Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 66 of 66
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drink only beer for 46 days, no food?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    16 pounds in a week seems extremely high. Like, unbelievably so.
    Typically weight lost in that manner is mostly water weight. He's probably constantly hovering around dehydration. I don't know how hydrating his type of beer is, but from my understanding many modern beers require more water to process the stuff in them than they actually have. Assuming he doesn't kill himself, he will probably get most of it back within a few weeks of returning to a normal diet.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Iruka's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Drink only beer for 46 days, no food?

    Turns out, he is not the first to try this in recent years.
    A guy from Iowa did it with homebrewed beer. He reported a total weight loss of about 25 pounds.
    Last edited by Iruka; 2019-03-15 at 08:55 AM.


    "Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~

    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Drink only beer for 46 days, no food?

    Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Typically weight lost in that manner is mostly water weight. He's probably constantly hovering around dehydration. I don't know how hydrating his type of beer is, but from my understanding many modern beers require more water to process the stuff in them than they actually have. Assuming he doesn't kill himself, he will probably get most of it back within a few weeks of returning to a normal diet.
    Beer is highly diuretic. I cannot say if that applies only to modern beer or all beers, though. A quick google suggests that to break even, you need a beer with an alcohol content of 2% or less.

    Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by woweedd View Post
    I would say that's the dumbest theory Grey Wolf's heard, but, let's be honest: It's Grey Wolf. They've probably heard dumber theories today. Point is, neat idea, but it's a real stretch.
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Rockphed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Near Giant Graffiti.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drink only beer for 46 days, no food?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Beer is highly diuretic. I cannot say if that applies only to modern beer or all beers, though. A quick google suggests that to break even, you need a beer with an alcohol content of 2% or less.

    Grey Wolf
    Hence hangovers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    We should change the collective noun for crocodiles to "an abundance of crocodiles".
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

    Now offering unsolicited advice.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drink only beer for 46 days, no food?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Hence hangovers.
    And why my go-to for a drunk friend back in my early 20s was a happy meal. Burger and fry helped slow the alcohol absorption rate, drink kept them hydrated, toy was a good distraction, cost less than five bucks, and McD's were usually open 24 hours. Nothing that eliminated a hangover, but the intensity was usually lessened.
    Cuthalion's avatars rock. Like this very fine dragon he made me.

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Drink only beer for 46 days, no food?

    Quote Originally Posted by Iruka View Post
    Turns out, he is not the first to try this in recent years.
    A guy from Iowa did it with homebrewed beer. He reported a total weight loss of about 25 pounds.
    Well if it was a homebrew he could tweak the formula to have more stuff needed to stay alive in it. Particularly if he was using an older recipe.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •