New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: It Stares Back IC

Heart, after giving her mom one last hug, goes to find the important-looking man and seeing what he's doing.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

2. - Top - End - #152
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mada View Post
    The Inn
    Sally enters first, it's dead quiet and she appears to be the only one in here. The chairs are still flipped upside down on the tables, the fire is out and there's nobody behind the bar. A faint fiery light can be seen coming from a room out the back, there's some clanging and hissing noises accompanying heavy boot-steps coming from the room. After a moment, Garth pokes out his head and looks towards the dark entrance "Won't be a moment, just getting some food ready, would you mind lighting the fire for me?" As quickly as he arrived, he disappears again.
    Sally, obligingly, lights the fire. Then she makes her way over to the bar, and waits.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alston will go back to the guildhall and do whatever stuff is required of him in their response to the event, but if he gets any free time he will cook a meal for the families of each of the dancers and bring it to them.
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Dorkas marches into the inn.
    "How many monsters does one need to kill to get a drink around here?" Dorkas says confidently.
    Dorkas strides past Lora.
    "It doesn't matter if you aren't a wizard. Whatever you are, you sure showed them".
    Dorkas sits down at the bar and waits to be served.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If anyone is keeping count or interested, final blows went as follows:
    3 to Heart
    1 to Dorkas
    1 to Skrembol
    1 to Sally

The Inn
    After Dorkas makes his entrance, a muffled voice can be heard from the kitchen saying, "Just a minute!" should anyone be listening hard enough.
    Sure enough, a few minutes later Garth ducks his head out, seems to do a quick count of the room then ducks his head back in. A moment later and he comes out with four plates of what would be a mixture of standard fare from various menus, some boiled vegetables, fried bacon and some buttered bread. "Sorry it's not very coherent, but I wanted to make something quick, can I get anyone a drink? I've got wine, ale, whiskey, mead, most of anything you'd want. Can't promise on specifics though." He starts handing out the plates and cutlery and taking drink orders from any who want some.

After taking your orders he returns to the kitchen, leaving the four alone in the room with nothing but the fire to brighten the place up. The air is getting warmer, there's muffled voices beyond the door but they remain mostly blocked out by the stone exterior of the building.

The Showgrounds
    As Heart approaches Cuttler, he appears to be shifting between talking to people doing things, consoling sad people and writing on parchment that is delivered to him then taken away. If she stands close enough for long enough she'll get a "Mm?" without eye contact.

The Guild Hall
    Hall isn't the grandest of all, but it's one of the larger buildings in Steppen. One might find that it could be a renovated warehouse or barn from a while back with some extensions added on over the years. When Alston enters, he passes under a banner reading "The Taskers". He'd know to report to his superior who happens to the Stryker. The dragonborn woman is in the library reading a book with strange scrawling on the cover, Rurik doing the same. "You're back, I see, what did Cuttler want?"
    Last edited by Mada; 2019-04-14 at 03:56 AM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGirl

Show
    If anyone is keeping count or interested, final blows went as follows:
    3 to Heart
    1 to Dorkas
    1 to Skrembol
    1 to Sally

The Inn
    After Dorkas makes his entrance, a muffled voice can be heard from the kitchen saying, "Just a minute!" should anyone be listening hard enough.
    Sure enough, a few minutes later Garth ducks his head out, seems to do a quick count of the room then ducks his head back in. A moment later and he comes out with four plates of what would be a mixture of standard fare from various menus, some boiled vegetables, fried bacon and some buttered bread. "Sorry it's not very coherent, but I wanted to make something quick, can I get anyone a drink? I've got wine, ale, whiskey, mead, most of anything you'd want. Can't promise on specifics though." He starts handing out the plates and cutlery and taking drink orders from any who want some.

After taking your orders he returns to the kitchen, leaving the four alone in the room with nothing but the fire to brighten the place up. The air is getting warmer, there's muffled voices beyond the door but they remain mostly blocked out by the stone exterior of the building.

"I'll have some wine." Sally asks, before turning to Dorkas.

"I don't think we've been introduced. I'm Sally, priest of Tymora. You?"
    Last edited by Aranfan; 2019-04-14 at 06:42 AM.

7. - Top - End - #157

Lizardfolk

"Wine for me too". Dorkas turns to Sally.
    "Dorkas Ascondur, prodigy of the arcane arts. A pleasure to make you aquaintce Sally. Too bad it wasn't under better circumstances". Dorkas shoots Sally a smile. He had always admired the devotion of priests. Unfortunately for Dorkas any admiration was never reciprocated. Deep down he knew his choices had probably put him at odds with a lot of the gods, well the good ones at least.

8. - Top - End - #158

The Showgrounds
    As Heart approaches Cuttler, he appears to be shifting between talking to people doing things, consoling sad people and writing on parchment that is delivered to him then taken away. If she stands close enough for long enough she'll get a "Mm?" without eye contact.
    Do you have any information on where the man who made the demons came from? Heart asks. Or anything, anything at all, that might be used to track this and stop it?

Show
    Show

Show

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Loraxina

Lora flagged the tavernkeeper's attention to place an order of food. "Excuse me, can I order the usual? Bread, vegetable butter, leek stew or potato soup, depending on what's available today, and a small glass of wine. A pitcher of water as well." she uttered in a gentle, clean tone in a very crisp, understandable accent of Common (like when she'd spoken with Dorkas earlier), tinted with the exotic accent that'd be very hard to place. It wasn't local wood elven, high elven, etc.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Dingle Dongle Dangle - Do it at an Angle~

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Feren, in the inn, asks Garth, Could I get a glass of mead? Thank you. He then sits down near everybody else and begins to eat. So, I don't believe I've met any of you before. I'm Feren, Feren Thianal.
    "Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn - " -- Zadok Allen, The Shadow Over Innsmouth, H.P. Lovecraft

Current PbP Characters:
    Feren Thianal
    Estella of Chelen

Current Homebrew Projects:
    Bug Collector

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

The Inn
    Garth will bring all drinks requested, but turns to the warlock apologetically. "Sorry Laura, kitchen has been closed all day and it'd be three to four hours before a soup or stew would be ready... I could mash up some potatoes for you in about twenty minutes, but I'm really just throwing together what's fast here."

The Showgrounds
    Cuttler keeps his gaze on a piece of parchment he's scribbling on. "Afraid not, I didn't talk to him much, those that did are being left to grieve for a day. The Taskers are looking into the creatures and I told your companions that I'd stop by tomorrow to provide them with what reward and information I can offer." He makes a vague gesture towards Garth's Inn and says "Everyone else who was fighting is in there."

12. - Top - End - #162

Heart nods. Before leaving for the inn, though, she does say I believe in you. You can lead your people through this.

Show
    Show

Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

The Showgrounds
    Cuttler nods while letting out a sigh. "I hope so. I think closure will come with answers."

14. - Top - End - #164

Arriving at the inn, Heart looks to the various people assembled. She finds a spot to sit and asks the bartender Could I get some milk, please?

Show
    Show

Show

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Loraxina

Lora waved her hand off at Garth's words. "nono, I can wait. Just bring me the wine for now. Oh and a small bowl of water for my companion (indicating at her Raven), please. Oh and Garth, you should be getting it right by now. It's 'Lo-ra', not 'Lau-ra'~" She said with a meek smirk, quite the rarity. "It means something in my language. And you really shouldn't use my familial-name like that, but rather my full name of Loraxina~ She added in, making it clear she wasn't angry, just correcting him. It was her proper protocol to correct him, even if it was not a culturally regular thing for humans and such around here.
    She is a Shadar-Kai (unknown to just about everyone else. Most just think she is a very, VERY pale elf of sorts), so she got cultural norms very different from those of the Material Plane.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alston tells Stryker what Cuttler said, then goes about the course of action described in the previous post.
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

The Inn
    Garth wipes his hands on his apron while Lora is talking and meets her gaze near the end of her corrections. "With all due respect Lo-ra, it's also rather unseemly to ask someone to spend three hours to make a dish that would normally feed dozens, late on a night when he wasn't meant to be opening his business only moments after he watch six of his friends turn into beasts and die." Garth seems rather miffed. But he has his business face on. "You can have what everyone else is having, or I can mash some potatoes to go with your bread and vegetables." There's a pause.
    "Bowl of water, glass of wine and a glass of milk coming up."

Heads off to the bar, comes back with the drinks and stands there waiting for her response.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Ahh the interesting interactions brought from an Auto-Correct typo

The Guild Hall
    After hearing what he has to day, Rurik and Stryker go to scratch their chins in unison. "You should check in with the strangers who fought the beasts and see if they're interested in following up on this event. They might be persuaded by gold, answers or doing the right thing." she scoffs at that last part as though people like that don't exist.
    "For now, do what you want. We will have more info tomorrow."

Is Alston making anything extravagent for these people? Or just standard fare a commoner could easily make?
    For anything too fancy make a chef's supplies check, otherwise he will have no trouble preparing the meals.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Loraxina

Lora sigh a bit and gave Garth a dour, pale-elf gaze right back and waited for his return with her wine and the small bowl of water for her raven.
    "You know, Garth... It's not a very nice way to talk to a customer that was almost eaten by one of said beasts... Are you blaming me for defending myself? Have I not be a good customer and visitor to this place for the last year? If no, then I'll leave. I have no intentions on being disregarded towards in that tone by someone who is still but a child in years, compared to my kind. If you cannot keep a professional tone, then don't work with the customers." She said with a rather steely, but diplomatic tone. It was clear she did not appreciate his earlier words, but was also doing her best in trying to keep it constructive.
    "I asked for food, I did not know there was not the usual on the menu. no signs about if. If all i can get is Bread, butter and vegetables, then that's what I'll take. Is a light steaming of them fine? or shall I eat them raw?" Lora added in with a bit of a spikey tone, referring to the food and whether she'd be eating peeled and rinsed, raw carrots or what the deal was right now.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

The Inn
    Garth looks furious for a second then calms down. "I don't know about where you're from, Loraxina, but here, when you're at someones place of business you're on their property. While I try to show basic decency, if someone annoys me, they get the boot." He takes a pause. "Some people do a lot worse. For what it's worth, from our eyes, with all your years, your elves don't do much with 'em. I'd be careful about who you go calling child, some people might not take kindly. Anyway..." The innkeeper seems to have calmed down now, but clearly looks like he doesn't want to discuss it further. "I'll bring you your food, same as everyone else, minus the bacon, it looks like."
    He plods up to the back, brings back a plate and places it in front of Lora. After, he'll do a quick double take and makes sure everyone has food and drink, walk to the bar, grab himself an ale-mug full of whiskey and si at one of the stools. Garth drinks quietly, forehead resting on his knuckles between sips.

Around Steppen
    Alston spends about an hour making dinner for the five families of the deceased, whom we'll assume he knows well enough.
    Ryan and Susan Porter - Human brother and sister, were the dancers in Green, their younger brother is their only family in town.
    Johan Tunt - Human male, has a wife and two children he's left behind.
    Erik Koopter - Halfling Male, has a business partner who is also a good friend.
    Lila - Half-Elven female, human father lives in town.
    Kira Ragna - Dwarven female, ran the general goods store, husband and child left behind.

If he wishes to interrogate the families at all (no matter how politely) they ask to be left alone for the night and to come back tomorrow.
    Otherwise they are very thankful for the food and Alston's concern.
    Last edited by Mada; 2019-04-16 at 06:51 AM.

20. - Top - End - #170

Heart moves over to Garth. She asks Are you alright? and, after a few moments thought... Did you lose anyone today?

Show
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Feren moves and sits next to Lora. He says, in Elvish, I don't think we've been introduced. I'm Feren. Anyways, it's nice to see another elf around here, but I don't think I've ever seen any quite like you. Where are you from?
    "Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn - " -- Zadok Allen, The Shadow Over Innsmouth, H.P. Lovecraft

Current PbP Characters:
    Feren Thianal
    Estella of Chelen

Current Homebrew Projects:
    Bug Collector

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

The Inn
    Garth doesn't look up, just stares at his drink with a blank expression. "They were all my friends, it's not a big town, we're all family here."

23. - Top - End - #173

Lizardfolk

Dorkas drinks his wine but makes a very loud slurping sound that sounds out across the room. "Not bad" he says as he smiles to Garth.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Loraxina

Lora looked at Feren and felt an odd miss-aligned kinship to the fellow elf. However they couldn't be more diametrically opposing, what with her being a Shadar-Kai and Feren being an Eladrin.
    However Lora did not know this difference of course, but she could feel that there was a deeper vibrancy to Feren, compared to her own inner self. As if she was in the shadow, and Feren was in the clear intense sunlight.

"Hm? Oh, well, I am not from around here. I'd rather not tell some stranger I do not know, where my homeland is. I've lived here the last year tho." She said in a guarded, but conversational-friendly way.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175

Heart frowns. I wish I knew what to say... I wish I knew what to do.

Show
    I think it's about time to move on to the next event-at the very least, I'm ready to move on. Just kinda treading here.

Show
    Show

Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

GM Says
    Was sorta meant to be a thing to get you sorta introduced to each other.
    When you're all ready to move on we will, though.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

The Inn
    The next morning our adventurers wake from their slumber in their rather comfy inn beds.
    As they move down the stairs, Cuttler and Stryker are waiting at a table already ladden with various breakfast foods (even a stew for Lora), they greet them with smiles and offer each of them a seat.
    "Good morning, how was your night? Cuttler asks in a bright tone.
    Feren apologises and excuses himself, mentioning he has some business to attend to.

Show
    We're currently moving ahead with Heart, Dorkas and Lora.

28. - Top - End - #178

Lizardfolk

Dorkas rubs the sleep from his eyes and sits down.
    "Been better to be honest" Dorkas says quietly.
    "So uhh, not to be rude... but who are you?"

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Loraxina

Lora came down from her room, visible circles around her eyes. It was clear she hadn't slept the best, possibly due to yesterday's events.
    "*Yawn*.... mmh, What's for breakfast today?" She asked Garth or whomever else were on duty at the Tavern this morning.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180

Heart, before coming down the stairs, takes a brief moment to breathe deeply, and smile.

She comes down, and says Salutations, everyone!

Show
    Show

Show