New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 68: Dawn of a New Season (or two)

[Docks - Awful Sewer Adventures]

"I can't conjure flames and I can't handle flame-based weaponry, so of course I don't have anything flame-based on me." Anika puts rather defensively despite the fact no one accused her of anything.
    Maybe she's just jealous of Geneva getting all the action. "I know how to make flame bombs though, I just couldn't gather the material in time." She eyes the others. "Don't suppose any of you have any flasks on you?"

[Faith's Apartment]

Faith stared in disbelief at Danial. "You can't be serious."

He sank down in the kitchen chair. "It's the only way. What the hell do you think will happen if Inside finds out who created the virus? The bad people will focus more on getting 'revenge' than stopping it. You know I'm right."

"People deserve to know, those racist *******s can't get away with their dangerous incompetence by being too big to fail. I'm a reporter, Danial. You can't ask me to hide the secrets of people that think I'm some kind of monster." She threw up her hands in the air. "I though you were one of the good ones, but here you are defending them."

His expression darkened. "Now whose throwing around 'us' and 'them'? Do you think the entire city is responsible? Our family included? Since do you think the people that actually let out the plague will get hurt once you tell everyone about this? Give me a break, the people that will suffer are whoever they get their hands on. Since a lot of people in new inside might think that Inside is populated by nothing but monsters, but people here think everyone in new inside are just racists that deserve to die. They don't give a damn about the fact that they might actually support their rights, they will just go and turn the entire city into monsters."

"You don't know that."

"Wanna bet? Since even if most people in Inside are nice, the bad people are really bad and they're really powerful. The worst possible combination."

Faith paused, admitting that he was right felt a bit much, but she couldn't help but to feel he had a point.
    She sat down right beside him. "...you're my only source and I can't actually confirm what you're saying anywhere so I'm going to wait with publishing that side of the story. Just until I can get more information and confirm it."

He nodded. "All I'm asking is that we deal with the virus first, then we can go after the people who created it. They should be the ones taking the blow, not the people of New inside."

"Yeah, yeah, you made your point, D. I still have so many questions though. Like how you joined the army."

"I told you, I didn't. I'm a special agent. But you said it yourself, people need to know about the virus as quickly as possible and under these circumstances I'm not even sure you can leave the apartment."

Faith glanced at her laptop. "Says you, but yeah. I guess I'll start working on the article. You're going to stay here though. I still need a few more words with you..."

[Inside - BREAKING NEWS]

A new story is spreading like wildfire through the news sites memetic plague has infected portions of the people of Inside.

The reporter Faith Sunsworn of the nexus herald, citing a anonymous source, is reporting that the recent string of strange events of murder and unruly behavior on the streets of Inside, including the major events at the spirit of the city, have likely been caused by a mental disease that only spreads to non-humans and similar people without any magical heritage.

The symptoms are summarized here but its still unknown how the disease spreads exactly. It's theorized that interacting with someone in person, as in seeing and hearing them, is likely the cause of the spread. Citizens are encouraged to stay away from people acting oddly, especially if they are acting like animals or in a general savage ways. If they believe they are in danger of being infected, they should just stay at home and only try to interact with people over the internet.

{Plot Post 6}
    Previously: Sunset Street - Day time
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-05-10 at 05:19 AM.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

Office of Horror

Tethrik gives chase, but is interrupted by his face being splattered with a large quantity of mud. He splutters and claws at it, as it quickly dries from the flames wreathing his body. The whole time, he's still running towards Alfred and Ben. Now would be a great time to hide, while he still can't see.

Pontius' Custom Constructs

At just before 7:00 AM, Sekhmet arrives for work. She's wearing her new clothes: jeans, a dark grey long sleeve t-shirt, and steel toed boots. Her hair is once again tied back in a ponytail. She nervously approaches the door and carefully opens it, not sure what to expect inside.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #213
    Orc in the Playground

Office of Horror

Alfred and Ben notices Tethrik's blindness, and head towards an office. Alfred rushes inside, closes the door without locking it (there's a body already in the office, so Tethrik could figure out the door was unlocked before Alfred entered- and it's not like a door would stop him if the ceiling didn't) and looks around for a hiding place. He finds one; a cupboard under the printer. It's a tight fit, but that's good, hopefully. Ben, meanwhile, turns around and pelts Tethrik with another Bullet Seed, pelting Tethrik with about twenty more seeds. Arnie just lowers his head and charges Tethrik, jumping up to Headbutt the space-demon in the chest.

It's a large warehouse, divided into several sections. Towards the back is the showroom, which is accessible from the other side of the warehouse, but before there is a whole host of industrial things. A lot of it is magically automated; the apprentices mainly supervise, but there's enough human labour required in the crafting process to teach the apprentices how to do the various things they need to learn to create golems and other constructs. The automation does things like moves the raw materials around, heavy lifting, and some of the starter work in carving stone, wood or clay, readying the work stations for the day and most of the tidying up. Everything else is left to the apprentices and Pontius. Speaking of Pontius, he and Prumathe are the only ones present. Prumathe's not really doing much, just fiddling with a bit of paper as he folds it into a rough approximation of a human. Pontius is overseeing most of the work, gesturing occasionally or barking orders at a particularly idiotic golem that is carrying a crate of steel ingots from the display room, to the masonry area, and back again. They're both wearing overalls, and when Pontius sees Sekhmet he turns his chair and rides it over to her. There's another set of overalls hanging on the back. "Here, a bit of uniform. Everyone wears them, and they're thick enough to protect against sparks or casual contact with hot metal. You're early, which is good- the others should be arriving soon. I've been hired, by the way. A suite of copper-alloy food servers, to blend in with the furniture and not be obviously humanoid nor obviously animal. I'm thinking shakudo or shibuichi, an Oriental alloy that is used primarily for decorative work. I'll show you the blend, and how to apply the unique patina, if you'll help. It's going to be a great challenge, for me. This is your first day, but you noted experience with copper alloys before. Are you confident enough to help me?"
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #214

NinjaGuy

[Industrial Strength Investigation]

Misty nods, following Michalson back out to his vehicle. The journey to the shop is quiet; the elf seems deep in contemplation.

Once they arrive at the shop and push past the tape, Michalson can feel the same sense of foreboding that he felt at the factory. Here though, there's a different tinge to it that's hard to put one's finger on. Perhaps something different in the way the spell was cast? Misty makes a beeline for the owner, another elf sporting more obvious cyberware, and stands chatting with him for a few moments.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Office of Horror

Tethrik stumbles to the side on being hit. Having clawed the mud out of his eyes, he roars in defiance and lashes out with a heavy, clawed hand at the aron attacking him.

Sekhmet nods, "I, uh, think so." She pulls on the overalls and will follow Pontius to see what he wants her to do. She also waves to Prumathe with a shy smile.

My Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cursed Tree Park]

Parks in the city were well known to be some of the most dangerous areas in all the Nexus. And one named like this was just begging for trouble. It was probably a local nickname, the official name long since forgotten. Still, here Reinholdt found himself, fighting to keep the shivers off his back as he stared at the tree in front of him. It moved slightly, unnaturally, but remained asleep. If Rein could, he'd fall asleep as well, the hazmat suit he was stuffed in blanketing him with unsettling warmth. It did nothing to keep out the sounds of the crying human woman nearby, dabbing her face with a handkerchief.

"He was up for promotion next week. Didn't like staying still. Now look at him." The woman said shakily, rubbing a ring on her finger made of polished wood. "He always hated these parks. Said they reminded him of family he'd rather forget."

The cat walked around the tree- or more specifically treant- as he laid rope into a large circle and tied it off. It wasn't as good as a police line, but the police were a thousand times too busy with the actual violent crimes bordering on riots to deal with this minor domestic tragedy. Besides, it wasn't like he was dead. Just... exceptionally slow right now. A rope would be good enough.

"I'm sure his promotion will be waiting for him when he gets back to his old self. Don't worry. We'll solve this. Can you tell me anything about what he was doing leading up to this? How he was feeling?"

"Well he was complaining a lot about headaches. We just thought it was stress over the job, you know. I never would have imagined..." The woman breaks out into a fresh case of tears and Reinholdt has to mentally remind himself to possess patience. She was just as afraid with the news going around as she was upset that the virus got to her husband.

Stepping up to the treant, Rein reached out to touch it. Glancing up at it with a whispered apology, the cat pulls out a pocketknife and cuts off a piece of bark. There's a groan and rustle of leaves as Rein timidly backs away, but nothing happens. No angry treant attack today. Phew. "See? There. He didn't even notice," Rein says, as much to himself as the wife. "Now, when did these headaches start?" Reinholdt asks, putting the bark into a sample bag and storing it for others to study later.

The wife shakes her head, not sure, until she actually thinks about it. "I think... I think it was after the poker game last week actually. He and four of his buddies meet once a month for it. They always kind of frighten me so I stay out of the house when they do, but what could they do to him? It's not like he had blood for them to suck."

"Blood?"

"Oh yes. Vampires. Well vampire. One of them anyways. There's also a gargoyle, banshee, and a dullahan."

Rein lets out a slow breath. He did come here to collect samples and do some of the legwork the scientists back at the base would need. He really hopes they haven't all been infected. Especially that banshee. Or at least is only at the early stages. Rein would have to find them quickly.

"Can you give me their names and contact information? I'd like to talk to them too."

The woman looks confused for a moment, then nods, writing the information down for Rein. "If you think it will help."

"I do. Don't worry, we'll get your husband back to normal. Thanks Miss Yew."

"But... We just met and I don't really know you that well." The woman says, shrinking back towards Mr. Yew.

"What? No, I... Nevermind. Goodbye Miss Yew."

"Could you please stop? You're being a real creep."

Reinholdt silently glares at the woman before turning to go follow up these other leads and get more samples. Hopefully they would go as smoothly as this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Orc in the Playground

Office of Horror

The aron's shell is thick iron; Tethrik's claw penetrates it, and smashes the heavy little pokemon through a wall, but Arnie's heavy and hard enough that Tethrik might have hurt himself. Arnie's hurt, but not badly, and he'll spend the rest of the post using Headbutt to smash another hole in the wall to continue threatening the space-demon. Ben will puff out another load of Sleep Powder before dashing around to find somewhere to hide.

Alfred's hiding, and trying not to move.

Pontius is going to do most of the work, but he'll show Sekhmet the alloys he's using, copper and silver primarily with copper and gold in places for decoration. He'll quiz her on the design, partly to bounce ideas off her and partly to gauge her inherent creativity. He'll show her how the pieces fit together, and the wash needed to create the patina. He'll teach her how the magic works, and the chants he uses to animate metal figures. There's quite a few of these to build (but numbers haven't been discussed in the scene where he's hired for them; I just know that one food-serving construct isn't enough for a party), so through sheer volume Sekhmet should learn some of the basics of the metal they're using and see the magic being used.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

While Misty talks to the owner, Michalson slips on his goggles again and readies another vial. If there's something different to the residue here, he has to get to the bottom of it.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #219

NinjaGuy

The residue is indeed different here. It seems somehow, less malicious. The goggles show it as being less dense here than it was at the factory, and it's slightly different in analysis. It still seems to be collectible, though, as Michalson has no problem gathering another sample of it. It almost seems like it WANTS to be collected here, which is more than a bit strange.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Office of Horror

Tethrik roars at the continued onslaught, and shaking off the effects of the sleep powder, summons up hellfire, covering his body in swirling flames before attempting to punch Arnie through the wall again. Sparks fly off him and risk igniting something flammable in the immediately area.

Sekhmet is a good learner. She pays close attention, jotting down notes on a pad of paper she had in her shirt pocket when she can. She's mainly worked with bronze, but the principles here aren't exceptionally different. The magic gives her much more trouble than the forging. If Pontius were to ask her to, she wouldn't be able to animate a construct yet, especially not one of the larger ones they're making now.

My Nexus characters

11. - Top - End - #221
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The Palace- Group 2
    Metalhead grabs some of the magitek running a short analysis on it. There's no reason this mission can't be profitable. He pulls out a gun just in case something ambushes him.

[House Hunters]
    Anatya carefully examines the bed. If there's a dead body in it and she picks this house, she's definitely going to get a new one.

Sewer Prison
    As Tethrik heads through the door he sees a blue portal in the center of the room he is entering. Blackwall rushes through it. As Tethrik slips through the door, it automatically starts to close. Just as Tethrik heads through the portal, he can see a blue hand getting stuck in the door. Once he is on the other side, he sees Blackwall fighting two lemures. "These are the guards you 'killed'" he explains. He destroys both of them with a punch.

"Time passes differently in this dimension. For every second that elapses in our realm, 5 seconds elapse in this. That should give us around 30 minutes to find the Ice Giant king so I can bargain for my release. If we hurry, we can make it."
    Spoiler: Moskra Rhadan
    Show

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1638...ew?usp=sharing

Designed using Fantasy RPG Creator on meiker.io, software designed by aklarkwood.com.

Spoiler: Bad Guys Win Campaign Links
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Golden Flock Orphanage]

Red watches as Mo silently trudges past and up the hole in the floor.

That all went...

Quite a bit easier than expected?

She keeps an eye on the doors and brings up the rear, still straining under the load of children on her back. With any luck everyone will be getting out tonight (mostly) unarmed.

[Abrajin's Library]

"Kksss... Fine, fine," the serpent chokes out. "Snake in a tree offering knowledge any everyone treats you terribly. The room on grain, you find Bo-Peep's missing sheep in there. She's been poking around in search of her lost tool. It has been an amusing chase to witness."

Huh.

That wasn't too hard, was it?

[House Hunters]

That is totally reasonable.

Why wants to sleep in a bed that had a corpse in it?

Not may people, probably.

Besides, canopy beds like these are ostentatiously huge.

Pulling back the shroud over the bed, Anatya will find that the interior of the canopy bed is mostly dustless. The sheet did its work! And speaking of sheets... It looks like there's someone sitting in the middle of the bed. With a sheet draped over them.

That isn't concerning at all.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post

[Dibs and Dobs]

Dobs hurries out of the office and shuts the door behind him. He nervously holds his hand out for Wilfred.
    "Um. Call me Melvin, sir. It's a pleasure to work with you. I guess...we need to see the quartermaster and whoever's issuing us a vehicle. They won't make us walk, will they?
    So...um..."
    he blushes.
    "From what the sergeant said you're uh...sometimes big too?"
    [Dib dib dib! Dob dob dob!]

Dibbles shakes Dobbers' hand, then turns and heads for the quartermaster. Not that he's ever been much for "suiting up". Most of his outdoors work was more sort of promotional in nature. Keeping up appearances, generating some positive press for Intersection, amusing the kids by turning into a-

Yes. That.

"Aye, tha's righ'. I also get quite, ehh, large. I dinnae knaw whut it is ye turn into though. Somethin' else a wee bit on the large side by th' sound of it? Quite the reverse of th' poor sergeant, eh? More like tha' one rhino lass, though I'm glad I dinnae get her assignments." Wait, a vehicle? "If it's somethin' quite far awee, aye, we'll be needin' wheels, but I dinnae have a license mesel'. Ne'er put in th' time to learn."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dib & Dob & Dib]

Now Melvin really looks embarrassed.
    ”Um I actually never did that either. So...I guess we’re walking or getting...bikes.” But bikes probably can’t support sudden size changes. And being a were-rhino, it’s no secret that Ithuriel is one of the largest were-creatures on the force. So, that’s big.
    ”Oh, Officer Ithuriel. I’ve been told we’re ah, comparable. But it’s not important. We should um, keep going.”

The quartermaster is a very muscular reptilian person with colorful scales. She’s happy to hook up the two officers with their basic gear, radios, and sidearms, if they want them. Dobbers takes one, though the quartermaster is aware Dibbles hasn’t carried one before. All their devices seem to be modified to have large buttons and a lack of grips or guards that might hinder their use of the user’s hands were to increase in volume.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

[The Streets]

Lynx is in Inside, and has zero idea about the plague that threatens him! He's an anthropomorphic lynx, whose description is expanded upon in his link in my signature. He wears an open leather jacket with a white tank top underneath, and jeans with combat boots. He walks with a black cane, topped by a skull.

As he walks down the streets of Hodgepodge Street, he sees a human man being threatened by a large orc. The orc takes out an ax, and raises his voice even more than before. Lynx rushes over and slides between the two, arms outstretched, still holding his cane. "Now now, gentleman, what's going on here?" The orc gestures at the human with the ax, saying, "Man look at John weird. John smash, and if cat no move John smash cat." Lynx shakes his head. "Surely there's a different way to handle that, such as simply walking away?" The orc shakes his head. "No. John smash now." The orc raises up his ax, and, quick as a whip, Lynx points the skull on the cane at him. He quickly says an incantation, and a purplish-green bolt of electricity shoots out of it, hitting the orc square in the chest!

The orc flies back, and hits the ground hard, knocked out. Lynx turns to the human and helps him up. The human says, "Thank you, I have no idea why he attacked!" Lynx shakes his head. "It wasn't a good reason, that's for sure. Are you hurt?" The human shakes his head, then looks at his watch. "Oh no, I'm late for work!" He rushes off, yelling over his shoulder, "Thanks again!" Lynx stands there for a moment, then nods his head. "Charitable act of the day." He grabs his forehead, gritting his teeth. "Ugh, that came out of nowhere. Must be dehydrated." Still clasping his forehead, he heads off towards Market Street, planning to eat at The Temperance Teahouse.
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Michalson doesn't trust magic essence that wants to be collected one bit. Still, he dutifully does that.

"The magic feels different 'ere," he says out loud. "Less venomous and doesn't give me an 'eadache. I've no dark of what it could mean, but I took a sample to properly analyse later."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Orc in the Playground

The Palace- Group 2

I'm afraid I have to drop this scene, guys. I'm going on holiday in the next few days, so please carry on without me. I hadn't realised how soon it was when I jumped in; I'm terribly sorry, but I don't want you guys to have to wait a week for this thing.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler: Industrial Park Spoils
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Industrial Park - Beneath]

So the illusion had lied, or at least not told them them the entire truth.
    But she already knew the facestealers were here somewhere, the wall of flesh had told her as much. So was this simply a trap? Or something else?

She couldn't stop playing though, not in the middle of a symphony. Since as the music attracted the magic, so did the magic attract its player.
    Jaahlyn turns towards the portal and so did the magic in the room. The others will see that the spells that were swirling around her a moment ago are now moving towards something as the music suddenly changes.

A moment ago it was jolly, the magic following her like children.

Now it's darker, the children drowning themselves within the portal.
    She's moving towards it too, slowly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leostales View Post
    [Industrial Park - Beneath]
    Muun grunts, "Serves them right for letting us sneak up on them." He turns toward the others, "Where's that scream coming from."
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Industrial Park - Below]

That isn't the reaction Morning was expecting. The expected reaction would have involved FAR more teeth, raw flesh, and screeching. This was more like... totally normal deranged cultists. Not that deranged cultists are a good thing to have around. Deranged cultists are pretty horrible, what with their habit of summoning things that ought not be into the world.

Heck. She had done some cultist thwarting just the other day.

"Human cultists?" she mutters aloud as Down finishes torching the ones she had incapacitated. "Mesmerized, maybe? Convinced that summon the thing on the other side would be helpful somehow? A trap? Or..."

The screaming grows louder as the portal grows more coherent.

"...a sacrifice."

Uh oh.

Her eyes widen as it dawns on her what may very well have just happened.

"Everyone get back!" Morning yells as incandescent white flame begins licking along her mane and tail. "Jaahlyn, if you have any way of closing that portal DO IT. Down, burn anything that makes it through. Muun, if Jaahlyn gets too close pull her away. I'm going to try to plug the rift."

Then she takes a deep breath, closes her eyes, and-

"Visions of judgement. A sign etched in the heavens with no eyes to see them. Truth, fire, sun, ash. Marvel in majesty, cower in terror. Seven angels with seven bowls to pour out upon the world. Judgment, sword, grace, beauty. Wraith unveiled, full, furious, fierce, awesome. Songs of salvation. Songs of lament. Songs of recompense. Songs of words unspeakable. Behold what is to come. Behold the dawn unceasing. Behold truth untarnished. Behold the Sea of Glass!"

And assuming something doesn't tackle her while she's weaving her incantation?

There comes a pulse as power briefly radiates from her, the flames in her hair roaring into a bonfire. And then with a great noise something like a star is born on the other side of the portal. Waves of heat blast from the portal as ethereal music pours forth, filled with voices, sounds, thunder, and Truth.

Best not to listen too closely.

You might learn something you don't want to hear.

Spoiler: Docks Spoils
    Show
    [Docks - Sewers]

To Anika, the goal seemed pretty obvious. "'kay, let's burn all the flesh-stuff we see I guess. Plus anything alive we see, like rats and stuff. I can provide some light but that's pretty much it as i probably don't want to get close to all that icky stuff." Anika shudders. "Had to blow up a whole boat to get rid of 'em."
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Docks - Sewers]

"I agree about burning everything," Calm Reed says, looking at the flesh-wall with disgust. "I don't have any fire with me, though, so I guess this one's for someone else."
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Docks - Sewers]

Quin barely manages to squeeze in. Being more than 10 feet tall means he doesn't really fit into places not meant for people of his bulk, and as a result, he's hunched over and scrunched up to even be able to fit into the pipe, and is having to half-kneel walk in order to move around with the group. He eyes the wall of flesh and sighs.

"I don't know if my weapons will work against that in the same manner flame would, but I suppose I can try, if no one else has anything."
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Dockside Sewers

Blanche probably has the easiest time of the group as far as squeezing herself into the sewers goes - she's perhaps the shortest at average human size, unhindered by any bulky armor and just naturally better at shimmying her way into tight spaces. The bulk of her gear complicates things slightly, but it's not hard to reposition a rifle and a hand flamer.

Once she manages to get down she takes a quick look around, and pales at the sight of the looming fleshwall. "I have my flamer, but I've only got a single tank of fuel left right now, and I'm pretty sure this thing is designed for use against personnel, not for clearing away all of that."
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post

~I'm glad I had the foresight to pack Flamethrower today...~ Geneva sends as she drifts over to the meatwall, holds out her little paws, and-!

Suddenly her pinkish white fur ignites into fiery shades of red, orange, and yellow as sheets of flame lick at the wall. She can't exactly keep that up forever, but better to help her friends conserve flamer fuel.

"I can't conjure flames and I can't handle flame-based weaponry, so of course I don't have anything flame-based on me." Anika puts rather defensively despite the fact no one accused her of anything.
    Maybe she's just jealous of Geneva getting all the action. "I know how to make flame bombs though, I just couldn't gather the material in time." She eyes the others. "Don't suppose any of you have any flasks on you?"

Spoiler: Orphanage Spoils
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Golden Flock Orphanage]

Ithuriel growls softly, incredibly irritated by this smug bubbleman. She reeeeally wants to clobber this guy, but right now she's hesitant even about trying to 'cuff him. Assuming he is another one of these freaky face-eaters, putting her hands on him is risky to say the least.

So, instead, she picks up her flamer again and points it at him. "You're gonna walk out of here, nice and slow, alright? If you're as tough as the other one, a little burst of this won't be enough to kill you, so no trying to pull any sympathy crap on me. But it'll hurt like hell, I bet."
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Golden Flock Orphanage

"Go ahead. Let it out." Mo tells the young boy, departing the way she came. She's slow and sluggish, but she remembers to stay out of the shimmering puddles as she heads towards the hole she made in the floor above.

[Industrial Park - Blizzard Beneath]

Down was willing to be confused but satisfied with how this had gone. Clearly just a case of overreaction mingled with lunatics.
    It happens often enough. It's a tidy resolution to things.
    And yet, this blizzard...it does feel like home. Not the good parts of home, few though those may be.
    Morning's prompt agitation and mild freak-out close the book on her hopes for a simple mistake of the evening.

There's an electricity to the air, with her canted spell and Jaahlyn's carousel of magic.
    This situation is sliding back towards discomfort, but Down gives a tight nod to Morning's instructions and backs away from the portal to give the two magic-users free line of sight.

Oh a sight it must have been!
    The snow reflects and distributes the tumultuous lighting of the devastation tossed into the world beyond the portal, the howling of the blizzard and that distant scream becoming a terrible chorus of many screams alongside the sounds of the "Truth".
    Perhaps it the raw power on the other side did something to destabilize it, but rather abruptly the portal begins to distort and convulse, swiftly diminishing as its energy tears free towards Jaahlyn.

Her carousel of magic grows.

Victory for the party? The cultists have been slain! The portal is deconstructing before their very eyes!
    And yet, the snow is still swirling in the cave. Snowflakes wildly careering around the confines of the room, less numerous than they were when the portal was wide, but now moving more turbulently than ever. Here and there, a large form seems to briefly coalesce in the storm before disappearing again.

"Oh crap."
    Down should have figured out what was happening here a lot sooner. She was too focused on the likely threat, that everyone was aware of, to think a little harder about where exactly that portal may have been connecting to her home and why it felt familiar.
    "A windigo crossed over."

And the shape within the blizzard reappears, what distinction can be made within the flurry of white seems to be that of an enormous white horse.
    As it laps around the room to the speed of the wind, it cries out just like the screams from beyond the portal, and a wave of thick ice rushes across the cave's floor.
    Best not get caught in it.

[The Docks - Sewers]

It's entirely possible this membrane-wall could have been hacked away, or blown up, or something not-explicitly-fire. No one tried!
    But fire certainly does the job well enough anyway, the wall quickly convulsing and burning outwards from the flame's impact point.

As the gross organic obstruction peels back from the heat, it reveals a far more disturbing scene behind it.

The walls of the sewer here have been carved out and downwards, creating a surprisingly broad cavern beneath the street above, supported by pillars of the same wall left remaining at periodic points.
    This is the interesting-but-mundane part.

Suspended in the middle of this chamber, held aloft by a mucus-dripping web of membranous something connected to the walls and ceiling, is a twitching and pulsating tumor of flesh approximately the size of Quin. An iridescent pool of glowing rainbow ichor sits beneath it, dripping from folds and tears along the orb above, painting a perverse splash of color across the scene as it laconically swirls. Atop the tumor itself is a great gash of a maw, snaggle-toothed fangs and teeth splayed in every direction but useful ones, surrounding a proboscis or siphon that has extended upwards, piercing into a sphere of pastel light floating just above it. A ring of distorted and stretched fingers reach up from around the mouth to encircle this color sphere, a dull gray aura around their tips seeming to be some form of magic suspending it there.
    Disgusting noises of hunger emanate from the orb, slurping and gnashing, as it seems to feed on whatever it has captured.

Here and there, dangling from the webbing supporting the majority of this horror: bodies. Quite a few missing persons can be found here, if anyone has enough presence of mind to notice.
    They probably don't. Who could blame them?

[Golden Flock Orphanage]

Just so, Red. This seems to be going rather well.
    More of that gross sludge seems to be slopping up under the other doors, but it is moving terribly slow. Even burdened as she is, there should be no problems in escaping the basement before they manage to bypass the doors.
    Though, she may have to help Ithuriel, Mo, and the boy up through the hole again unless the former two of some means of doing so themselves. No one ever bothered to find the stairs down here.

The be-suited man obligingly makes his exit within easy sight of Ithuriel, at a smooth and sedate pace clearly designed to be as unalarming as possible. Maybe even the slightest bit relieved?
    He can float himself up through the hole, too, if need be and no one freaks out about it.

Really, as long as no one dallies...the events here in the orphanage appear to be over and done. The place should probably be burned down to be on the safe side, particularly the basement, but no last secret boss of an enemy seems to be presenting itself as the group makes their escape.

Maybe sometimes things just have a simple conclusion?
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

Lady Arachne's Back Terrace

Lady Arachne shows Pontius the tables. They're heavy baroque pieces, done in a mix of maple, mahogany, and ebony woods. Something that would compliment these, please, but lighter in feel. I believe that should be all the necessary information? She pauses, her face mask chains swaying slightly as she looks over at him.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

[The Docks - Sewers]

Calm Reed sweeps the area with a cold, furious gaze, noticing the captured people and making a note that quite a few of them do match the descriptions of missing people. It's hard for such thing to escape the notice of a Dragon-Blooded investigator.

"Let's end this thing," she says. "It makes for a clear target, at least."

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Sewer Prison

Tethrik stows the bee gun and draws his silver glaive once more. He rushes the nearest lemure, slashing down at it with the weapon, whose blade is suddenly enveloped in jagged shards of ice. "I can handle the mooks, you figure out where to go."

Abrajin's Library

The scout unceremoniously drops the snake and reviews the doors available to it. One says "Grain," so that's obviously the right choice. It opens the door and goes through.

My Nexus characters

22. - Top - End - #232
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

The Temperance Teahouse

Lynx enters the Teahouse, headache a little better now. He sits at the south end of the first floor and looks over his shoulder. Sakura comes over and he orders green tea and sushi, then tries to relax. He mentally reminds himself that no, everybody is not out to get him.
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

23. - Top - End - #233

NinjaGuy

Misty turns to look at him and raises an eyebrow.

"Different people, you think? The owner here," she says, gesturing to the other elf, "Says he lives upstairs. Why would they take only the hardware here, but the people at the factory, too?"

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

"Hard to tell if it was the same person or an accomplice without more data," Michalson says, rubbing his chin. "Though I'm not thrilled at the prospect of multiple bashers bein' able to do all that. As for the other question... maybe they were tryin' to conserve strength and saved it on people who'd be more useful for them."

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Golden Flock Orphanage

Once Mo gets to the hole, she'll crouch down, concentrate on her legs, and then leap up. Hopefully her landing wouldn't be too heavy for the damaged flooring above. If it is, she'll fall to make sure she lands on her back. If not, she'll walk out the front door. She still had to question the officers about the babysitter.

She felt like she wasn't going to like the answers.

Intersection HQ

"Oh, no. I don't mind waiting."
    Brokenfang says, still sounding all-too-happy as if she had expected this. But instead of going into a holding room, she'll just turn on her heel and lean back against the front desk so she can tap her foot and hum a tune. Ithuriel might be keen enough to notice that Brokenfang is tallying the number of officers and weapons in the room, as well as scoping all possible directions she can go. She wasn't likely going to allow herself to be corralled into a small room.

Palace - Group 2

With Emily at the fore(but behind their little guide) they'll enter the large chamber at the end of the hall without interruption, but as soon as they do so the skittering noise stops. Despite it having been sunny outside, soft moonlight spills down from a circular window above, flowing down onto the small mountain of robotic bodies topped by a pale figure in light blue. The pile of bodies leans against one wall of the chamber, and the pale one on top is that of a grey-haired woman. She's synthetic with joints and lines on her body like a doll's, but a sword has impaled her bloodlessly to the wall behind her. The hilt of the sword has been snapped cleanly off, but littering the floor and pile almost like gravel are the remains of dozens of other blades. Each has been shattered, erupting from within from some great force, but with the thick layer of dust on the ground it could easily be missed until someone steps on the broken swords and examines them.

Metalhead will find that the casing of the Magitek is nearly impervious to any sort of scanning as the alloy is great at shielding. More than that however, it seemed like something that could resist a great deal of stress both physical and magical, but the pieces on the ground are pretty basic affair considering there's not much inside it.

Their little guide walks in footsteps already made in the dust, taking a path walked many times before, until she begins climbing up the pile of bodies to place a new candle on a piece of silk next to the doll's body. "The honored one has remained here until someone fix her. But the intruder is still here. It doesn't like the taste of us, but you might not be so fortunate." She advises.

Despite her words, the room looks empty of anything moving except the guests...

Emily's nose however will tell her otherwise. Something metallic, hot and buzzing with magitek was in this room. After another moment, there is a small whisper from above, the sound of a blade scraping on stone, and only keen eyes might notice a blade as long as Emily's leg shimmer into existence above the group, poised and ready to strike down at Metalhead. There's an easily audible click when the blade draws back enough and then it swings down, attempting to cleave through his skull.

It looks like this one had active camo.

Palace - Veroni

Veronica can't hide the look of disgust, then worry, then 'are you kidding me? This is SO embarrassing!' that crosses her face when her boyfriend mopes and all-but-breaks down in front of her and their guest! Eventually though, she gives a small sigh, most of the venom gone from her thoughts as she snaps her fingers. "...I've always wanted to do that." She mutters to herself as a shimmering cloak of golden feathers materializes around Jace and Zebes to provide warmth and comfort for both body and mind. Kothar however is far from off the hook for the moment that is taken care of, she turns to face him, her feathers bristled in anger and annoyance, but a cruel looking smile grows on her lips. "So you're one of those types, huh? Okay then." She gives a melodic whistle, calling a small metal sphere out of her purse. It floats up to her opened hand as it unfolds and opens, revealing itself to be a small camera drone. She plucks the microphone off of it gently to loop the little headset over an ear so she can speak into it. "Channel Seven News. Command Override Veronica Harpy." She gives Kothar a small smile after that. "I wonder how you like an audience."

BREAKING NEWS - Channel Seven News Broadcast

The Breaking News gets interrupted after a few minutes, immediately showing the channel's beloved Veronica, albeit rather changed and looking ever so slightly unhinged. Her skin is deep black, like lacquer over gold, and her usually pristine falcon styled feathers are slightly frazzled and bright gold as she holds up her camera drone to her face, selfie-style. "Hello everyone! Veronica Harpy here in my Palace with my new throne." She says, introducing herself before panning the camera for a moment to reveal the simple wooden padded throne. A moment later and it is back on her. "But do you know what I value more than my throne? Common sense and good parental instincts. The Paladin behind me has neither. Now, I know what you all are thinking. 'But Veronica, you're different.' and 'This B be cray-cray.' and "V, you're lookin' a bit sick. You okay?". Well...maybe! But that doesn't detract from the issues at the moment. I'll admit freely that I kinda got melodramatic about asking you all to kneel to me, but I honestly would much appreciate that. I might not be out for conquest, but some recognition for my work would be quite nice from time to time. But I'm digressing and I think I only have another couple minutes before Bob back in the command room gets control over the feed again and shuts me out. For those of you who don't know, perhaps the biggest point of pride I have is in the fact that I raised three half-siblings as if they were my own children for many years. Two of them have even successfully moved out! But I don't claim to have been the best parent. In all reality, I had it thrust upon me by our no-good mother. I was in college, working on my path to stardom and idolization when I get a call saying she'd been gone for three days, all the food was gone, and my baby sister was crying out of hunger." Man, Veronica does NOT sound very pleased recounting all of this.

"I then quit school, returned home, and have spent the last many years living off of a couch to provide for them. I don't claim to have been perfect, but know what I never did? I never took my brothers and sister into a dangerous situation. Unlike Mr. Paladin-of-Traumatic-Childhood-Events here. No, that's not a stick behind him, that's a kid. Admittedly, maybe it was just accidental that his kid came along, but he's made no efforts to take the child to a safe area. Instead he seems about ready to try and take me down. So I have a question for you all. At what point is it acceptable for a parent to bring his kid to an unknown and potentially hostile palace that's just descended from the skies? This place could be unstable, could be filled with monsters and traps, radiation, or who knows what else. Oh, certainly he could be going all Spartan and letting the kid fend for himself, but this just strikes me as quite foolhar-"

WE ARE EXPERIENCING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES, PLEASE STAND BY

Palace - Veronica

Veronica frowns when she's cut off, but she shrugs and holds the camera up to keep it pointed at Kothar. "Anything you'd like to add? And please refrain from attacking. I'm already prepared. As with hydra fangs, the seeds of my defenses have already been planted. But that does not mean I will stand for it being however lightly implied that I only CLAIM to be a parent. Let alone possibly a poor one."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2019-05-11 at 04:38 PM.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Palace - Group 2

This isn't the first time Emily's had to deal with enemies with stealth capabilities. It's always something of a mess to contend with, and you have to rely on senses other than your sight to make sure you know what you're doing. All war is deception, after all; information gathering skills are damn important. As such, when Emily hears the sound of the machine getting behind her, to strike at one of the weaker members of the party, she doesn't shout a warning. She doesn't call out to him to move. Instead, she just throws herself at the target, where she can hear and smell it.

It doesn't take a lot of weight to send someone off balance - a thirty pound backpack can knock over a full grown man if it's moving at a reasonable speed. Emily, however, does not weigh thirty pounds; rather, she weighs a little under nine hundred. As such when she launches herself as a missile to ram her shoulder into the thing currently threatening Metalhead from above, she'll likely crush it against the wall like a car might squish a pedestrian against a wall of brick.

Of course, the thing about car crashes is the car takes damage too. With its blades at the ready, there's a good chance Emily will have taken the blow intended for Metalhead, and then there's the question of the fall afterwards. Regardless of how much injury she takes from the creature, this won't be a graceful landing, as colliding with the wall will have knocked her completely off balance in midair, with no chance to right herself before she hits the ground.
    Last edited by Halae; 2019-05-11 at 05:32 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Palace- Veroni]

Jace sighs, smiling up at Veronica. Zebes squeals.
    [Okay Chief, this is important. If you get the sudden urge to spend and entire adventure doing basically nothing and only showing up as a plot device at the last moment, ignore it.]
    Jace takes his familiar out of his hood at stares at him, curiosity and worry slowly growing.
    ["Chief?" Zebes are you...okay?] [I'm fine, Chief. The rampancy is under control.] Jace stares at his familiar. Veroni's viewers might barely pick up a word that's not entirely appropriate.
    Jace opens his mind to his brother, and sways on the throne as pain pierces his brain from every angle.
    His familiar is drowning in a sea of noise, a cacophony of information, thousands of little needless things and tunes and melodies and thoughts and images and things screaming out in waves that buffet and assault his mind. What is normally just another part of his mind has grown far, far past what it should ever be. Zebes floats on the surface, holding onto some tune or line before it dissipates into the rest, but he can't hold on forever; things will worsen. Perhaps he could not say it directly, but his mind is sick. And what worries Jace most is that he didn't notice. Somehow, with their shared subconscious all of this sat bottling up in Zebes' brain. He had heard of the reports of people acting strangely. It was part of what had worried him about Veronica. But this is more than he'd thought. He can practically feel it seething against the restrictions of its host's mind, and yet unwilling or unable to touch Jace's. Jace is untouched, and he has to use that before Zebes is swallowed. So he lowers his consciousness into those depths, a raft in a storm. It's a small place, his mind, but he supposes he can let a guest crash there for a day, if it's family...

Veronica might feel a hand slip into hers near the end of her speech. Jace stands next to her, a strained smile on his face, white as a sheet. His left eye glows a piercing gold, its pupil reptilian. Zebes lays limp, cradled in his left arm. "You know, this is something I've always wanted to do too." he says, looking at their hands. It's hard to hold hands with someone without palms.
    "Did I not warn you, friend?" Jace asks of the reptile. "Maybe it didn't get through that thick skull of yours." says Zebes with Jace's mouth, the difference between the cadence of speech almost imperceptible.
    "I assured you that your help was not needed." "And then you accused my mate of tyranny."
    "I watched her for years, and I can attest to her patience and restraint." "She forgave us when we were wrong from day one."
    "She clawed her family up from nothing, out of love, achieving everything from the fruit of her own labors. She rejected the injustice inflicted on them by her mother, and the woman herself: rejected her and everything she stood for." "She cried. And yet In that Moment she Shined as Bright as the Sun, and I Wished to be so Brave."
    "So I tell you again. There is no evil here for you to chase. Your help is not needed. Please lea...... OH MY GOD ZEBES HAVE YOU BEEN TALKING OUT LOUD THIS WHOLE TIME?!""[SCHIST]! I'VE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE AND YOUR THOUGHTS ARE VERY LOUD!" "[FLIP!]"

Jace's color has returned to him in the form of turning more beet red than Veronica has probably ever seen him as he visibly cringes away.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2019-05-11 at 05:47 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

Palace

At the mention of an audience, Kothar mutters something under his breath. Keen enough ears will pick out the words, in Draconic "They'll get a show, but not from me. Euclid would've loved this." He looks Veronica straight in the eye, speaking loudly and clearly, but still in Draconic. "Where is safer than at my side? I have honed the art of the shield for years. Kings and emperors would pay fortunes to have one of my strength standing guard over them. I can heal any wound, any poison, any disease, even from beyond the very brink of death itself. I may not have asked Achuak here, but he is in little danger." Kothar looks down at Achuak, and looks him in the eye. "And he is my son. I have taught him well, and no matter what happens, I am proud of him." He turns back to Veronica and Jace. "You insult me with your insinuations, both of you. I have not even taken one step towards you, Harpy. If I were to attack you, I would not have allowed you to speak. And to you, Mage, I gave my word. I will not harm your mate. Do you think I would break it so lightly? You want recognition? Use your power for good, not for personal profit. Feed the hungry, shelter the homeless. Care for the weak, the sick, the poor, and the downtrodden, and you will have praise and thanks in abundance." Kothar's last statement, although addressed to Veronica, is equally meant for the watchers through the TV camera. He intends to give them a standard by which to judge the self appointed queen. He misses the cues with Jace and Zebes right until the very end. "Is this... normal?" It's certainly thrown Kothar out of his conversational groove.

My Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #239

Spoiler: Quotes: Palace group 2
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Palace - Group 2

With Emily at the fore(but behind their little guide) they'll enter the large chamber at the end of the hall without interruption, but as soon as they do so the skittering noise stops. Despite it having been sunny outside, soft moonlight spills down from a circular window above, flowing down onto the small mountain of robotic bodies topped by a pale figure in light blue. The pile of bodies leans against one wall of the chamber, and the pale one on top is that of a grey-haired woman. She's synthetic with joints and lines on her body like a doll's, but a sword has impaled her bloodlessly to the wall behind her. The hilt of the sword has been snapped cleanly off, but littering the floor and pile almost like gravel are the remains of dozens of other blades. Each has been shattered, erupting from within from some great force, but with the thick layer of dust on the ground it could easily be missed until someone steps on the broken swords and examines them.

Metalhead will find that the casing of the Magitek is nearly impervious to any sort of scanning as the alloy is great at shielding. More than that however, it seemed like something that could resist a great deal of stress both physical and magical, but the pieces on the ground are pretty basic affair considering there's not much inside it.

Their little guide walks in footsteps already made in the dust, taking a path walked many times before, until she begins climbing up the pile of bodies to place a new candle on a piece of silk next to the doll's body. "The honored one has remained here until someone fix her. But the intruder is still here. It doesn't like the taste of us, but you might not be so fortunate." She advises.

Despite her words, the room looks empty of anything moving except the guests...

Emily's nose however will tell her otherwise. Something metallic, hot and buzzing with magitek was in this room. After another moment, there is a small whisper from above, the sound of a blade scraping on stone, and only keen eyes might notice a blade as long as Emily's leg shimmer into existence above the group, poised and ready to strike down at Metalhead. There's an easily audible click when the blade draws back enough and then it swings down, attempting to cleave through his skull.

It looks like this one had active camo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    Palace - Group 2

This isn't the first time Emily's had to deal with enemies with stealth capabilities. It's always something of a mess to contend with, and you have to rely on senses other than your sight to make sure you know what you're doing. All war is deception, after all; information gathering skills are damn important. As such, when Emily hears the sound of the machine getting behind her, to strike at one of the weaker members of the party, she doesn't shout a warning. She doesn't call out to him to move. Instead, she just throws herself at the target, where she can hear and smell it.

It doesn't take a lot of weight to send someone off balance - a thirty pound backpack can knock over a full grown man if it's moving at a reasonable speed. Emily, however, does not weigh thirty pounds; rather, she weighs a little under nine hundred. As such when she launches herself as a missile to ram her shoulder into the thing currently threatening Metalhead from above, she'll likely crush it against the wall like a car might squish a pedestrian against a wall of brick.

Of course, the thing about car crashes is the car takes damage too. With its blades at the ready, there's a good chance Emily will have taken the blow intended for Metalhead, and then there's the question of the fall afterwards. Regardless of how much injury she takes from the creature, this won't be a graceful landing, as colliding with the wall will have knocked her completely off balance in midair, with no chance to right herself before she hits the ground.

[Palace - Group 2]

The catgirl arrives in the chamber and looks around the moonlit room. Hm. That's pretty strange. Moonlight? She wonders what happens, even as she looks around at the robot bodies.

Looking at the robot bodies, she starts thinking about the things she could make with them. Could she repair any of them? she asks herself. Marin continues following the guide, up the pile of bodies, and notices the significant one at the top. When the guide starts talking about the synthetic woman being fixed, Marin starts to wonder: is she skilled enough to fix someone like her? Marin has experience with robots and androids, but...maybe she's a little different? She looks at the synthetic doll: she's a bit more...human than most things she's tried to fix so far. Curious, she asks the guide, "Who would normally fix her? Would you mind if I had a look -" she starts to ask, before finally hearing the scraping.

She turns, to see Emily and everything going on. She draws her pistol from its concealed spot.
    She doesn't want to hit either Emily or Metalhead, and she's definitely not a magic sharpshooter, so Marin fires far enough above her allies so that she's guaranteed not to hit any of them. She's hoping the sound of the gunshot and the projectile would be enough for that...thing to retreat or (at the very least) pause.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

30. - Top - End - #240

[The Docks - Sewers]

Ewww!

If she hadn't seen several animals give birth, feed and... doing general gross animal things, Anika would probably feel sick seeing that creature.

But she had done this enough times to know her general role in combat. "People get behind me and start blasting that thing apart. I'll act cover. Don't worry about hitting me, I can take it!" Then she go all bear as the usual green cloud of energy envelopes her.

[Industrial Park - Blizzard Beneath]

Jaahlyn nods in acknowledgement to Morning, she knew what to do. She will attempt to gallop out of the way, moving towards the portal while also not trying to get too close to it. Getting to a position nearby with some cover would be ideal.

As she is forced to focus on getting out of the way the effect of the music drops somewhat, but the moment she can focus once more she will attempt to finish what she started and unravel with the music until it can't be maintained and collapse upon itself.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-05-12 at 10:39 AM.