The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Black Crusade 2E: The Argent Observatory (IC)

The Dark Angel was evidently a lot older then he looked. 'Splendid. I don't think we have the time to find a servitor capable of doing it for us. Are we trying to board them openly? If so what story are we going to tell them?'

2. - Top - End - #62

RangerGuy

Amon shrugs. "I doubt they are so stupid as to simply allow us to board. The gate guards might not care whether or not we're part of this new captain's crew, but I suspect his own command structure would know better. We certainly can try bluffing our way aboard, but I suspect at some point we're going to have to start killing our way to the bridge."

3. - Top - End - #63

MindFlayer

Zahariel nods.I suspect that you're right. They're not going to allow us to just walk in and kill the captain. However, talking our way into landing is a good idea. Most shuttles don't have the firepower or maneuverability to blast our way in, and it's been a few thousand years since I flew those sorts of missions. Once we're safely docked, the killing can begin. He chuckles softly.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

Goblin

Elisanth stroked the flayed chin on his faceplate pensively:

"The guard mentioned that the captain numbers some of my brothers among his personal guard. With that knowledge, I doubt that many of his underlings would stop one of the Emperor's Children attending him. If not, I can use some of my... natural charm."

5. - Top - End - #65

RangerGuy

"I believe the mortal meant that Lord Tiberius, being a follower of the Dark Prince, includes Emperor's Children in his personal guard. Not the ship captain."

6. - Top - End - #66

Heidric will list what he sees as their options, 'Nevertheless, mortal fear of Astartes may get us quite far anyway. At least as long as we can focus on getting to the Captain and not getting distracted. To ease our passage I would suggest we initially offer him something that he wants. Perhaps we have information on the Observatory that we wish to share or we simply seek passage out of this place in exchange for offering our services. Once we are in, if the Doom's Captain were to meet with a terrible accident so to speak, well that would be his problem.'

'But I admit, I suspect that the man would have to be very naive not to expect that we'd betray him at our earliest convenience. Perhaps an alternative would be to take one of the shipyard's vessels and get close enough to the upper hull that we could find a more covert way in. It would be a simple matter of claiming that we have a guidance system problem and are forced to veer closer to the Doom then they would probably prefer. Getting inside after that would be fairly simple and, if all goes well, we can hunt down the Captain at our leisure.'

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

Paline seemed to slink back at mention of murdering their way to the bridge, muttering "Won't be easy killing everyone. Could probably just convince the wretches to tell us the layout." She vaguely motioned to Elisanth and added a bit louder, mostly so that it was known that she was actually addressing others versus thinking out loud, "You can use that charm of yours on them." As an after thought she muttered "Or we kill their family and make them tell us."
    Back on my normal work schedule. Updates will happen when I can finangle them at work or on my nights off on Monday and Friday (unless I get caught up doing something else).

Your understanding is appreciated.

8. - Top - End - #68

RangerGuy

"Oh, we already know the layout." The Thousand Sons sorcerer scans the various other landers and tugs scattered around.

"The Captain was most helpful in providing a layout of his vessel." He then turns to the group.

"Alright. It seems like, one way or another, we will need to steal or hijack a lander or one of the tugs. The landers all seem to be guarded, so there'd be a bit of a fight. Not sure how many of us a tug can carry. And we only have one person who may be capable of piloting the craft up to the ship." He looks at each person in turn. "Ideas or suggestions? To me it seems our easiest chance is to steal a tug and bluff our way into docking with the ship on some 'official business for Lord Tiberius'. Then we take the bridge."

9. - Top - End - #69

Goblin

"Well... I can pilot aircraft, but it is so very boring. That does make two of us capable, if not willing."

Elisanth looked around at the various tugs.

"Now, which one of you looks fast?"
    Last edited by Morovir; 2019-04-10 at 03:12 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Heading back down towards the fuel depot and supply yard, the group puased near the area where all of the system ships were docked. There was no standard pattern, most of the ships being old and refurbished Imperial landers of varying types. There were Arvus lighters, Cibus heavy fuel haulers, stripped-down marauders, even what looked like a heavily refitted Aquila. Near the back, currently undergoing refuelling, Elisanth thought he saw a Shark assault boat. Undoubtedly the weapons and probably the breaching charges had been removed, but it was likely to be among the fastest vehicles there.
    I do LP's sometimes! I'm currently on hiatus for college purposes.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Ongoing

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

11. - Top - End - #71

'If we're going to steal anything, might as well steal the nicest ship, although perhaps the assault boat might send the wrong signal.' Heidric will look around for any sign that any of the vessels were unguarded. Out of curiosity, he'll also check to see if there was any sign of the owners of the assault boat.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

Paline looked around at the yard, specifically the piping and catwalks, muttering "Been too long since I've dealt with a depot..." She said to no one in particular "If you'd like then I can always try scouting ahead. Just tell me which pads to check."
    Back on my normal work schedule. Updates will happen when I can finangle them at work or on my nights off on Monday and Friday (unless I get caught up doing something else).

13. - Top - End - #73

Quote Originally Posted by Gunhaven View Post
    Paline looked around at the yard, specifically the piping and catwalks, muttering "Been too long since I've dealt with a depot..." She said to no one in particular "If you'd like then I can always try scouting ahead. Just tell me which pads to check."
    Heidric could respect initiative. 'Well then. Let us perhaps start with the Shark and move onto to anything that is large enough to hold us all. Ideally we can find something crewed by those who won't make too much noise if we take their ship, but if not, we can improvise.'

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

The assault boat had shipyard insignia on it, under a few layers of scrapes and burn marks. Circling around the back of the refuelling depot, they got a closer look at it through the fence. It was guarded, if you could call it that, by a single tech adept who was busy keeping an eye on the fuel pumps. There were probably some guards up in the tower, and in the various shipyard buildings scattered about - Amon saw something that looked very much like a prefab barracks off to one side - but they might get summoned no matter what ship they stole. It was likely, Heidric suspected, to simply be a matter of who they cared about angering least.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

15. - Top - End - #75

It was barely guarded at all, which seemed reason enough. 'Probably owned by the local lord. Are any of you at all worried about needing to come back here? Otherwise I would appreciate it if one of you followed me.' Heidric will stroll over to inspect the Shark at close range, but is mostly interested in getting the tech-adept's attention. 'I haven't seen one of these in a long time, may I ask where you found it?' He wants to make sure the adept's back is to his associates.

Spoiler
    Show

Common Lore (Ad Mech) to make ship related small talk
    vs. Int 42
    (1d100)[3]

Whispers of the Warp to get +10 to Deceive.
    vs. Wp 46 (+10 for psy-focus?)
    (1d100)[42]

Deceive vs. Fel 34 (+10 if Whispers works)
    (1d100)[41]

16. - Top - End - #76

Goblin

Elisanth followed behind Heidric, fighting the urge to draw his blade as he eyed the assault boat greedily behind his faceplate.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

The Adept looked up at Heidric's approach. "What are you doing over here? The landing pads are all over on the other side." The voice was cracked, and staticky, a sign of a bad voxcoder, but still identifiably female. Nothing else about the adept was, though. Her face was a mad agglomeration of bionics and lenses, the voxcoder grill hidden somewhere within the folds of tattered robes.

Heidric called on the warp, lending strength to his words. He saw some of her many eye-lenses flicker, and she nodded, turning more to face him. "Unless you've travelled much in Imperial space, you wouldn't see many of these. Lord Tiberius captured it from.. somewhere in the Expanse, I think. A battle, with a Rogue Trader. Much repair was necessitated, but we have returned it to working order."

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

While Heidric is busy talking to the tech-priest Paline pulls her cloak tightly around herself. When it's safe she slinks out of the waiting area and towards the ship itself, wanting to get a closer look at what they're commandeering and if there was anyone actually inside of it. If it looked and sounded like it was clear then she'd find a cubbyhole and use the bead to send to the group "Looks fine."

Spoiler: Stealth s'more
    Show
    Stealth: (1d100)[84] vs 72 (42 Agi, 20 Cloak, 10 Synskin).

Fate point to reroll and the Reroll wasn't any better.
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2019-04-16 at 12:34 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Paline crept around the back, keeping out of the techpriest's line of sight. Heidric's distraction was working, there wasn't any interference from that direction. As she approached the shark, however, it became clear that there was someone inside.

"Hey boss, who's that you're talking to?" They said, striding down the entrance ramp and nearly running into Paline. Another dark mechanicum adept, this one in junior robes with fewer visible augmentations. They stopped, staring at Paline, eyes bugging out. "Hey!"

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

20. - Top - End - #80

RangerGuy

Meanwhile, Amon strides up to where the others are talking. He's not quite sure what the plan is, though, so he just observes for now, ready to blast holes in people if necessary.

21. - Top - End - #81

Heidric will try to compose his face to give the impression that he doesn't know what's going on. Assuming the adept turns to see what's going on he will nudge Elisanth, point at the adept's back and make a throat slitting gesture. At the earliest opportunity, he'll use his free hand to ease his plasma pistol from it's holster under his flak cloak. No point in making a mess unless you absolutely had to.

22. - Top - End - #82

MindFlayer

Enough words. Now we act. Zahariel rushes towards the lead adept, drawing his blade as he runs. Black energy crackles over it as the power field comes to life. He plunges the blade into her back.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Attack (1d100)[37] vs 102 (47+30 surprised+20 charging+5 craftsmanship)
    Damage (1d10+16)[17], pen 8
    Last edited by PotatoGolem; 2019-04-16 at 08:33 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83

RangerGuy

On seeing the gesture from Hedric and the attack by Zahariel, Amon quickly draws his force sword, as the bolter would certainly make more noise than one might want in this situation and steps forward, ready to finish the adept if needed.

24. - Top - End - #84

Goblin

Finally. Elisanth lunged at the adept exiting the shuttle, his sword sliding out of its sheath as he did so.

Spoiler: Rolls:
    Show

Attack: (1d100)[95] TN 101 (WS 51 + 30 surprised + 20 charging)

Damage: (1d10+16)[21], Pen 8

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

With a gasp Paline took a step back before she swung into where the manís gut should be. She then attempted her best to roll away down the ramp and moved further away, drawing her flamer at the same time and giving the man another burst of flame for good measure. She was a firebug after all.

Spoiler: Involved Mess!
    Show
    So Swift Attack? Assassin Strike? Move and Shoot? So much stuff!

Initiative: (1d10+4)[13]

Half Action: Swift Attack FLAMING FIST ATTACK! (1d100)[37] vs 72, max of 4 extra attacks.
    D1: (1d10+8)[15]
    D2: (1d10+8)[15]
    D3: (1d10+8)[15]
    D4: (1d10+8)[11]

If Successful Then:
    Free Action: Assassin Strike Acrobatics: (1d100)[75] vs 42.

If Successful Then:
    Half Action: Move 4m, now 8m away and hopefully in not a cone thatíll hit allies.

Free Action: Quick Draw to get out Hand Flamer.
    Free Action: Move and Shoot HAND FLAMER ACTION!
    Damage: (1d10+4)[7]

26. - Top - End - #86

Well that approach was certainly effective. With a brief look to check that the adept was dead, Heidric will walk over to enter the Shark before someone started paying attention to them.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Zahariel charged in, ramming his sword through the tech-adept's back. She emitted a burst of crackling binary and stumbled forwards as the massive Dark Angel tugged his sword free, but did not fall. Seeing this, Amon stepped forwards, sweeping his force sword down. The adept's leg came away at the hip, the metal sliced cleanly through by the psychoactive sword, and she pitched to the side, the stump venting a fountain of bubbling oil shot through with stringy pus. Heidric knew she was dead without much more than a cursory inspection, and hurried towards the lander, where Paline and Elisanth had rapidly dispatched the other worker. His body had burst into flames, set alight by the crackling energy of Elisanth's sword and Paline's gauntlets, and was slumped to the side of the ramp.

The interior of the Shark was dark and cramped, the systems shut down for refuelling. The fuel hose was still attached, running across the depot to one of the large tanks. Zahariel squeezed his huge fram into a cockpit that was not designed to hold it, and started running preflight checks. Somewhere in the distance, a siren blared to life; their skirmish had been spotted, and they likely had only moments before reinforcements arrived.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

28. - Top - End - #88

RangerGuy

Amon takes up a defensive position at the entrance ramp of the lander, bolter in one hand and force sword in the other, ready to take on whatever reinforcements that might be sent their way.

"Quickly. What do we need to do to get in flight? Is there enough fuel, and how long do we need to hold them off before it's ready?"

29. - Top - End - #89

'What a mess.' Heidric will look into speeding up getting the Shark operational.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Tech-Use
    vs. Int 42 (I think it's +10 for Combi-tool?)
    (1d100)[47]

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

Paline looked over at the fuel tanks and licked her lips, saying to no one in particular "Well seems like it's about time we get going, yeah?" She called into the ship "Give the word when we got enough fuel. I'll give them a parting gift." With that she moved to the fuel hose and got ready to remove it.