New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1273
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Banned

Default Re: Sauron vs Voldemort

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
    Ah, for the days of the old forum, where we had funny filters instead of this asterisk-blocking nonsense. Spoon was what came up when you used to say ****. (Oh… right… that’s not going to work. ) I actually found myself saying ‘Spoon’ instead of the real word in the real world sometimes.
    wait, i'm confused here

And Mr. ninja got in trouble for flaming i belive, though we aren't suppose to talk about it
    from,
    EE

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Ogre in the Playground

Back before the forum conversion mid-'06 (EE, I see you joined in February), the filters would replace naughty words with other, cuter words instead of asterisking them. These included Spoon for S***, Wombat for F*** and Denis Leary for A**hole. Thus, a scrubbed flame might read: "Can you believe that Denis Leary? He's such a wombating spoonhead."

I prefer my theory that he was punted for his own safety following a cookie pun-related breakdown. (Amusingly enough, a newly created profile - "Ninja Wizard" - showed up the next day and picked up all of TLN's characters. 'A friend', he said, who TLN had asked to continue on for him. The mods weren't fooled, and noticed about three days later. It's not like the handle was even sneaky... he should have named it "Not Logic Ninja" and seen how that worked out. )
    Quote Originally Posted by zyphyr View Post
    They don't actually love Gold, they only say that to get it into bed.
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Bugbear in the Playground

Haha, yeah.
    And on the old forums he could have had the caption under his avvy read "No seriously, I'm not TLN."
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilElitest View Post
    You are a god
    Many thanks to Bisected8 for the Jokertar.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Banned

Back before the forum conversion mid-'06 (EE, I see you joined in February), the filters would replace naughty words with other, cuter words instead of asterisking them. These included Spoon for S***, Wombat for F*** and Denis Leary for A**hole. Thus, a scrubbed flame might read: "Can you believe that Denis Leary? He's such a wombating spoonhead."
    I find the Denis Leary joke very fitting
    I prefer my theory that he was punted for his own safety following a cookie pun-related breakdown. (Amusingly enough, a newly created profile - "Ninja Wizard" - showed up the next day and picked up all of TLN's characters. 'A friend', he said, who TLN had asked to continue on for him. The mods weren't fooled, and noticed about three days later. It's not like the handle was even sneaky... he should have named it "Not Logic Ninja" and seen how that worked out. )
    Wasn't there something with Bear with lazers being the same person or am i not suppose to talk about that
    from,
    EE

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Ogre in the Playground

We're only not supposed to talk about people being banned when it's disruptive or griping or glorifying them or... oh, I don't know. I'm just saying there was this funny guy named TLN, and I may have given him an aneurysm with cookies. And what's the worst that can happen - we finally get this thread locked?

Yeah, BWL was another brilliant fellow, also a bit of an ass, god love 'em. There may be something to that BWL=TLN, since looking back in that game after TLN and Ninja Wizard came BWL to pick up the character. Man, that was a wacked out game. I don't know what game the DM was playing, but it often didn't look like D&D. No such thing as a surprise round, pshaw...

Say... I just had a wonderful, terrible idea. We should make a pbp game based on this thread. The Quest for Truth, Justice, and Cookies - or Warty Goblin's Wild Ride - or Two Dark Lords Walk Into A Tavern...
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Banned

We're only not supposed to talk about people being banned when it's disruptive or griping or glorifying them or... oh, I don't know. I'm just saying there was this funny guy named TLN, and I may have given him an aneurysm with cookies. And what's the worst that can happen - we finally get this thread locked?

Yeah, BWL was another brilliant fellow, also a bit of an ass, god love 'em. There may be something to that BWL=TLN, since looking back in that game after TLN and Ninja Wizard came BWL to pick up the character. Man, that was a wacked out game. I don't know what game the DM was playing, but it often didn't look like D&D. No such thing as a surprise round, pshaw...
    wasn't BWL baned for the same reason who am i just deluding myself
    Say... I just had a wonderful, terrible idea. We should make a pbp game based on this thread. The Quest for Truth, Justice, and Cookies - or Warty Goblin's Wild Ride - or Two Dark Lords Walk Into A Tavern...
    here is my signature attack
    EE's rant

You make a massive over the top and insulting rant based on tiny tibits of infomation
    Quote every sentence in the enemy's statement and respond to each one seperetly. Bonus points if these points were answered half a page ago

You must make a DC 17 will save to properly with one misquote. Should you fail to counter a single response, you will get instantly attacked by EE's accusing finger
    from,
    EE

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Ogre in the Playground

Dunno about BWL... he wasn't banned til months after that game ended, so that was the last of my close contact. I just reread it, and that DM put the CHOO CHOO in railroad... and dropped the game when we avoided the oncoming locomotive.

EE's Accusing Finger might have promise... probably shouldn't keep the link to the debate *too* literal, or else we'll be having an epistemologically centered module. Which would be sad beyond words. I was thinking something low-ish level, setting off into the world to find plot coupons which reveal the nature of a titanic battle and lost history (y'know, a really big rock). There'd be OOTS-style metafictional references along the way, so we could chat with Hairy Plopper or Gimli the Comically-Relieving on our journey.
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Banned

Dunno about BWL... he wasn't banned til months after that game ended, so that was the last of my close contact. I just reread it, and that DM put the CHOO CHOO in railroad... and dropped the game when we avoided the oncoming locomotive.

EE's Accusing Finger might have promise... probably shouldn't keep the link to the debate *too* literal, or else we'll be having an epistemologically centered module. Which would be sad beyond words. I was thinking something low-ish level, setting off into the world to find plot coupons which reveal the nature of a titanic battle and lost history (y'know, a really big rock). There'd be OOTS-style metafictional references along the way, so we could chat with Hairy Plopper or Gimli the Comically-Relieving on our journey.
    I love taht show

That will be the most meta humered thing outside tv-tropes
    from,
    EE

9. - Top - End - #1239

OK, seriously EE, what's with this whole "commander" deal?
    I started it, I'm the prophet, I lead it.
    Besides, I'm a god.
    You are a god

10. - Top - End - #1240

I feel terrible about bumping this thread up again now that it's finally dies, but I felt this was the place to say this:

Ditto, I retract any and all bad things I may have said about you in this thread.
    An opponent who refuses to concede the point (even if it seems to me that they are obviously wrong) is much more pleasant than an opponent who realises that they can't win and degrades to insults.

Besides, I kinda got attached to having this thread as our own little chat thread.
    You are a god

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

WHY won't you let the DEAD rest in peace!?
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilElitest
    Executor - for a Vs. thread, you have laid out the case for this confrontation very intelligently - bravo!
    he is like the demigod of vs. threads
    They can take our lives... but they'll never take our AWESOME!!!

Awarded EvilElitest the Trophy for winning the internet.

Alumnus of the Sauron vs Voldemort thread
    <ASVSVA>

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rowanomicon View Post
    I feel terrible about bumping this thread up again now that it's finally dies, but I felt this was the place to say this:

Ditto, I retract any and all bad things I may have said about you in this thread.
    An opponent who refuses to concede the point (even if it seems to me that they are obviously wrong) is much more pleasant than an opponent who realises that they can't win and degrades to insults.

Besides, I kinda got attached to having this thread as our own little chat thread.
    seconded, ditto is a funny guy
    Also i agree, resorting to insults is bad, but snark and sarcasm is a ok

Also, this can become the Sauron/vs. thread lovers offical chat thread

OK, seriously EE, what's with this whole "commander" deal?
    I started it, I'm the prophet, I lead it.
    Besides, I'm a god.
    wow wow wow, infighting here,calm down

Commander, i lead the armies. You know, military forces. Your head of the prophit.
    I discovered your divinity, so does that make me your high priest or what?
    Also have a cookie
    /cookie

WHY won't you let the DEAD rest in peace!?
    we are, the same way our orcish minions do. By draining it of every last piece of life until there is nothing

And i been wanting to talk to you, you start a lot of cool threads but you never talk on them. Why, your funny, talk on the threads darn it, at least act as commentator

from,
    EE
    Last edited by EvilElitest; 2007-12-19 at 07:29 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1243

OK, you can command armies.
    'Sides we can make at least two full armies a year so there's plenty to go around.
    I suppose if you discovered my divinity that makes you... my prophet... wow.
    You are a god

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Banned

OK, you can command armies.
    'Sides we can make at least two full armies a year so there's plenty to go around.
    I suppose if you discovered my divinity that makes you... my prophet... wow.
    So i am a prophit of a prophit of a Dark lord, whose armies i command (see YOU at pelenor fields)
    from,
    EE

15. - Top - End - #1245

SwashbucklerGuy

This thing is still limping on I see.
    Stoic (and apparently only) member of the Fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuckets View Post
    And then the Rock totally sneaks up and impales them both on an American flag.

16. - Top - End - #1246

We should do a Sauron vs Sauron thread...

No, just kidding, but we should start another thread, the LK one is starting to die/piss me off.

I think we should have The Witch King in the new thread though (either alone of with the other Nazgul) and make it a smaller fight (either one on one or vs some other squad of elite troops).

Any thoughts on who?
    You are a god

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by .... View Post
    This thing is still limping on I see.
    It is like Boris teh Blade, i JUST WON'T DIE!!!!!

no it got me
    We should do a Sauron vs Sauron thread...

No, just kidding, but we should start another thread, the LK one is starting to die/piss me off.
    1. No
    2. Give it time, i think the Warcraft people are just taking time to come back. IT isn't dead yet.

I think we should have The Witch King in the new thread though (either alone of with the other Nazgul) and make it a smaller fight (either one on one or vs some other squad of elite troops).
    Sauron is a fun guy to play however, but he needs a good foe, the LK was a good foe, but bat man is not, nor is yoda. Another evil villain

Any thoughts on who
    Hmmmmm, preferable somebody who isn't from two different of a world, and we can just translate the magic differently. I'd need to think

from,
    EE
    Last edited by EvilElitest; 2007-12-19 at 10:18 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1248

The reason I'd rather do a WK one than another Sauron one is that my argument of end scenarios works for most villains and that makes the debate less fun.
    Either that or we have to choose someone who could throw The Ring into Mt. Doom (ie purer than Frodo).
    You are a god

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Banned

The reason I'd rather do a WK one than another Sauron one is that my argument of end scenarios works for most villains and that makes the debate less fun.
    Either that or we have to choose someone who could throw The Ring into Mt. Doom (ie purer than Frodo).
    But the WK is to vague sadly, we don't quite know the extent of his powers

Hmmm, there have to be some cool villians who can fight it out
    from,
    EE

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Ogre in the Playground

Apology-ish accepted, and returned Rowan. We're cool people. There should be a SvsV club. Perhaps that could be the party name if I actually get enough ideas for a pbp. And yes, you're a bad person for bumping this... though I guessed right away you weren't having as much fun in the LK thread.

There is more to getting the Ring into Mount Doom than being pure, of course. And using the Ring to defeat Sauron, even if you turn into another Dark Lord (often an adversary's stated goal) is a legitimate win condition. I skimmed the LK thread, but it looks like (on the page I read) no one had figured a way to talk around that yet. But alas, I'm slipping into the debate again!
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort

21. - Top - End - #1251

I can go find my reasoning on why LK getting The Ring ultimately leads to him serving Sauron (it's rather simple actually) if you want.

Also, yes, that club should definitely exist.

If you start a pbp I'd totally be down for playing. Except I'm away for most of Jan/Feb.

Anyway, I was also thinking about a Lord Soth thread. Think he's more on WK's level or Sauron's level?
    You are a god

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Titan in the Playground

A game? Hah, that would be funny... and yet, we all know that we have enough time on our hands not to drop out, and to write lengthy posts, and that we get along well enough that we can have a long versus thread and still stand one another's presence! That's always good. But we'd need to tie debate, Sauron, or Voldemort into it somehow...

... perhaps we can have two systems of magic from different worlds collide in a war, and part of the game would be figuring out in what ways the two are totally incompatible.

Also:
    snark and sarcasm is a ok
    *huffs* Well, I should hope so. Okay, I'm sorry for that pun. I have to take advantage of my name sometimes.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Ogre in the Playground

Non-transparent Psionics & Vancian magic? I know little of psionics and don't care for them, though, so I'd be no good as a DM. I do have a silly sort of hook idea, which would definitely set the SvsV quest on track. What do y'all think of something low-mid-level, 6-8ish? Just high enough to have some real definition, but low enough to still be assigned quest by higher Powers That Be.

I chose Vaarsuvius and MITD for the little sig thing, cuz I figured those were the closest approximations of a wizard and a Dark One. It's either that or Redcloak for the orc-ish pic... but I figured that while Redcloak is awesome, grunt orcs are less so.
    Last edited by Ditto; 2007-12-20 at 07:45 AM.
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort

24. - Top - End - #1254

You should make ASVSVA a palindrome (ASVSVSA) by making is a Secret (or Special, or Social, or Super, or Some-other-S-word) Alumni
    You are a god

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I do believe starting this thread makes me an Alumnus of it, eh Ditto?
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilElitest
    Executor - for a Vs. thread, you have laid out the case for this confrontation very intelligently - bravo!
    he is like the demigod of vs. threads
    They can take our lives... but they'll never take our AWESOME!!!

Awarded EvilElitest the Trophy for winning the internet.

Alumnus of the Sauron vs Voldemort thread
    <ASVSVA>

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Banned

Lord Soth would be great, but i think he is greater than the WK but lesser than Sauron. Not sure though, but he is cool
    from,
    EE

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Ogre in the Playground

I did it. I really did.

Click above if you want to subject yourself to more Sauron vs. Voldemort related fun, in PBP form.
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Banned

Sauron is a fun guy to play however, but he needs a good foe, the LK was a good foe, but bat man is not, nor is yoda. Another evil villain
    Someone immune to corruption...
    How about a robot?
    Ironman's armor animated by Pun-Pun to fight Sauron?

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GoC View Post
    Someone immune to corruption...
    How about a robot?
    Ironman's armor animated by Pun-Pun to fight Sauron?
    Given that we determined that Pun-Pun in fact beats God, I don't think this is really a contest...
    Blood-red were his spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat,
    When they shot him down on the highway,
    Down like a dog on the highway,
    And he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat.

Alfred Noyes, The Highwayman, 1906.

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by warty goblin View Post
    Given that we determined that Pun-Pun in fact beats God, I don't think this is really a contest...
    Animated by Pun-Pun just means the effect can't be dispeled. It doesn't make the armor more powerful.