New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Problem with Masterplan

So, I'm having a problem with Masterplan. It apparently still tries to connect to the old habitualindolence.net site, which looks like it now randomly redirects to a number of sites, most of which my antivirus software doesn't like very much.

The upshot is that if I don't use Masterplan offline my AV software deletes it. I supposed I could set up a bunch of exclusions for sites I know nothing about, but I would rather just turn off the connections between Masterplan and habitualindolence. Does anybody know a way of doing this?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Problem with Masterplan

Don't personally use Masterplan, but to avoid pinging sites your malware doesn't like, you can change your hosts file on the computer you use the program on. It's relatively simple. I would link to an article that would walk you through it, but my post count isn't high enough. You can copy/paste this into your address bar: support.rackspace.com/how-to/modify-your-hosts-file/ or you can Google and find similar results.

I would recommend changing the IP address for habitualindolence.net to 127.0.0.1. This is the address your machine uses to, for lack of a better term, talk to itself. Unless you're running a web server on your machine it won't find anything, but should be a similar result to when you run Masterplan offline.
    Last edited by e42randy; 2019-03-19 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Used "your" instead of "you're". Shame on me.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Host file would be a good solution. The alternative would be to deny outgoing connections to the website mentioned. If you're using the windods firewall, there should be easy to follow instructions on how to set that up.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

My AV software lets me deny the program access to the network, which seems to have fixed the problem.