New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Question [3.5] Looking for Item - Amulet/Necklace to Extend/Permanency Polymorph

I don't think I'm imagining things...or maybe I am?

Quote Originally Posted by Thurbane View Post
    Q 588

Unless I'm mismembering, there's a magic item, possibly an amulet or necklace, that makes Polymorph effects permanent while you wear it, or something similar to this.

Does this exist, or am I imagining it? I thought it was in Savage Species, but I'm not finding it...
    Does anyone know of a 3.0/3.5 magic item that does anything like this?

Cheers - T

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Looking for Item - Amulet/Necklace to Extend/Permanency Polymorph

Does anyone know of a 3.0/3.5 magic item that does anything like this?
    Phylactery of Change, A&EG. All-day polymorph up to 7 HD, which is pretty close to permanent.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Looking for Item - Amulet/Necklace to Extend/Permanency Polymorph

Phylactery of Change is already mentioned, it is 3.0 though and to my understanding the pricing of this 3.0 item is not in line with the 3.5 pricing for spell effects.

Skin of Proteus is the psionic 3.5 version of an all day polymorph at 84,000 gp up to 7 HD.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Phylactery of Change, A&EG. All-day polymorph up to 7 HD, which is pretty close to permanent.
    It doesn't function exactly the way I remember, but that is the one I was thinking of, thank you very much.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Question Re: [3.5] Looking for Item - Amulet/Necklace to Extend/Permanency Polymorph

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items...-continuation/

Ring of Continuation

This band of braided copper wires throbs ever so slightly in harmony with its wearer’s heartbeat.

Whenever the wearer of the ring casts a spell with a range of personal and a duration of 10 minutes per level or greater that spell remains in effect for 24 hours or until the wearer casts another spell with a range of personal (whichever comes first). Spells that usually only affect one specific action (such as making a particular attack) are expended after that action. This does not reduce the duration of spells that normally last longer than 24 hours. Casting a new spell does not eliminate a previous spell if its normal duration is such that it would still be in effect. However, attempts to dispel or otherwise eliminate a spell kept active by the ring work normally and, if successful, remove the spell from the ring, causing the wearer to lose all benefits from that spell.

Forge Ring, mnemonic enhancer; Cost 28,000 gp.
    There was a similar item from AD&D called a Ring of Spell Holding (Dragon # 82).

Are there any similar such items for 3.0/3.5?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items...-continuation/

There was a similar item from AD&D called a Ring of Spell Holding (Dragon # 82).

Are there any similar such items for 3.0/3.5?
    What Metamagic Persist should have been