The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
Results 721 to 750 of 866
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Troll in the Playground
     
    enderlord99's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    A film shoot.

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    I still think the Water-type Trial Captain seemed really sketchy.
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

    I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

    I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm.
    Explanation here.

  2. - Top - End - #722
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Do anybody watch False Swipe Gaming? He tell very well detailed information on how good each Pokemon is in every version every week on Sunday on Youtube.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2019-09-16 at 02:40 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #723
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Do anybody watch False Swipe Gaming? He tell very well detailed information on how good each Pokemon is in every version every week on Sunday on Youtube.
    This advertisement bought and paid for by False Swipe Gaming.

    You could at least link to a video of his.

  4. - Top - End - #724
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    This advertisement bought and paid for by False Swipe Gaming.

    You could at least link to a video of his.
    Just type False Swipe Gaming on Youtube search engine and you'll find it.

    Fine. Here a video of how Good Mewtwo is competitively.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F1LWHmvce4Q&t=87s
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2019-09-17 at 03:37 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #725
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Aotrs Commander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, UK and Bleak Despair battlestation. Species: Spirit-Bound Skeletal Lich (Lawful Evil)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Sirfetch'd.

    *deep sigh*

    Of course.

  6. - Top - End - #726
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Sirfetch'd.

    *deep sigh*

    Of course.
    At least we have an evolution for Farfetch'd now.

  7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lvl 2 Expert's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Tulips Cheese & Rock&Roll
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Sirfetch'd.

    *deep sigh*

    Of course.
    That is awesome.

    The name is not the best, sure, but if they are going to add new evolutions, this is exactly what they should be like. It doesn't look like some overpowered monstrosity, it doesn't look disconnected from the original line, it's silly enough to be the followup to a silly mon. There even seems to have been some thought going into this one as just last generation Farfetch'd got its attack stat upped, leading to this all out attacking evolution. It mixes mythologies, from a Far Eastern lucky duck that brings its own seasoning to a European knight, but it's a silly and inconsequential enough Pokémon that I really can't get myself to mind that too much. Unless maybe they give this thing 550+ TBS, an overpowered hidden ability and a super central place in everything to do with this generation maybe, but if handled the right way, this could be just one of those fun decent Pokémon that really deserve some love every now and then.

    It's also curiously enough possibly the first Pokémon ever who's weight is overestimated by the Pokédex. 0.8m and 117kg? What, it's a steel type now or something? (wouldn't be weird for the knight theme, but I don't see any indications of it.) By comparison, Farfetch'd is 0.8m as well but 15kg, and Rhydon is 1.9m and 120kg. (Which is a big underestimation, but very typical for the series.) I'm pretty sure that in "reality" Rhydon could eat this duck leek and all and you would barely notice the bulge.
    The ultimate OOTS cookie cutter nameless soldier is the hobgoblin.

  8. - Top - End - #728
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    That is awesome.

    The name is not the best, sure, but if they are going to add new evolutions, this is exactly what they should be like. It doesn't look like some overpowered monstrosity, it doesn't look disconnected from the original line, it's silly enough to be the followup to a silly mon. There even seems to have been some thought going into this one as just last generation Farfetch'd got its attack stat upped, leading to this all out attacking evolution. It mixes mythologies, from a Far Eastern lucky duck that brings its own seasoning to a European knight, but it's a silly and inconsequential enough Pokémon that I really can't get myself to mind that too much. Unless maybe they give this thing 550+ TBS, an overpowered hidden ability and a super central place in everything to do with this generation maybe, but if handled the right way, this could be just one of those fun decent Pokémon that really deserve some love every now and then.

    It's also curiously enough possibly the first Pokémon ever who's weight is overestimated by the Pokédex. 0.8m and 117kg? What, it's a steel type now or something? (wouldn't be weird for the knight theme, but I don't see any indications of it.) By comparison, Farfetch'd is 0.8m as well but 15kg, and Rhydon is 1.9m and 120kg. (Which is a big underestimation, but very typical for the series.) I'm pretty sure that in "reality" Rhydon could eat this duck leek and all and you would barely notice the bulge.
    I agree. Sirfetch'd is awesome.

  9. - Top - End - #729
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Sirfetch'd is pure fighting type. That weight is raw duck, beef and onions, man.

    Anyway this rules and is the best. His japanese name is a really good pun because it basically means "Ultimate Leak Knight" and also is the phrase "you can't separate me from my sword" or something along those lines. It rules. Y'all haters who don't appreciate the turducken of pokemon.


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  10. - Top - End - #730
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    MCerberus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    I for one welcome our new knight-bird overlords.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show


    Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

    Ask blogs: Screwball and Derpy | Gummy

  11. - Top - End - #731
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lvl 2 Expert's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Tulips Cheese & Rock&Roll
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Sirfetch'd is pure fighting type.
    O yeah.

    That's kinda odd. Farfetch'd is normal-flying. Is there any other Pokémon besides Eevee that loses its entire typing at evolution?
    The ultimate OOTS cookie cutter nameless soldier is the hobgoblin.

  12. - Top - End - #732
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    I wonder if there's a Ladyfetch'd here?

  13. - Top - End - #733
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Aotrs Commander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, UK and Bleak Despair battlestation. Species: Spirit-Bound Skeletal Lich (Lawful Evil)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Yes, I have always thought Farfetch'd was silly, along with a large number of Pokémon across all generations.

    Even the anime, which can sometimes manage miracles when you see them move properly, couldn't do anything that wasn't incredibly dumb with Farfetch'd.



    Meanwhile, Pokémon like Skarmory (which are, if not the top-tier aesthetically, are pretty cool and actually useful), which still doesn't have an evolution, a regional form or even a mega-form.

    But no, let's keep taking the naffest Pokémon from Gen 1 and make them somehow even more stupid-looking with the regional forms (Alolan Vulpix/Ninetails and MAYBE Marrowak being about the only exception in both aethetics and mechanics).

    Is Nintendo REALLY, like, actively trying to put me off what should be, like, their easiest sell ever (i.e. Pokémon in NotEngland that I've wanted to so see since Misty made that offhand reference in the Orange League)...?



    I mean, sure Sirfetch'd is not in the same category of Chimney-TopHat or Has A Beard Now or Stupid Neck from last gen, but... It's a fricking FARFETCH'D evolution!

    Presumably, Delibird must be on the list at someone, since it's completely useless and even early generation. Excitement abounds...

    (Spinda is buggered on all counts, I expect; as is Unown...)

  14. - Top - End - #734
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lvl 2 Expert's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Tulips Cheese & Rock&Roll
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Presumably, Delibird must be on the list at someone, since it's completely useless and even early generation. Excitement abounds...
    That could be cool actually. Flying/Ice is a half decent and uncommon typing, and I don't actively dislike the way it looks. With slightly better and more specialized stats and a bit less of the Santa gimmick...
    The ultimate OOTS cookie cutter nameless soldier is the hobgoblin.

  15. - Top - End - #735
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    deuterio12's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Had heard rumors about this one and even some nice fanartist portrayals but the the actual final result is glorious.

    Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    I for one welcome our new knight-bird overlords.
    Now I want the true final boss to be a Sirfetch'd.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I wonder if there's a Ladyfetch'd here?
    That would be Damefetch'd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

    ...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."

  16. - Top - End - #736
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by deuterio12 View Post
    Had heard rumors about this one and even some nice fanartist portrayals but the the actual final result is glorious.



    Now I want the true final boss to be a Sirfetch'd
    I just hope it get it’s own Gigamax form (whatever it’s called). Just like that new cream Pokémon who can become a giant cake

  17. - Top - End - #737
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Qwertystop's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Eh. If we've got a Sirfetch'd, I want to see a Quagsquire.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2019-09-18 at 08:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

  18. - Top - End - #738
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Eh. If we've got a Sirfetch'd, I want to see a Quagsquire.
    Nah, I want a Dunsparce evolution, he deserve it LOL!

    Quagsire has advantages on his own. Good typing, access to Recovery etc.

    I cant wait to have the complete Pokemon list. I would not buy a version until I know which Pokemon are limited to what version. I dont have friends to trade them with LOL

  19. - Top - End - #739
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    deuterio12's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    Nah, I want a Dunsparce evolution, he deserve it LOL!

    Quagsire has advantages on his own. Good typing, access to Recovery etc.

    I cant wait to have the complete Pokemon list. I would not buy a version until I know which Pokemon are limited to what version. I dont have friends to trade them with LOL
    Buy both versions, that way you don't need friends!

    Also definitely yes to gigantimax Sirfetch'd (doubly if it's the final form of the final boss).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

    ...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."

  20. - Top - End - #740
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lvl 2 Expert's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Tulips Cheese & Rock&Roll
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    Quagsire has advantages on his own. Good typing, access to Recovery etc.
    And it would be even better on eviolite... ;j

    (Also the Quagsquire pun is good. Too bad going from sire to squire is not much of an inprovement. He'd have to become like Napondleon or something (for the record: not a good idea to start naming Pokémon after dictators (edit: as Maryringpointed out, too late, Hitlachu will be coming next)) to count as higher than sire.)
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2019-09-19 at 04:48 AM.

  21. - Top - End - #741
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Bergen

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    We already have Empoleon though, so it's a little late for that.

  22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    cobaltstarfire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    O yeah.

    That's kinda odd. Farfetch'd is normal-flying. Is there any other Pokémon besides Eevee that loses its entire typing at evolution?
    Cubone> Alola Marowak goes from Ground to Fire/Ghost.


    Can't think of any others off the top of my head, but the Cubone line is one of my favorites so its an easy one to remember.

  23. - Top - End - #743
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Sirfetch'd rocks.
    And I'm so in love with it's german name.
    Lauchzelot*.
    I mean, with a name like that who needs a nickname?

    *Lauch** + Lancelot

    **Leek
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

    Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")



  24. - Top - End - #744
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltstarfire View Post
    Cubone> Alola Marowak goes from Ground to Fire/Ghost.


    Can't think of any others off the top of my head, but the Cubone line is one of my favorites so its an easy one to remember.
    No other Pokemon change completly its typing like that. I checked LOL

    Kantaki: Yeah, Sirfetch'd DOES rocks! It's my favorite non-legendary Fighting type Pokemon now. Well, the only other 2 on that list were Haluwcha and Pangaro. Haluwcha wasn't bad but I prefer the regal look of Sirfetch'd. And Pangoro is very cool but I wish he had a bamboo sword rather then a bamboo stick in his mouth.

    I would have love a event Pokemon of a Pangoro able to use Leaf Blade... But I dont like how you have to make Pancham way's to make it evolve and Sirfetch'D regal look just wins it for me lol!

    I love Marshadow however. It's a shame there wasn't a GOOD movie featuring him or a good Pokemon episode. He is adorable and strong. I love his movepool too.

    I wonder if a retired Sirfetch'D with no leek blade become a Flying type again

  25. - Top - End - #745
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lvl 2 Expert's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Tulips Cheese & Rock&Roll
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    Sirfetch'd rocks.
    And I'm so in love with it's german name.
    Lauchzelot*.
    I mean, with a name like that who needs a nickname?

    *Lauch** + Lancelot

    **Leek
    It's almost a shame they didn't use that for its English name.





    Hihi, Leekalot has to pee. (Also, Roy has boobies.)
    The ultimate OOTS cookie cutter nameless soldier is the hobgoblin.

  26. - Top - End - #746
    Titan in the Playground
     
    tgva8889's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    So at this point, how many Gen 1 Pokemon that didn't evolve are now part of an evolution chain or have some sort of evolution? I think Lapras, Ditto, and the legendary birds don't and everything else has some sort of evolution or evolution line now? I guess Mew doesn't evolve yet, but it did have a Z-Move? I don't think that counts for this.

    Edit: Oh, I missed Tauros. That's still very few! Though I expect most of those are never going to evolve.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2019-09-22 at 12:23 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

  27. - Top - End - #747
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    It's almost a shame they didn't use that for its English name.





    Hihi, Leekalot has to pee. (Also, Roy has boobies.)
    Yeah, that's probably why they didn't.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

    Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")



  28. - Top - End - #748
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    No other Pokemon change completly its typing like that. I checked LOL

    Kantaki: Yeah, Sirfetch'd DOES rocks! It's my favorite non-legendary Fighting type Pokemon now. Well, the only other 2 on that list were Haluwcha and Pangaro. Haluwcha wasn't bad but I prefer the regal look of Sirfetch'd. And Pangoro is very cool but I wish he had a bamboo sword rather then a bamboo stick in his mouth.

    I would have love a event Pokemon of a Pangoro able to use Leaf Blade... But I dont like how you have to make Pancham way's to make it evolve and Sirfetch'D regal look just wins it for me lol!

    I love Marshadow however. It's a shame there wasn't a GOOD movie featuring him or a good Pokemon episode. He is adorable and strong. I love his movepool too.

    I wonder if a retired Sirfetch'D with no leek blade become a Flying type again
    Azurill is a normal type, becomes water type when it becomes Merril.


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  29. - Top - End - #749
    Troll in the Playground
     
    tonberrian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Azurill is a normal type, becomes water type when it becomes Merril.
    Yeah but it's Normal/Fairy now going into Water/Fairy. That's about as different as Surskit, bug/water, going into Masquerain, bug/flying.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

    Rick Venture avatar by kpenguin, his GM.

  30. - Top - End - #750
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ogremindes's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Lawson, Sydney

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    It's almost a shame they didn't use that for its English name.





    Hihi, Leekalot has to pee. (Also, Roy has boobies.)
    Lancshallot. That is all.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •