New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Glee! High school worth watching!

Okay, now before you start hatin', watch the show. Oh my Grosh, it's awesome.
    It's got witty and well-written dialogue, tons of story to fill the hour, and song-and-dance numbers. Plus, even the "unattractive" girls are super hot. C'mon!

I just want to take this opportunity to say that, no matter who you are, or who you will be, you will always have a friend who loves Glee.
    Check out a bunch of stuff I wrote for my campaign world of Oz.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am the Burley, formerly known as Burley Warlock. I got my name changed. Please remember me...

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Glee! High school worth watching!

I completely agree, this show is strangely entertaining and very humorous. Not to mention there are very pretty people in the cast. My girlfriend makes me watch it, but it's really not so bad.
    -I've prepared ex...
    A Comic Life | Homework Help

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Burley View Post
    Plus, even the "unattractive" girls are super hot.
    This is new to TV/Movies how?

a steampunk fantasy ♦ the novelthe album

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AstralFire View Post
    This is new to TV/Movies how?
    Heh, so true.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

I also enjoy this show greatly. I haven't quite pegged why yet, I just... do.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moglorosh View Post
    I also enjoy this show greatly. I haven't quite pegged why yet, I just... do.
    It's weird, but I got the opposite position. I just don't particularly like glee, no idea why.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I enjoy it. If nothing else, it's a great parody of the high school drama.

and the music isn't bad.
    When in Rome, do as the Huns do.
    I participated!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Haha, I've been meaning to start this thread for weeks. I'm hopelessly addicted to it.

My favorite character is a guy who has only spoken one line to date though. Mike Chang (played by the amazingly talented Harry Shum Jr) is an amazing dancer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Everyone loves loopy. It's true.
    My blog, if you are interested in my rambling.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

I watched the first episode up to that point a girl started singing that Katy Perry song: "I kissed a girl and I liked it".

I stopped there.

I hate that song.

Hate it.

Tell me, is it really worth to continue watching? I am a fan of House, Supernatural, Bones, Damages (for awhile, now-no longer)
    We must believe in luck. For how else can we explain the success of those we don't like?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, very worth it. While the songs can sometimes get a bit pop-y for my liking, they do have an awesome undercurrent of dark humor in there.

And for the record, I hate that song too.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground

I hate that all the singing is obviously studio-altered to the point where I'm not sure they're not just lip-syncing.

I would say that it's worth watching though, it's just the best parts (songs) aren't even really being sung.
    Thanks a TON to Almighty Salmon for the Amazing Log Man!

The Legend of TheLogMan

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheLogman View Post
    I hate that all the singing is obviously studio-altered to the point where I'm not sure they're not just lip-syncing.

I would say that it's worth watching though, it's just the best parts (songs) aren't even really being sung.
    Yeah, they've lipsync'd (or at least overdubbed) for all but one song, which is unfortunate, but at least they actually all do their own singing in the studio.

Part of it is just to get a polished sound, which wouldn't be possible otherwise... but I do think they muck with backup vocals too much.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

I view it as a way to et my musical fix for free every week. Oh, and Sue is amazing as a villain.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

I love Sue's "I will give you a cute baby kitty" threat. Hilarious. I threatened somebody with that today. It could only have been better if it was original.

Also, Shuester (sp?) is incredibly attractive, a great actor and a fantastic dancer. I don't think he's actually singing, though. Anyways, I've added him to my list of men I'd go gay for. It's not a long list, but it is a solid list.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am the Burley, formerly known as Burley Warlock. I got my name changed. Please remember me...

15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Swordlol View Post
    I watched the first episode up to that point a girl started singing that Katy Perry song: "I kissed a girl and I liked it".

I stopped there.

I hate that song.

Hate it.

Tell me, is it really worth to continue watching? I am a fan of House, Supernatural, Bones, Damages (for awhile, now-no longer)
    I really hate that song too, but I love Glee. I just sort of shuddered for the duration of it, cleaned out my ears, and then went back to watching it normally.

And Shuschter (Can't spell it either!) is really really good looking. He's on the list of guys who keep me straight ^_^

16. - Top - End - #16
    Firbolg in the Playground

It's not a long list, but it is a solid list.
    I read that as "sordid" list
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Closet_Skeleton View Post
    I read that as "sordid" list
    Actually, "sordid" is how it's sorted.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

I love Sue's "I will give you a cute baby kitty" threat. Hilarious. I threatened somebody with that today. It could only have been better if it was original.

Also, Shuester (sp?) is incredibly attractive, a great actor and a fantastic dancer. I don't think he's actually singing, though. Anyways, I've added him to my list of men I'd go gay for. It's not a long list, but it is a solid list.
    Yeah, that threat was awesome.

From what I recall, Schuester's actor is a Broadway actor, so I'm fairly sure he is singing, haha.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGirl

I really enjoy the show (I have the first soundtrack on pre-order), but my roommate and I feel like the story's just getting ridiculous. I mean, I know it's a comedy and they're going for audacity, but seriously, is Schue the most ignorant guy in the world that he can't realize his wife isn't pregnant? Is Finn that ignorant of biology that he honestly believes Quinn got pregnant from them making out in a hottub whilst clothed?

Also, you can't possibly know the sex of your baby at ten weeks (at least, not from an ultrasound). I felt that was a bit of a sloppy job research-wise.

I like the show, but I know that the writing could be better. I like watching just for the musical numbers and Kurt (honestly, I wish they'd give kids other than Rachel-Finn-Quinn-Puck some screentime more often).
    Spoiler
    Show
    No one asked you, Haley's Latent Bisexuality.

I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all life's indignities.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, Will's ignorance is really getting to me as well.

As far as Finn goes however, I believe he has a very high emotional IQ, so he's really good at reading people, but not so smart on the regular IQ.

I hear that the show is getting delayed until November because of some American sporting event or other though?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    I hear that the show is getting delayed until November because of some American sporting event or other though?
    Yes, the World Series starts this Wednesday; Glee's not back until the 11th (Veteran's Day here in the States).
    Spoiler
    Show

I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all life's indignities.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trai View Post
    Yes, the World Series starts this Wednesday; Glee's not back until the 11th (Veteran's Day here in the States).
    The World Series... Why even play? The US wins every year.

(P.S.- Stupid sports getting in the way of my "me" time. Rassem frassem.)

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

I was sold in the pilot when they did Amy Winehouse's "Rehab" as a big cheery production number. That was hilarious!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thompur View Post
    I was sold in the pilot when they did Amy Winehouse's "Rehab" as a big cheery production number. That was hilarious!
    I was completely sold when they had n entire football team but out to Beyonce's Single Ladies mid-play.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Glee is back. Can't say I enjoyed the "Very Special Episode" feel of the episode. Or the softening of Sue's character. Or Quinn being so unpleasant to Finn over a baby she knows isn't his.

So yeah, not impressed this week. Thoughts?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    Glee is back. Can't say I enjoyed the "Very Special Episode" feel of the episode. Or the softening of Sue's character. Or Quinn being so unpleasant to Finn over a baby she knows isn't his.

So yeah, not impressed this week. Thoughts?
    I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one who was not impressed by the most recent episode.

I got really excited when I heard about it before it aired-- finally, they'd focus on Artie, and I believe one of the critics at EW said the episode made him cry more than once.

That being said, I really didn't like what they did do with the episode. God, the Glee club kids were just brats when the question first came up of helping Artie! Were they never taught compassion for the disabled?

I really didn't like what was done with Sue's character. It felt like a plot point pulled from nowhere that screamed, "Look! You must feel sorry for her!" Way too sudden and blatant for me to feel any sympathy for the character.

I did feel bad for the Artie/Tina thing. I do have hope for that pairing, because I'd be intrigued to see how they'd handle that relationship.

Quinn: Yes, I still can't believe how meanly she's treating Finn. My roommate said it best: if the actual father of the baby wants to help, why the heck don't you just go with him? She could still say the baby is Finn's if she wants to; she could just go with Puck...

The only thing I did like about this episode? Kurt. Give this kid more screentime! The scene at the end with his father made me cry; it was heartbreaking when he said that the judges wouldn't accept a guy singing a girl's song and that he didn't want to hurt his dad. I really, really like how they've had Kurt's dad, the man's man, accept his son like that. That scene and the scene where Kurt came out have been the most well-handled things the show has done, in my opinion.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trai View Post
    The only thing I did like about this episode? Kurt. Give this kid more screentime! The scene at the end with his father made me cry; it was heartbreaking when he said that the judges wouldn't accept a guy singing a girl's song and that he didn't want to hurt his dad. I really, really like how they've had Kurt's dad, the man's man, accept his son like that. That scene and the scene where Kurt came out have been the most well-handled things the show has done, in my opinion.
    My God, yes. Kurt's dad is pretty much the best dad ever. I have gay mates who would have killed for parents as understanding as him, and the scenes with him and Kurt are brilliant.

I also like the little lines that Brittany and Santana (and the other footballers) are getting that are slowly estabishing their characters.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

So, at a friend's urging, I finally sat down to watch this show. Admittedly, I've only seen the episodes from the football game onwarwd, but who has ever let incomplete information stop them from forming an opinion?

I pretty much watch the show to hear what's coming out of Sue's mouth next. She is absolutely off her rocker, and amazingly so. I still laugh at the way she described herself as Ajax, Greek warrior in the middle of a shouting match. Her, and occasionally Kurt, are why I keep tuning in. I'm not so hot on the rest of the show, though. They seem to be trying to hit as many cliches as they can, and while I can't help but feel this is supposed to be a parody or satire of some sort, they haven't really done anything with it. It's like I've watched five episodes of setup, but they haven't told the punchline. Also, this is relatively minor, but they're spending so much time building Terry up as some sort of evil manipulative shrew so it's okay for Will to cheat on her that I can't help liking her out of sheer contrariness.

Still, I'll probably watch it again, because I love Jane Lynch and every third song they sing. I just wish they gave that guy autotune a little less screentime.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Green Bean View Post
    I pretty much watch the show to hear what's coming out of Sue's mouth next. She is absolutely off her rocker, and amazingly so. I still laugh at the way she described herself as Ajax, Greek warrior in the middle of a shouting match. Her, and occasionally Kurt, are why I keep tuning in. I'm not so hot on the rest of the show, though. They seem to be trying to hit as many cliches as they can, and while I can't help but feel this is supposed to be a parody or satire of some sort, they haven't really done anything with it. It's like I've watched five episodes of setup, but they haven't told the punchline. Also, this is relatively minor, but they're spending so much time building Terry up as some sort of evil manipulative shrew so it's okay for Will to cheat on her that I can't help liking her out of sheer contrariness.
    This exactly. Especially the part about cliches.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avvies by Z-Axis, now bearer of 3 divine rank.
    So you may have heard of Lord Herman. Well, he's pretty awesome.
    Chief Arial Commander of HALO
    Through hostilties, Leader of AMEN
    Annoyingly Androgynous Elf
    Larger Avvies:
    Shas aia Toriia (under constuction)
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

I love the series. The last episode made me literally say, "Oh wow, Sue is a person!" which isn't really a bad thing, but I kind of miss her just being the horrible person that you love to hate.