New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default New Avengers Endgame Trailer

A new trailer for Avengers: Endgame dropped today.

So, there's scenes from previous films, a somber attitude, and spiffy white armor suits. But the real question is that now that Rocket is on Earth, will he finally learn what a raccoon is?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: New Avengers Endgame Trailer

Anyone recognize the lady speaking from 0:29 to 0:50?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tiornys View Post
    Anyone recognize the lady speaking from 0:29 to 0:50?
    I assumed it's Peggy Carter via Steve Roger's memories.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, it's what she said to him in Civil War.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

So if we take Black Widow’s hair as any indication theres a fair bit of time between some of those scenes and Infinity War. Looks like her blonde dye is growing out in most of the scenes. She is fully blonde with short hair in the last Captain Marvel scene though which tends to imply Captain Marvel actually arrives pretty early on in the movie.

Also the scene where they’re walking through the hanger all suited up in those white suits screams of trailer manipulation. Im betting you there are people in that scene who will not be there in the actual movie, just like the Infinity War trailer scenes that showed Hulk charging in Wakanda or Cap holding back Thanos’ gauntleted hand showing only 2 of the gems instead of all but the mind stone.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

So if we take Black Widow’s hair as any indication theres a fair bit of time between some of those scenes and Infinity War. Looks like her blonde dye is growing out in most of the scenes. She is fully blonde with short hair in the last Captain Marvel scene though which tends to imply Captain Marvel actually arrives pretty early on in the movie. I wonder if that is just something they intentionally did for the trailer to confuse the timeline.

Speaking of which, the scene where they’re walking through the hanger all suited up in those white suits also screams of trailer manipulation. Im betting you there are people in that scene who will not be there in the actual movie, just like the Infinity War trailer scenes that showed Hulk charging in Wakanda or Cap holding back Thanos’ gauntleted hand showing only 2 of the gems instead of all but the mind stone.
    Last edited by Chen; 2019-03-15 at 05:36 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7

So I've said a lot of negative things about the MCU, but this trailer I actually like. It's made from 90% recycled scenes from older films. Good to know Marvel is going green.

Also does anyone else feel this movie is gonna be 2 hours of filler and then a 30 minute long fight scene with Thanos? The plots pretty straight forward: beat Thanos and use gems to "ctrl z" what he did in the last film. Not a lot of plot. This does tend to be a major flaw in breaking up one film into two: at least one of the movies have an absurd amount of filler.

Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM View Post
    Yeah, it's what she said to him in Civil War.
    Actually she was alive during WWII, not the 1860s.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Only in the sense that such 'filler' is usually where the actual story happens. Lord of the Rings is just dropping a ring into a volcano to ctrl-z the Big Bad's existence, plus a lot of filler.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Yeah, I'm willing to bet that at least a year of in-story time has passed between the two films. That leaves time for Tony and Nebula to reach Earth and for the Tony and Banner and whoever else to science-up some way to get the remaining Avengers into space and nail it to Thanos.

Not sure that I'm convinced that parts of the trailer are fake, though. With the trailer for Infinity War, they changed a bunch of things to hide plot points, like showing how many stones were on the glove so the fans like us couldn't guess at what point that scene would be in the film. With this trailer, what would Marvel / Disney be hiding? The fact that everyone is somber and trying to cope with the loss? The fact that some of the characters in the white suits might not be solemnly marching off to... who knows what?

I'm kind of surprised that we haven't had much of a clue as to how the Avengers are going to pull this one off. Personally, I'm betting on time travel, or at least some way that resets the clock and ensures that the great finger snap never happened. Because having future movies take place in a world where half of the population was killed off and then subsequently resurrected would be a little too odd. Can you imagine all of the religions and dogma that would pop up after all of that?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Berserk Mecha View Post
    Yeah, I'm willing to bet that at least a year of in-story time has passed between the two films. That leaves time for Tony and Nebula to reach Earth and for the Tony and Banner and whoever else to science-up some way to get the remaining Avengers into space and nail it to Thanos.

Not sure that I'm convinced that parts of the trailer are fake, though. With the trailer for Infinity War, they changed a bunch of things to hide plot points, like showing how many stones were on the glove so the fans like us couldn't guess at what point that scene would be in the film. With this trailer, what would Marvel / Disney be hiding? The fact that everyone is somber and trying to cope with the loss? The fact that some of the characters in the white suits might not be solemnly marching off to... who knows what?

I'm kind of surprised that we haven't had much of a clue as to how the Avengers are going to pull this one off. Personally, I'm betting on time travel, or at least some way that resets the clock and ensures that the great finger snap never happened. Because having future movies take place in a world where half of the population was killed off and then subsequently resurrected would be a little too odd. Can you imagine all of the religions and dogma that would pop up after all of that?
    They did exactly that in the comics...

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    Only in the sense that such 'filler' is usually where the actual story happens. Lord of the Rings is just dropping a ring into a volcano to ctrl-z the Big Bad's existence, plus a lot of filler.
    These movies have a story?

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Having the finger snap get reversed is a no-brainer. Everyone talks about how Marvel made things boring by essentially revealing that fact by scheduling movies to happen after Infinity War, but the fact is that killing half the universe is too big an event to continue on with, and far too depressing of an event to have stick in a set of movies as light-hearted as the MCU.

I find the prospect of non-snapped characters not making it far more interesting, and as far as I'm concerned this trailer pretty much confirms that Stark and Cap at least aren't making it. I wouldn't be surprised to lose Hawkeye as well. The Hulk is a harder sell because he is both iconic and far harder to replace, and we know Black Widow is getting a film (although that could still be a prequel/take place prior to Infinity War).

But Tony and Steve getting Flashbacks of Death, when they were already at the top of my dead pool? They're toast.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Hat View Post
    These movies have a story?
    That's cute.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    ...Huh. Well, I guess it's the obvious solution.

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    That's cute.
    And also 100% accurate.

16. - Top - End - #16

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    I assumed it's Peggy Carter via Steve Roger's memories.
    Ah, thank you!

The hints in the Antman movies that time travel is possible are why I think Endgame is going to involve time travel.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

And also 100% accurate.
    Just because they aren’t the most complex stories ever doesn’t mean they aren’t stories
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Androgeus' 3 step guide to Doctor Who speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pick a random character
    2. State that person is The Rani
    3. goto 1

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Difference is that in the comics the people were also gone for only a few hours.

Its the difference between Seeing a family member turn to ash, and living for months/years without knowing what happened to them.

And Having a family member just vanish without a trace, and appear later that afternoon.

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Androgeus View Post
    Just because they aren’t the most complex stories ever doesn’t mean they aren’t stories
    Here's a parallel: do you consider a burger from a fast food chain real food?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    Also the scene where they’re walking through the hanger all suited up in those white suits screams of trailer manipulation. Im betting you there are people in that scene who will not be there in the actual movie, just like the Infinity War trailer scenes that showed Hulk charging in Wakanda or Cap holding back Thanos’ gauntleted hand showing only 2 of the gems instead of all but the mind stone.
    Wait, that happened?
    Give directly to the extreme poor.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lacuna Caster View Post
    Wait, that happened?

2:00 in the trailer itself, but you can see Hulk right there in the thumbnail. That spot in the actual movie is occupied by Bruce in the Hulkbuster suit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwievZ1Tx-8

1:45 in this one, there are multiple empty slots visible in the gauntlet as Cap is holding it back. In the movie, they're full minus the Mind Stone.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

What's more, in the previous Endgame trailer, there were some conspicuous gaps in group shots, suggesting someone had been edited out (probably Captain Marvel, but you never know.)

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    Difference is that in the comics the people were also gone for only a few hours.

Its the difference between Seeing a family member turn to ash, and living for months/years without knowing what happened to them.

And Having a family member just vanish without a trace, and appear later that afternoon.
    Plus the Earth leaving orbit so everything started to freeze while portals to dimensions filled with monsters started to open up due to the fabric of time-space started to break down as in the comics the greater cosmic entities came out to throw down with Thanos and the resulting battle literally shaked the universe.

There was also planets being used as improvised weapons by said cosmic entities.

So it may've been just a few hours, but they were literally some hell of an hours. Although I guess that people were too busy trying to die or surviving to feel sad in the comic while months/years would give plenty of time for sadness to set in.

In the other hand in the comics the control-z also reset most people's memories of the whole thing. Wonder if they'll do the same in the new movie, or if everybody will be super happy for their loved ones return and left written in history how half the population went missing then came back later breaking all the laws of physics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

I mean after New York and Sokovia, the 'laws' of physics have already been visibly and publicly downgraded to 'politely worded suggestions'. So it's not outside the realm of possibility for the aftereffects of the Snap to remain in public consciousness leading into Phase 4. "A supervillain did it" is literally a plausible explanation for something like half the population vanishing for an unknown period.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2019-03-16 at 04:41 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Parallel seems imperfect as you didn't have the 'real' inserted into the previous post to make the Gatekeeping explicit.

While I do think finding out why people have differences of opinions can be engaging I don't think dropping dismissive one liners is a very productive attempt at it, but if you find that cathartic...*shrugs*

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    I mean after New York and Sokovia, the 'laws' of physics have already been visibly and publicly downgraded to 'politely worded suggestions'. So it's not outside the realm of possibility for the aftereffects of the Snap to remain in public consciousness leading into Phase 4. "A supervillain did it" is literally a plausible explanation for something like half the population vanishing for an unknown period.
    Sokovia and New York were still limited to relatively small areas, life just kept going for 99.99% of the planet's population.

But the Snap did make half the population go puff so stastically everybody was directly affected (if not died as well from crashing planes and whatnot).

Even if the avengers manage to un-Snap, even if that includes saving all the people who died indirectly from the Snap, if people keep the memory of what happened, it will still be a civilization-changing moment. Supervillains no longer are just something that happens to some unlucky people and give the Daily Bungle some extra sales, they can be angry gods that can snuff out billions in a whim with no place safe from them. Who or what do you trust then? There would be revolutions at every level of life.

Or the un-Snap also resets memories and the status quo are maintained.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the glyphstone View Post
    2:00 in the trailer itself, but you can see hulk right there in the thumbnail. That spot in the actual movie is occupied by bruce in the hulkbuster suit...

...1:45 in this one, there are multiple empty slots visible in the gauntlet as cap is holding it back. In the movie, they're full minus the mind stone.
    *screams* LIEEES. FILTHY LIEEEEES.
    Give directly to the extreme poor.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Yes? I mean they still provide sustenance which is what food is meant to do.
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Spoiler
    Show
    3. goto 1

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

If it ain't been dead six months (metaphorically) and/or is green and isn't mint chocolate, then it isn't real food.

Speaking personally.

Traditionaly, the only fast-food restaurant I use is McDonald's on rare occasion and the only thing I ever get from there is chicken nuggets and a banana icecream milkshake. Left to my own devices, home-food comes in a can or a cerial box. All main meals anywhere are consumed with baked beans and tomato sauce.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

All main meals anywhere are consumed with baked beans and tomato sauce.
    Tomato sauce in addition to the sauce that comes with the beans?
    Spoiler
    Show
    3. goto 1