Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: TW: Imperium IC

1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: TW: Imperium IC

House Greenflame

Enigma 6

One long and unproductive conversation done, Farid finally returned to his ship. The Measured Response was a comfortable reminder of the comforts of home, not the least of which was the Samarkite atmo mix, subtle but ever lacking when traveling to other worlds. Settling into a chair at the dining room, he ordered a fresh salad and stiff brandy before lighting up the inbuilt table tablet to go over any mail he may have missed.

The news was nearly all grim. War in the imperial core was about to resume, this time largely by proxy. Houses picking sides, no doubt to be followed soon by more. It was going to be another bloody decade, all while enemies pressed in from the outside. Farid found himself briefly wishing that the Laramy siblings could simply marry each other, sort this out like normal nobles. He smiled at the thought, that particular taboo was even to deep set for the Imperial Core, thank goodness.

He read the simple and rather elegant wargoal of the Collective, marvelling at their brashness, and the war between Jinks and Lyrae spilling out of their sector. More earls being dominated across the Imperium as nobles consolidated. Simple landgrabs against small targets. What was this? The Victorian Era come to haunt humanity thousands of years in the future?

One particular declaration did catch his eye. Brazen greed and ambition above all others.

It would need to be answered.

House Gilkara PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Farid Books another meeting within hours of the last one ending, arriving grim faced and thunderous of mood.

“Lady Anoa I apologize to call on you again so immediately, but a new problem has reared its ugly head. During our conversation house Berger had the insanity to declare on the Imperial Core to take a system from the Crown Lands themselves. I feel this needs answering, they are undeserving of the title of Duke to be so vulturous. Would you support House Greenflame in stripping their title and taking over administration of their systems?”

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Spoiler: House Greenflame
    Show
    Dear Farid Saquar Greenflame,

I fully understand your wish not to state your thoughts on the matter over these channels. However, I do feel it is a shame you must decline my intelligence offer. I would argue information about a security threat to be relevant enough not to be ignored, but I respect your decision.

Yours sincerely,
    Grand Administrator Earl Yaadus Emit

3. - Top - End - #243

RogueGuy

Spoiler: Greenflame: PM
    Show
    Anoa feels Farid's excitement and his words bring her own forth. "Yes, finally. A noble war. HA!" She skips to the communication module on the wall. "Begin Filter process Delta Whiskey on House Berger." She turns back to Farid.

"We are beginning preparations. A joint force would be spectacular. Our might would equal that of the unified Laramy fleet. Torbin will be declaring our intentions shortly."
    Last edited by LimSindull; 2019-06-26 at 12:40 PM.
    "I'll get a cool quote, just you wait."
    Here is the backdrop to the first Campaign in my Titan Blood World.
    Bastilonis

4. - Top - End - #244

PaladinGuy

House Greenflame

Enigma 6

Public Statement:
    In this era of uncertainty, enemies within can be just as dangerous as enemies without. The Laramy Civil War rages in the Imperial Core, and our duties as Border Guards continue, but events in the Imperium demand our attention. House Berger has attacked the Imperial Core, not taking a side in the civil war, but simply for their personal gain. It is a Noble's duty to protect their liege, and while the Throne debates who will be chosen to be my liege in truth, I will consider the Crown Lands themselves as worthy of defense. I declare war on House Berger, to strip them of their lands and titles and end this rebellion, and ask that House Gilkara join me and halt this madness.
    War Goals:
    Take the Starry Court Cluster for House Gilkara
    Take the Raymill Cluster For house Greenflame

Duke Farid Saquar
    Master of the Grand Marquis

5. - Top - End - #245

RogueGuy

Public Broadcast

"House Gilkara and the Nation of Filo back House Greenflame in recognizing the greed of Gouse Berger. I, Trobin Gilkara, issue a decree to strip House Berger of their rank of Duke."

War Goals:
    Take the Starry Court Cluster for House Gilkara
    Take the Raymill Cluster for House Greenflame

[Ooc]Paying 25 prestige to declare. 30 points into the war pot.[OOC]
    Last edited by LimSindull; 2019-06-26 at 12:52 PM.
    Bastilonis

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

House Berger

Enigma 5

Spoiler: Zaqaru
    Show

Duchess Litte Zaqaru

Dear uncle Duke Nabuna Zaqaru,

Please denounce House Greenflame and House Gilkara for their act against House Berger. While they may throw accusations of greed, their war goals do enough to show their own character. As claimant to the crown by his Imperial lineage, Duke Ernst Berger is within his rights to contest the claim of Duke Alexander Laramy.

Yours sincerely,
    Duchess Litte Zaqaru
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-06-26 at 02:11 PM.

7. - Top - End - #247

Spoiler: House Gilkara PM
    Show
    The next day, Bolkas is approached by some representatives of the Consortium, who invite the Gilkaran to follow them.
    This time, he is brought to a different office, although it is no less luxurious than the other.

Once again, the Outsider stands in wait, facing away from the door.

"I have heard your people have declared war.
    Congratulations." The figure turns to face the Gilkaran. "I propose another arrangement: I offer up the Consortium's [5 Navy]. In exchange, a payment of Trade, Prestige, or the use of some Gilkatan scientists. If this interests you, what can your house offer?"
    Many thanks to Derjuin for my awesome alhoon avatar!

8. - Top - End - #248

RogueGuy

Spoiler: Exiles Consortium: PM
    Show
    Bolkas is startled by the knock at the door. He hadn't caused that much trouble last night. The Outsider's men greeted him and for a moment he wondered if he should have booked out early. After making his way to the meeting and finding the Outsider waiting for him. "Pleasant surprise."

He listens to the offer. "Glordek will be too far in to afford any trade, but a University crew or two is feasible. It might take some time, but you'll get your crews by next month. Are you going to declare and back us, or are you going to be more subtle on the battlefield? Either way, I'll get Torbin to read a nice speech about you. For that part. I'll be keeping everything else a little secret." He winks at the outsider. That freakin mask. It kept him from getting a read on how his jokes were landing.
    Bastilonis

9. - Top - End - #249
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler: Exiles' Consortium PM
    Show
    "Our alliance will be very beneficial as now you know the Byvale Sector of space is completely safe and under the control of your allies. So we ask you not expand past that initial earl which my husband has promised not to interfere with. We intend to unite this portion of space for the imperium. As for our agreement on Stardust I am very excited to work with you and if you need ANYTHING at all please don't hesitate to contact me. The safety of the consortium is now of utmost importance to us and the house of steel."

Spoiler: Crown Princess Persphone Laramy PM
    Show
    "As I have been honest and forthright through this entire affair I will do so again. I view you as the only person, as a woman and friend I could ever swear my loyalty to but your costs are too high. Our independence is profitable BUT I have always wanted my family to be worthy of noble lineage... My family has been a centerpiece to imperial life and finally there is a chance to be of noble blood after so long. So understand this means much to me. the house of steel and I will join as your vassals for the following terms."

1. Tatarus and house of steel recognizes House Laramy as their liege and agrees to answer their summons in exchange for protection from hostile forces.
    2. Tatarus and house of steel agrees to provide House Laramy tribute of one fifth its trade.
    2a. House Tatarus and Steel may specify which assets are provided up to half of the total tribute.
    3. In times of war Tatarus and steel agrees to provide House Laramy a levy of its Naval forces for 5 years.
    3a. In the event of a war continuing for more than 5 years the naval forces of Tatarus and steel may stand down for 3 years before being recalled to battle.
    4. Tatarus and Steel agrees to make no war on allies of Persephone Laramy without permission.
    5. Under the terms of this treaty the House Laramy will award Tatarus with a new noble title and the Duchy of Rosemerrow. You will also award the house of steel Duchy of Hallowhaven and Vertlea.
    5a. If this treaty is broken before the death of Persephone Laramy then the title of the Duchy of Rosemerrow will revert to House Laramy.

"This is very generous beloved, your brother breathing down your neck. A united Byvale sector with all other sectors ready to make war on one another and even you on a dime. I know its me asking an empress to make concessions but they are concessions which could ensure this civil war ends and you have allies for life."

Spoiler: House of Steel PM
    Show

1. Tatarus and house of steel recognizes House Laramy as their liege and agrees to answer their summons in exchange for protection from hostile forces.
    2. Tatarus and house of steel agrees to provide House Laramy tribute of one fifth its trade.
    2a. House Tatarus and Steel may specify which assets are provided up to half of the total tribute.
    3. In times of war Tatarus and steel agrees to provide House Laramy a levy of its Naval forces for 5 years.
    3a. In the event of a war continuing for more than 5 years the naval forces of Tatarus and steel may stand down for 3 years before being recalled to battle.
    4. Tatarus and Steel agrees to make no war on allies of Persephone Laramy without permission.
    5. Under the terms of this treaty the House Laramy will award Tatarus with a new noble title and the Duchy of Rosemerrow. You will also award the house of steel Duchy of Hallowhaven and Vertlea.
    5a. If this treaty is broken before the death of Persephone Laramy then the title of the Duchy of Rosemerrow will revert to House Laramy.

"Are these terms acceptable husband? This is all we should accept we're worth far more then they offered initially."
    Amazing avatar by Gengy

Empire 4- Vampiric Republic turned Vampiric Oligarchy
    Empire 5- Psychic Daddy

10. - Top - End - #250

Exiles' Consortium

Show
    The Outsider gives a slight nod at the mention of keeping certain details secret.
    "Your offer of payment would be acceptable for a short-term engagement. As for our actions, that would depend on the nature of the assistance. We can easily defend some Gilkaran territory without a declaration of war. If we are combining forces, it will need to come with a declaration. Of course, my agents are tied up with our little project, else I could send them along to hide my warships. How long do you anticipate this conflict lasting?"

Spoiler: Tatarus PM
    Show
    "Indeed, my mind is at ease to know that this corner of the Imperium is under the safe and stable control of our friendly neighbors. As for future expansion, you have nothing to worry about.
    For now, the Consortium aims to fill out its systems, and to increase market share for future investments. If we do decide to expand at a later time, it will likely be in another sector of the Imperium entirely.
    But yes, the Stardust certainly seems like a great opportunity for both of our factions. I've already contacted some of my liaisons to start drawing up smaller-scale prototypes and innovations that may contribute to our investment."

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

House Berger Public Statement
    Duke Ernst Berger
    It is not the noble's duty to protect their liege, but rather to protect the people and ensure the safety of the realm. Archduke Alexander has not done his duty, but rather sacrificed billions of lives in pursuit of his own power and glory. As such I reject these claims of House Greenflame and House Gilkara. If they truly wished to protect the crown they first have pledged loyalty to said crown, and second demanded a similar recompense as I have done.

Instead they have laid claim to all my lands and titles. This is not the duty of loyal vassals, but the ambition of greedy men. I call on all true nobles to stand with me against these opportunists.

War Goals: House Berger will capture Algiers and [-1,2]

Spoiler: Earl Tomoko to the Exiles' Consortium [Enigma 3
    Show
    ]Very well I will join you.

Spoiler: House Starosta to House Laramy [Enigma 5]
    Show
    We strongly protest the induction of the House of Steel and Tatarus into the hallowed halls of nobility. They serve a useful purpose in the Imperium, but they are not noble. They do not have the lineage or breeding that sets them apart from the common people. They will not be able to rule effectively given the constraints that they will be expected to adhere to.

Spoiler: Excagon Family to the Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma 5]
    Show
    Diplomat Earl Namzara Zaqaru,

Given that House Laramy has pledged to destroy the Democratic Collective and the Democratic Collective has just recently begun encroaching on our territory we cannot see the inclusion of more forces under their rule as anything other than a good thing.

Duchess Lehel

Spoiler: Earl Domingo to House Gilkara [Enigma 3]
    Show
    Your Grace,

Your aid is greatly appreciated. I would request that I be allowed to keep [2 Stats] for the usage of my house in order to grow and improve its holdings.

Earl Duri Domingo

Spoiler: House Vastadd to House Greenflame [PM]
    Show
    Izabella is perusing the Greenflame military archives when an urgent message arrives for her. She reads it and frowns. Looking up she says, "You are going to war with House Berger. I rather wish you had mentioned this previously. House Vastadd has ties to Berger. Once our houses were one, until their ancestor left to deal with rebellions for the Emperor. And although that bond has not been tested in recent times we still remember.

Spoiler: Earl Maike Maksim, Earl Rama Christer, and Earl Leif Vasil to House Greenflame [Enigma 3]
    Show
    Duke Saquar,

We have considered your offer and we will accept it if we are given the right to retain [2 Stats] in each of our systems for the further development of our houses.

Spoiler: Crown Princess Persephone Laramy to House Greenflame [Enigma 10]
    Show
    Duke Saquar,

Of course. I would not have declared war if I was not prepared to attack immediatly.

Crown Princess Persephone Laramy

Spoiler: Archduke Alexander Laramy to House Greenflame [Enigma 10]
    Show
    Duke Saquar,

Yes, I intend to assault the Cordoba sector assuming my sister does not interfere.

Archduke Alexander Laramy

Spoiler: "House Voss to House Sansone [Enigma 6
    Show
    "]An opportunity has arisen. Would you be willing to assist us in overthrowing House Berger.

Spoiler: Duchy of Lyrae to House Berger [Enigma 5]
    Show
    Duke Berger,

Your ambitions have lead you to an unpleasant position. But I am willing to help. Transfer ownership of the system [5,2], and I will help you prosecute your wars.

Spoiler: Crown Princess Persephone Laramy to Tatarus [PM]
    Show
    My brother is also facing war for his own territories. And I have already been approached by several nobles denouncing your claim to a ducal title. I must convince them that you are truly commited to the tenets of nobility and not simple jumped up merchants buying a title.

1. Tatarus and the House of Steel recognizes House Laramy as their liege and agree to answer their summons in exchange for protection from hostile forces.
    2. Tatarus and the House of Steel agree to provide House Laramy tribute of one third of their total stats or the equivalent in trade.
    3. In times of war Tatarus and steel agrees to provide House Laramy a levy of their Naval forces for 5 years.
    3a. In the event of a war continuing for more than 5 years the naval forces of Tatarus and steel may stand down for 5 years before being recalled to battle.
    4. Tatarus and Steel agrees to start no wars without the permission of House Laramy.
    5. The House Laramy will award Tatarus with a new noble title and the Duchy of Rosemerrow.
    6. The House Laramy will award the House of Steel with a new noble title and the Duchy of Hallowhaven.
    7. Tatarus and the House of Steel will send the first heir in the direct line of succession of their houses below the age of five to Sigma Kuldavis to be raised in the Imperial household and educated in the Imperial Academy until they come of age.
    8. In the event that this treaty is broken the ducal titles will revert to the House Laramy.
    8a. If the treaty is ended by the agreement of both parties the ducal titles will remain with their respective holders.
    8b. Article eight and all of its subclauses of this treaty will be waived in the event of one of the following. 1.) Fifty Imperial standard years pass. 2.) Persephone Laramy dies of old age. 3.) The title is inherited by the heirs named in article seven and they graduate from the Imperial Academy.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Public Broadcast

Zaqaru hereby acknowledges the right of House Berger to wage war on House Laramy. Given the Imperial lineage of Duke Ernst Berger, his claim on the crown lands may be pressed during a war of succession.

Zaqaru denounces the act of war by House Gilkara and House Greenflame against House Berger. As House Berger is within his right to wage war, their declaration of war without alliance or pledge of loyalty to the defender is baseless and their casus belli illegal.

The war goals stated by House Gilkara and House Greenflame show greater aggression than even their accusations. The intent to divide the full lands of House Berger between themselves is blatant greed. The war is unjust.

Zaqaru hereby formally requests House Gilkara and House Greenflame to withdraw their war declaration.
    Should both Houses truly consider the Imperial Core worthy of defense, then they should defend the Imperial Capital against the villainy of the Democratic Collective of the People.

Enigma 7

Spoiler: House Berger
    Show
    Dear Duke Ernst Berger,

Our agents intercepted the following transmission, which Zaqaru wishes to share with you considering current events.

Yours sincerely,
    Diplomat Earl Namzara Zaqaru

Quote Originally Posted by House Voss to House Sansone
    An opportunity has arisen. Would you be willing to assist us in overthrowing House Berger.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-06-27 at 04:35 AM.

13. - Top - End - #253

RogueGuy

Open broadcast

"It is a hard thing to watch your people perish. Even zealots and fanatics are real people. Mothers and fathers, and daughters and sons. It is the Imperium's burden to carry out the wars of the Noble House's as much as it is the Houses burden to do the best they can for the citizens.

This is why I am repulsed by House Berger's claim that they are trying to do right by the citizens of the Empire. After decades of war in their home worlds, the Laramy citizenry is finally going to be exempt from the grand warfare of their conflicted house. Now is when you make your move Ernst, when a relative peace comes from the siblings agreeing to focus their attention to an enemy of our way of life?It is impossible to see how more war will help ease the burden to the citizens you are claiming deserve better.

Either it is the greed of your own expansionist mindset, brought on from the delirium that you suffer in the lasting effects that the tragic deaths of your father and brother, that propelled you to the leader of your house and left your sister fleeing to your enemies, has on your mental health, or it is the misunderstanding of the current situation in the inner Empire that leads you to believe you are doing the correct thing in attacking a war stressed system.

You are found to be listening to the Zaqarun shouts that you are the true ruler of the Empire and or incompetent in managing the complexities of negotiations in the Nobility as opposed to say, pirates.

Perhaps Duke Greenflame and myself are correct in our wild threat to strip you of your lands and titles as your first instinct was to demand war and not negotiate a peace. Come to your senses Duke Berger.

A fair warning if you are listening to House Zaqaru, take a thorough look at whether it is their words in your ears or actual people by your sides. They have often spoke of terrible actions that they find immediate threats to the empire, such as the DCOTP or the Steel marriage to Tatarus, yet they fail to come to any plan or action for these things. They denied our good faith help and then reached out for help years later when their warp gates were damaged. They are busy finding a cursed relic of the past and will not be by your side."

Torbin Gilkara

Spoiler: Tatarus; House of Steel: Enigma 5
    Show
    We have been informed by Earl Namzara Zaqaru that your houses wish to marry and gain the titles of Dukes. To that end, one of the Laramy siblings must become a King again. If you are seeking support for your marriage, then I offer you to win the support of House Gilkara and House Greenflame by backing us in our war against House Berger. Call it a Civic Duty to protect the Empire that you will become a part of.

Wishing you a happy marriage,

The Gilkara Family.
    Torbin Gilkara.

Spoiler: Earl Domingo (-4,3): Enigma 5
    Show
    "Earl Duri Domingo,

We agree with your request. Though we will ask for use of your outpost if House Berger does not withdrawal their campaign against the Laramy Family.

Torbin Gilkara."
    Bastilonis

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Zaqaru acknowledges only the person who is accepted by the Titanium Throne as true ruler of the Empire. Any other statement about who Zaqaru claims to be the true ruler are falsehoods, spoken by those who wish to tarnish our name.

House Gilkara has made a statement with regards to Zaqaru interaction, which Zaqaru wishes to clarify. The help for the warp gates was a trade agreement offered by House Gilkara, not merely help offered in good faith. Zaqaru did not reach out for help years later, merely answered that the trade agreement would not be required. House Sansone has made the final repairs to the warp gate as part of the white peace.

Regarding the accusation of the lack of a plan offered, Zaqaru refers House Gilkara to the previous message, where the withdrawal of the war declaration is asked and a better alternative to deal with the current threats to the Empire is offered.

Enigma 7

Spoiler: House Greenflame
    Show
    Dear Duke Farid Saquar Greenflame,

House Gilkara claims that House Greenflame will support the marriage and acquisition of titles by the titleless Tatarus and House of Steel if they back the war against House Berger.

I truly hope this information to be false, as I expect you, as Duke who seeks to defend the Imperial borders, will not back a marriage founded upon a war of mercenaries attacking the nobility of the Triune Pact. Both factions seek to gain titles and are playing the Laramy siblings against another to be bestowed such title while the war in Byvale continues.

Please answer me whether House Gilkara’s claim is true or false.

Yours sincerely,

(OOC: If you want to respond to the Grand Administrator’s last message too, please do.)

Spoiler: Filo’s Philospher’s High Council
    Show
    Dear Philosopher’s High Council,

Given recent events, I feel obligated to inquire. Did you intend to put a warmonger on the Ducal throne of Vertmist?

Yours sincerely,

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

House Berger Public Statement
    Duke Ernst Berger
    I do not agree with much of what Duke Gilkara says, but truly pearls of wisdom can be found in the most unexpected places. The continuing wars are a blight of the Imperium no matter their cause or consequence. I will withdraw my claims on the [1,0] system if House Gilkara and House Greenflame withdraw their claims on my territories.

But that is not all. I also call for a Grand Conference. I invite every noble in Hallow to attend. And especially Archduke Alexander and Crown Princess Persephone. Let us not have a fight for the crown, or outlandish contests of might, but rather a considered caucus where the two Laramy siblings can present their cases for which of them would make a better heir to the throne of Hallow.

16. - Top - End - #256

RogueGuy

Spoiler: Exile's Consortium: PM
    Show
    Bolkas turns up his radio. "Apparently not much longer at all. May I pry into your need for scientists? My cousin Belbryn is curious for all manners of scientific adventures."

Spoiler: Zaraqu: Enigma 5
    Show
    "Greetings speaker for the Zaqaru Family. The council has pondered your question for many debates. We have come to the conclusion, in a split between the main five schools of thought and many of the smaller schools, that we can answer your question. We have debated in mass and thoroughly what the benefits would be to Filo as a complete nation, as well as to the consequences that would befall any ruling house. We also spent a thorough time discussing the benefits that would befall the citizens of our nation and the effect that conquered systems would have during war and the aftermath of war.

We obviously spent some time debating how the Empire would benefit from a productive strife between houses, assuming a population control measure for warfare and increased productivity of science between the waring factions. There are of course, as is often present when theorizing, different proposed axioms as to the scale of war to be brought about by a warmonger and the timing of different parts being brought into conflicts. Some you might find rather amusing.

Still, the counsel thanks you for bringing a new question before the court for debate. It does so liven our days to have a question on the backburner. This indeed has burdened everyone's mind and we hope that we have come to a satisfying answer.

Well wishes on the House of Zaqaru,

Undying Philosopher,
    Second of title
    Last edited by LimSindull; 2019-06-27 at 11:31 PM.
    Bastilonis

17. - Top - End - #257

Exiles' Consortium

Enigma 5
    Spoiler: Earl Tomoko
    Show
    Excellent. The Consortium is happy to welcome you into its membership. I look forward to speaking more with you in person.

-O

Show
    The Outsider chuckles to themself. "Ah, the tides of war and peace, constant in their wane and wax. Some tides recede faster than others, I suppose." Collecting themself, the Outsider continues. "We are conducting some market research, trying out new sale methodology and consumer targeting. The Consortium is looking to expand it's economic influence... rapidly, so, with the two science crews and some very generous funding, we are looking to quickly complete some new market prototypes, and perhaps expanding that to the rest of our factories."
    Last edited by Psilulz; 2019-06-28 at 02:00 AM.

18. - Top - End - #258

RogueGuy

Show
    "I'll let Belbryn know. She'll be excited to have some people work on market technology. There's the question of what we can get in return, perhaps for some more of the take."
    Bastilonis

19. - Top - End - #259

Show
    "In lieau of payment for mercenary work, that could be an acceptable alternative, though it is difficult to quantify how much that will be with before seeing how successful the job is."

20. - Top - End - #260

RogueGuy

Show
    "That's true. Would you prefer that we build the prototypes and we'll discuss value afterwards?"
    Bastilonis

21. - Top - End - #261

Show
    "I would prefer my scientists to build the prototypes themselves. I wouldn't want any Gilkaran scientists to suffer injury if something goes wrong during the unit construction process. Instead, I would have them building colony sites alongside a team of Exiled scientists and a pile of generous funding."

22. - Top - End - #262

PaladinGuy

House Greenflame

Enigma 6

Public Statement:

House Greenflame Acknowledges House Berger’s compromise, we will withdraw our declaration. I will pray for peace in the Hallow Sector, and focus on ensuring the Imperial Core remains undisturbed by threats without. To our eternal duties, fellow nobles.

Duke Farid Saquar

Players

House Gilkara PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    “They have withdrawn their claims, a great boon. Now the Laramys will only have to circle each other and the option to attack the Collective has opened once more. Lady Anoa, our diplomacy may come full circle at last. Would you be willing to return to our original deal in targeting the Collective?”

NPCs

House Vastadd PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    A look of horror passes over Amari’s face, but she recovers quickly.
    “We did not know, Lady Vastadd, and they have revoked their claim, and we shall revoke ours. I am filled with relief that this did not get any worse. While my uncle was prepared to attack House Berger, I believe one of his primary goals was to allow the Laramy siblings to not divide their attention further, and that they may focus on the Collective.”

She shrugs, a pained expression on her face.

“With the result of this near disastrous diplomacy we are once again in a position to consider an attack against the Collective. Alaxander’s half of the Laramy armada will be after the Cardoba Protectorate. I believe we have the backing of House Gilkara still, and I believe there may even be a line of play here wherein you could perhaps approach Berger? If we were to pay him in prestige and plunder we could move forward with our goal set forth so many years ago. Do you think they would be interested now that their Navy is… um… unoccupied?”

She pinches the bridge of her nose, a mimicry of Farid’s own habit.

“I do so grate against the fluidity of politics. I know it can be necessary, but how I miss the simplicity of quantum physics.”

House Berger
    Spoiler
    Show

Duke Berger,
    I know no apology can be enough to forgive such gunboat diplomacy on my part. For what it's worth, I do apologize. I will support your motion to host peace talks in Hallow. I knew not that you were cousin to Izabella Vastadd, whom I consider a friend. I hope that one day our houses can mend the divide my actions may have created. Good luck in the conference.

Farid Saquar

Earl Maike Maksim, Earl Rama Christer, and Earl Leif Vasil
    Spoiler
    Show

That is more than earls are normally granted, but these are strange times. I propose a slightly different deal. You many keep [1 stat] to for your own development, likely the market colony built as part of our deal. And once you have developed your individual systems to [4 stats], you may retain autonomy over [2 stats]. Thus you effectively you maintain control over half your systems wealth, and are safe under the wing of the Haytham fleet.

Duke Farid Saquar

23. - Top - End - #263

RogueGuy

Public Broadcast
    I, Torbin Gilkara, recognize House Berger's withdrawal. We thank the Noble house for keeping a calm head and making an excellent decision. We also commend their noble leader in calling upon the Houses to meet.

We regret that we will be busy with war efforts against the DCOTP, but look forward to a discussion in the future. We withdrawal our declaration of war against House Berger.

Spoiler: Greenflame: PM
    Show
    Anoa shakes her head. "That's what happens when you send Torbin to start a war. We will happily agree to fight the DCOTP again with you."

Show
    "Let's do this. If you get wind of some attack coming at us, you help defend, and if not, you'll get your science boys anyways. You'll get yours either way it goes, and I'll be able to decide whether or not it's beneficial to come out here." Bolkas nods his head.
    Bastilonis

24. - Top - End - #264
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler: House of Steel PM
    Show

"My soon to be husband do you agree to the following terms?"

1. Tatarus and the House of Steel recognizes House Laramy as their liege and agree to answer their summons in exchange for protection from hostile forces.
    2. Tatarus and the House of Steel agree to provide House Laramy tribute of one third of their total stats or the equivalent in trade.
    3. In times of war Tatarus and steel agrees to provide House Laramy a levy of their Naval forces for 5 years.
    3a. In the event of a war continuing for more than 5 years the naval forces of Tatarus and steel may stand down for 5 years before being recalled to battle.
    4. Tatarus and Steel agrees to start no wars without the permission of House Laramy.
    5. The House Laramy will award Tatarus with a new noble title and the Duchy of Rosemerrow.
    6. The House Laramy will award the House of Steel with a new noble title and the Duchy of Hallowhaven.
    7. Tatarus and the House of Steel will send the first heir in the direct line of succession of their houses below the age of five to Sigma Kuldavis to be raised in the Imperial household and educated in the Imperial Academy until they come of age.
    8. In the event that this treaty is broken the ducal titles will revert to the House Laramy.
    8a. If the treaty is ended by the agreement of both parties the ducal titles will remain with their respective holders.
    8b. Article eight and all of its subclauses of this treaty will be waived in the event of one of the following. 1.) Fifty Imperial standard years pass. 2.) Persephone Laramy dies of old age. 3.) The title is inherited by the heirs named in article seven and they graduate from the Imperial Academy.

(Semi OOC/strange language use: "I believe we should agree if we can convince her to bring her agreement down to 1 fourth of our total stats is that acceptable to you?")
    Amazing avatar by Gengy

Empire 5- Psychic Daddy

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: House Vastadd to House Greenflame [PM]
    Show
    Izabella laughs, "Interested hardly, my cousin won't be interested in working with you until he's had a chance to repay you for the injury you've done to his ambitions."

Spoiler: Earl Maike Maksim, Earl Rama Christer, and Earl Leif Vasil to House Greenflame [Enigma 3]
    Show
    Strange times in which your initial line of reasoning as to why we should accept your vassalge no longer hold. The Collective will not be bothering with us in the coming years. Or likely decades to come. So why give up our sovereingty for security we don't need.

Spoiler: House of Steel to Tatarus [PM]
    Show
    You can negotiate them down if you choose, but these terms are acceptable to us.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler: Persephone Laramy PM
    Show
    "We have made only a single change my royal highness if it is acceptable Tatarus and the house of Steel will swear their loyalty."

2. Tatarus and the House of Steel agree to provide House Laramy tribute of one fourth of their total stats or the equivalent in trade.
    Last edited by kaio999; 2019-06-30 at 12:50 PM.
    Amazing avatar by Gengy

Empire 5- Psychic Daddy

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Imperial Sector Grand Conference

As House Berger made an announcement to hold a Grand Conference in the Hallow Sector, also commonly called the Imperial Sector, the Zaqaru media looks with excitement to the lively noble business to report on. They have assembled a list of the noteworthy invitees.

Host: Duke Ernst Berger
    Date: To be announced In five years time
    Location: To be announced Palace of Thorns on the planet Sigma Kuldavis, Capital of the Imperial Sector

Invitees
    • Archduke Alexander Laramy
    • Crown Princess Persephone Laramy
    • Duke Raudos Arnos
    • Duke Torbin Gilkara
    • Duke Mertens
    • Duchess Izabella Vastadd
    • Duchess Brechtje Voss
    • Earl Duri Domingo
    • All noble Imperial Sector vassals of the above nobles

Zaqaru

Zaqaru applauds House Berger for his resolution and supports the call to a Grand Conference.

Enigma 7

Spoiler: Filo’s Philospher’s High Council
    Show
    Dear Philosopher’s High Council,

That answer suffices.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Berger
    Show
    Dear Duke Ernst Berger,

Please find below communication our agents intercepted from House Gilkara to Tatarus and the House of Steel. Your move held wisdom, for they sought to further strengthen their assault against your House.

Regretfully it is clear House Gilkara ignored my warning of the untrustworthiness of the titleless and instead sought the support of these peasants. Whether House Greenflame also seeks to support them or House Gilkara is bluffing, I do not know. I have asked House Greenflame for information, but so far I have received no comment.

Given the upcoming Grand Conference, I felt this information should not be denied to you, even if the call for support is no longer of use as war has been averted.

Yours sincerely,

Quote Originally Posted by House Gilkara to Tatarus and the House of Steel
    We have been informed by Earl Namzara Zaqaru that your houses wish to marry and gain the titles of Dukes. To that end, one of the Laramy siblings must become a King again. If you are seeking support for your marriage, then I offer you to win the support of House Gilkara and House Greenflame by backing us in our war against House Berger. Call it a Civic Duty to protect the Empire that you will become a part of.

The Gilkara Family.
    Torbin Gilkara.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-06-30 at 02:06 PM.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

The Grand Conference of Hallow
    To be held on Sigma Kuldavis in its state as the capital of the Hallow sector rather than the capital of the Imperium, the grand conference is set to take place in the old Palace of Thorns. As the Palace has been passed over for the grander Palace of Iron for some time House Berger has sent funds and supplies to restore it to the condition and capability that such a grand conclave of nobility will expect and require.

The other attendees have made contributions of their local products as is custom in order that the venue represent the entire sector. House Mertens in particular has helped secure exotic rarities from all over the sector using their trade contacts. With the other houses providing as they can. As the parties under arbitration House Laramy has stayed out of the preparations, but have established joint security forces to ensure that Sigma Kuldavis remains undisturbed, especially in light the Collective threat.

It will take some time to build the necessary facilities, but in five years time the Houses of Hallow will gather to decide on their future liege.

Spoiler: Crown Princess Persephone to Tatarus [PM]
    Show
    Then by those terms I will accept your fealty.

Spoiler: Crown Princess Persephone to Archduke Alexander [Enigma 10]
    Show
    Checkmate dear brother.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2019-06-30 at 02:01 PM.

29. - Top - End - #269

Exiles' Consortium

Show
    "This is agreeable to us."

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Source: https://best-sci-fi-books.com/16-bes...fiction-books/

The Quest for Zanadu has started!

Valiant explorers from across the Imperium have joined Zaqaru in the search for the Legendary Fortress Palace of Zanadu. Their engines blasting them through the far reaches of space, these courageous members of the expedition have set out to the Sarahu Nebula.

Long thought impossible to find, a mere legend, a recent clue found by Zaqaru has reignited hopes of recovering the ancient Palace Fortress. Hailed as the greatest expedition to ever have been assembled, the greatest cooperative undertaking of our time, there can be no doubt the effort to find the Lost Fortress Palace of Zanadu is immense. Many scientific and exploration vessels are journeying to the Sarahu Nebula, filled with the brilliant and bright minds to illuminate the path to their destination.

It is unknown what they will find along the way. Will they find remains of past adventurers seeking their luck? Perhaps those stranded along the way within a settlement? Though they can be sure their mettle will be tested by the dangers of space, from dust fields to hazardous nebula. Some wonder if they might come across aliens or malfunctioning bases. Whatever the find, the Imperium will know in several years time, when they return to known space.

At least all can be assured that the Quest for Zanadu is led by three of the Great amongst us. True Nobles, who inspire the people to glory and grand achievements. Each of them has an astounding resume, winning the Tattooine Run, being a Living Legend and showing the utmost bravery on countless expeditions in the void. They are:

The Leaders of the Quest for Zanadu

Earl Ninu Zaqaru
    Robot Unicorn Princess

Duke Benjamin Stone
    Legendary Explorer

Spoiler: Large version
    Show

Duchess Akachi Okeke
    Fearless Explorer

Spoiler: Large version
    Show

Female: https://www.zerochan.net/151384
    Unicorn racing: https://www.deviantart.com/gokulover...tamp-157908421

Enigma 7

Spoiler: House Starosta
    Show
    Dear Duke Starosta,

I believe you, like myself, holds the standards of nobility high. House Starosta is known to produce the very best and exceed any on standards of quality and luxury. Therefore, I wish to make you aware of a party you have contact with, which does not hold such standards

Previously I have contacted you with the news that Tatarus and the House of Steel seek titles from House Laramy. The same information I have extended to the nobles of the Hallow Sector, in hopes they may be able to convince House Laramy to not act further. Instead, House Gilkara used this information to offer the two support in exchange for their support in the war against House Berger. While the latter war has been withdrawn, it does shown the character of House Gilkara. It seems to me that their time mingling with the commoners may have degraded their lineage.

They mention House Greenflame would offer similar support and I have contacted House Greenflame about the matter, but so far I have received no comment. Please find along with this message upon which I base my concern.

While I do not expect you to do anything with it currently, I would advise you to be cautious with House Gilkara and any deals or agreements with them moving forward. I am informed they have private meetings with outcasts and exiles as well, which does not do much to build trust.

Yours sincerely,

Quote Originally Posted by House Gilkara to Tatarus and the House of Steel

The Gilkara Family.
    Torbin Gilkara.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-24 at 07:30 AM.