(1d20+2)[16]
    (1d20+2)[12]
    (1d20+2)[6]
    (1d20+2)[18]
    (1d20+2)[20]

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: It Stares Back IC

It's... Strong, I'll give it that! Heart says, smiling. I'm not sure I like the taste of the alcohol itself-oh, but thank you! Thank you for the drink.

As she sees Alston score so high, she claps the gnome on the back when he's not tossing darts, saying Awesome job! Go for the win, go for it!
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by creakyaccordion View Post
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]
    Much to many's surprise, Skrembol makes it past the first two rounds. He's given a cheer and a pat on the back as he was the smallest of stature to enter the competition, but beat several of the larger folk who thought they could do better. "Good guts, little goblin!" the familiar half orc exclaims as he lifts the third round and Skrembol is ushered out of line.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

Skrembol bows his head. ""Thank you, kindest sir, your compassion truly means the world to a little green man such as I." He then stands directly in front of Krogthar, watching with rapt intent, mesmerized by his strength and brazen demeanor.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Dorkas collects his winnings into his pouch and nods his head to the halfling. He has a certain amount of respect for the halfling that only a fellow charlatan would. He leans in to the halfling and whispers "judging by the slack jawed look of the yokels I'd say you are going to get this money back threefold"

Dorkas takes his leave and heads to the elf. For someone who had taken the time to study magic for his own profit he hadn't got around to learning simple illusions yet.

"Trying to fleece some gold? You know it is bad luck to not drop a coin in before you start?"
    Dorkas drops a single gold coin into the jar.
    "That should get you started"
    Dorkas leans back and watches the show.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Dorkas is giving Lora a gold coin

6. - Top - End - #36

OrcBarbarianGuy

Krogthar grunts and grimaces holding the weight.
    Str saving throw 23

7. - Top - End - #37

OrcBarbarianGuy

His muscle begin to twitch and sweat beads on his forhead
    He bellows "KROTHAR BREAKER OF MOUNTAINS, SHALL NOT WAIVER"

8. - Top - End - #38

BardGuy

Skrembol begins to clap excitedly. "Yes! Yes! Krogthar the Strong, defeat these knaves with thine muscles of steel! The forces of justice are behind you!"

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Loraxina

Lora, usually very subdued and somber, seemed to have a nice knack for storytelling through simple magic-use, hitting all the notes right and never letting any moment linger too long.

Dice Roll from OOC
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Dingle Dongle Dangle - Do it at an Angle~

10. - Top - End - #40

MonkGirl

Sally says to Alston, "You're pretty good."

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

(1d20+5)[8]
    (1d20+5)[16]
    (1d20+5)[17]

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Feren replies to the half-elf, Not at all! What do you need to unload, these sandbags? Quite the load of them you've got there! He begins to help the half-elf unload whatever needs unloading.

Spoiler
    Show
    Do I need to make an Athletics check?

Just in case: (1d20+1)[21]
    "Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn - " -- Zadok Allen, The Shadow Over Innsmouth, H.P. Lovecraft

Current PbP Characters:
    Feren Thianal
    Estella of Chelen

Current Homebrew Projects:
    Bug Collector

12. - Top - End - #42

Quote Originally Posted by Aranfan View Post
    Sally says to Alston, "You're pretty good."
    He's great! Heart says. But, then again, you did make the same score, so that makes you great too!

Show
    Show

Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Spoiler: Sally, Heart and Alston.
    Show
    Pending Alston's reply.
    Sally has scored an 8 with a miss and two fours.

Spoiler: Skrembol and Krogthar
    Show
    Krogthar's muscles flex in the fading sunlight as the ball of heat finally descends behind the distant mountains. His pale Goliath skin glistens in the now fire-lit arena as the human drops his weights and swears before walking off. A few seconds later, with a loud bellow, the other goliath drops his set and saunters off, shooting a glance of annoyance towards the other competitors. There's a quiet suspension for a few moments before heckles and cheers fill the area. The half-orc and Krogthar stand there for what seems like an eternity as their displays of strength awe the audience around them. If Skrembol glances towards the half-orc, he sees a slight break in his posture as one of his arms dips slightly lower, with a satisfied grunt and a small, tusky smile, he drops his weight and stands there, content in his defeat. Krogthar is given a mighty cheer as he is the last one standing. He's given a firm handshake from his final competitor. "Congratulations, Krogthar Strong. You've done well and shown a fine spirit, if perhaps you could learn some manners." The large male walks off and Krogthar is handed a sack of 30g.
    (I rolled a 22 for the final orc.)
    Again, Mini, please edit your posts if there's more you wish to contribute to them, rather than making another, so we don't fill up the pages too quickly.

Spoiler: Feren
    Show
    "Yes, just these bags! Hop on, we'll drive around to the stage." Being you've said Feren will assist I assume he hops on the cart and rides back around to the stage. When they arrive, the half-elf grabs his lute and swings it around his shoulder. When lifted, the bags seem lighter than expected. They're not so much the refined, almost square flood-protection sandbags we're used to. They're more like sacks with ropes near the top holding the end. Their contents are obviously sedimentary in nature and they're quite full for backs that are about 3litres (80% of a gallon) in size. If Feren picks a bag up from underneath, or touches the fuller part in any way, he'll notice the contents are quite freely moving and sparse, it doesn't clump together like sand or soil and it feels very fine. As the bags are piled up, a number of individuals begin to gather around in a half-circle near the fancily dressed man. The six performers are wearing matching costumes of various colours, two blue, two purple, two yellow. The half-elf flicks you a gold piece and gives you a wink. "Thanks for your help, stranger." He turns back to the performers and enters a 'hype-up' sort of body posture. "You ready to dance in front of your fellow townspeople, everyone?!" There's an enthusiastic cheer as they begin to talk details and seem to practice some small parts of choreography.

Spoiler: Lora and Dorkas
    Show
    With her performance, taking what I assume is several minutes (max of 15?), Lora attracts a small crowd. The crowd listens quietly and seems enthralled by her story. At the end of her tail she's acquired 3 gold (including the one from Dorkas), 8 silver and 6 copper, in total. In an array of coins that may be however you wish.
    This woman seems rather skilled in Dorkas' eyes. Her illusions are refined and she's quite the storyteller as well. When she finishes he gets a sense of completion that comes from a satisfying ending of a good book or play.

As the sun fades past the horizon, there's a lot of commotion as many stalls complete their final bouts of business and shut for the night. The pie eating and arm-wrestling competitions are complete as the large number of attendees to this festival begin to make their way towards the talent stage. Only the darts tournament remains before the final attraction of the festival.

GM RULING: All Dice Rolls to be done using the OOTS Forums Dice Roller, preferably accompanying the post you make but into the OOC is fine for any fixes/rerolls or other things that might be limited to the forums.
    Last edited by Mada; 2019-03-23 at 08:48 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Loraxina

As if she hadn't really expected her own skillful story telling, which had been an abridged version of her first encounter with a shade back while she was still in the Shadowfell, It can as quite the surprise when she finally finished her focus on the illusions and saw the rather large grouping of people (Dorkas included).
    Knowing not how to really... deal with a crowd, she merely just stood and gave a light bow to the crowd, her face hidden behind her finely-wrought mask. It gave a sorta sorrowful feeling when anyone were to look at it's details, with a somewhat there-but-not-really dislocation. As if it had no more substance than a whisp of smoke, yet had the appearance of solidity.
    Looking at her small jar, seeing the large amount of copper, silver and a singular cold coin that was in it, Lora made quite a puzzled face (which no one could see). She had not expected more than a few coppers to pay for a day's stay at the small-town inn. Not.... (counting).... 1 gold, 25 silver and 36 copper coins. It was a rather hefty amount, especially considering she had just wanted to re-experience an memory of home, but done in a way so others wouldn't understand the underlying truth of it. They'd need her memories to understand the real truth, otherwise they'd just experience a good story, with a sad undertone, a bittersweet but fulfilling ending and a somewhat pleasant after-sensation. She had not expected that much money, but hey, at least it seems like she'd do well as an illusionist entertainer.

With her hood still up, mask still on, the emptied the jar into her own coinpurse and headed off into the rest of the fun-fair happenings, mostly just looking here and there with a mild curiousity.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Feren thanks the half-elf, replying, And thanks to you, sir! He heads to the front of the audience area beneath the stage and waits for the performances to begin.
    "Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn - " -- Zadok Allen, The Shadow Over Innsmouth, H.P. Lovecraft

Current PbP Characters:
    Feren Thianal
    Estella of Chelen

Current Homebrew Projects:
    Bug Collector

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Sally, Heart and Alston

After her 8, which is by no means a bad score, Alston blows Sally out of the water with a 17.
    There's some cheers and a few drinks are had, Kyle comes up to Heart and asks: "Did you friend win?"
    The pot of 5g is scooped up and presented to Alston for the keeping,

17. - Top - End - #47

Lizardfolk

Not put off by the Lora's quiet demeanor, Dorkas invites himself to walk beside the stranger. "You are quite talented. A rare find in these parts". Dorkas smiles at Lora. His flattery to some extent is sincere but for Dorkas flattery is just a tool. A tool thats use is only for an end. For Dorkas this end was almost always gold.

"You know, I myself am also a practitioner of the arcane arts? Where did you study?"

18. - Top - End - #48

OrcBarbarianGuy

i know this is in charecter but how do you use the dice roller

19. - Top - End - #49

OrcBarbarianGuy

GROKTHAR roars in triumph giving the half-orc a hearty slap on the back "well done my green (or grey) friend perhaps next time" and grabs the gold picking up his mail as he strides back towards the main group of people.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yay, I won! Hey Heart, lookI Alston walks over to his new friend excitedly. I'm gonna go shopping for trinkets and food. Do you want to come? There will be trinkets... and food!
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lank View Post
    Not put off by the Lora's quiet demeanor, Dorkas invites himself to walk beside the stranger. "You are quite talented. A rare find in these parts". Dorkas smiles at Lora. His flattery to some extent is sincere but for Dorkas flattery is just a tool. A tool thats use is only for an end. For Dorkas this end was almost always gold.

"You know, I myself am also a practitioner of the arcane arts? Where did you study?"
    Loraxina

Lora gazed sideways at the human following alongside her, unsure as to why this man was following her. That hair and goatee..... it was odd to her, even though she'd spend a year on the material plane now, the whole thing about how overwhelmingly intense the sensation of color was, still caught Lora off-guard from time to time. Her own monotone verypale-skin, her silvery grey irises, that raven black hair going almost deep purple-blue in it's highlights when the light hits it just right... all of her appearance was just very lacking in color and 'life', so to speak.
    Not this human claiming to be a scholar of the arcane arts, no siree.

"Do I know you?" She asked, sounding a bit stand-offish. Sure she had charisma, but when it's not done for a purpose, she was not the most socially-able person. "I mean, thanks for the compliment, but it's just minor illusions. Nothing much to it." She added in, tone mild and calm. It was quite clear she had no interest of revealing much about herself to some human stranger, after all.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52

Yes, he did! Heart says, rushing over and giving Alston a big ol' hug. Congratulations! she says to him. And, well, I'd hate to impose on your generosity, but I do enjoy food and shiny objects... she adds with a little giggle.

Oh, and Alston, this is Kyle, she says whenever Kyle catches up. Kyle, this is Alston. And if you see another tabaxi wandering around, that's probably my mom, Drifting Snowflake.

Show
    Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hi, Kyle. And thank you Heart. Let's go look at the stalls.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Mada, could you give a list of stalls and their wares? Also, I just want to note that this whole interaction is turning out way more giddy than I had intended it to (not that this is a bad thing, just interesting).
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

24. - Top - End - #54

BardGuy

Skrembol searches for Krogthar out in the crowd, desperately dashing around to find him. Upon finally locating him, Skrembol stands in front of Krogthar and says, "Sir Krogthar the Strong, I know you do not know of me, but my name is Skrembol the Unworthy. I once was a horrid wretch of crime and filth, but have since turned my ways to the light of Justice and Honor. Your power at the Tournament of Strength today moved me so greatly, I could only dream of ever being so strong. I was wondering if...well, I was wondering if you might find it among your fancies for us to be compatriots in the never ending battle against the forces of darkness. I understand if it would disgust you to be a friend of a little green man and that if my past as a wretch disturbs you, but if you could look past that, I think we will truly be a beautiful pair of allies."
    Last edited by creakyaccordion; 2019-03-24 at 12:54 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Mr green god man" "me be your friend and com patri iot " forever"
    as Krogthar grunts and draws his sword to signify his oath " As long as the proud mountains stand Krogthar be allied."
    Last edited by miniatureaddict; 2019-03-25 at 07:35 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Spoiler: miniatureaddict
    Show
    The OOC thread can be found here, in which JNAProductions has kindly given us a demonstration of how to use the forum dice-roller.

Also can you please STICK with one name...
    I'm getting sick of having to correct every post you make, dude, if it keeps going I'm just going to ask you to leave because it's ruining the fun for me and that's why I'm here.

Spoiler: Skrembol, Krogthar and Feren
    Show
    The two contrasting characters, the small, humble goblin and the large, boisterous goliath make their way towards the stage to see what all the commotion is about, there appears to be a talent show almost ready to begin. The judges are taking their seats and organising sheets of paper while what appears to be an announcer is running around the stage moving things from here to there, checking a piece of parchment meticulously and talking to some other stage hands.

Spoiler: Heart and Alston
    Show
    Kyle sees the crowds moving on and begins to move with them, he turns back to Heart and Alston, "If you're going to the talent show I'll try and find you again!"

There appears to be not much left open, as you step out towards the market. As night has fallen, most of the stalls have closed up to watch the final event of the show. Nearby there appears to be one food vendor with a crude sign painted ON A STICK above the establishment. It appears to be selling various vegetables and meats skewered on wooden sticks for each eating on the movie. The fire has died down but a few, freshly made specimens remain that the vendor seems eager to sell and move on.
    A trinket vendor that is still at their stall appears to be packing up, but seems to have some small pieces of wooden and cheap-metal accessories, such as rings, bracelets, necklaces and anklets. There's also a small shop selling winter coats for the coming cold season that seems to be staying open for a little bit as the weather is getting colder with the absence of the sun.

Spoiler: Sally
    Show
    After taking a defeat in the final round, the gnome and the cat-lady leave. Sally notices a large movement of people leaving the building and heading towards a talent stage she may have noticed earlier.

Spoiler: Dorkas and Loraxina
    Show
    Of the crowd that was observing Lora's show, all but Dorkas have left to go to the talent show.
    Dorkas is receiving a somewhat cold and untrusting vibe from Lora.

27. - Top - End - #57

BardGuy

Skrembol tips his shield to the point of Krogthar's sword, so that they touch, each directly at the other's center. He affirms solemnly, "Forever."

28. - Top - End - #58

MonkGirl

Sally heads to the talent stage to watch the show.

29. - Top - End - #59

Lizardfolk

"How rude of me. My name is Dorkas Ascondur, a pleasure to make your acquaintance hmmm??? Dorkas smiles and twirls his finger waiting to here the stranger's name.

Whether he gets it or not he continues to speak.
    "Nothing much to it? Why I don't believe that at all.
    The imagination it takes to think up such a story speaks volumes of your ability"

Dorkas lets out a gleaming smile.
    "You know there is lots of gold to be made from these folk, how do you feel about card games? Or dice games? The simpler folk out here love that stuff. And I don't need to tell you how a gifted wizard can sometimes have an...edge on those games. But could you imagine the profits if two gifted wizards played together? My my that would really be something, wouldn't it?"

30. - Top - End - #60

OrcBarbarianGuy

Krogthar then gives Skrembol 15 gold saying gruffly "For you mr green friend, you have the will to win the strength contest. Here take half of the winnings, for will is just as important as strength!" He then pats Skrembol on the back bending slightly and then following him.
    Last edited by miniatureaddict; 2019-03-25 at 07:27 AM.