New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Portal: Intelligent Magic Item, Stats Help

OK, This time this item is purely for my homebrew. I make alot of stuff from my own personal favorite "pop-culture" and "cult-classics" of movies, video games, books and others. And this time, if anyone has a better or more "lore-friendly", version of it, please tell me!

Spoiler: Intelligent Magic Item Creation Basics
    Show
    Aperture

Int 20, +8000 gp, +5 ego

Wis 20, +8000 gp, +5 ego

Cha 10

Neutral Evil

Empathy

Speech, +500 gp

Senses (120 ft), +1000 gp

Can cast two 0-level spells; at will, +2000 gp, +2 ego (Canny Effort and Capture Alive (3pp spells) CL 20 th?)

10 ranks in Craft: Trap, +10000 gp, +2 ego

Can change shape into the form of a potato, +10000 gp, +2 ego (Willingly stays in potato form)

Dedication: Slay all, +2 ego

Dedicated Power 1: detect special purpose creatures within 60 feet, +10000 gp, +1 ego

Dedicated Power 2: Item can use a 7th-level spell; at will, +182000 gp, +2 ego; (Major Creation, limited to stone or metal, CL 20 th.)

Base magic item (Iron Flask), 170000 gp, +8 ego

Uncaring (3pp), -3 ego

Ego and Price Total:

28 Ego: (Will save DC 28)

Price: 391,500 gp

Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    Personality Quirks:

1. Know-it-all

2. Is polite but obviously insincere

3. Intellectual bully

4. Treats all others as lesser forms of intelligence

5. Is quick to praise people even for little things

6. Seems slightly surprised when anyone else has a good idea or does something productive

7. Thinks most objects are intelligent items

8. Lacks a moral compass when making plans and often proposes horrific solutions to minor problems

9. Never tires of learning new and interesting bits of information

10. Is often confused by the deeds of others and regularly asks about the reason for certain actions

Thank you in advance.
    "If you can find a legal way to do it, then its allowed, if its not RAW, it isnt."- My GM
    Im the GMs sidekick, but i gotta follow the rules. - Myself

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Portal: Intelligent Magic Item, Stats Help

why is it based on iron flask?

3. - Top - End - #3

MindFlayer

OK, first off. i was drunk when i made this last night...

Second i think it was because i wanted it to be able to capture a creature and release it into puzzles and traps made by major creation. And also the size of a potato...
    "If you can find a legal way to do it, then its allowed, if its not RAW, it isnt."- My GM

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenv13 View Post
    OK, first off. i was drunk when i made this last night...

Second i think it was because i wanted it to be able to capture a creature and release it into puzzles and traps made by major creation. And also the size of a potato...
    The slay all dedication is not what it is called.
    I think it should be renamed slay non wielder since it is what it is described as.
    And I do not think this computer was particularly wise.(like placing a rocket launcher drone which was the only thing that could harm it in the area close enough for making gating rockets toward it easy)
    Last edited by noob; 2019-03-22 at 03:51 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    The slay all dedication is not what it is called.
    I think it should be renamed slay non wielder since it is what it is described as.
    And I do not think this computer was particularly wise.(like placing a rocket launcher drone which was the only thing that could harm it in the area close enough for making gating rockets toward it easy)
    This is completely true, She wasn't very wise. She was highly intelligent, but i couldn't do more than 20 Int, however I'm dropping Wis to 12 (500 gp). -4 ego, -7,500 gp.

Spoiler: Updated
    Show
    Aperture

Int 20, +8000 gp, +5 ego

Wis 12, +500 gp, +1 ego

Cha 10

Neutral Evil

Empathy

Speech, +500 gp

Senses (120 ft), +1000 gp

Can cast two 0-level spells; at will, +2000 gp, +2 ego (Canny Effort and Capture Alive (3pp spells) CL 20 th?)

10 ranks in Craft: Trap, +10000 gp, +2 ego

Can change shape into the form of a potato, +10000 gp, +2 ego (Willingly stays in potato form)

Dedication: Slay non-wielder, +2 ego

Dedicated Power 1: detect special purpose creatures within 60 feet, +10000 gp, +1 ego

Dedicated Power 2: Item can use a 7th-level spell; at will, +182000 gp, +2 ego; (Major Creation, limited to stone or metal, CL 20 th.)

Base magic item (Iron Flask), 170000 gp, +8 ego

Uncaring (3pp), -3 ego

Ego and Price Total:

24 Ego: (Will save DC 24)

Price: 384,000 gp

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Actually since it was not a computer ai made from zero but one made from an human it would make sense to simulate that with Nybor's Psychic Imprint(which copies a mind within a gem that can be included in a magic item to make it a magic intelligent item) and with that spell there is no int cap provided the subject have the int you want.
    It is easy to reach arbitrary intelligence since temporary boosts participate toward the int score to copy so you can easily get int scores as high as 50 on you magical intelligent item.

7. - Top - End - #7

MindFlayer

Actually since it was not a computer ai made from zero but one made from an human it would make sense to simulate that with Nybor's Psychic Imprint(which copies a mind within a gem that can be included in a magic item to make it a magic intelligent item) and with that spell there is no int cap provided the subject have the int you want.
    It is easy to reach arbitrary intelligence since temporary boosts participate toward the int score to copy so you can easily get int scores as high as 50 on you magical intelligent item.
    You wouldnt happen to know where to find alot of stacking Int bonuses, would you?

Cause imma def use that and update stats accordingly after research.

Edited: Well im stumped, without using exploding dice here is what i found:

Robe of Runes: +4 Enhancement bonus to Intelligence.
    Calabash of Last Drought: +2 profane bonus to Intelligence
    Tome of Clear Thought: Stackable +1 - +5 inherent bonus to Intelligence
    Psychonaut Manifestation: +4 alchemical bonus to random Ability Score (Intelligence)

Like i can fluff they spent a ton on +5 tomes of clear thought, but should i really?

Well, the above bonuses add up to +15, or +20 with two tomes. Exploding Dice equals base Intelligence score of 30. (4x6=24+(4x4=16)=30) for a total Intelligence Score of 50.

Side Question: How does this affect the Ego score of the item?

Edited, Again: Can you use 10 ranks in skill twice on same skill for 20 ranks?
    Last edited by Ravenv13; 2019-03-23 at 10:42 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Add in turning into a vampire and ageing before becoming a vampire.
    Or possibly add polymorph any object before your stack(in this case do not be a vampire) if you can find a very high int creature.
    Or start by draining yourself of most of your int then use a polymorph any object scroll to become a very high int creature then cure the drain and you nearly have twice the int of the creature you turn into then you can stack other int increasing stuff.
    If you consider the magical item to be a construct you can use the option to improve any characteristic of a construct of 2 per 5000 gp to increase its int after creation(less cheesy than the tricks mentioned before).
    Taking 10 rank on a skill twice would probably grant no additional benefit over taking it only one time.
    Last edited by noob; 2019-03-24 at 04:10 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9

MindFlayer

Add in turning into a vampire and ageing before becoming a vampire.
    Or possibly add polymorph any object before your stack(in this case do not be a vampire) if you can find a very high int creature.
    Or start by draining yourself of most of your int then use a polymorph any object scroll to become a very high int creature then cure the drain and you nearly have twice the int of the creature you turn into then you can stack other int increasing stuff.
    If you consider the magical item to be a construct you can use the option to improve any characteristic of a construct of 2 per 5000 gp to increase its int after creation(less cheesy than the tricks mentioned before).
    Taking 10 rank on a skill twice would probably grant no additional benefit over taking it only one time.
    Cheesy is still legal. But I'm probably gonna go with the 5000 gp for +2 Int, multiple times.