The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Black Crusade 2E: The Argent Observatory (IC)

Earlier

Once again, Heidric and Paline took very different approaches. Paline found some old vents that seemed to lead into the Sharks' hideout, and took some time working her way in. She ended up in an air filtration chamber high above the fuel depot, with a perfect vantage point to look down on everything that was going on below. Exploring the vents, she found some that came out on top of the big storage tanks. These had been fitted with tripwires, on the outside, meaning any attempt to open the vents would set off an alarm. Skulking around inside, though, was perfectly safe. Or at least, as safe as it could be.

There looked to be around twenty Chem Sharks in the depot at any given time, though a proper estimate of their numbers was harder. They came and went frequently, often returning with crates or sacks filled with goods and shell chips. Part of the depot had been converted into a lab, with heavy doors and a makeshift decontamination chamber on the entrance. Barrels of sludge and fungus scrapings went in, chems and booze came out. From her post above the depot, she saw the reaction from those inside when Heidric rolled up. Some of them went to secure the lab, but most went for guns, and headed to the main door, standing around just inside to wait for orders. They must all have been wearing microbeads scavenged from somewhere.

The guy at the door was a big imposing chunk of muscle and not too many brains. He glared down at Heidric from within a suit of flak armour that had obviously been expanded to fit his prodigious frame. "You wanna talk to Boss White? What about?"

Later

Drake held on to his console for support, tapping a few commands to try and raise the Navigator. What he got was screaming, and he quickly shut off the link and bellowed at Engineering for a damage report. The ship was still shaking, though not as badly.

++Gellar field fluctuations++ the Mechanicum adept at the engineering station said, his voice monotone. ++Field buckled inwards by seven degrees over safe threshold. Emergency dewarp procedure triggered by commanding adept. Cause of fluctuations unknown. Hull breaches detected on decks five and six. No contact from portside munitions arrays++
    I do LP's sometimes! I'm currently on hiatus for college purposes.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Ongoing

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

Having been somewhere reading a tome or twelve prior to the sudden dewarp, Amon Ram makes his way up to the command bridge seeing if there is anything he can sense on the vessel that shouldn't be.

Walking in as the report is made, the Thousand Sons sorcerer comments, "I suppose we should investigate these hull breaches and the munitions array. Perhaps sabotage, or the Captains did not maintain this vessel as well as they should have."

Spoiler: Psyniscience Check
    Show
    (1d100)[30] vs TN 37 (assuming no modifiers)

3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground

Goblin

Elisanth licked his lips as he listened to the screams. Navigators screaming was always something interesting. In any case, a crisis was always a good time to prove his command.

"Amon, see to the Navigator. Heidric, take Paline and any of those underdeck scum you seem so fond of that you can dredge up and secure the portside munitions arrays. Zahariel, you investigate the hull breach on deck five, I'll take deck six. First Officer, you have the bridge."

He smiled widely and drew his sword with a flourish.

"We have work to do. Children of the Emperor! Death to His foes!"

4. - Top - End - #214

Earlier

Heidric stares up at the guard without fear, 'I have a business proposal. The people I work for appreciate me making friends with the kind of people who might be willing to do the odd job when called upon. They can pay well of course. If that's not enough by itself, I can of course put in a good word with the three 7 foot tall killing machines that I suddenly find myself working with.'

Now

'Gellar field fluctuations? What are the chances that the warp has left us a present. I suppose we can't let it damage our ship.' He'll watch Amon for his reaction as a Sorcerer might know. 'Sabotaging a gellar field while we're in transit seems rather suicidal, unless the idea was to sabotage it just enough to get us out of the warp. Worth a chat in any case.' To Drake, 'Just in case I'm not being overly paranoid. Keep an eye on the auspex.'

He'll follow Elisanth's wishes up to a point and go looking for damage in the portside munitions array. Securing anything would have to wait to see what the problem was.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Earlier

A look of some confusion crossed the huge guard's face as he tried to parse the meaning of what Heidric had said. "The As.. ast.. space marines," he finally said, nodding. "Heard about them. Yeah, if you're with them, maybe the boss has time to talk business with you. I ask him, yeah?" He shuffled backwards, up to the gate, and then banged hard on it three times. Throughout this process, he kept an eye fixed on Heidric, like he expected him to pull a weapon. "Hey. Open up. This one's here about the special orders."

Heidric found the doors opened and himself ushered inside, past a very large number of armed goons, before he could think too much on what, exactly, the 'special orders' might entail. The meat slab was replaced at the door, and placed a massive hand on Heidric's shoulder, guiding him away from the lab in the corner towards what had once been the tiny administrative office for the fuel depot. This had been turned into a small waiting area, the rear wall removed with a lascutter and fitted with a bulkhead door that opened into the compartment behind it. The original purpose of that space wasn't clear, but it now served as an office, or perhaps throne room, for the leader of the Chem Sharks.

Boss White was much smaller than the men he kept to guard his doors. He wore a grey suit over a white shirt, no tie. The suit wasn't cloth - some sort of supple leather, maybe. White was utterly nondescript, the sort of man who could blend into any crowd on any world. Grey hair, indeterminate age... change his clothes, Heidric suspected, and he'd look exactly like whatever he was dressed as. Presently he was sitting in a large wooden chair that had likely been stolen, leaning on one of the armrests and regarding Heidric with a rather predatory smile.

"Allo," he said. "You're one of them as been shaking things about up top?"

Now

"Aye, sir." Drake stepped up, barking orders at engineering. They finally got the klaxons silenced, and powered the augurs up to full. The ship would not be blind while the crew worked on repairs. The damage reports would take some investigating first, though. The way to the breaches and the gun decks was the same, at least for the first while, affording the group one last chance to trade information before they split up to go see to their separate tasks.

Spoiler: Amon Only
    Show
    There were flickers of something huge in the warp, the distinct impression of something vast sliding past the ship. It didn't seem angry, more indifferent. It was large, and they were much too small for it to pay much notice. The smaller predators, though, the things that flitted around it like remora around a great sea beast, those were hungry. He caught flashes of colour, red dripping from fangs and talons. Some of the flickers were too sharp, their edges raw, bleeding the stuff of madness back into the void. There were daemons on the ship.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

6. - Top - End - #216

RangerGuy

Amon turns to Elisanth at his instruction and comments, "There is little I can do for a Navigator likely driven mad by the Warp. However, I can be of use against the daemons that have boarded our vessel. We are lucky not to have attracted the notice of the larger being that passed by, at least, or we'd all be dead already."

The sorcerer draws his force sword and heads out of the command bridge seeking out any of the daemons he sensed entering the ship.

7. - Top - End - #217

Goblin

"Very well. Accompany whichever group which ends up closest to your quarry. Another Legion blade never goes amiss."

He subconsciously activates his armour's chem-pumps, biting back a roar of frustration as he remembers that they have long since run dry.

8. - Top - End - #218

MindFlayer

Of course, Brother. I shall ensure we have no unwelcome visitors.

Zahariel turns back to the mortals. Sword Marshal, your forces are required. I shall take the vanguard. Provide fire support.

He takes off towards the hull breach, drawing Kinslayer as he went. The ancient power sword crackled to life, hungry for new blood. Soon, old friend. Soon.

9. - Top - End - #219

Earlier

Outside Heidric is armed but will do his best to act innocent. Inside he will return Boss White's smile with a grin of his own. He'd met far scarier people. 'I am, but I'm merely passing through. In brief, while I'm here I was hoping to establish a working relationship with someone on the lower decks who is less of a stranger to the ship. Let me know if there's anyone unhappy with us down here and we'll make a point of leaving you alone.' He'll lean back in his chair. 'In fact, if there is anyone you are personally unhappy with on the ship, I could probably sic the Space Marines on them for you. Captain Elisanth in particular seems to get bored easily and might appreciate the exercise.'

'Long term. If a man named Kobras ever comes to you and asks you to transport something or someone I would say it would be worth considering. You would be well paid for your trouble.' Whether White believed him or not was irrelevant. Heidric's people would find the Chem Sharks if they ever had a use for them.

Now

'An insane Navigator can still navigate... presumably.' Best deal with that problem later. 'If anyone meets the kind of Daemon that is willing to chat do let me know.'

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Forbidden Lore (Daemonology) to know anything about binding Daemons with little to no preparation
    vs. Int 42
    (1d100)[7]

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

Paline took a moment to enjoy herself within the vents. Sure, it was a bit cramped, but she could easily reach all the important spots using the vital lifeline. Maybe once Heidric was done speaking shed figure out where to go to reignite the fuel depot if such a bout of arson was ever needed. She settled in over the impromptu lab and listened in on the workers, perking slightly when she heard Heidric below and then him being let in.

She looked around to see if a vent led in the same direction he was going but didnt follow, at least not yet. Instead she stuck to the lab and listened in on those below, see what they thought of her comrade. If things got hairy with the boss then she could probably also release the holy flames of the corpse emperor and cause some damage to the lab.
    Back on my normal work schedule. Updates will happen when I can finangle them at work or on my nights off on Monday and Friday (unless I get caught up doing something else).

Your understanding is appreciated.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Earlier - Heidric

"Alright, alright. So let me get this straight. You've come down here to offer to have the Astartes kill my rivals for me, out of the goodness of your heart, and all you want is for me to keep an eye out for you. Plus, move some goods for this 'Kobras' fellow, at an indeterminite future point, maybe." Boss White shifted in his chair. "Look, I'm a straightforward kind of man. There's no catch? Nothing else? What do you really want?"

Earlier - Paline

Creeping over to the lab through the vents was easy enough. The real challenge was finding one that worked as a good listening post for what was going on down there. The workers talked softly, when they talked at all, and most of it seemed to be about their work. They were making drugs - obviously - but Paline couldn't tell what kind. Nor did they seem inclined to offer much up on Heidric, beyond that it was unusual for someone to just walk up and see the boss like that. Heidric was certainly a curiosity. Any further judgement seemed to have been reserved.

Now

The boots of the astartes rang on the decks as they ran towards the breaches in the hull. Alarms blared, spinning red lights throwing bizarre shadows on the walls as they raced past, but they were distractions, safely disregarded in the face of an enemy they could fight. As they approached the largest group of daemons, Amon tracking the creature's progress through the ship, they started to hear other things as well. Screaming, wailing... blood dripped from the walls, leaking from holes in pipes and puddling on the decks. This part of the ship had been well maintained, likely due to the ordnance stored here. The guns on these two decks made up a significant portion of the Doom's firepower.

The larger concentration seemed to be on deck six. Zahariel split off, picking up the Sword Marshal and two squads of the ship's armsmen as he thundered down the corridor towards the gun pits on deck five. It would take him, and his group, a short time to make up the extra distance.

Amon and Elisanth, meanwhile, ran past twisted corpses and shredded bulkheads, bursting into a scene of carnage. The gun pits were awash with blood, the whole deck opened to void. Metal spars and chunks of debris drifted, torn free of the ship through a gaping rent in the hull. A flock of winged daemons owned the floor of the pits, snappiung at each other and tearing hunks of meat from the corpses of crew. Amon recognised them as furies - unaligned lesser daemons, only really a threat when they gathered in numbers such as these.

Spoiler: Heidric Only
    Show
    Binding daemons was tricky business, at the best of times. Without preparation, it would be significantly harder. Careful preparation, drawing ritual circles, burning incense... a great deal usually went into calling up and binding a daemon. At the very least, he would need to know what type of daemon it was, and to which power it owed allegiance. Armed with that knowledge, he'd know what sort of material would help him compel it. It would still be risky business, especially if he got anything wrong.

Spoiler
    Show
    Once you know what type of daemon it is, you make a FL (Daemonology) test. You get +10 for following the 'rule of sympathy,' if you can, and +10 if you provide a suitable sacrifice, but the base difficulty is -30 due to lack of proper preparation. You can also choose to create a daemonhost - in this case, reduce the base difficulty to -10 if you take some time to place bindings and things on the sacrifice, but you'll also need to beat the daemon at an opposed WP test in order to force it into the host body.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

12. - Top - End - #222

RangerGuy

As they make their way down the corridors and deeper into the affected sections of the vessel, Amon frowns under his helmet.

"This section has been heavily affected by the Warp, and may never be truly restored to working order. Let us simply hope the true gods treat us kindly with the portion of our ship that they have claimed as their own."

As Amon and Elisanth burst into the gunnery section, likely by also inadvertently exposing the adjacent section to the void as well, he opens his comms to relay a message to Zahariel, and anyone else who happens to be on their shared encrypted channel.

"This pit is open to the void. Be careful before entering your deck's gun pit so that you do not kill all your armsmen."

He then conveys via voice.

"Furies, Elisanth. Minor threats...except when in numbers like this. We must be careful not to become overwhelmed."

He gathers his focus to enhance his ammunition with the power of Tzeentch and then takes aim at the largest cluster of furies that he can see.

Spoiler: Psychic Power Test
    Show
    Incendiary of Tzeentch
    Action: Half Action
    Focus Power: Challenging (+0) WP Test | (1d100)[3] vs TN 65 (55 WP + Psy Focus)
    If successful, one round of ammunition gains Warp Weapon and Blast (2) Qualities. If 5 or more successes, weapon also gains Tainted.

13. - Top - End - #223

Then

'Then let me be equally straightforward. Other then for it's capacity to get me to where I'm going, I don't care about this ship at all. However it would be tiresome to watch the Astartes slaughter half of the crew just to make a point should anyone decide that they wanted to take them on for control of the ship. I would prefer to focus on my business on Janus II rather then worry about attempts to stab us in the back on the way there. In my experience there are always people who overestimate their abilities, so I believe that it is better to get out in front of them.' He'll lean back in his chair, 'As for Kobras, whether you believe me or not is irrelevant, but if anyone does show up I suggest you at least try to be polite.'

Spoiler
    Show

If I should roll something. Not actually trying to be intimidating on his own behalf.

Whispers of the Warp
    Win opposed WP test to get +10 to Charm
    vs. WP 46 (Challenging +0)
    (1d100)[34]

Charm vs. Fel 39 (+10 for last Fate) (+10 if Whispers)
    (1d100)[91]

Never roll social tests

Now

On the way through the ship Heidric will look for signs of warp corruption or fleeing crew. He's more interested in seeing what the problem is rather then actually defeating it. Fighting Daemons was ideally for other people.

Spoiler
    Show

Awareness to hear sounds of fighting
    vs. Per 32
    (1d100)[65]

14. - Top - End - #224

MindFlayer

My thanks for the update, Brother Amon. We shall investigate the pit on our level and keep you appraised.

Zahariel looks back to the armsmen. Sword Marshal, the gun pit may be open to the void. Ensure you and your men are properly outfitted with void suits. Zahariel will wait briefly for the men to attire themselves properly, then lead the charge once more.

15. - Top - End - #225

Goblin

"We shall not, my delightfully cautious friend. We are Astartes! We shall tear them apart!"

Apparently oblivious to the fact that he had contradicted himself not one sentence after professing caution, Elisanth draws his blade and charges headlong at the nearest daemon.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Full Action: Charge (1d100)[92] TN 71/101? (WS 51 + 20 Charge + 30 Surprised (unsure of last modifier, edit as appropriate)
    Damage: (1d10+16)[25] Pen 6

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

Wrapping up Then
    Paline didn't have anywhere to be and here seemed as good of a place as any. She shifted around a little bit and made herself comfortable, scooching around every few hours while awake to listen in on the various sections of the base. That's where she stayed until things went south, one way or another.

Now
    When the alarms went off and the warp was made manifest she finally stirred. She confirmed what the Chem Sharks were doing before she opted to finally leave the cramp vents. She left the same way she entered and used the jog as an excuse to stretch out sore joints and get used to the greater freedom offered. She hummed hymns as she moved towards the greater disturbances, vaguely planning on how best to con the crew into trusting her more.
    Back on my normal work schedule. Updates will happen when I can finangle them at work or on my nights off on Monday and Friday (unless I get caught up doing something else).

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Earlier

"Then here's what I'll do," White said. "I'm going to go about my business as usual. You don't seem to care to stop it, and I'll thank you not to try. None of my boys will get in the way of your Astartes friends, and if I hear any rumours about trying to take the ship from you, then maybe I pass them along. Leaves the question, though. You don't care about this ship once you get where you're going. So what happens to it after that?"

Amon and Elisanth

Amon worked his sorcery, the warp responding to his call. The number of daemons facing them was a distraction, and he pushed through it. Certainly, it required some extra focus, and he would need to be aware of their effects on the warp as they drew nearer. As of yet, they had not been noticed.

Beside the Sorcerer, Elisanth looked as though he were about to charge. Yet, the Emperor's Children legionairre did not move. His sword was held loosely in his hand, his armour unaturally still. It was distinctly possible that the daemons were having some sort of adverse effect upon his brother marine. Down in the pits there was much snapping of daemonic jaws, lifting of heads. The Furies appeared to have caught their scent at last.

Zahariel

Unknown to Zahariel for certain, the scene he faced on bursting through the doors to the gun pits was much the same as that faced by Amon and Elisanth, up above. Some great impact had peeled away parts of the hull, exposing the gun pits, which were now filled with furies. His armsmen, at the sight of the monsters, went pale. As one they turned and fled back down the corridor from whence they had come, leaving Zahariel alone with the Sword-Marshal to face the hordes.

"I'll have some words with them once this is over," Farrel promised. "How do you want to play this, Lord Zahariel?"

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

18. - Top - End - #228

MindFlayer

Zahariel barely spares a moment for the fleeing troops. Useless cowards. They shame themselves and the vessel.

He looks down at the marshal. We engage from range, Sword-Marshal. These pests have no means of attacking from a distance. Stay back and provide fire support. They will no doubt focus on me, so keep your distance.

He strides forward, looses his bolter, and takes aim at the seething mass of furies. As he pulls the trigger, the ancient wargear barks three times, sending explosive death at his foes.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Half action aim, then semi-auto burst. (1d100)[65] vs 99 (39 +30 Unaware +20 Horde Size +10 aim +0 semi-auto)

Up to three hits: (1d10+9)[13] (1d10+9)[13] (1d10+9)[19], each at pen 4. Since it's Explosive, each takes off two magnitude.

19. - Top - End - #229

RangerGuy

Amon aims for another moment and then opens fire into the horde of furies, attempting to thin them out as best he can.

"Brother Elisanth, wise choice not to charge headlong and alone. We will thin them before they get close."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Half: Aim (continuing from last round)
    (1d100)[15] vs TN 75 | BS 45 + Short Range (+10) + Semi-Auto Burst (+0) + Aim (+20)

Damage:
    If miss: Scatter direction (1d10)[10] | (1d5)[3] meters
    If hit: ((1d10)[3] or (1d10)[10]) + 9 Explosive (Blast 2, Warp Weapon)
    If < 55: ((1d10)[2] or (1d10)[6]) + 9 Explosive
    If < 35: ((1d10)[3] or (1d10)[3]) + 9 Explosive

SUMMARY OF RESULTS:
    Round 1: 19 Explosive Damage, Pen 4, Blast 2, Warp Weapon
    The power of the explosion rends flesh and bone with horrific results. The target must make a Challenging (+0) Toughness test or suffer from Blood Loss and be Stunned for 1 round.
    Round 2: 15 Explosive Damage, Pen 4
    Round 3: 12 Explosive Damage, Pen 4
    Last edited by Janwin; 2019-08-19 at 04:06 PM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Amon & Elisanth

The furies boiled up out of the pit in a shrieking horde, their bestial cries lost to the void. Amon knew what they would sound like, were there atmosphere to carry the sound. It was decidedly unnerving to hear nothing. His bolter spoke. Blue and purple fire blossomed amongst the flock of winged daemons, multiple smoking corpses punched from the air to crash to the deck or go tumbling back into space. Elisanth was still unresponsive, though, and now the daemons were upon them. Amon felt claws rake across his armour, a thousand grasping talons punching through weakened seals and tearing through ceramite. Blood welled from the wound as beside him Elisanth was borne to the ground by several of the Furies.

Zahariel

"Of course, Lord." Farrel pulled the pin from a grenade and lobbed it into the pit, backing up several steps as she did so. It exploded amongst the daemons, immolating several. The rest rose into the air, boiling up over the lip of the pit in an enraged mass. Zahariel fired calmly, killing several more before they could reach him, but the daemons were quick. A little more than half of them remained, his and Farrel's initial volley having slain many, but their numbers began to tell: Zahariel felt cold pain as claws found his flesh, and had to fight to remain upright against the tide of warp-spawn. Behind him, he could feel booted feet ringing against the decking. The armsmen were returning, having mastered their cowardice.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

21. - Top - End - #231

MindFlayer

Zahariel grits his teeth, blocking out the pain. He lowers the bolter. Now, old comrade. He lunges forward, driving Kinslayer through the closest Daemon then follows through, carving his way deeper into the horde with his blade. He throws himself completely into each attack, leaving no though to defense; the mass of swirling foes made parrying a fool's errand anyway. FOR MANKIND AND THE LEGION! He roars his defiance of the foul beasts.

22. - Top - End - #232

Earlier

After? I assume one of the bridge officers will end up in charge if they're still alive. Do you have any interest in running things?'

Now

The breech Heidric had been sent to investigate was thankfully sealed off. It wouldn't have been any fun for those in that part of the ship, but at least they had the good sense to die quickly. 'Occupational hazard of warp travel.' He has headed towards the last known locations of the others and will cheerfully ask for a status update on the way.'Have you cleaned up the mess yet or does anyone actually need help?' He'll try and pick up a voidsuit on the way just in case.

Show
    Probably going towards Elisanth if he's non-responsive. I'll roll for combat next round

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

Paline paused for a second as she took stock of the chaos unfolding on the ship, muttering "Might as well see what's happened, see if I can't get a trophy to impress the lads..." She gripped her gauntlet and followed after the sound of marching footsteps, hoping more bodies meant less chance she'd get hit by a wayward strike.

24. - Top - End - #234

RangerGuy

Amon raises his force sword and swings it at the furies, trying to fight them off of the downed battle brother beside him against his better judgement.

"Fight them, brother Elisanth!"

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Standard Attack with Force Sword: (1d100)[14] vs TN 45 (WS 35 + 10 (Standard Attack))
    If Force won't add additional damage to Horde Magnitude like Power does, All Out Attack instead to try for extra hits (TN 65).

If using Force, and hit: (1d100)[46] Focus Power Action vs TN 65 (WP 55 + 10 Psy Focus) vs Opponent's WP

Damage: (1d10+12)[13] E, Pen 4
    Force Damage, if force test won, in order: (1d10)[6], (1d10)[8], (1d10)[9], (1d10)[3], (1d10)[1], (1d10)[10]

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Earlier

"Me? No, no. I like it down here, where I can be top of the heap. Captain's got so many more problems. Not something I'd angle for. Let Drake or somebody else have it"

Amon and Elisanth

The sorcerer hacked his way through the Furies, forcing his way towards Elisanth. His blade glowed as he pushed his will through it, the psychically enhanced edge cutting through the daemons. They fell back before him, hissing and spitting in their haste to get away from the blade. He could hear them in his mind, feel their will pushing back against his, dulling the sword's edge. For now it was enough, though, and he sliced a last Fury in half, the rest rising up in a shrieking cloud and flying away from him. They began to circle around, wings beating air that didn't exist, building momentum for another charge.

At the sorcerer's feet, Elisanth stirred.

Zahariel

The Armsmen charged into the room, with Paline close behind them. They raised their shotguns, pouring fire into the swarm of Furies. Daemons fell, torn to shreds by the volley of shells. Kinslayer sang as it slew, Zahariel's ancient sword more than a match for the warpspawn. As he watched, several of the daemons winked out, pulled screaming back into the warp from whence they came. There were only a handful left, now, and their scrabbling was doing little more than scratch the paint on Zahariel's armour. The battle was all but won, even if the daemons didn't realise it yet.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

Paline rounded the corner and gasped at the sight of the Furies, few as them that remained. She quickly moved back around the corner and took a deep breath in, getting close and comfortable against the steel. She pulled the cloak tight against her body and waited a few seconds to see what would happen with the battle.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Stealth: (1d100)[61] vs 62 (42 Agility, -10 from Shook, +20 from Cloak, +10 Synskin)

Im probably going to fail to shake free but heck, gonna try it for next turn: (1d100)[56] vs 12.

27. - Top - End - #237

Heidric isn't particularly worried by the Furies. He will calmly walk around Paline and start taking pot shots at them with his plasma pistol. To Paline, 'Not to worry. They can be surprisingly fragile.'

Show

Half Action - Aim
    Half Action - Semi-Auto

vs. BS 35 (+10 Aim) (+? Horde size)
    (1d100)[29]

Any damage (1d10+7, Pen 8)
    1st hit
    (1d10+7)[17]
    2nd hit
    (1d10+7)[15]

28. - Top - End - #238

Goblin

The sight of the furies had struck him like a cold dagger in the hearts. He could not fathom why, but was it... fear? Stumbling to a halt, he could but watch as they tore at him and Amon, only withdrawing when Amon, acting alone had slain a sufficient number of them. He had never felt this sensation before. He would treasure it.

Firing off an impotent bolt pistol shot at the furies, more as a show than anything else, he turns to Amon to explain.

"Bad... combat drugs. Never trust a back-alley drukhari to sell you the good stuff."

He let out a weak chuckle, trying not to show how much the experience had both rattled and elated him.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Aim+Semi-Auto Burst: (1d100)[67] TN 39 (BS 29 + 10 Aim)
    Damage: (1d10+5)[13] (1d10+5)[13] Pen 4

29. - Top - End - #239

MindFlayer

Zahariel continues his advance through the scrabbling horde. Come forward and die, warpspawn! Kinslayer hungers. Sword Marshal, continue the good work. Their pitiful efforts are as naught before the First Legion.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    All-out attack (1d100)[67] vs 82.

Damage (1d10+18)[27]

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

Zahariel:

Zahariel cut down another handful of furies with a wide sweep from his sword. Footsteps rang on the decking as Sword Marshal Farrel charged in to join him, lunging at one of the furies with her axe. It dodged away at the last second, mouth open in a soundless screech, and the axe struck the deck hard. There were barely any furies remaining now, the armsmen finally firing with discipline, punching several more out of the air. The last handful dissolved, their physical forms pulled back into the warp. The deck once again belonged to humanity alone.

Others:

Paline stayed hidden behind the door, while Heidric marched into the open, picking off a pair of furies with well-aimed shots from his pistol. Elisanth's bolt shell burst among the horde - there were still so many, it was almost impossible to miss, and furies died shrieking in his mind. Amon backed off, the Thousand Son seeing that the daemons would soon come about for another charge, and perhaps fearing the severity of his wounds. He still had his pistol, though, and another bolt sent another cluster of daemons back to the warp.

Then the fell from the sky, streaking in towards Elisanth, scrabbling at his armour, biting and clawing and searching for any openings they could find. He felt ceramite part, felt the cold sting of pain across his chest as the daemons struck home, but he was not defeated yet.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games: