The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: DnD Head Canons

1. - Top - End - #241
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: DnD Head Canons

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    When Asmodeus fell he likely took a layer of Celestia with him. It seems the kimd of thing likely to happen upon a whole bunch of archons turning evil. Akin to when one of the layers of Arcadia fell into mechanus when its inhabiyants ceased being good
    Nice numerical coincidence: That means originally, there were eight heavens and eight hells, eight being the number of perfection.
    I solemnly swear,
    To devote my life and abilities,
    In defence of the United Nations of Earth,
    To defend the Constitution of Man,
    And to further the universal rights of all sentient life.
    From the depths of the pacific, to the edge of the galaxy.
    For as long as I shall live.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

When someone without the requisite training tries to speak a word of the Dark Speech it comes out as a beep like they were swearing on network television

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

I am convinced that Githyanki and Githzerai are supposed to be Kingons and Vulcans. They were 'the same' in the sense that illithids captured them from the Star Trek universe. One one set is brutal warriors in space and the other are logical bozos in space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrocorus View Post
    This thread, Questions that can't be answered... Answered by RAW by No brains, is Epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    That is so stupid it's hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by georgie_leech View Post
    ...I've clearly been playing D&D for too long, because that made a demented kind of sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by that_one_kobold View Post
    And this is why I love D&D

4. - Top - End - #244
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    I am convinced that Githyanki and Githzerai are supposed to be Kingons and Vulcans. They were 'the same' in the sense that illithids captured them from the Star Trek universe. One one set is brutal warriors in space and the other are logical bozos in space.
    Romulans and Vulcans, perhaps?

Of course, Fading Suns revisited the idea with the Ur-Obun and Ur-Ukar
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Savage Scrolls: A Savage Worlds/Elder Scrolls Conversion
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Avatar is from local user Mehangel
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    The githyanki remind me more of the Alternian trolls from "Homestuck". Given the whole thing where they live their adult lives on the astral plane but grow up on material planets, they have psychic powers, they lay eggs, and they are rules by a sadistic queen with formidable supernatural powers

EDIT:

On an unrelated note, stuff owned by gnomish nobility has a tendency to be worn out and ratty but not look it. It starts out as nice luxurious stuff that is backed up and enhanced by illusion magic to make it nicer. Eventually the actually item wears out but the illusion remains so you wind up with stuff that's worn out and broken but still looks and feels luxurious

EDIT:
    Also, at least some of the monsters that seem to be mashups of other kinds of creatures - such as the owlbear, the sphinx, etc. - are likely not related to the species they resemble (In much the same way that the Platypus isn't closely related to either the duck or to the beaver)

EDIT:

Also, the Slaad language sounds like the vocalizations from the "Crazy Frog" remix of Axel F