New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 30 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Episode II: The Gathering Storm IC Thread 3

IC Thread 2: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...rm-IC-Thread-2

OOC Thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...m-OOC-Thread-2

Coruscant: "Sure, if you've got the credits, or goods for trade," the doctor replied.

Zoccom:
    "Hold on a second," Quest said, "what exactly is your guys' plan, what do you want with Jenos and his crew?"
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Episode II: The Gathering Storm IC Thread 3

"Our money, for starters. Plus extra for da inconvenience.

"What about you?"
    Shyar's tone changed, becoming more inviting and seductive, but not in the carnal sense. She stepped around directly in front of the twi'lek girl, bending her knees out to bring her eyes level with Quest's. And Shyar inched closer with every word. "Ya said ya hated 'im. What did he do ta ya? And how badly do ya want ta see 'im hurt?"
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Of course. Will this do?" Gial replied, pulling out various electronic devices he indeifnitely borrowed from Governor Lam's mansion.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I can provide up to 500 cr worth of those.
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

"Something for my wounds and a medpac would be appreciated. Thank you." Kikari says, as she adjusts her outfit to show the remnants of the wound from before. She and Gial did a decent enough job of patching it up, but she had no doubt that a doctor would do better. She doubted incompetent doctors would last long in a place like this.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    might help if I subscribed to my own thread,..

Coruscant:

“Yeah that’ll do for these scratches,” the doctor replied.
    He bustles about his office, collecting syringes and backs patches, and before long you’re patched up feeling almost as good as new.
    “Take these tonight as a precaution,” he said, handing over a pair of large blue pills, “with food.”

Assuming you then head for the lower districts, you turn right at the sign post and down a sloping ramp of a passage. There is a little bit of foot traffic but like before, you’re mostly left unmolested. The passage opens to a large cavern, and you can see what looks like apartment balconies carved directly into the wall of the cavern on both sides. Hovering balls of light bounce idly around the ceiling, which has been smoothed of stalactites. In the center of the cavern sits a child’s playground, vacant. There are several entrances to the apartments on both sides. The passage narrows again and continues far in the distance, perhaps 300 or 400 meters ahead of you.
    On the right side you see a sign for ‘office’, and on the left is a convenience store on the ground level. A few shady looking individuals are smoking something out front, as evidenced by the haze hanging around the front of the store.

Zoccom:

“He’s got my uncle in a debt trap, he barely made the last interest payment,” Quest replied, “I know how these thugs work; they’ll bleed my uncle dry and then either throw him away, kill him, or get him to do something stupidly illegal and dangerous to pay back his debt. My uncle is an idiot but unfortunately he’s kind of a package deal with my aunt and my cousin. Without him they’ll be in a really bad way so...”
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Shyar backed off. "I see. I can help, but if we're ta do anything, our time ta act is short. Get da speeder started, an' I'll explain on da way."

Shyar took the unconscious thug by the armpits and dragged him someplace out of view of casual passers-by. Then she stomped on his right hand and ground her heel in until she heard enough bones break to be confident he wouldn't be picking up a blaster anytime soon.

She ran back to the speeder, peeling off her coat and jumping the back seat. "I need some bacta here," she said to Zavi. "An' here, an' here, an' here, an' argh, definitely here."

"So Mister Jenos was half right. We ain't cops, but we were tryin' ta infiltrate his operation. Da power vacuum he's in right now has drawn attention from some larger outfits, who want to destroy or absorb Mister Jenos'. We were da scouts. Help us pull dis off, an' I can put in words ta have ya uncle's debt go away."

((Taking second wind, and if Zavi takes 10 on first aid, that'll bring me back to 79, full if I pass this aid another.
    Treat Injury - (1d20+2)[10]))

7. - Top - End - #7

"Thank you for paying. I will pay back when I have the money." Kikari says to Gial, as they depart the doctor's office. The journey through the caves is an interesting one, though not one that keeps her in good spirits. The sight of an empty playground reminds her of the children that must live there, which only strengthens her resolve to not let their task come to blows. "Let us hope there are sullustan around." She says, hoping for an easy hunt.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Sure."

"Hmm...well, if he rented an apartment here, the office ought to know. Might not be necessary this time, but keep your mojo ready." Gial said to Kikari, then headed straight for the office.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Zoccom:

Quest narrowed her eyes.
    “Depends, are you with the Hutts?” she asked.

Coruscant:

A lone four armed alien with dark hide-like skin and forehead ridges is manning the small office. Cluttered desks line three of the walls and a bookshelf jammed with all manner of documents and random devices sits against the fourth.
    “What do you want?” he asked roughly, while filing a document into a drawer and simultaneously typing on what appears to be an overworked and undermaintained computer, judging by the loud whirring sound coming from the exposed fan and circuit boards.
    TC for short

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"I'm looking for a friend." Gial replied, in a supremely annoyed voice. "The imbecile said he'd taken an apartment here the other day, but didn't tell me which. And now the moron won't answer! I bet he's high as a kite with those painkillers, because the moron got shot like the moron he is!"

"Anyway. Can you tell me that imbecile sullustan's apartment number?"

Show
    Deception (1d20+15)[26]

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"We ain't wit' da Hutts."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Zoccom:

The twi’lek pursed her lips.

“I can get you into Jenos’ hideout,” she said, “and get your weapons back. And my uncle’s debt is cleared. Deal?”

Coruscant:

“We value our tenants’ privacy, how important is it you find him?” the four armed alien replied. The room goes quiet as he stops filing and typing and whatever other administrative tasks he was occupied with. You apparently now have his full attention.
    TC for short

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Oh, Mister Jenos is going ta be dere?" Shyar said, perking up. She offered Quest her hand. "Deal."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Zoccom:

“I don’t know if he’s there now. If you want to know whether he’s there or not before I get you in, that’ll cost you extra,” the twi’lek replied.
    TC for short

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"We'll play it as it lies," said Shyar.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Zoccom:

“Alright, let’s get your weapons first,” quest replied.

She directs you down some side roads into a residential area, with grassy lawns and mostly run down picket or metal fences. Sickly looking trees line the streets in some places.

“Wait here,” she said, stepping out of the speeder once it stopped.

She walks 50’ down the street and turns the corner.

How long would you like to wait?
    TC for short

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Zavi didn't even wait for Quest to clear the corner. She touched Shyar's shoulder (to get her attention), winked at her, and then... disappeared.

In truth, she'd just activated Cloak so she could tail their contact unseen (despite her less-than-impressive Stealth score). At least until she hit a guard post... Even with the invisibility, Zavi wasn't stealthy enough to remain undetected if she got too close to something that could *hear*, so she'd have to stop well short of any such obstacle.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Oh, well, I tried. Not that I was expecting much.

"Extremely important!"
    Gial replied, shifting one eye to Kikari in a replay of what happened earlier at the clinic.

No reason to waste money in bribes for unverified information, when you could just mind control people into telling the truth. Force users sure had it nice...
    Last edited by Hyperbolic sine; 2019-03-27 at 10:22 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Shyar blinked as Zavi disappeared. "Neat trick. Comm if... wait, damnit, she still has my comm. Just scream then."

Note to self: Get a stealth field generator when the spice money comes in.

Shyar got out of the speeder and pulled her camo poncho over herself. She didn't go around the corner herself, but found a good place to conceal herself as close to it as she could, and set her stolen blaster to single shot mode.

((Taking 10 on stealth, 25))
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2019-03-27 at 05:56 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

"It is as he says." Kikari nods. "We worry for his safety, and for how he must be feeling with how he was shot. The painkillers are good, yes, but if it is too much, and he finds them too tempting..." She decides to let the implication hang in the air. She'd rather not use the Force for everything.

Spoiler: Persuasion
    Show
    Taking 10 for 26.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Zoccom :

The twi’lek walks down the road and up a driveway, unlocking the door before she enters into a squat two story residence pretty much indistinguishable from every other two story residence in this neighborhood. She doesn’t even bother to knock.

Coruscant: “You and everyone else,” the besalisk replied, “same rate for everyone, 500 credits, or equivalent tradable goods.”

You’re beginning to get the idea nothing is free in the undercity.

Spoiler
    Show
    so he is now convinced this info is worth a lot to you, which is making him disinclined to give it away for free. you can use the force to convince him to let you have the info for free, or you can hold him up at gunpoint and search the computer, or you can pay him or use persuasion to haggle him down by 50%
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-03-29 at 08:04 PM.
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Shyar sat and waited in her hiding spot, watching the alley. If this was another setup, she'd be ready for it...

((Perception - (1d20+4)[13]))

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

To Gial, the Force was simply a tool: not being sensitive, he didn't really get all the implications of its use, the stuff about light and dar side, and all those other Jedi things. In his eyes, Kikari's decision to not use the Force was just like, I don't know, decideing to slug it out with an Elcor instead of relying on that handy starship cannon over there.

He shot her a glare that was a combination of reproachful and worried, then pulled out a credstick. Unfortunately, threats weren't an option, seeing as they'd have to remain in the area afterwards.

"Yeah, I ain't paying that. He's not that important. 250, and you save me the hassle, or you get nothing and I'll find him myself."

Show
    Persuasion (1d20+9)[12] to haggle (if Kikari rolls as well, consider this an Aid). Actually +10, so 13.
    Last edited by Hyperbolic sine; 2019-04-03 at 07:21 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Zoccom:

It’s only a few minutes before you hear raised voices from inside the house, joined shortly thereafter by a baby’s cries. It’s another minute before Quest exits the building again through the front door, this time with a blaster in one hand. Over her shoulder she is carrying the satchel with your weapons. She appears to be heading back to the speeder.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-03-29 at 06:24 AM.
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Shyar remained put until Quest passed, then emerged and followed her to the speeder. "It's me, don't scream," she hissed.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Zoccom:

Quest startled, then kept walking, almost not breaking stride.

“I told you to stay in the speeder,” she hissed back.
    TC for short

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Ya did," Shyar admitted.

"I heard yellin' in dere. Everything good ta go?"

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Zoccom:

“It’s fine, my uncle is an idiot,” she huffed, “I don’t know why my aunt stays with him.”

You make your way back to the speeder where your weapons are returned to you.

“Everything there?” Quest asked.

“So, I’ll can get you into Jenos’ main hideout,” she said, “if you want me to confirm he’s there that’ll cost you... 12,000 credits, because I have to actually go inside and check.”
    TC for short

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Yep," Shyar said, sliding the snap baton into its holster. "While we're at it, can I have my comm back?

"Pass. He's dere or he ain't. No time ta waste kriffin' about.

"...Our ship. Did he send somebody ta watch it? Or, chaos help us, burn it?"
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2019-04-01 at 10:24 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Zoccom:

“Uh, I have no idea about your ship,” Quest replied.

She takes you through several back roads into a seedy run down neighborhood.

“Park here,” she said, “it’s maybe three blocks away. I’m pretty sure I can slice the locks, and then once you’re inside, you’re on your own, okay?”
    TC for short