New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 68: Dawn of a New Season (or two)

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Industrial Strength Investigation]

Once Zenon is gone, Michalson looks like he's bout to say something, before collapsing to his knees.

"We, uh... at least we took one of 'em... moral stances."

He starts trying to get up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post

Misty moves up quietly and offers Michalson a hand.

"Are you ok, Detective?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [DibDob2: 2 Many Hippos]

With a creak, the doors swing open. The room behind them is an incredibly ornate arcane laboratory, coated almost entirely in bookshelves, tapestries, and tables with bubbling concoctions and beakers. A number of runes coat the float, inlaid in brass or glowing faintly with magic energies.
    In the center of one large one is an enormous white hippopotamus with a round black hat perched improbably on his head.
    "Well, here ya are, Master. The folks as promised."
    "Egad, you were entirely correct. The furry one does need a sandwich." A sandwich pops into existence next to Dibbles on a floating plate. It seems to be full of some sort of vegetable paste.
    "Now then, I'm glad you could stop in. I didn't realize my guests would be officers of course but I did know that I'd be getting-"
    "You're the hippo that bit me!" Dobbers suddenly shrieks, pointing a wide finger at the wizard as things finally fall into place into his brain.
    "What?"
    "Two years ago, blood moon! You almost took my arm off, and then I turned into this!" Dobbers says angrily, slapping his middle.
    "Oh, I was thinking there was a second. But I looked and could only find Or'usk here." "Curse buddies!" "But I dare say you've done well for yourself."
    "Done well? You ruined my life!" "Nonsense. You seem to have made a full recovery, gotten a lucrative job and arcane studies, and are now far more strong and handsome. Of course I apologize for the assault, but I was in a lunar-induced blood rage at the time."
    Melvin sputters for a bit but eventually shakes his head and waves a hand at Dibbles.
    "Just ask him the stupid questions."

"Well, so much for that I guess." Ithuriel mutters irritably, also offering Michalson a hand-up. "Not much any of us could've done about that, I guess. Sorry Michalson, damn good work as always, sorry I couldn't be of more help with the rest of this."

[Dibs, Dobs, several hippos]

"I ah- if ye wouldna' mind I-" Dibbles stammers, then sighs, gives up, and eats the sandwich. This is all a bit too much for him. "Are y'arrigh' there, Dobbers?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Ogre in the Playground

[One Dib and Several Varieties of Dob]

The sandwich has something like peanut butter in taste and texture. He might find it very tasty, but that's entirely dependent on his taste. It is without question though packed with an unlikely amount of fat and protein. He should probably avoid eating the stuff consistently, or scales. Though Dobbers has noticed his were-shape and his human one are frustratingly separate when it comes to such things.
    "I'm fine, I-" he sniffs. "How is that? It smells great..." he stomach rumbles, and he looks wholly embarrassed. Especially when the Master laughs and another appears next to Dobbers, who just can't resist it.
    "Master might be not admitting he's embarrassed, but since he almost killed me he took me in and made me his Apprentice and let me stay in this ritzy place. You should stay with us! You could get better and magic and have a bed that actually fits! And your friend could stay too probably." says Or'usk, clapping Melvin on the back so hard he nearly falls over.
    The Master grumbles something of an affirmative. He clearly isn't comfortable with his apprentice speaking for him, but nothing said was untrue.
    "Hey, we're here on a job, not to be recruited, okay? This place is super ritzy though."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ogre in the Playground

The Palace

Zebes looks up at the ceiling from his seat on the arm of the throne. It’s unsurprisingly exactly the same mannerism Jace had sitting there.
    ”Well that’s the thing, Veronica. I can’t answer that for you. Jace can’t either. And not Heather or Simon or anyone else. Personally, I can’t imagine you spending the rest of forever in here just because you get a few new Tricks while you’re here. You said eventually it should stabilize so the little’uns don’t die if you leave? That’s good. But if you can’t leave even after that without giving it up, then frankly, it’s a pretty garbage deal. You’re going to miss, well, everything. Honestly there’s a fairly apt comparison but I’d probably get slapped for saying it.
    But that said? It’s still your call. I don’t even really get what’s going on, honestly. And I’ll remind you that Jace got all his powers from the grand effort of being born and having a terrible childhood. We didn’t earn our powers either.”
    He lowers his face to turn and look her in the eye.
    ”I will say though that Jace wasn’t just being mushy. He does think you’re the strongest person we know. And you do have adoration, and not just from him. So...I think you’re right. I don’t think you have the luxury of not working it out: what do You want?”
    He pauses.
    ”But we do have quite a while alone in here to help you figure it out.”
    The Palace

"Nonono, go back. You've got my interest now."
    Veronica states, sitting up fully with a quirked brow and half a smile. "Just what were you thinking that'd get you slapped? I mean, I have hands for the moment. I actually CAN slap you now if you deserve it, so you might as well spill the beans here. If you don't, I'll just have to slap you anyway." She warns, raising a hand and wriggling her fingers to make her point.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    [b]
    The Palace Post-Fight

Emily takes her tea, breathing heavily. This really isn't much for her, but it's enough for the moment to simply enjoy the serving. When bandages are offered to her, she waves them off, "Don't need 'em. It'll only hurt for another hour or so."

For now, she'll simply sit there and breathe heavily, trying to refrain from scratching at the bloody wound on her back, as well as keeping her chest covered - the blade that cut open her back also cut the straps on her top, so it's only loosely hanging from her neck now.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [The Palace Post-Fight]

Well...

Everything seems to be fine, then.
    The android can walk out.
    The huge woman is healing.
    The thing is dying.
    Everybody's okay.

It looks like she won't need a stretcher, after all? At least the catgirl won't have to use her turtleneck as a cloth-replacement.
    Marin puts the straight rods back down and hurries back up. If nobody else beats her to it, she'll help the android down the pile of junk. "Hey, just, uh..." she starts, trying to decide what to say. "Until you get repaired, stay away from extreme heat or cold, water, and heavy physical activity. And avoid jumping, if possible." Band-aids, stripped copper wiring, and plastic melted with a phone battery? And just a screwdriver to align everything? "I'm sorry I did such a hack job at it. If anybody asks you who did the repairs, just...don't answer the question, okay? Thanks."

It'd probably hurt her reputation if word got out that she tried repairing critical parts of a robot with incorrect tools, plastic containers, and adhesive bandages.
    She's going to need to buy a new phone battery and restock her first aid kit, after this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    The Palace Post-Fight

Jack puts the bandages back in her satchel and goes to find the shiniest bit of scrap she can to put in her bag. She'll use her shovel to break it off the main part of the robot worm if she has to, but she's hoping for something small. The tea will be set aside if she needs to, but otherwise she'll keep hold of it until it's finished. The biscuits are left for anyone who wants one with their tea.

The Palace Fight

Jack will find something interesting. There's three small spheres, much like the one inside the android, nestled inside the Magitek Monster's main body. One yellow, one red, and one green. They're slightly smaller than the Core inside the wolf-girl, but surely they were just as valuable.

As Emily sips her tea, the Tonberry takes out a small sewing kit to do what repairs she can to the Croc's top. It was the very least she could do apart from tea for one of those who had helped remove such a big monster.

For Marin, her excuses will be cut off by a gentle hug from the Android, as well as a kiss on the cheek. "No, thank you. It will be enough to get me elsewhere and it has made me live once more. Do not doubt your work." She says, sounding truly grateful. With a bit of thought, she reaches back and undoes the storm-blue ribbon from her tail, offering it to Marin. "It is what I have to thank you with. Please, take it." After that however, she'll definitely need help getting out of there.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Palace]

Zebes flinches immediately. He half-turns to his left, as if expecting there to be something there that isn't.
    "Oh. Well. You know. When you've got a really nice place. And you can't actually leave it. There's a name for it. They tend to call it a um. You know.
    A gilded birdcage."
    He scrunches up, not sure of how that response is going to be. He looks distant, even.
    "Oh hey by the way, Khannie evolved into a new kinda pokemon even though Kangaskhan doesn't even do that. Weird, right? Haha. Please tell me you and Jace will at least have semi-normal kids when- one of you finally works up to it." Not the best bait for a subject change he's ever done but what is he supposed to do? His brain is still buzzing faintly.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Burnt-Out Ruin]

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    The map is saved, and the next folder is opened.

Project Denial of Service.

In the folder is a collection of annotated blueprints for numerous forms of magical and technological communication. Closer examination reveals that the notes are centered around how to jam and disable those devices, everything from broadcasting broadband static against radios to a magical fog that blocks divination and communication spells. At the bottom is a pair of coordinates, and a date, two weeks in the future, labeled "initial test."
    Tao smiles.

"A time and a place. We can get there early, and destroy their-" uh, what was the word he wanted, again?
    "-their communication...things. Maybe they'll even lose them permanently, if they haven't been tested yet."

He nods, mostly to himself.

"Could also be a trap, if they were worried about enemy interception of these things, but the time doesn't feel right for that?"

Now they just need to check if the robots have any operations going off sooner than that.
    How long does it take to dig under a town and prepare to kill everyone there?
    That could take weeks, right?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #786
    Orc in the Playground

Burnt-Out Ruin

"Disrupting that seems like it'd help with interrupting and disrupting all the other things they're doing." Jack's not sure how all these link together, time-wise, but thinks that one should probably be a priority. Since otherwise disrupted communications would interfere with everyone else's attempts to stop the robots.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

7. - Top - End - #787
    Bugbear in the Playground

[The Palace Fight]

The hug and kiss definitely shuts the catgirl up.

Her mouth stays open, she blushes, and everything.

"O-oh." Being offered the ribbon shocks her out of that state. "Thank-you." She accepts it. Unable to think of a better place to put it - especially because her turtleneck means there's currently no exceptionally good place to put it, she just decides to tie her purple hair up in a ponytail with it.

"Right." She looks around, trying to remember which way was out, again. It's been how long since she was last kissed? That direction's the one they probably came in through. Ten years, though? Has it really been that long?
    Marin offers to continue helping the robot walk out.
    Suddenly not entirely confident in her ability to get out of here, she turns her head towards the others. "Hey, guys? This direction's the way out, right?" Then she turns back to the Android. "Actually, we should probably wait for everyone, I'm not sure about the way and besides, she -" with her head, she gestures back at the others "- is the one who said she knows a good mechanic." So they'd have to wait for her anyway.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

8. - Top - End - #788
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Palace After-Fight]

"Thank you," Emily tells the little green person mending her top, holding still so that the strong cloth can be worked over by those tiny hands. Once it's been mended, she stands up - the gash in her back still looks pretty nasty, and she's heavily favoring her right side as she keeps her left in close to her body, but even so she stands up without more than a groan for the protest her body is putting her through, "Yeah, I know a mechanic."

She doesn't want to hold anybody up, so she'll be following Marin and the gynoid out towards the exit of the building, walking slowly to keep from making her injury worse, but all the same.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

9. - Top - End - #789

Default [Just Outside of Trog's]

Down the street walks Sekhmet, led by a little floating ball of light. The ball of light is a rather shaky illusion, it doesn't move smoothly, it doesn't illuminate anything. But it's a perfectly good signal.
    Do people give Sekhmet rather a wide berth on the sidewalk, as if there was someone else walking near her that they had to be mindful of? Why would they do that when she's so clearly alone? I wouldn't wonder about such things.

More notes are provided as they she walks.
    There are whole worlds beneath our feet and behind our field of view. Invisible cities and unseen citizens, quiet wars between life and death, between forces strange and stranger, infusions and profusions from faraway. People think that in the Nexus things appear and fade away, that they don't last. But they do.
    Once upon a time, there was a certain girl who came to work in one of theses skyscraper building, her coming and going almost unnoticed by her coworkers. Every day like the day before it. Come in early, go home late, fall asleep alone and unremembered.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2019-09-14 at 01:59 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #790
    Troll in the Playground

Outside Trog's

Sekhmet follows. She's not oblivious to the people staying clear of her, but she thinks it's because of her race. She's used to it, even if she only imagines it on normal days. The second note reminds her of something she once read, in a book of poetry.
    "At the violet hour, when the eyes and back
    Turn upward from the desk, when the human engine waits,"

she murmurs.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

11. - Top - End - #791

Default [Outside Trog's, heading downtown]

Poetry?
    Never really understood it.
    Is all the next note says. Then, the story is continued.
    She was very proud of what she had achieved, her work and position. When she disappeared, she was forgotten about eight days later. And yet, she would never have chosen to leave if the war hadn't forced her. Is that not peculiar?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #792
    Troll in the Playground

Heading Downtown

"I don't understand. What war? She disappeared? Everything is peaceful here." Sekhmet doesn't see any signs of war, and she doesn't know what the notes mean about disappearance.

My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #793

Default [Heading Downtown]

There are no notes for a while. No answer. The light turns onto a broad street with glassy skyscrapers, the lowest floor of each turned to storefronts. Few pedestrians, lots of vehicles going by. Cars, hovercars, giant birds, etc.
    This place looks peaceful, but that doesn't mean it is. That safety is so very fragile. And few of these people are relevant. There's no reason to fight here because they couldn't make a difference.
    Maybe you could, with your magic.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #794
    Troll in the Playground

Heading Downtown

"I'm not powerful! I can barely maintain an image for a few minutes, let alone change the world." Sekhmet really believes that. She's stronger than she knows.

My Nexus characters

15. - Top - End - #795

You may not know how to use your power, but you are strong. I can sense it. You might need to start small, but you can change the world. With a little help.
    What would you change, if you could?
    Can they really tell about Sekhmet's hidden power, or are they just saying that? Does it matter.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #796
    Troll in the Playground

Heading Downtown

"I don't know. Maybe I'd make Tieflings trusted and accepted, or help the poor find work and shelter." Sekhmet really hasn't thought about this. She's never thought she could change the world, and she doesn't really believe it.

My Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #797

The light turns away from the busy center of business they have been walking through, into an older, more-run down part of town, with buildings of crumbling brick. Keep going this way and you'd end up in the slums.
    A kind dream, isn't that? But think, why are tieflings mistrusted? Why do the poor lack for shelter?
    People here are divided against each other.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #798
    Troll in the Playground

Heading Downtown

Sekhmet begins to grow nervous as she walks among the crumbling buildings. She replies to the light, "But it's not really malicious. Most people are just ignorant or, uh, apathetic. They, uh, think it's a problem, but don't act on it."

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #799

That's good. You should be nervous at ominous circumstances like these.
    So is apathy the issue? There is nothing to force them to act to solve problems? Don't you think there's something wrong with people, to see a problem and ignore it?
    The notes suggests. Perhaps if Sekhmet feels a bit of righteous anger at the injustice of it all, she could get a bit carried away.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #800
    Troll in the Playground

Heading Downtown

"It's wrong, but, uh, you can't force them to," Sekhmet responds. "Then you really would be as evil as the people who cause the problems in the first place." Even as she says it's wrong, she fears that it might be the only way to make any progress in Tiefling rights.

My Nexus characters

21. - Top - End - #801

Using force to do evil and using force to end evil are the same? I disagree.
    Hmm, and they think they have the perfect example.
    There are those who would kill you just for how you look, aren't there? Of course you would defend yourself. And smaller threats require smaller responses, but still firm.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #802
    Troll in the Playground

Heading Downtown

"But you don't need to use force at all. There are other options." Sekhmet is very much the type to run away from any threat. "If hurting people is wrong, you shouldn't hurt people because they hurt people already. It's just a downward cycle."

My Nexus characters

23. - Top - End - #803

The next message asks questions, and guesses at Sekhmet's possible objections. The girl would make a terrible warrior.
    But why should hurting people always be wrong? Rather, it is *Just* to hurt those who have hurt the innocent. Isn't that right?
    You can't always negotiate or run away. Sometimes force is the only answer. Sometimes, even if there are other answers, it's the best. Why allow suffering to continue if you could end it decisively?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #804
    Troll in the Playground

Heading Downtown

"How do you know you won't cause more suffering down the line? Some of the, uh, worst villains of history believed they were saving the world or ending injustice." Sekhmet doesn't want to fall down that path.

My Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #805

They're approaching a specific building now, heading up the drive. It was a museum once, but that was years ago. The windows are broken, the walls are graffitied, the fountain out front is choked with vines and rust.
    We can never be sure. We do not delude ourselves as to what we do. The price may be high. Mistakes may be made.
    But you cannot know either, what evils you allow, what things are lost forever while you wait to motivate the apathetic and persuade the vicious.
    We can only look at the details of each situation, and be cautious, while not allowing caution to cross into cowardice.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #806
    Troll in the Playground

Heading... Downtown?

"But there are other ways to act, besides fighting. Otherwise, everything will eventually be consumed by the war you start. Nurture, help. Keep your hands open, not held in fists." That last bit is something her uncle used to say. A fist is only good for striking, but you can use an open hand to help someone up.

My Nexus characters

27. - Top - End - #807

Is there something perched atop the ruined fountain, ready to pounce? No, look, you can see the sky all around there fountain, right? Where could anything be up there? There's no one there.
    The light stops in front of the museum's broken doors, from which a warm breeze blows.
    Wars have aims, reasons, endings. To nurture, you must first protect.

I had a whole story about this place, how some of my relatives were killed.
    But I'm not trying to convince you to fight, even for yourself.

We can help you with your magic, if you help us, with using your magic.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #808
    Troll in the Playground

Ruined Museum

Sekhmet stops in front of the doors, peering inside. "Help, uh, how?" She means it in both ways, how does the mysterious force think it can help her, and how does it want her to help it? She's very uneasy in these ruins; she feels like she's being watched.

My Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #809
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Palace]

Zebes flinches immediately. He half-turns to his left, as if expecting there to be something there that isn't.
    "Oh. Well. You know. When you've got a really nice place. And you can't actually leave it. There's a name for it. They tend to call it a um. You know.
    A gilded birdcage."
    He scrunches up, not sure of how that response is going to be. He looks distant, even.
    "Oh hey by the way, Khannie evolved into a new kinda pokemon even though Kangaskhan doesn't even do that. Weird, right? Haha. Please tell me you and Jace will at least have semi-normal kids when- one of you finally works up to it." Not the best bait for a subject change he's ever done but what is he supposed to do? His brain is still buzzing faintly.
    The Palace

"Now why would I slap you for that, Zebes?"
    Veronica asks, grinning. "If I lost my sense of humor, I'd be far more worried about things than I am." She points out before reaching up to grab a shimmering apple to take a bite from. She talks, muffled because of the fruit, but after swallowing she repeats what she was saying. "Gods, I hope for that too, Zebes, but let's be honest. Nothing about this place is normal. Children especially. Even if I can still hear the tick-tick-tick of my clock, I gotta admit, the thought of what might happen is one of the reasons why I haven't pressed Jace about it yet." She adds with a sigh before freezing. "...please tell me he didn't hear that."

Spoiler: The Palace Fight
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [The Palace Fight]

The hug and kiss definitely shuts the catgirl up.

Her mouth stays open, she blushes, and everything.

"O-oh." Being offered the ribbon shocks her out of that state. "Thank-you." She accepts it. Unable to think of a better place to put it - especially because her turtleneck means there's currently no exceptionally good place to put it, she just decides to tie her purple hair up in a ponytail with it.

"Right." She looks around, trying to remember which way was out, again. It's been how long since she was last kissed? That direction's the one they probably came in through. Ten years, though? Has it really been that long?
    Marin offers to continue helping the robot walk out.
    Suddenly not entirely confident in her ability to get out of here, she turns her head towards the others. "Hey, guys? This direction's the way out, right?" Then she turns back to the Android. "Actually, we should probably wait for everyone, I'm not sure about the way and besides, she -" with her head, she gestures back at the others "- is the one who said she knows a good mechanic." So they'd have to wait for her anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    [The Palace After-Fight]

"Thank you," Emily tells the little green person mending her top, holding still so that the strong cloth can be worked over by those tiny hands. Once it's been mended, she stands up - the gash in her back still looks pretty nasty, and she's heavily favoring her right side as she keeps her left in close to her body, but even so she stands up without more than a groan for the protest her body is putting her through, "Yeah, I know a mechanic."

She doesn't want to hold anybody up, so she'll be following Marin and the gynoid out towards the exit of the building, walking slowly to keep from making her injury worse, but all the same.

The ribbon feels almost electric to a degree, smelling faintly of a thunderstorm's ozone. It doesn't have actual magic imbued into it, but the very fabric of its nature seems to be special. Whatever it is, it seemed important enough to the android to gift it. She takes the offered help and leans on Marin's shoulder as they walk on out, but right at the door to the chamber, she stops. "One moment, please." She insists. With a bit of effort, she removes her scabbard, kisses it, and then casts it onto the pile of bodies. Her toss makes it land standing between two pieces of metal, marking the site. "Thank you." She says, though whether it is to her benefactors or those she'd fought or both, she won't say.

The tonberry's work doesn't take long, seconds really, as her little hands are practiced with the work and in no time at all Emily will find her top repaired and capable of being seen. We have gifts for you before you depart. She insists to them all. They are waiting at the exit. And at the exit is indeed a gift. Small chests the size of a shoebox wait, one for each. They're ornate, made of polished black and orange persimmon wood and edged in gold. Despite the best effort of cleaning the gold, there's signs of tarnish from their age, and a small key hangs off of each little chest. Whenever they check, they'll find a ring sized for them made of jade and entwined with gold, a large supply of the cookies that had been made, as well as a whistle made of bone. If you ever need a ride, whistle. Aid will come. Even for you. Their guide explains, looking up at Emily. To be fair, she was a great deal larger than the rest.

Instead of a chest for the android, there is a jade green ribbon on a pillow which the android seems more than happy to take and tie onto her tail to replace the one she'd gifted Marin.

30. - Top - End - #810
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Palace]

Zebes shrugs bashfully.
    ”I dunno, V. We’ve actually never hung out without Jace or the kids around. I’ve never really been sure of how you feel about me, except that I make some...things awkward.” He coughs into his left hand.
    ”But uh, no, I’m not giving him a play by play of this conversation. If you want him to commit you really should like, imply some things to him. We’ve never really been good with committing to big life choices. And I think he’s always been unsure about how that even works with your culture.” Considering that her siblings asked her if she was planning on having a harem, Jace felt like it might be something she was supposed to do. Or maybe he was just making excuses.
    Still, Zebes grins.
    ”Gotta say though, now that you’re rocking our colors your kids are definitely gonna be blue.”