New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Anyone else hyped for Borderlands 3?

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Borderlands Online, a FTP MMO with microtransactions and loot boxes.
    Heh, that could almost be interesting. People forming their own bandit clans, assaulting strongholds, fighting vault hunter NPCs...
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Heh, that could almost be interesting. People forming their own bandit clans, assaulting strongholds, fighting vault hunter NPCs...
    Yes, this will only work if we are the bandits.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Yes, this will only work if we are the bandits.
    I don't know if that would be a required design so much as the inevitable result.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

4. - Top - End - #34
    Banned

Can you guys please stop giving them awful, awful ideas?

5. - Top - End - #35
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    Can you guys please stop giving them awful, awful awesome, awesome ideas?
    Fixed that for you.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Can you guys please stop giving them awful, awful ideas?
    I'm not sure why you think the people who made Aliens: Colonial Marines and Duke Nukem Forever need anyone else to give them awful ideas?

7. - Top - End - #37
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    I'm not sure why you think the people who made Aliens: Colonial Marines and Duke Nukem Forever need anyone else to give them awful ideas?
    You forgot Battleborn. I would have said We Happy Few, but Gearbox only published that, they didn't develop it.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Banned

You're hurting my feelings and I'm telling mom.

I just want it to be good ok?

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    You forgot Battleborn. I would have said We Happy Few, but Gearbox only published that, they didn't develop it.
    Well in that case, they only finished whatever Duke stuff 3D Realms didn't, but that doesn't really matter because new teaser came out!

EXPLOSION NOISE
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

10. - Top - End - #40

Borderlands 3 is like Half-Life 3. I'll believe it exists when I see it, and not a moment before then.
    Quote Originally Posted by boj0 View Post
    Well in that case, they only finished whatever Duke stuff 3D Realms didn't, but that doesn't really matter because new teaser came out!

EXPLOSION NOISE
    They called me "False". They called me "Liar". But come to me now as your prophet, for we shall have thE SHINIEST MEAT BICYCLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by KOLE View Post
    MOG, design a darn RPG system. Seriously, the amount of ideas I’ve gleaned from your posts has been valuable. You’re a gem of the community here.

5th Edition Homebrewery
    Prestige Options, changing primary attributes to open a world of new multiclassing.
    Adrenaline Surge, fitting Short Rests into combat to fix bosses/Short Rest Classes.
    Pain, using Exhaustion to make tactical martial combatants.
    Fate Sorcery, lucky winner of the 5e D&D Subclass Contest VII!

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Stuff picked up from the teaser:
    Spoiler
    Show

Inverted vault symbol, special meaning?
    A siren?
    Dude with big gun
    Jack's mask (with holes)
    Psycho midgets? WS6ST is seen in the frame
    Aurelia?
    Fancy hair man
    Claptrap and a skag
    Rakks
    Man with facial hair and eye patch
    New buzzards?
    Cloaked robotic character (traveller/loader bot?)
    Woman in flying vehicle shooting (possible pc controlled buzzards?) TXBRK is seen on the vehicle, tax break?
    Woman with helmet and EXPLOSIONS around her
    3 characters high fiving, looks like Brick, Mordecai, and either Gaige or Tina? I'm leaning Tina due to the bunny hood/toy on the belt
    Something? Riding a rocket flying away
    Psycho holding a vault symbol
    Sir Hammerlock
    Semi-naked person with a cape and gun on a pile of bodies
    Ellie with armor. This one was blurry but looks like JJHEH, or JJHEK is in the frame
    Lilith with her wings and a shotgun, a technical is flying through the air behind her
    Woman on vehichle firing gun, a smaller version of Moxxi and her bar appear behind, a smaller unknown figure as well
    More rakks with creatures on their backs
    Zooming out, smaller figures are seen; one larger figure, a person in a long coat/coat skirt is seen
    The platform Lilith is standing on is a large Crimson Lance/Raider helmet
    More characters, some previously shown, others too blurry/covered/ to make out
    "Mayhem is coming"
    Fin

I'm sure I missed stuff, but this is already full of incredible details and nods...yeah I'm not getting any work done today

EDIT: I checked Reddit, the codes (including ones I missed) work out to C35TB-WS6ST-TXBRK-TTTJT-JJH6H, a shift code for BL2

HOLY CRAP there is morse code: "Count the Sirens"
    Even more codes: braille reading: "Like, Follow, and Obey"

Damn, this is gonna be intense
    Last edited by boj0; 2019-03-27 at 10:54 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42

Stuff picked up from the teaser:
    Spoiler
    Show

Inverted vault symbol, special meaning?
    A siren?
    Dude with big gun
    Jack's mask (with holes)
    Psycho midgets? WS6ST is seen in the frame
    Aurelia?
    Fancy hair man
    Claptrap and a skag
    Rakks
    Man with facial hair and eye patch
    New buzzards?
    Cloaked robotic character (traveller/loader bot?)
    Woman in flying vehicle shooting (possible pc controlled buzzards?) TXBRK is seen on the vehicle, tax break?
    Woman with helmet and EXPLOSIONS around her
    3 characters high fiving, looks like Brick, Mordecai, and either Gaige or Tina? I'm leaning Tina due to the bunny hood/toy on the belt
    Something? Riding a rocket flying away
    Psycho holding a vault symbol
    Sir Hammerlock
    Semi-naked person with a cape and gun on a pile of bodies
    Ellie with armor. This one was blurry but looks like JJHEH, or JJHEK is in the frame
    Lilith with her wings and a shotgun, a technical is flying through the air behind her
    Woman on vehichle firing gun, a smaller version of Moxxi and her bar appear behind, a smaller unknown figure as well
    More rakks with creatures on their backs
    Zooming out, smaller figures are seen; one larger figure, a person in a long coat/coat skirt is seen
    The platform Lilith is standing on is a large Crimson Lance/Raider helmet
    More characters, some previously shown, others too blurry/covered/ to make out
    "Mayhem is coming"
    Fin

I'm sure I missed stuff, but this is already full of incredible details and nods...yeah I'm not getting any work done today

EDIT: I checked Reddit, the codes (including ones I missed) work out to C35TB-WS6ST-TXBRK-TTTJT-JJH6H, a shift code for BL2

HOLY CRAP there is morse code: "Count the Sirens"
    Even more codes: braille reading: "Like, Follow, and Obey"

Damn, this is gonna be intense
    One of the prior clues, from a long while back, was "Don't Trust Tannis".

My wife and I are thinking that she might be a Siren, considering she has her neck covered and wears gloves. She also joined Dahl, a mining company, to investigate alien artifacts. Coincidentally, Eridium is an element that supercharges Sirens that was released from the first vault, that Handsome Jack built his empire off of by mining the crap out of it. Jack also tortured her for the Vault Key, saying that she was really tough to beat down.

I'm gonna guess that BL3 is about a Siren Cult that's trying to conquer the universe, almost using some sort of social-media mind control scheme. Maybe affiliated with the same one Maya was in? Angel proves that Siren powers can directly interact with technology, so....maybe?

They said that BL3 will be released shortly after ("if") it was announced, so it probably won't take too long from now to find out.
    Last edited by Man_Over_Game; 2019-03-27 at 11:25 AM.
    MOG, design a darn RPG system. Seriously, the amount of ideas I’ve gleaned from your posts has been valuable. You’re a gem of the community here.

5th Edition Homebrewery
    Prestige Options, changing primary attributes to open a world of new multiclassing.
    Adrenaline Surge, fitting Short Rests into combat to fix bosses/Short Rest Classes.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    One of the prior clues, from a long while back, was "Don't Trust Tannis".

My wife and I are thinking that she might be a Siren, considering she has her neck covered and wears gloves. She also joined Dahl, a mining company, to investigate alien artifacts. Coincidentally, Eridium is an element that supercharges Sirens that was released from the first vault, that Handsome Jack built his empire off of by mining the crap out of it. Jack also tortured her for the Vault Key, saying that she was really tough to beat down.

I'm gonna guess that BL3 is about a Siren Cult that's trying to conquer the universe. Maybe affiliated with the same one Maya was in?

They said that BL3 will be released shortly after ("if") it was announced, so it probably won't take too long from now to find out.
    Jack says he only knows about 3 sirens though. Maya, Lilith, and Angel make 3. And I believe Commandant Steele from BL1 was confirmed to be a fourth, until she died, so a fourth would be either missing or a child.

14. - Top - End - #44

And there are a grand total of 6 Sirens at any one time in the universe, IIRC. No idea how long it takes for an 'empty' slot to be filled by a newborn one.

15. - Top - End - #45

Flumph

There'll be a full announcement tomorrow apparently.

So everyone pray as hard as you can for the next 24 hours that at no point in that announcement do the words "Battle Royale" make an appearance.

16. - Top - End - #46

Free To Play and Always Online should also go on that list.

17. - Top - End - #47

Borderlands was heavily influenced by the Diablo formula, and considering the debacle that was the Diablo Mobile announcement, and the fact that the last game was about 5 years ago, I doubt they're willing to do anything less than what they know what people want.

I wouldn't mind some kind of quick-match, kill-the-badguys-with-random-strangers arena combat as an added game type, but I don't think they'd do anything extreme with forcing multiplayer stuff to happen. Borderlands' defining points is having a fun story and having cool guns, and neither is quite as effective in multiplayer.
    Last edited by Man_Over_Game; 2019-03-27 at 12:11 PM.

5th Edition Homebrewery

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

There'll be a full announcement tomorrow apparently.

So everyone pray as hard as you can for the next 24 hours that at no point in that announcement do the words "Battle Royale" make an appearance.
    Free To Play and Always Online should also go on that list.
    Betcha all three comes out.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

The only required multiplayer stuff that has happened in the series before are the raid bosses, so how likely is it that they do anything worse than that?
    Somewhere, an executive is rubbing his hands and cackling.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Banned

You can solo the raid bosses with the right builds

21. - Top - End - #51

You can solo the raid bosses with the right builds
    Weren't there some Raid Bosses that you can't fight solo? Like, you literally can't initiate the fight without having a +1?

Plus, I think that some of those "right builds" often require the raid items themselves to stand a chance.
    Last edited by Man_Over_Game; 2019-03-27 at 04:35 PM.

5th Edition Homebrewery

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

I think part of what made Borderlands stand out the first time was the fact that they specifically went against the "chasing the leader" design to the game. I know the first pass of the game was "realistic shooter" and they decided it just wasn't standing out and didn't really have a direction. So they completely reworked the art style to the cell shading we have now and built the world to match.
    I think many companies realize, and it has been proven over and over again, that it is much better to find a niche and do your thing because even if many people are playing "the big thing" there are a lot of people playing other things and they *want* something different. Why enter a market that you have very little chance of standing out in?

I enjoyed the video. You can get some ideas of the feel without it really giving anything away.
    The vehicle clearly had scythes on the side, so more vehicle combat maybe?
    Clearly a continuation of the current timeline rather than a long jump forward or back in time, which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned.
    I like how they incorporated the characters from the first game into the second game, and it looks like they'll be doing that again. So no "amnesia, you've forgotten everything you knew before and all of your powers are gone." While also still fully recognizing the power and influence the characters from the first game had on the setting, but at the same time not having them be almost gods.

I am hyped, going to see if maybe I can get my brothers to try to find a time to play it again. (assuming my computer can handle it, its definitely showing its age)

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Hrm... Didn't spot Rhys or Fiona in the new trailer, and believe me, I was looking. Did see a character who could be the Stranger/Loader, and I'm told Vaughn was in there, though I missed him. Here's hoping plenty of the plot points from Tales show up in BL3.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

24. - Top - End - #54

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    Hrm... Didn't spot Rhys or Fiona in the new trailer, and believe me, I was looking. Did see a character who could be the Stranger/Loader, and I'm told Vaughn was in there, though I missed him. Here's hoping plenty of the plot points from Tales show up in BL3.
    Athena did say that Fiona "had what it takes to be a Vault Hunter". I took that as a bit of foreshadowing.

Although, I'd much rather enjoy playing Rhys, being able to scan enemies to create an on-the-spot solution to any problem, similar to Claptrap's Killskill in the Presequel (although, hopefully, a bit less finicky).

5th Edition Homebrewery

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    Can't upload to a hosting site right now but here is the thread where someone uploaded high res stills from the trailer; there is a TON of stuff to dig through.

26. - Top - End - #56

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    The only required multiplayer stuff that has happened in the series before are the raid bosses, so how likely is it that they do anything worse than that?
    There have been some rumours going around for a little while, and even some spoilers that seem to have been confirmed by the teaser trailer - character designs appearing accurate mostly, which seems to confirm the identity of the four new Vault Hunters. Check it out, if you don't mind taking it with some salt as some of it seems likely but is still only rumoured.

Spoiler: Seemingly reliable, semi-confirmed rumours about the game content
    Show
    Very broadly, it sounds like BL3 is going to focus quite a bit more on co-operative gameplay, even going so far as to allow characters to interact with each others' Active Skills. For example: One of them, the Bot Jock, supposedly summons a large robot that she can ride in kind of like a vehicle, with turret weapons and other upgrades. The rumour is that once she has summoned her robot, other players can also ride in it and fire the weapons independently, kind of like the BL2 Bandit Trukk only more so.

Hopefully there wont be any plot-critical sections that require multiplayer, because I would hate that.... But being able to provide direct support to your friends seems like a good move, especially if they build on from the pretty weak squad-based skill trees from the Pre-Sequel. They always had potential, but I don't think they were implemented particularly well.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

"Mercenary dude" looks like Marcus Fenix to me. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    The vehicle clearly had scythes on the side, so more vehicle combat maybe?
    Image for posterity.

Everybody saying they "clearly" look like scythes for some reason. They are clearly flat and blunt, so are more likely to be wings.

28. - Top - End - #58

Can't upload to a hosting site right now but here is the thread where someone uploaded high res stills from the trailer; there is a TON of stuff to dig through.
    Wife has a theory that the rich, suave stealth character is Rhys, maybe taking back Atlas from the Calypso Twins?

5th Edition Homebrewery

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

If Tales from the Borderlands is still canon, then Rhys should be the owner of Atlas, unless we learn he was forced out and his stake in the game is getting it back.

30. - Top - End - #60

If Tales from the Borderlands is still canon, then Rhys should be the owner of Atlas, unless we learn he was forced out and his stake in the game is getting it back.
    The twins, aka bad guys, are apparently prior Atlas employees and I think they either are trying to, or have already, steal Atlas.

5th Edition Homebrewery