New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Couple questions about Shapesand

As the name suggests I have a couple questions about shape sand. It's very vague about what you can do with it.
    1st do you need to actually be in contact with it to control it?
    2nd can you move it around without carrying it, and if so how fast? Namely because a 5 ft cube weighs more than 1250 pounds

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Couple questions about Shapesand

Quote Originally Posted by Crow_Nightfeath View Post
    As the name suggests I have a couple questions about shape sand. It's very vague about what you can do with it.
    2nd can you move it around without carrying it, and if so how fast? Namely because a 5 ft cube weighs more than 1250 pounds

1st: It is stuff from limbo. On Limbo you shape everything with your mind so I highly doubt that you need to touch it. Also it doesn't say you need to touch the shapesand.

2nd: You can carry it around shaped as a balloon.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

1- it is by proximity. You can maintain mental control of it up to 100 feet away. So no, you don`t need to be in contact with it.

2- as well as the balloon, you can turn it into a wagon or boat and have it carry itself. What you can not do is have it become ooze like and move around on a flat plane. You could make it liquid and have it flow downhill though. Or a straandbeast.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Okay, since I can control it does it need me to manually push it while it's in the form of say a ball, and it goes where I want it to?
    Last edited by Crow_Nightfeath; 2019-03-24 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Change the object

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Okay, since I can control it does it need me to manually push it while it's in the form of say a ball, and it goes where I want it to?
    Yes, you need to.
    If you want more contol over shapesand, you can take a few levels in the Sandshaper PrC. It is a very nice and flavourful PrC anyways, especially for sorcerers.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Okay, that should answer all my questions, thank you all xD

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by theAui View Post
    1st: It is stuff from limbo. On Limbo you shape everything with your mind so I highly doubt that you need to touch it. Also it doesn't say you need to touch the shapesand.

2nd: You can carry it around shaped as a balloon.
    No, you are thinking of Chaos Flasks.