Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [OOC] The Mysterious Case of New Ceres

I think we're good, yeah! You wanna jump ahead to the moment before launch? Or catch us up during the act? I'm game for whatever.
    Well, you know the old saying. "Give a man a sword and he'll do a d6 in damage. Tell a man the rules by which he must follow to craft his OWN sword, and the campaign's off the rails by suppertime".

Characters:
    Maestro Mentallo
    Xiolanos Dawnstrider

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't worry about this.

Lavendi - (1d4)[2]
    Colata - (1d4)[4]
    Brutus - (1d4)[1]
    Titus - (1d4)[1]
    Sirin - (1d4)[4]
    Kane - (1d4)[2]
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

-Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Oh nooooooooo!

Now I'm extra worriiiiiiiiiiieeeeeed!
    Well, you know the old saying. "Give a man a sword and he'll do a d6 in damage. Tell a man the rules by which he must follow to craft his OWN sword, and the campaign's off the rails by suppertime".

Characters:
    Maestro Mentallo
    Xiolanos Dawnstrider

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Infinity View Post
    Oh nooooooooo!

Now I'm extra worriiiiiiiiiiieeeeeed!
    mysterious forces are at work, but none so mysterious and intimidating as the luck of a die roll...

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

I'm just gonna... Roll perception and knowledge on whatever that was.

Perception: [[1d20+7]]

Knowledge: [[1d20]] [[1d20]] Best of these two +4 if Planes, +8 if Arcana. Lemme know if it's neither.

Characters:
    Maestro Mentallo
    Xiolanos Dawnstrider

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Discoooooord!

Perception: (1d20+7)[15]

Knowledge: (1d20)[11] (1d20)[2] Best of these two +4 if Planes, +8 if Arcana. Lemme know if it's neither.

Characters:
    Maestro Mentallo
    Xiolanos Dawnstrider

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Based on your perception, you are able to judge that Lavendi did quite a spectacular job dodging without endangering the ship or its course. She likely couldn't have done any better, just clipping the edge of the anomaly.

In terms of your knowledge checks, it is most certainly an anomaly. You haven't seen or studied anything like this. Strange lights messing with electronics? The closest thing you can reason is something like a magnetic field, where the light is just a by-product of magnetic interference between planets, suns, or planes. You haven't seen any nearby planets or suns as of yet, and while this could be a planar interference, that still would have meant the light was a by-product. It shouldn't have been tangible like that. Furthermore, ships have protections against magnetic interference, and while it may have set off an alarm or two it shouldn't have disabled the entire ship.

Magic seems more probable. There are certain spells and spheres that focus their attention on non-living things such as constructs, and don't affect living matter quite the same.

Speaking of which... one more thing with that perception check. Colata appears to be unconscious. Also, any electrical equipment anyone is carrying is also powered down.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

You know, I now realize that Kane could've just as easily just gotten out a flashlight. But I like the idea that this was a sort of panicked instinctual response on his part. Though, do let me know if starting a fire on a bridge is an idea so ill-advised he wouldn't have possibly done it to begin with, and I'll retcon it to replace the idea for the sake of sensibility.

Characters:
    Maestro Mentallo
    Xiolanos Dawnstrider

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

...And it is at THIS point that I realize I never actually bought healing items!

Please tell me there'd be some kind of med-kit on the bridge... Otherwise, the best course of action would be to literally just pass out for a day and get some health back.

Characters:
    Maestro Mentallo
    Xiolanos Dawnstrider

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Unless... Okay, when Kane uses his Spiritualism ability to gain a magic talent in the form of a Base Sphere he's never had, can he purposefully take a Drawback for that Sphere in order to gain an extra talent? Because, if yes, then could he take a Life Sphere Drawback alongside Life Sphere in order to get Self-Renewal, such that he could heal himself with a Swift Action AFTER falling unconscious from spending a Standard Action?

Characters:
    Maestro Mentallo
    Xiolanos Dawnstrider

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

There's definitely a medkit on board. Kane would know where it is. We'll say it has these potions:

(1d6)[3] Cure Serious Wounds
    (1d6)[6] Lesser Restoration
    (1d8+1)[6] Cure Moderate Wounds
    (1d12+2)[5] Cure Lesser Wounds

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Alright! Well, first and foremost, Kane will use one of the CSW potions on himself in the scene I'm writing, so I'll roll for that here.

Cure Serious Wounds: (3d8+5)[20] Nice.
    Last edited by Capt. Infinity; 2019-06-18 at 09:36 AM.

Characters:
    Maestro Mentallo
    Xiolanos Dawnstrider

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Hmmm... Probably not gonna do it now, but my question does remain: Is Kane allowed to invoke his temporary bonus talent such that he can gain access to multiple talents by buying Drawbacks alongside them? Obviously, the Drawbacks would need to be relevant and not superfluous, but even still, it's obviously something that needs approval for valid reasons.

Oh, and AWESOME post by the way. The game has been great thus far, and I look forward to it continuing.

Characters:
    Maestro Mentallo
    Xiolanos Dawnstrider

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Thank you!

And can you link me to the specific feat/trait that allows the buying of a new talent? It's a wild magic thing, isn't it?

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Actually, it's a Hedgewitch power! As part of one of Kane's chosen Traditions: Spiritualism.

Tradition Power
    You may channel spirit allies into yourself, temporarily gaining their knowledge and experience. As a standard action, you may grant yourself the benefit of any one magic talent or combat feat you donít possess. This effect lasts for 1 minute. You must meet all of the featís prerequisites, or if gaining a magic talent other than a base sphere, you must possess that talentís base sphere. You may use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + 1/2 your hedgewitch level (minimum 1).

Multiple uses of this ability do not stack. If you use this ability again before the previous duration has expired, it replaces the previous use. If a feat has a daily use limitation (such as Stunning Fist), any uses of that combat feat while using this ability count toward that featís daily limit.

At 5th level, you may use this ability to gain the benefits of two combat feats or magic talents at the same time. You may select one feat or magic talent as a move action or two feats or magic talents as a standard action. You may use one of these feats or magic talents to meet a prerequisite of the second feat or magic talent; doing so means that you cannot replace a feat currently fulfilling anotherís prerequisite without also replacing those feats that require it. Each individual feat or magic talent selected counts toward your daily uses of this ability.

At 9th level, you may gain the benefits of two feats or magic talents as a move action or one feat or magic talent as a swift action.

At 13th level, you may use this ability to gain the benefits of three combat feats or magic talents at the same time. You may select one feat or magic talent as a free action, two feats or magic talents as a swift action, or three feats or magic talents as a move action. You may use one of the feats or magic talents to meet a prerequisite of the second and third feats or magic talents and use the second feat or magic talent to meet a prerequisite of the third feat or magic talent. Each individual feat or magic talent selected counts toward a daily uses of this ability.

At 17th level, you may gain the benefit of one combat feat or magic talent as an immediate action or three combat feats or magic talents as a swift action. Each individual feat or magic talent selected counts toward your daily uses of this ability.
    It's never EXPLICIT about if Drawbacks can be bought too. So I leave it to your overall discretion.
    Last edited by Capt. Infinity; 2019-06-18 at 02:09 PM.

Characters:
    Maestro Mentallo
    Xiolanos Dawnstrider

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Oh hey! Also, I just re-discovered that Kane has this Trait:

Daysense (Magic) - You can sense the positions of the celestial bodies, even when you are underground or they are out of sight. This allows you to always know the precise time and the direction of true north. In addition, you gain a +1 trait bonus on Knowledge (Geography) and Survival checks, and one of these skills (Survival) becomes a class skill.

We can probably justify the issue right now with "He literally just crash-landed on an entirely new planet." But I thought I'd post it here just for when it seems appropriate for him to fully understand the geographical orientation/time scale of the planet.

Characters:
    Maestro Mentallo
    Xiolanos Dawnstrider

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm gonna say no on the Drawbacks thing. Seems like it could get out of hand.

And I'll remember that daysense thing!

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Heh. Perfectly fair. Though, in a slightly different vein, could I use the talent to buy off a Drawback I already possess temporarily? Like the limitation to only Create within the Creation Sphere?

And cool! Happy to hear it.
    Last edited by Capt. Infinity; 2019-06-18 at 06:11 PM.

Characters:
    Maestro Mentallo
    Xiolanos Dawnstrider

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

You can do that, yes. :) Probably won't get up a post until tomorrow. Busy tonight dming irl.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Oh! All good. Momentum's fine as-is.

Hope you have fun at your game!

Characters:
    Maestro Mentallo
    Xiolanos Dawnstrider

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

I'll roll the Climb check in the post, but let's get that Planes roll out of the way. Rolling twice and taking the better, as per Kane's Spiritualism Tradition Benefit (Gotta love that Avatar-style past-life-knowledge!).

Knowledge (Planes): (1d20+4)[5] (1d20+4)[11] Made it!

Also, worthy of note that, thanks to the same power, Kane can make any Knowledge roll untrained. So don't hesitate to give him DCs greater than 10 in the future, even if he doesn't actually possess any ranks.
    Last edited by Capt. Infinity; 2019-06-20 at 09:34 AM.

Characters:
    Maestro Mentallo
    Xiolanos Dawnstrider

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Alright, so. Is the infection so bad that it would require a treatment for the disease SEPARATE from the healing? Or is it still just considered damage, but damage that can't be expected to heal on its own?

Taking 10 on a Heal/Perception check (whichever you think is best), just in case that's needed to make the call. Spending Inspiration in the process.

Heal/Perception: 14/17 + (1d6)[2] 16/19 Total.
    Last edited by Capt. Infinity; 2019-07-03 at 02:27 PM.

Characters:
    Maestro Mentallo
    Xiolanos Dawnstrider

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

It is considered damage that won't heal on its own.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Sirin Will Save - (1d20+4)[16] let's see here...