New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default How much do the key players know about each other?

Who do you think the key players for the final gate related plot will be and how much information does each have about the others? Obviously this includes the Order and Team Evil, but also the gods and others who are likely to be important, such as the IFCC.

2. - Top - End - #2

GreataxeFighterGirl

Default Re: How much do the key players know about each other?

Okay, witness some super crappy analysis:

Towards Xykon, the Order knows as much about him as their efforts have provided. They have a rough idea of how powerful he is, courtesy of O-chul's spell list. They know of his astral fortress and the importance of his phylactery. They know of his personality -- that he's incredibly dangerous, psychopathic, and ruthlessly brutal when he has to be (just ask Roy!) They should be knowing about his Snarl plan after Durkon tells them, although not the exact details.

They don't know Redcloak's role. They don't know about his sunk-cost fallacy (which, to be sure, I think only X remembers). Thor thinks Durkon can persuade him somewhat easily. They don't know the unstable relationship between Redcloak and Xykon -- only Tsukiko knew, and she's not in any state to confess. But probably best for them, they know RC carries the phylactery and will target it, but Xykon doesn't until it's too late.

Thor, at least, knows about the Order's motives. Hel knows about it to the extent of her vampires. Considering the rest of the gods voted the world's fate based on the destroyed Gates, they may be aware of the Order and Team Evil's struggle but unable to intervene.

The gods didn't know about the second planet. Neither does the Dark One.

The IFCC knows about the planet -- they could possibly inform the evil gods of such.

V doesn't know about the IFCC's long-term goal for unnecessary, bloody conflict.

Team Evil knows near nothing about the Order. The Order may have the advantage of surprise. They have O-Chul to sway the MiTD. They may meet with Serini, who can probably assume the worst about Lirian and Dorukan since their gates have fallen.

OPINION: I'm thinking all of the 'loose' ends -- the godsmoot, the IFCC, the vampires, the 2nd planet, Hel, etc -- have to be cleared away so the final fight can be played out as clearly and concisely as possible. The fight has to play out without hundreds of hypotheses banking on each outcome. Now, how it'll wrap up is anyone's guess.

3. - Top - End - #3

WolfInSheepsClothing

I think that's a good analysis. It's interesting that the OOTS and the IFCC are the only ones who know about the planets (I didn't realize the IFCC did) and the Order thinks the gods know about it based on Durkon at least when they actually don't. I wonder if Team Evil being unaware of the IFCC will become a plot point...

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Off the top of my head, I don't think Xykon's phylactery is around Redcloak's neck at the moment, despite what Xykon thinks.
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0831.html

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalFailure View Post
    It's interesting that the OOTS and the IFCC are the only ones who know about the planets (I didn't realize the IFCC did)
    If the IFCC didn't know before, V mentioned it in front of them in 903, so they definitely do since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightcanon View Post
    Off the top of my head, I don't think Xykon's phylactery is around Redcloak's neck at the moment, despite what Xykon thinks.
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0831.html
    And Xykon thinks the phylactery is in his astral fortress, as of 833.