New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

I'm pretty sure what they're doing with home is "We knew that we were going to make it so you couldn't have all the Pokemon in Sword and Shield, so we're making sure you can have all the Pokemon somewhere." I don't know that there is anything else about Pokemon Home, really; I think it is, literally, a home for all your Pokemon to live, so you can maintain your collection in one single place.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

2. - Top - End - #572
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    I'm pretty sure what they're doing with home is "We knew that we were going to make it so you couldn't have all the Pokemon in Sword and Shield, so we're making sure you can have all the Pokemon somewhere." I don't know that there is anything else about Pokemon Home, really; I think it is, literally, a home for all your Pokemon to live, so you can maintain your collection in one single place.
    I'm not against the concept at all.

I'm just concerned about the monetary cost, which I may not be able to work with. if Home turns out to be good enough, it might persuade me to re-buy Sword. any subscription deal will have to compete with MMOs, and I rather pay upkeep for something I constantly use than something I'd use probably much less often. I mean if they if they can make the pokemon games, surely they can just make what is essentially just a pokemon storage box from the games that you download into the switch for a one time cost and store pokemon into on your Switch rather than needing a cloud thing for constant upkeep. that seems like a pretty basic and barebones desire to me, but I'm guessing thats a "too good to be true" dream though and that they're going to do it like pokebank which the threat of not remembering to upkeep it and my pokemon being deleted as a result will keep me away.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #573
    Titan in the Playground

They've been pretty open about people using Home for more than just storing pokemon. They haven't been at all clear what they mean by that but it seems there's going to be things to do with the pokemon you're storing.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    They've been pretty open about people using Home for more than just storing pokemon. They haven't been at all clear what they mean by that but it seems there's going to be things to do with the pokemon you're storing.
    I expect it won't be much of a game, though; probably you can take pictures of them, sort them, maybe look at some 3D model of them? Maybe you can, like, play with them in a Pokemon Amie-style way. I would be genuinely surprised if there was an actual game to Pokemon Home.

Also I'm pretty sure your Pokemon in Pokemon Bank are accessible if you forget to pay for a year, you just have to buy a pass to access them again after that; I assume Home will work in a similar manner.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Titan in the Playground

I expect it won't be much of a game, though; probably you can take pictures of them, sort them, maybe look at some 3D model of them? Maybe you can, like, play with them in a Pokemon Amie-style way. I would be genuinely surprised if there was an actual game to Pokemon Home.

Also I'm pretty sure your Pokemon in Pokemon Bank are accessible if you forget to pay for a year, you just have to buy a pass to access them again after that; I assume Home will work in a similar manner.
    To be more precise:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
    While downloading the Pokémon Bank application is free, usage of its services requires the purchase of a pass. A pass lasts for 365 days from purchase. If a previous pass has not expired when a new pass is purchased, the number of remaining days from the old pass is added to the new pass. Pokémon Bank will prompt the player to purchase a new pass when the current pass is within 14 days of expiring.

After a pass expires, Pokémon in Pokémon Bank may or may not be preserved, and eventually will be lost entirely if a new pass is not purchased in time. If the stored Pokémon have not been lost yet, it is possible to connect to Pokémon Bank and withdraw them without purchasing a new pass.

Player reports have varied considerably as to how long Pokémon have been preserved after a pass expires. There exist reports that Pokémon have been kept for multiple years, as well as reports that Pokémon have been deleted after a few days or less[6]. It is conjectured that sweeps are done at arbitrary times to all accounts with expired passes at the time of the sweep.
    link to the page
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w...%C3%A9mon_Bank

so. yes they do get deleted, but apparently if bulbapedia is to be believed (its the only wiki I could find the first page of asking this very question from google) how long until they get deleted isn't very consistent. personally the two times I've used it has been to transfer all my mons from the last gen to the next, I never considered pokebank a good permanent place, so they're going to have to be a little more secure with Home for me.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

If Home is going to be an acceptable substitute for the ability to store your Pokémon collection in the actual offline games, it cannot have a subscription cost at all. Anything else should be a non-starter.

Is this what this is about? GameFreak realized people were only ever using Pokémon Bank temporarily, to complete the transfer of their collection to a newer title, and decided to make sure that was no longer going to be possible so people would have to keep paying for Home to take their Pokémon hostage, year after year after year?
    This signature is boring. The stuff I write might not be. Warning: Ponies.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    If Home is going to be an acceptable substitute for the ability to store your Pokémon collection in the actual offline games, it cannot have a subscription cost at all. Anything else should be a non-starter.

Is this what this is about? GameFreak realized people were only ever using Pokémon Bank temporarily, to complete the transfer of their collection to a newer title, and decided to make sure that was no longer going to be possible so people would have to keep paying for Home to take their Pokémon hostage, year after year after year?
    Exactly. "no subscription" is my ground level, basic desire for Home. anything else is just icing on top of that. I mean, my second desire after no subscription is for some capability to battle with them, but I'm not sure what form that would take, and anything beyond that would basically just start becoming an actual full pokemon game. I honestly wouldn't even care if they all used pixel art in Home and I was battling with Gen 5 graphics, because I'm already playing pokemon fangames for the foreseeable future, so it wouldn't be a change to me.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Titan in the Playground

I don't object to Bank's subscription cost of about a fiver a year. Even I can afford that, it's like two pints (if you drink) or about... one comic, in this day and age, especially if you have to have it delievered.

If Home has a similar cost (especially if it included Bank as well, which would make sense is they want a pan-platform thing), I would not be adverse.

A subcription that was anything monthly? No, because in order to make it worth it at their end (collecting money actually is not without cost1), it'd have to be more than pennies and that means the cost would have the substantially higher.

Flip-side? If Home doesn't have a subscription cost (which incentives them to keep it running), it suggests that they then have the ability to scrap it whenever they like and force you to buy the next system/game/whatever; with Bank, at least, if they decide to shut it down, I can at least dump the contents back into my games. If the main games can't hold 'em all, though...

1Which is why Patreon really would have liked to have gotten rid of the one or two dollar level stuff, if they'd been allowed.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-07-17 at 05:24 AM.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Flip-side? If Home doesn't have a subscription cost (which incentives them to keep it running), it suggests that they then have the ability to scrap it whenever they like and force you to buy the next system/game/whatever; with Bank, at least, if they decide to shut it down, I can at least dump the contents back into my games. If the main games can't hold 'em all, though...
    Why would I want to give them incentive them to keep a stopgap solution running? I want all my pokemon in main games, not in Home, I'm just holding out for it so I can possibly put them in long enough until I can transfer them to an actual game without worrying about it. storing them until a game that can hold 'em all comes along is the goal. I wouldn't want them to keep it running, it perpetuates the situation that I don't like.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Why would I want to give them incentive them to keep a stopgap solution running? I want all my pokemon in main games, not in Home, I'm just holding out for it so I can possibly put them in long enough until I can transfer them to an actual game without worrying about it. storing them until a game that can hold 'em all comes along is the goal. I wouldn't want them to keep it running, it perpetuates the situation that I don't like.
    But from the sounds of it, they may not ever do that again. You may well NOT get that this generation at all, it seems. And the more time goes on, and the more the number of Pokémon increases, the lower the likelihood of that happening again becomes - especially if they insist on upping the amount of investment in assests required for each one - i.e. in terms of graphics and animation.

(I mean, it's like any other games. Even muggins can use Paint to make sprites for a unit in Civ 2, but I would not have the first clue about how to to that with Civ 4, 5 or 6, aside from having some conception of the sort of work it would entail.)

If there are a thousand Pokémon this gen, how many will there be in two or three more generations?

I mean, there IS going to be a point where it is going to be impractical to maintain hundreds or thousands of essentially characters (leaving aside the rest of the game assets), of which quite a few a junk or toy choices that most people will catch and then store and ignore. I'm not 100% convinced they have quite reached it quite yet1, especially after what OracleofWuffing said, but... Chain does have to break at some point, because it is too big a thing to be able to, for example, have remained in 2D sprites forever to make having thousands of characters practical.

(If Nintendo actually weren't so hot on chunks of the dex being only available at special events or time-limited or only at special places or all three, I would care a lot less about shipping stuff over, honestly. But as a comapny, it is very much in love with the idea of artifical scarcity, and while it is nowhere near as bad as a lot of the other c-AAA-ptialism companies, it's not exactly always the golden child, either.)

1If they had come out a straight said "look guys and girls, there are just too many Pokémon now for us to make the assests for in practicality," I'd have gone "fair enough, chaps and chappesses," but with all the other stuff floating around SwSh, I'm not as convinced that's its actually because it's impractical and more than it's because they want stuff out, even half- or -three-quarters arsed. We shall, as they say, see.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ogre in the Playground

As much as I do love getting to see brand new monsters, I would be fine with the numbers of new ones shrinking down to zero or near zero from game to game. I always felt like the Alola forms could be a nice solution for changing up the catalog without having to make super brand new monsters. You know so long as we don't end up with 100 million charizard variants! ) Probably not going to happen since gamefreak really likes to make gimmicks and then throw them away, often never to be seen again. I've seen other games do some pretty interesting reskins/tweaks on existing rigs that still feel unique in action so I know its doable.

Reflecting on the years of gamefreak opening up about bits and pieces of their development process I feel like in some ways eventually dropping monster addition can open up some interesting game avenues that are locked out by the more entrenched bits of mainline games. It might play a little more to their strengths or interests as game developers too. Though I also feel like they'd be served better by releasing just one main game for a system, and then doing expansions where they add areas/gimicks/refinements instead of spitting out brand new games/remakes every year.

But this is all just random musing on my part, I don't think they'd do these things nor that they would necessarily work out as well as I imagine!

I've found the introduction of Sw/Sh has me more looking to the future than focusing on Sw/Sh itself, like there are so many little potentials in it that make me start imagining. I haven't experienced that before. Though maybe its just a sign that I want them to push a little harder with the world building and such.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

"I got every single Pokemon from Generation 1-8. I'm so happy. Now I'm the Pokemon Master.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    If the cost is in fact in game balancing (as we'd originally heard) rather than in modeling and animating (as current statements seem to indicate), that leads to the possibility that future games will include a different subset, and you'd be able to transfer things from Home to those later games.
    I hope you'll pardon my hesitation to trust in Game Freak's sense of game balancing.

If they're gonna have everything available in the future, I'm in the camp of, "Then just gate it behind the Elite Four and call it a day." They want to hand-select and rebalance an environment with 800 pokemon, so they can hand-select and rebalance a different environment with 800 pokemon, that will let them hand-select and balance another different environment with 800 pokemon, all of which are going to be running and observed concurrently... Instead of handling a single environment with 1200 pokemon, and saying, "Okay, guys, let's just not anything stupid to the game, okay?" Yes, I know, the 1200 pokemon environment is more complicated than that, but not as complicated as planning out multiple 800 environments, running them simultaneously, and acting like they're all equally important.

That exacerbates the problem, though. Pokemon Amie/Refresh uses the same models as the battle models, so if Pokemon Home uses any 3D models comparable to the games, whelp, everything about how hard it is to recreate stuff from scratch on a Commodore 64 running on potato batteries goes right out the window.

Kind of wonder if Smogon's planning to throw the "unreleased" pokemon in whatever Showdown's gonna look like for Sword and Shield. Mega Rayquaza, Speed Boost Blaziken, Swagplay Klefki, Aegislash, Deoxys, and Primal Groudon, versus... Furret.

For all the good that transferring to 3D Models did them, they could have stayed in 2D and just transferred to a Scalable Vector Graphics engine, and then they'd only touch the models if they wanted to do it, but noooooooo, the universe hates svg files, salt salt salt...
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2019-07-17 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Missed a single word that was notably important.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

14. - Top - End - #584
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    I hope you'll pardon my hesitation to trust in Game Freak's sense of game balancing.

If they're gonna have everything available in the future, I'm in the camp of, "Then just gate it behind the Elite Four and call it a day." They want to hand-select and rebalance an environment with 800 pokemon, so they can hand-select and rebalance a different environment with 800 pokemon, that will let them hand-select and balance another different environment with 800 pokemon, all of which are going to be running and observed concurrently... Instead of handling a single environment with 1200 pokemon, and saying, "Okay, guys, let's just not anything stupid to the game, okay?" Yes, I know, the 1200 pokemon environment is more complicated than that, but not as complicated as planning out multiple 800 environments, running them simultaneously, and acting like they're all equally important.

That exacerbates the problem, though. Pokemon Amie/Refresh uses the same models as the battle models, so if Pokemon Home uses any 3D models comparable to the games, whelp, everything about how hard it is to recreate stuff from scratch on a Commodore 64 running on potato batteries goes right out the window.

Kind of wonder if Smogon's planning to throw the "unreleased" pokemon in whatever Showdown's gonna look like for Sword and Shield. Mega Rayquaza, Speed Boost Blaziken, Swagplay Klefki, Aegislash, Deoxys, and Primal Groudon, versus... Furret.

For all the good that transferring to 3D Models did them, they could have stayed in 2D and just transferred to a Scalable Vector Graphics engine, and then they'd only touch the models if they wanted to do it, but noooooooo, the universe hates svg files, salt salt salt...
    I don't think that Pokemon is ever balanced and if Pokemon was balanced that would be the first. Remember Generation 1 Pokemon: That game was completely broken and unbalanced. Also it was very easy to beat.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    I strongly suspect that the official OU metagame (and all lower tiers, who inherit their usable Pokemon from OU) will only consist of Pokemon that are legally obtainable in the actual game, but that they'll also have an unofficial ladder that includes the missing Pokemon. That's what has happened in all previous comparable situations.
    Optimization Showcase in the Playground

Former projects:
    Shadowcaster Handbook
    Archer Build Compendium

Iron Chef Awards!
    Spoiler
    Show

GOLD
    IC LXXVI: Talos
    IC LXXV: Alphonse Louise Constant
    IC XLIX: Babalon, Queen of Bones
    IC XLV: Dead Mists
    IC XL: Lycus Blackbeak
    IC XXXIX: AM-1468
    IC XXXV: Parsifal the Fool
    IC XXX: Jal Filius

16. - Top - End - #586
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Piggy Knowles View Post
    I strongly suspect that the official OU metagame (and all lower tiers, who inherit their usable Pokemon from OU) will only consist of Pokemon that are legally obtainable in the actual game, but that they'll also have an unofficial ladder that includes the missing Pokemon. That's what has happened in all previous comparable situations.
    Previous games still had movesets in them for unavailable mons, though, you just had to hack to see them. What, would they just copy over all the moves from the previous generation?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #587
    Troll in the Playground

It hardly matters any more, but nothing like a rotten day at work to get the mind thinking about being technically correct on the internet. From a certain standpoint, the high-quality animation comparison videos are using the wrong model for Hau. Yeah, the overworld models used mitten hands, but like many fightable characters in the 3DS games, he's got a higher-resolution model that's used for scenes like the transition to a trainer battle, which has articulated fingers. True, you can't upscale a model to create bones and groups were there weren't any- not without ungodly foresight- but if someone wanted to have an upscaled model with articulated fingers, they'd probably want to work off of the existing model with articulated fingers, instead of the one without.

Granted, the fact that Sword and Shield won't need to use lower-resolution models (or at least, if it does, they appear to be far less low-rezzed than previously) for the overworld is an indicator of advancement and graphical superiority, just that from my viewpoint they were already making the models, regardless.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

18. - Top - End - #588
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Previous games still had movesets in them for unavailable mons, though, you just had to hack to see them. What, would they just copy over all the moves from the previous generation?
    True, but the OM/UM community on Smogon is pretty huge, and I can't imagine it'll take long for a "full dex OU" to be created and turned into a playable ladder. Again, I very much do not expect to see anything like this become an official metagame, but I expect there will be enough demand that the community will create this for purposes of an unofficial ladder.
    Optimization Showcase in the Playground

Former projects:
    Shadowcaster Handbook
    Archer Build Compendium

Iron Chef Awards!
    Spoiler
    Show

GOLD
    IC LXXVI: Talos
    IC LXXV: Alphonse Louise Constant
    IC XLIX: Babalon, Queen of Bones
    IC XLV: Dead Mists
    IC XL: Lycus Blackbeak
    IC XXXIX: AM-1468
    IC XXXV: Parsifal the Fool
    IC XXX: Jal Filius

19. - Top - End - #589
    Titan in the Playground

In terms of Pokemon Home, I expect it to be about the same as Pokemon Bank in terms of everything. There might be actual gameplay, but I can't imagine that I'd use it for any of that purpose if I did get involved with it.

Also, you can totally keep all your Pokemon in physical, non-subscription games, as long as you keep them where they are and don't transfer them into Home to try to transfer them into the new games where they have explicitly told you you can't transfer them. Your old Pokemon will be perfectly safe in their old games, no matter what happens. Does raise the question of "can I put my Pokemon from Home back into Gen 7 games?" but who knows. I don't know how Let's Go works in relation to Pokemon Go, but from what I understand of Pokemon Home it's supposed to somehow translate every Pokemon from Go, Gen 7 and Gen 8 (both Let's Go and S&S) games into the same thing.

In terms of the "balance" argument, there are definitely a few Pokemon that I can imagine removing them completely would actually open up what you can do as a game designer in general. Smeargle, for example, ceasing to be a Pokemon you have to worry about might be a big gain. Removing the code for that Pokemon and all its unique features from the environment entirely might be a great thing for your overall design because you don't have to worry about an environment in which those Pokemon exist. Game Freak has already gotten burned by Smeargle once before, so it stands to reason they'd just kick that guy out forever. I can certainly imagine some others they might want to remove (why did we design Shadow Tag?) but that was the first one that came to mind for me.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Titan in the Playground

In terms of Pokemon Home, I expect it to be about the same as Pokemon Bank in terms of everything. There might be actual gameplay, but I can't imagine that I'd use it for any of that purpose if I did get involved with it.

Also, you can totally keep all your Pokemon in physical, non-subscription games, as long as you keep them where they are and don't transfer them into Home to try to transfer them into the new games where they have explicitly told you you can't transfer them. Your old Pokemon will be perfectly safe in their old games, no matter what happens. Does raise the question of "can I put my Pokemon from Home back into Gen 7 games?" but who knows. I don't know how Let's Go works in relation to Pokemon Go, but from what I understand of Pokemon Home it's supposed to somehow translate every Pokemon from Go, Gen 7 and Gen 8 (both Let's Go and S&S) games into the same thing.

In terms of the "balance" argument, there are definitely a few Pokemon that I can imagine removing them completely would actually open up what you can do as a game designer in general. Smeargle, for example, ceasing to be a Pokemon you have to worry about might be a big gain. Removing the code for that Pokemon and all its unique features from the environment entirely might be a great thing for your overall design because you don't have to worry about an environment in which those Pokemon exist. Game Freak has already gotten burned by Smeargle once before, so it stands to reason they'd just kick that guy out forever. I can certainly imagine some others they might want to remove (why did we design Shadow Tag?) but that was the first one that came to mind for me.
    How've they been burned by Smeargle before? It does interesting things to competitive balance, in that it's got bad stats and the best possible movepool, but the only bug about it in Bulbapedia was on its initial introduction in Gen 2 (when used by something that Transformed into something that knows Sketch). And Smeargle doesn't do anything weird apart from knowing Sketch.

Spinda, now, that's got some weird code (face spot patterns; the only mon with dynamically-generated art instead of picking from a restricted predefined list of sprites or textures). But that doesn't seem likely to produce bugs, since it's well-defined, self-contained, and has been implemented for 3D without apparent error since... Colosseum, I guess. So they should have plenty of reference implementations there.

Or the various evolutions from Gen 4 that have required every mainline game since then (except HGSS) to include a magnetic area, an Ice Rock, and a Moss Rock, regardless of whether it makes sense. So that's a minor but possibly annoying design constraint.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #591
    Titan in the Playground

Smeargle broke Dark Void for 1-2 generations before they had to specifically change it so it doesn't work for any Pokemon that isn't Darkrai. Basically every new Pokemon game brings something for Smeargle that requires some addressing. Sketch itself being removed by removing the only Pokemon that knows it potentially opens up options for them to design new moves and not have to worry about how they combine on the same moveset with literally every move that has ever existed.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Troll in the Playground

Weird. Looking at it, Sleep Clause isn't standard for Play! Rules, so I can see why having Dark Void "on tap" is something for them to be on edge about, but at the same time, they nerfed Dark Void when they fixed it to Darkrai/Pokemon-Transformed-Into-Darkrai. Spore on Smeargle is almost a better option at this point.

That said, I don't think that's Sketch's fault, because Metronome and Assist are around, with wider availability. Now, Chatot and Chatter, on the other hand... But I don't really think those affected the balance of the battle system, either...
    ---

23. - Top - End - #593
    Titan in the Playground

Both Metronome and Assist are random, so you can't reliably hit Dark Void with them and certainly only can if you already have a Darkrai. Dark Void Smeargle basically broke a season of VGC from what I understand, so they had to make the change to make Smeargle effectively unable to use it. Something like this is certainly something they could do for every Signature Move ever, but from a Pokemon move designing standpoint I imagine it makes it easier to not have to worry about "what if you use these two moves together?!?!" by just making sure you can't do that.

Dark Void I think was a slightly better attack competitively since Grass-type Pokemon aren't immune to it. Also man, I thought the Dark Void change was older but apparently it was only in Gen VII. They also nerfed it super-hard to only 50% accuracy, it used to be 80% accurate Doubles-destroying move which was a huge problem for the VGC when it was allowed.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Colossus in the Playground

Default [Pokemon] What Were Red's Pokemon?

As of Mt. Silver, when you face him.

I've looked through the Pokemon Wiki and tried googling around to no avail. I think he had a Snorlax, but what else?
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: [Pokemon] What Were Red's Pokemon?

In Gold/Silver?
    I think it should be Pikachu, Snorlax, the three Kanto-Starters and either Espeon or Umbreon.

Also, shouldn't this be in the Pokémon Thread?
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

26. - Top - End - #596
    Titan in the Playground

from this page:
    Pikachu, Lapras, Snorlax, Veunsaur, Blastoise and Charizard. in heartgold and soulsilver

in the original G/S Mt. Silver he has an Espeon instead of Lapras

27. - Top - End - #597
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    In Gold/Silver?
    I think it should be Pikachu, Snorlax, the three Kanto-Starters and either Espeon or Umbreon.

Also, shouldn't this be in the Pokémon Thread?
    We have a Pokemon thread? News to me.

Also, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    from this page:
    Pikachu, Lapras, Snorlax, Veunsaur, Blastoise and Charizard. in heartgold and soulsilver

in the original G/S Mt. Silver he has an Espeon instead of Lapras
    Thanks as well!

My goof was looking at Red (Character), not Red (Game).
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2019-07-23 at 09:23 PM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

28. - Top - End - #598
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Ok Pokemon Move And Ability Question:

If a Pokemon has a Levitate Ability and use the move Roost, does the Levitate Ability negated or it's still in effect?

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ogre in the Playground

They're completely separate abilities, Levitate will remain in effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

Considering that Lapras were in risk of extinction back in the first game, that's an interesting change of the status quo. Plus a reminder of the pokémon food chain.

And another reason for Galar to have strict border control, don't want to risk foreigners bringing in and releasing outside pokémon that could disturb their own ecosystem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."