New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Anyone else hyped for Borderlands 3 [Release date 9/13/2019]

I found a wonderful rainbow SMG that reloads almost instantly and turns into a spinning disc of bullets when you reload it, and a rainbow assault rifle that spits... I think its 8? shots at once in a fairly tight cluster, better than many shotguns, at full AR speed.

And a rainbow shield that gives some bonus on Digistruct Peak that I haven't really explored yet, which is called Easy Mode.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

I may need to reinstall this. I dont even remember what gear I had on my char when I last played. Except that (at the time) broken amp shield

3. - Top - End - #303
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    I may need to reinstall this. I dont even remember what gear I had on my char when I last played. Except that (at the time) broken amp shield
    I think you're talking about the Bee. It gave a lot of bonus damage on your shots, and when it came out, it wasn't limited to a single shot, but rather the first "pull" of bullets.

That is, if you fired a shotgun, every bullet had the bonus damage at once. Now it's divide evenly from all of the bullets in the "pull", so a sniper gets the same benefit as a shotgun. Still good, just not OP.

----------------

One thing they added are....Rainbow Sets? Not sure what else to call them.

There are some items that have bonuses if you have other items for the appropriate "set". For example, there is a Roid Shield called the Retainer that gives special bonuses to the gun Toothpick.
    Last edited by Man_Over_Game; 2019-06-10 at 04:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KOLE View Post
    MOG, design a darn RPG system. Seriously, the amount of ideas I’ve gleaned from your posts has been valuable. You’re a gem of the community here.

5th Edition Homebrewery
    Prestige Options, changing primary attributes to open a world of new multiclassing.
    Adrenaline Surge, fitting Short Rests into combat to fix bosses/Short Rest Classes.
    Pain, using Exhaustion to make tactical martial combatants.
    Fate Sorcery, lucky winner of the 5e D&D Subclass Contest VII!

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    I think you're talking about the Bee. It gave a lot of bonus damage on your shots, and when it came out, it wasn't limited to a single shot, but rather the first "pull" of bullets.

That is, if you fired a shotgun, every bullet had the bonus damage at once. Now it's divide evenly from all of the bullets in the "pull", so a sniper gets the same benefit as a shotgun. Still good, just not OP.

----------------

One thing they added are....Rainbow Sets? Not sure what else to call them.

There are some items that have bonuses if you have other items for the appropriate "set". For example, there is a Roid Shield called the Retainer that gives special bonuses to the gun Toothpick.
    The main quest line for the DLC also gives a relic that boosts the Toothpick, along with AR damage in general.

I very much like the idea of gear sets that build and compliment each other, and hope they carry that idea over into 3, perhaps being more overt about how many items are in a set.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

5. - Top - End - #305
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Yeah I’m pretty excited for the game.

Looking at being a Fl4k main 😎

(My gaming time is limited so having 1 character is more productive )
    CENTER]

6. - Top - End - #306

For those that aren't aware, the new DLC introduces a use for that weird amulet you buy in the Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep DLC.

Wear the amulet as you help Buttstallion in the sidequest near the end of the new DLC. If you're wearing the amulet, she'll do something for you when you feed her Eridium. Something...ah...."explosive". And very Buttstalion. And very worth it.
    MOG, design a darn RPG system. Seriously, the amount of ideas I’ve gleaned from your posts has been valuable. You’re a gem of the community here.

5th Edition Homebrewery
    Prestige Options, changing primary attributes to open a world of new multiclassing.
    Adrenaline Surge, fitting Short Rests into combat to fix bosses/Short Rest Classes.

7. - Top - End - #307

Additionally, more info for those who are not aware, Uranus (the boss in the new DLC) is probably the best thing to farm in the entire game, period.

Not only does he have insane levels of drop rates (often dropping 2+ legendaries), but he also happens to have a 1-way Fast Travel just past him. As long as you reach it (and not use it), you can quit and reload and you'll spawn at the same fast travel. No longer do you have to fight to work your way up to a boss, you can just reload, spend 5 minutes killing him (and he's pretty easy), and reload again. Rinse, repeat, until you have all the legendaries you want.

5th Edition Homebrewery

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Additionally, more info for those who are not aware, Uranus (the boss in the new DLC) is probably the best thing to farm in the entire game, period.

Not only does he have insane levels of drop rates (often dropping 2+ legendaries), but he also happens to have a 1-way Fast Travel just past him. As long as you reach it (and not use it), you can quit and reload and you'll spawn at the same fast travel. No longer do you have to fight to work your way up to a boss, you can just reload, spend 5 minutes killing him (and he's pretty easy), and reload again. Rinse, repeat, until you have all the legendaries you want.
    Also, he's easy to make fun of, for those so inclined.