New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Anyone here play Final Fantasy XIV?

I've recently done the coils unsynced with a friend. He was playing a lvl 76 gunbreaker, I was on my lvl 80 dancer. He'd done half of the coil solo, but then got stuck, and with two people it was mostly very doable. You might have some trouble with 1 or 2 bosses, but there's nothing that hitting a boss really, really hard won't solve.

We also tried to do Alexander with the two of us. There was one boss that had mechanics that basically forced us to group up, and we couldn't pull off the final boss because neither of us was a healer. If we'd been a tank-healer pair, we could have done that one with the two of us as well.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    I've recently done the coils unsynced with a friend. He was playing a lvl 76 gunbreaker, I was on my lvl 80 dancer. He'd done half of the coil solo, but then got stuck, and with two people it was mostly very doable. You might have some trouble with 1 or 2 bosses, but there's nothing that hitting a boss really, really hard won't solve.

We also tried to do Alexander with the two of us. There was one boss that had mechanics that basically forced us to group up, and we couldn't pull off the final boss because neither of us was a healer. If we'd been a tank-healer pair, we could have done that one with the two of us as well.
    Alexander isn't nearly as bad to get groups for synced, because it's on the raid roulette. Brute Justice and Alex Prime are still two of my favorite fights in the entire game.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Alexander isn't nearly as bad to get groups for synced, because it's on the raid roulette. Brute Justice and Alex Prime are still two of my favorite fights in the entire game.
    Yeah, both those fights where awesome. I'd heard brute justice's theme so I knew something was going to happen, but it was still hilarious when it did. Also, the two times we had to group up, the queue popped really quickly, so you're probably right about them being quite doable synced. We just decided to try to do it unsynced because we wanted to see whether we could :P

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

You should definitely do the crystal tower raids before you reach shadowbringers. Just queue in via duty finder, it's one of the roulettes so there's usually people running it.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    You should definitely do the crystal tower raids before you reach shadowbringers. Just queue in via duty finder, it's one of the roulettes so there's usually people running it.
    One tip for this: if you find yourself having enormous queue-times while queueing as a tank, try queuing as a dps instead. A friend of mine who mains gunbreaker was complaining about queues up to an hour, while I had queues of around 5-15 minutes as a dancer. Once he switched to a dps class, that issue resolved itself.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

It's what happens when you need 3 tanks but 15 dps.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    It's what happens when you need 3 tanks but 15 dps.
    Ironically making them easier on DPS, hah. But healers will always be in demand, no matter the content.