. Few dare to say that to his face, however, as he is also known for his Wroth.

Zarossu Zaqaru

Zarossu Zaqaru is a fourth child and brother to the Great and Just Duke Abolar Zaqaru. 68 years and married, he has one adult child. With an academic background in finance he takes clear Pride in, he is keen to show off his knowledge as an Erudite. Easy to Trust others as he shows off his knowledge, he is also eager to share his knowledge of other more literal appetites with food, marking him as Gluttonous. His taste extends further as well, giving him a Lustful reptuation.

Mammyl Zaqaru

Mammyl Zaqaru is the youngest sibling of the Great and Just Duke Abolar Zaqaru. At 63 years old, she is on her second marriage and has five adult children. She is a scientist, indulging herself in other things than science as well as a Gluttonous person. Indulging herself in more, the children may have been the product of her Lustful desires, though she does thirst for knowledge as well. Considered an Erudite with a sharp and Cynical attitude, it still seems she not only Envies knowledge, but perhaps relations as well.

Enigma 7

Spoiler: Duchy of Lyrae
    Show
    Dear Duke Athaia Kelse,

I am informed your scientists are specialised in warp gates (OOC: You started with Archives: Warp Gates). Recently, I have some problems with warp gates and wish to know whether your knowledge may be able to prove of aid to me. If so, I would like to open up negotiations with you.

The warp gates I am dealing with are disrupted, making travel through them hazardous. Do you have related expertise which may help gain more information about that, travel through them or repair the warp gates?

With anticipation I look forward to your response. Meanwhile, I wish you the best of luck in your war against House Jinks.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru

Show
    Dear Duke Ernst Berger,

My condolences for the losses suffered in your war so far. While I claimed victory in my war, I am now facing another problem. One I am curious whether you may be of help with. To my knowledge, you have possession of information regarding alternate warp gate routes (OOC: You started with Outlaw Gate Map). Would any of those allow an alternative entry into Sansone territory? If so, I am interested to negotiate.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru

Spoiler: House Arnos
    Show
    Dear Duke Raudos Arnos,

When I look back just a few years, we were talking about Nabuna Zaqaru and Saundri Arnos meeting at the Zaqaru Ball. And look at them now. Married at a grand wedding, participated in a decisively won war and in the meantime created a family as well! My grandchildren and your nephew Sinma and niece Ilith, toddlers which are growing well. I have heard Sinma loves his sleep, like a little Indolent child, and they describe Ilith as having a Brooding and thoughtful look to her. I wish them well and am glad you contacted me at the time.

Now I wish to contact you on another matter. To my knowledge, you possess information regarding alternate warp gate routes (OOC: You started with Outlow Gate Map). Now, both of our territories are far apart, but I am still wondering, do you perhaps know of an alternate route than the current warp gates in Sansone territory? If so, I am interested to negotiate.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru

Show

Congratulations for our victory. Without you, this overwhelming assault would not have been possible and I am happy to see the result. I am interested to speak further on this subject and propose we meet in person to continue discussions. Are we agreed?

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru

[OOC] Proposing a private conversation between our faction leaders.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-23 at 01:45 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90

PaladinGuy

House Greenflame

Enigma 4

The soft moss pulled away easily from the railing on the Terrace of Dushuma. Amari Saquar, third of her name, plucked idly at the rust-colored carpet of plant matter. The Dushama was made of a mixture of imitation marble and neocrete, two materials utterly toxic to any true plants grown in the Bio-arcologies, but the stubborn redmoss cared little for what surface it grew on. Like many of the Samarkite natives the moss was an aero feeder. Delving into the soil for nutrients was a risky business, to many heavy metals, but the air was lush and clean planetwide.
    “Hello Ams, it’s-”
    Amari whipped around, a grin already plastered to her face. She threw her arms around the short man in naval dress uniform behind her, her widebrimmed sun hat tumbling past and taking his tricorn with it.
    “-been far to long.” he finished, laughing and swinging her around.
    “Peter you had better have a good reason for not writing back, our chess game was only just getting good.” She picked up the fallen hats and returned them opposite their perches, hers drooping down over Peter Causo's eyes.
    “You mean you had started to win,” he said, pushing away the brim of her hat to reveal playful accusation in his eyes. “and for the record, I've been running test flights almost one hundred hours a t-week, chess has not been on the forefront of my mind.”
    “And I suppose uncle has dragged you back for the Sashaw?” she quirked an eyebrow at his fighter ace badges. Despite decades of peace, Aces were practically celebrities in the border worlds, and Peter's face was a common sight on marketing from propaganda to cereal boxes.
    “He offered, and I needed the break. I honestly don't understand how Zhou and Wihi refused, they have been putting in even more hours than I have.” He shook his head, swapping hats back to rightful owners. “But it means I can catch up here, and perhaps even take you to dinner?”

“A right pair we would make, you on naval drip and me with Yarro's disgusting new concoction. No, let's go dancing, it's been months since I've had a good partner, Sassi and Dan are both away in Gade, and after many hours of practice together I can safely say Geev has gotten worse.” She twirled away from Peter, already dialing an air taxi.

“You Saquars aren't very good at sitting still are you?” he replied with mock exasperation.

“You are just noticing now?”

The Sashaw Race

Once every fifty years, House Greenflame hosts the Sashaw Race, a twelve Samarkite-Day event consisting of six races, as well as a plethora of side events. On the first four days, wing and wheel races for both the track and rough categories, where contestants push the limits of atmospheric capability. The 6th day sees a starship race to circumvent Samarkand IX through the orbital asteroid belt. The final five days are the grueling Tatooine Run, a horse race through the sandstorm prone New-Tunisia Region. While the definition of horse has become looser over the last few Sashaws, a dossier is readily available at most libraries imperium wide detailing the conditions and atmosphere of the race. Of course, a certain amount of fame is required to be invited for the final event, but the victor is always showered with praise.

Spoiler: public ooc
    Show
    Ooc: public invite to everyone to attend the race, a general roleplay event. The last race requires a ‘bet’ of 1 prestige to enter, with the winner taking the pot. I will request that arcane roll a die for the final result a couple of days before eot. Your contestant and their steed must be described, and must be about horse sized, piloted, open-topped, and have grounded, leg based movement. Beyond that, ride whatever you damn well please.

Players

House Zaqaru
    Spoiler
    Show

Lord Abolar,
    My presence is required here at home, I invite you to attend the Sashaw, I'm sure we could find a few moments to speak there.

A toast to our victory, and if you do not have the time to attend the Sashaw I trust my cousin Arda to any negotiations between us, if you have a trusted agent in Gade.
    Last edited by A_Dinosaur; 2019-04-10 at 04:25 PM.