The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Dark Tales IC

1. - Top - End - #571
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Dark Tales IC

" ah dammit the puk gang? This is going to be a mess to deal with

Are they what trouble looks like around here?

2. - Top - End - #572
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

let me assure you gentlemen you have our cooperation, we hear you've been having trouble dealing with the puks

3. - Top - End - #573

" well they were a small time gang...untill they got a new leader who just goes by M...in fact aside from the highest leaders of the puk gang no one knows what M even looks like..and we keep finding more and more of our informants dead

He takes the pills from fenix and looks them over counting .."well guys take the survivor to the barracks and lock him up I'm going to stay to talk to the witnesses " the other guards load up p3 and the bodies without being asked and start heading out
    (Did we loot them? I want to say yes since fenix has all the pills/had)
    Once gone...
    " hey GM ...are you back in business?
    - well..I suppose I am.these kind folks became members just a few minutes before all this happened..aside from the half orc. I take it you are about to put up a request?
    " ...yea we guards..honestly we need help kind of bad..the puk gang has been steadily selling these pills here and it's been insane trying to deal with it..do you think I can request these folks ( he looks at the party when he says this) to find out where these pills are being made and shut it down? Hell..I'd settle for just scaring the puk gang into being a bit quieter by this point..problem is the low level thugs like those guys seem to have no fear anymore.."

4. - Top - End - #574

DruidGuy

We did loot, dunno if we split it up.

We are at your service, do you have any idea if they have a meeting place, or dare I say have any idea the whereabouts of their hideout? Judging by the reaction of the people, they have quite the reputation, that and the increased aggression from the drugs, I see why they dont fear much
    Last edited by DwarvenWarCorgi; 2019-09-23 at 07:57 PM.

5. - Top - End - #575

Probably yes but two questions if I may:

What's our legal status and what's in it for us?

Don't want to get hauled before the magistrate for common assault or theft because we beat one of these guys up and took his stuff.

Not that I'm demanding to keep what I kill, just want to know the situation when I go in

6. - Top - End - #576

Kobold

I just wanna know if their heads hafta be on when you find 'em.

*aside to GM*

er yeah I'm with them...do I need to sign anything? If so I should probably let you know that Blognaa is more concept than written word...also I can't write.
    I will see your Peasant Railgun and raise you a Kobold Particle Accelerator.

7. - Top - End - #577

to fenix and gorwin first

" well if you can at least slow them down the guards will provide some funds as thanks for sure, and ..think of it as being deputized ? Dont go killing innocent people like the normal townsfolk but anything that is puk related is "fair" . depending on how well this goes i might even be able to put in a good word with the mayor for you and see if we can get a bonus on helping with the town or anything else you might need

we dont have a confirmed hideout for the gang but i know for a fact they have a meeting point over in the south district where our patrols are restricted due to the...excessive violence.. unless we have at least 3 squads going in together we are not allowed in there so you might as well count that district as a so called lawless zone..anything can happen in there so watch your backs.
    if yall do decide to help us out with this i can scrounge up around...75gold right now from the other guards who want to get this town back to its normal order

GM to blognaa "oh well if you wish to join the guild like the others thats just fine! i can write up a contract real quick and just need a squiggle and payment from you , i know i call it the magic guild but we do accept anyone, and im sure either I or one of your comrades will be more than willing to read the contract to you since im assuming you are unable to read as well?"

8. - Top - End - #578

Ok don't kill anyone who doesn't have it coming

Got ya

Gorwin turns to the others

You want a subtle plan or go poke the nest?

9. - Top - End - #579

Kobold

Yeah sure that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorwin
    ...or go for the nest?
    Subtle...what is?

10. - Top - End - #580

DruidGuy

subtle would be asking questions and gathering evidence against them. I doubt subtle will work with the puks given their impulse control issues.

11. - Top - End - #581

Well, hang around, ask questions, maybe follow some of them
    Last edited by wilphe; 2019-10-10 at 05:15 AM.

12. - Top - End - #582

Kobold

Sounds...boring? I guess I play subble if you do. But we don't know the numbers...or their territory...like catching spiders

Else, if we go fast they have to counter fast.

13. - Top - End - #583

DruidGuy

we should go near the bad part of town, sell the armor with their crests, just as an extra insult, that might get their attention.

I'd ask time of day, but it's been so long, I'm gonna hope I tracked spells after that last fight.....

14. - Top - End - #584

yea my bad on the slow posting ..il go ahead and say that EVERYONE IS RECOVERED ( full hp and full spells, you can change them if desired at this point)

assuming blognaa joins the guild as well ( subtract 1gp) the GM looks over at the guard and shrugs while listening to the party plan
    " well looks like they are all for accepting so sure we will just draw up the request form right now.."
    they move off while the party decides what the plan is and when they come back the GM is holding a small pouch of what sounds like coins

" welp aside from what he told you the only other request he made was if you do something that would be illegal ..he does not want to hear about it ..not really the kind of request i wanted to be accepting right after getting new memebers but beggars can not be choosers in this situation haha"

just let me know where/when yall want to move on to whereever and we will say its slightly after 4pm?

15. - Top - End - #585

Remember our caravan master got us lodging at the inn. We'd probably better go check in there

16. - Top - End - #586

DruidGuy

agreed. Let's check in before anything else

17. - Top - End - #587

the party lets the guards know they will look into the matter and decide to head to the inn that was paid for ahead of time by the friendly caravan master

after a few stops to double check their directions they arrive in front of a modest building that has glints of gold speckled throughout white paint on the door and on the sign that proudly declares this location to be " THE LITTLE PRINCE"

assuming the group goes inside they find it quite busy and the clientle are mostly from the wealthier areas in the town, namely merchants and visiting merchants but a easy look makes it clear that bodyguards are never far, whether its the hulking muscular male dragonborn standing over the shoulder of a pale man scribbling furiously..or if its the slight movements of the thin and graceful feline folk who look to be absorbed in a game of cat's craddle yet you feel they can pull out hidden weapons in a moment if need be.

amid all this hustle and bustle is a rather large male who has what looks like actual emeralds growing out of his flesh at his shoulders and elbows skillfully bobbing and weaving his way around the crowd with a tray full of food and empty dishes alike.. " damn kid..running off at a time like this..." he notices the trio and gives a quick hollar " IL be right over folks just need to make this round of food out!"

18. - Top - End - #588

Gorwin nods at the man in quiet acknowledgment and takes a look around, anxious to see if there is an old man in the corner with a cloak over his face or anyone who looks like they might have a question mark floating over their head

19. - Top - End - #589

Gorwin does in fact see many old men with cloaks over themselves ..but all of them have groups of other people with them.including one group with what looks like 4 hob...halfings!!
    But none of them pay any mind to you

20. - Top - End - #590

DruidGuy

now, where is that wagon Master?

When we find him, fenix would also like to give him a bag and a letter for his master (either 100 or 200 out of my share of the gold, whatever's available, to keep up with apprentice spellcaster requirements).

When the barkeep comes back fenix orders the special, and whatever the local mead is.

21. - Top - End - #591

Kobold

Blognaa waves in acknowledgement and takes a seat. He'll order a mutton chop with some water when prompted for his order.

22. - Top - End - #592

Spoiler: fenix
    Show
    how long do you keep paying him? and lets say 200 just so its not a hassle later

the trio find a open table and after about 10 minutes the guy who talked to them comes on by

" sorry about that as you can see its a full house tonight and my help seems to have run off again, the name is Agthag Honestbreaker Ovethatho 5th in the line of the Ovethantho family! But, people around here call me Agth, so what can i do for you folks today, just stopping in for a bite or looking to stay the night?"

He quickly notes down Blognna and Fenix order and if Gorwin has an order he will take it also

Oh also no one saw the wagon master at this time but i was going to assume you made a pit stop at the church and got the money sent fenix because i feel like we mentioned that earlier and i know it has been a while

23. - Top - End - #593

DruidGuy

100/level til level 5.

thank you Agth. By any chance have you seen (wagonmasters name)

24. - Top - End - #594

Hello Agth. I would be Gorwin. Apparently our last employer arranged for us to stay here a few days.

Gorwin will order whatever the daily special is and cast his eyes around the room

(1d20)[10] Spot+9

As the evening goes on he will put his ear out for the rumour mill

(1d20)[19] Gather Information +1

25. - Top - End - #595

" gorwin..gorwin... " agth checks his notebook real quick " ah 2 double rooms booked by cargo master yup..paid for a week in advance with the nice room" ( I cant find my caravan master dudes name lol so..yup cargo master it is)
    " aside from him paying for the rooms I have not seen him since, although he is a family man I recall and most likely sets up with his group near the back of the stalls if you need him..I got your orders here and here are your keys for the rooms
    .top floor on the left btw last set of doors ..anyth"

"HEY AGTH WHERE IS THE FOOD WE ORDERED? I SWEAR IF ITS MOUNTAIN SLOP IM GUNA EXCAVATE THOSE GEMS FOR A REFU...." a loud and obviously drunk voice comes from near the middle of the room where a gathering of 6 nicely dressed men are sitting each with a pair of guards behind them ( 18 people total 6 richie's and 12 guards) and quickly all the talk in the room dies out aside from one very auditable " **** he did it now" in the corner

Spoiler: know nature dc 12 if you care
    Show
    Agth is a goliath, a proud race of humanoids raised in the mountains with the blood of giants flowing freely through them.
    One thing you never ever do is gake the gems that grow on their bodies for that is the greatest pride of all goliaths and wars have been fought in reclaiming " war spoils" from minor incidents among the tribes..oh and 90% of goliaths typically grow up to be barbarians able to tap into their latent giant blood to gain incredible power.

With a look in his eye that blognaa is easily able to recognize as poorly controlled rage
    " .....give me just a moment folks" agth takes off his apron and turns back to the table where the men are now laughing at the "joke" in a much deeper voice that sounds as if rocks are grinding against each other " ..il give everyone in the middle of the room who does not want to be involved to the count of three..I'm a fast counter though 1!!"

[ going to see if anyone wants to do anything at this point folks]
    Last edited by finaldooms; 2019-11-07 at 12:42 PM.

26. - Top - End - #596

DruidGuy

Kno Nature (1d20+9)[29]

oh, he shouldnt have said that
    Last edited by DwarvenWarCorgi; 2019-11-07 at 12:52 PM.

27. - Top - End - #597

Gorwin will watch for future reference and as a possible future witness but he will also take the opportunity to look where everyone else isn't looking because they are staring at the distraction.

28. - Top - End - #598

DruidGuy

agth, I must warn you, we are conscripted as auxiliary guards. I wont stop you from throwing the insolent fool out of your establishment, but I feel we must step in if it goes beyond that.
    Last edited by DwarvenWarCorgi; 2019-11-07 at 02:57 PM.

29. - Top - End - #599

Fenix, this is not what we are here for

30. - Top - End - #600

DruidGuy

agreed. And I know that pink skin uttered a deep cultural insult toward agth in his place of business. I've faced my share of bigotry, you wouldnt believe how many times my classmates tried to "put me out". As a newly deputized member of the law, a representative of our guild and weilder of The Holy Flames, I felt it would be remiss to not make myself and my intentions known.