New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Looking for some paladin and maybe bard homebrew

Playing a game that allows homebrew. Playing low level gestalt Half-fey Paladin//Bard with Battle Jump.

I like paladin for the divine grace at this level, and I'd like to have turn undead at 4th still for Barronar Valkyrie, which I got okayed for the character. However, I'm worried the character might be anemic since PoW and homebrew on the table.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Looking for some paladin and maybe bard homebrew

I am not sure what exactly you are asking here? Are you looking for strong homebrew items/feats to use with your current build? Or are you looking for Paladin/bard homebrews classes that are powerful?

What are some of the other builds in the party?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Bard is a pretty solid class, no need to worry their if you are comparing it to PoW.

I have no idea what Barronar Valkyrie is so i cannot speak on that.

If you are woried about not being powerful, just be a caster take sacred geometry and then do the calculations to get 2 free meta magic feats, as well as any you know to a spell as you cast it. with certain trait that would be cantrips for your up to 3rd level spells, or is it up to 4th?.. I forget off the top o my head.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    I am not sure what exactly you are asking here? Are you looking for strong homebrew items/feats to use with your current build? Or are you looking for Paladin/bard homebrews classes that are powerful?

What are some of the other builds in the party?
    I was looking for something to make Paladin more powerful and active.

In the time this thread was rotting, I actually just talked to my DM. He gave me permission to mash Hellreaver into it to make the class more powerful and lively.

1) Gain the Hellreaver's Holy Fury ability at level 1. The Paladin gains points equal to her cha mod plus 1/2 her paladin level when she enters this state.
    2) Divine Smite now is now triggered by spending 1 Holy Fury point once per round.
    3) Lay on Hands now functions as Divine Succor. It is a swift action that heals for 10 HP to one good target within 20 feet, plus 5 HP every third level
    4) Gain Mettle at level 9. Gain other Holy Fury uses at the hellreaver level would get it +5.
    5) Spellcasting improved to 6/9 (Bard spell slot progression). Spellcasting keyed off of Cha as the modifier rather than Wis. Spell from War, Healing, and Good domain tentatively added for the 5th and 6th level spells.
    6) CL and Turning Level now use the Paladin's full level.

I'm probably not the first person to do something like this, but it does look pretty good. I might write a proper write up sometime and give it to the world.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

I've recently bee looking at some pretty great Anti-Paladin work done by That Boomer Kid. If you don't want the Anti- flavor you can still mine it for quite a few good ideas.
    Avatar of awesome goodness courtesy of Cdr.Fallout.