Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 369
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Pokemon is becoming like Digimon.

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2018

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Yeah, not liking the idea of Armor Evolution if that's true...mostly because I don't need 20 different gimmicks with my pokemon to keep it interesting. I was hesitant on Megas but grew to love them as they boosted normally underused pokemon (Say hello, Khangaskhan), though some I really don't like for the reverse reason (Lucario seriously needed one?). Z-Moves seem a bit excessive to me, but I suppose those are fine. But a new type of 'non-permanent' evolution seems redundant. What's wrong with just more megas? Unless its just another held item like 'boost the user's Def + Sp Def 2 stages,' which would be fine, but don't add the word 'evolution to it.

    That said, I've been betting since Gen 3 - and been wrong each generation - that this has GOT to be the generation to make Sound type a thing! I could write a short essay on it, but trust me, this is the game it'll be dropped. Swear it.

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Karnitis View Post
    Yeah, not liking the idea of Armor Evolution if that's true...mostly because I don't need 20 different gimmicks with my pokemon to keep it interesting. I was hesitant on Megas but grew to love them as they boosted normally underused pokemon (Say hello, Khangaskhan), though some I really don't like for the reverse reason (Lucario seriously needed one?). Z-Moves seem a bit excessive to me, but I suppose those are fine. But a new type of 'non-permanent' evolution seems redundant. What's wrong with just more megas? Unless its just another held item like 'boost the user's Def + Sp Def 2 stages,' which would be fine, but don't add the word 'evolution to it.

    That said, I've been betting since Gen 3 - and been wrong each generation - that this has GOT to be the generation to make Sound type a thing! I could write a short essay on it, but trust me, this is the game it'll be dropped. Swear it.
    I think Armor Evolution is a great idea. If Digimon can do it, why not the same for Pokemon?

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Qwertystop's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    "Armor evolution" has been a rumor for lots of generations, right? Wouldn't be surprised if it went back to Gen 2. I wouldn't put any stock in it without a lot more than rumors.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground
     
    tgva8889's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Yeah that team has 3 Pokemon with Swords Dance, I might want to change that. I've never used Tapu Bulu before but I was also surprised with how well it took hits. I think Grassy Terrain helped on some of the hits, but I was surprised that stuff like Kyurem's Ice Beam did so little.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    5e: Orianna OOC IC
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    boj0's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    I went with Ice Beam as a safe play if you switched, Kyurem was my Z move mon (Z Freeze Shock ko's max def/hp Bulu), but I was thinking you would go Toxapex and I didn't want to waste a Z move on it, so I figured Ice Beam for chip damage into Bolt Strike was the play...it was not
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground
     
    tgva8889's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Based on your team I figured Kyurem was the Z-move, so I was glad to catch you with the Superpower and not have to worry about any of my Pokemon exploding. I forget that Kyurem's best stat is Attack, so I guess the Ice Beam not doing much makes sense.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    5e: Orianna OOC IC
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    By the way, as a prediction for Sword and Shield:

    IF Sword and Shield do in fact get a thing called armor(ed) evolution (there are some loose rumors)
    and IF that's essentially just the same thing as mega evolution
    and IF they make like a few dozen of these forms max but Charizard immediately gets two of them
    I will seriously consider being officially done with this franchise.

    (Armored Pikachu on the other hand would be pretty cool.)
    So if an unconfirmed rumor is true and if it's a few select pokemon and if one pokemon gets two you're done with the franchise? That's a lot of ifs. Pokemon Direct comes out this month. Maybe temper your expectations until then?

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    I think Armored Pokemon will have a high Defense and Special Defense Stats.

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2018

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    So vis-a-vis the tournament, I haven't heard from Rynjin but he's my last battle. Is anyone else needing to battle?

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Karnitis View Post
    So vis-a-vis the tournament, I haven't heard from Rynjin but he's my last battle. Is anyone else needing to battle?
    I'll battle you. My name is Bartmanhomer in Pokemon Showdown.

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lvl 2 Expert's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Tulips Cheese & Rock&Roll
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    So if an unconfirmed rumor is true and if it's a few select pokemon and if one pokemon gets two you're done with the franchise? That's a lot of ifs. Pokemon Direct comes out this month. Maybe temper your expectations until then?
    That's the point, that is a lot of ifs.

    Actually, I don't know if there was a point, but it's still a lot of ifs.



    All three of us still need Rynjin.

    They still have two weeks...
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2019-04-08 at 12:33 AM.

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground
     
    tgva8889's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    I always think things like "If Pokemon does this, I'll probably be done" but here I am, 20 years later, still playing Pokemon, so at this point whatever it is I'll probably try it and if I don't like it I won't put in as much effort as I once did.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    5e: Orianna OOC IC
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    I start playing Pokemon again with Let's Go in Pokemon Showdown website.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    That's the point, that is a lot of ifs.

    Actually, I don't know if there was a point, but it's still a lot of ifs.
    Me neither. I was just pointing out that...that's really a lot of hurdles to clear.


    It also appears that the next Direct is next month? Not sure when it's slated at this point. Just that it'll have more for us fans.

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lvl 2 Expert's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Tulips Cheese & Rock&Roll
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Pokémon Go is apparently getting a Mewtwo form indicated with the letter A. It's wild speculation at this point, but it could tie in to something coming to the main series in Gen 8.
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2019-04-08 at 05:04 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    unseenmage's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Middle of nowhere USA.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Just got a Ditto from a Venonat. (completed two 10x ultraball quests, sweet!)

    Didn't think they could be Ditto.
    Have dittos changed?
    Would explain my multiple week quest to find it.

    Maybe they changed the ditto lineup when Rattatta was made shiny so nobody got ditto-ed out of a shiny?

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lvl 2 Expert's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Tulips Cheese & Rock&Roll
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    I don't think a Ditto disguised as an X can be shiny. Dittos already act subtly different from what they're disguised as. It should only appear shiny if the Ditto is shiny, I figure.
    The ultimate OOTS cookie cutter nameless soldier is the hobgoblin.

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Ditto, Magikarp and Chansey are very weak Pokemon. Stats-Wise. Although Chansey got very high HP and reasonable Special Defense.

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lvl 2 Expert's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Tulips Cheese & Rock&Roll
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Magikarp's total base stats are 50 points lower than Chansey's HP base stat alone. They're not even in the same ballpark. And I know Quagsire isn't everyone's benchmark for decent stats, but it's still a fully evolved mon with one or two good uses and it has lower total basestats than Chansey. Chansey also has a typing and movepool that go very well with its base stats. Altogether it's questionable whether Chansey ever needed an evolution or was strong enough to begin with. That's never been a question with Magikarp.
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2019-04-08 at 01:59 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    Magikarp's total base stats are 50 points lower than Chansey's HP base stat alone. They're not even in the same ballpark. And I know Quagsire isn't everyone's benchmark for decent stats, but it's still a fully evolved mon with one or two good uses and it has lower total basestats than Chansey. Chansey also has a typing and movepool that go very well with its base stats. Altogether it's questionable whether Chansey ever needed an evolution or was strong enough to begin with. That's never been a question with Magikarp.
    Her evolution is Blissey and I forgot Chansey pre-evoulution is.

    Also my Dragon Type Team finally made a win. It was a very difficult one. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/g...goou-889605497
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2019-04-08 at 07:17 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lvl 2 Expert's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Tulips Cheese & Rock&Roll
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Her evolution is Blissey and I forgot Chansey pre-evoulution is.
    Happiny. But I wasn't asking that, I was saying Chansey is a strong Pokémon.
    The ultimate OOTS cookie cutter nameless soldier is the hobgoblin.

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2018

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    Happiny. But I wasn't asking that, I was saying Chansey is a strong Pokémon.
    One of about 3 "OU" Normal types!

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    Happiny. But I wasn't asking that, I was saying Chansey is a strong Pokémon.
    I know that. I was just pointing that out. But in my opinion Chansey isn't all that strong. Sure she have a few tricks up her sleeve but other than that, she's not the most powerful Normal Type Pokemon in the game.

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Fable Wright's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I know that. I was just pointing that out. But in my opinion Chansey isn't all that strong. Sure she have a few tricks up her sleeve but other than that, she's not the most powerful Normal Type Pokemon in the game.
    No, that's Arceus.

    But Chansey is really good. She has a place in Ubers for a reason—she can take just about any (special) hit to allow status effects to do their work.

    I have (for fun) had a Volcarona who quiver danced up to +6 try to break through Chansey.

    I completely failed.

    Chansey with Eviolite is evil. Chansey with Eviolite and Minimize is just unfair.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lvl 2 Expert's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Tulips Cheese & Rock&Roll
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    And sure, you were talking base stat wise, so much of what makes Chansey strong doesn't count there. But she's still not weak. She has a very normal amount of base stat points even for a fully evolved Pokémon, and the odd distribution easily helps her more than it hurts her.
    The ultimate OOTS cookie cutter nameless soldier is the hobgoblin.

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Fable Wright View Post
    No, that's Arceus.

    But Chansey is really good. She has a place in Ubers for a reason—she can take just about any (special) hit to allow status effects to do their work.

    I have (for fun) had a Volcarona who quiver danced up to +6 try to break through Chansey.

    I completely failed.

    Chansey with Eviolite is evil. Chansey with Eviolite and Minimize is just unfair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    And sure, you were talking base stat wise, so much of what makes Chansey strong doesn't count there. But she's still not weak. She has a very normal amount of base stat points even for a fully evolved Pokémon, and the odd distribution easily helps her more than it hurts her.
    I'll agree with both of you when Magikarp becomes God-Tiers Stats.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lvl 2 Expert's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Tulips Cheese & Rock&Roll
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I'll agree with both of you when Magikarp becomes God-Tiers Stats.
    You'll agree to the fact that Chansey has over double the base stats of Magikarp if and only if Magikarp gets higher stats, specifically around 680 TBS or higher?

    So what you're saying is you specifically want to be wrong under any and all circumstances.
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2019-04-10 at 07:59 AM.

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    You'll agree to the fact that Chansey has over double the base stats of Magikarp if and only if Magikarp gets higher stats, specifically around 680 TBS or higher?

    So what you're saying is you specifically want to be wrong under any and all circumstances.
    I meant that as a joke. Nothing serious.

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lvl 2 Expert's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Tulips Cheese & Rock&Roll
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I meant that as a joke. Nothing serious.
    And I'll agree it is a joke when you swear you actually meant it.

    I'll also stop posting about this train of thought if I will continue posting about it forever.

    Note that this post is not in English.
    The ultimate OOTS cookie cutter nameless soldier is the hobgoblin.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •