New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Trial of character: Whiteflash

I take it to the pedestal room and see where that takes me.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Bugbear in the Playground

You look at the paper once you are back in the lit pedestal room (there are two). On the paper you can see the entire room, and a crude looking representation of the pedestal. Around it are a series of colors, as you look the colors match the color glowing in each location. You can also see the hall outside extending beyond the room.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

Do I remember how to get back to the first one?

4. - Top - End - #424

You are currently at the first one. You started with the lit one, and walked around and eventually found another one that was not lit. You followed your right hand rule, and it was your second room. You wager you can likely find the second one if you choose to. At the very least, you know you can follow your right hand rule to get back there.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

So, the one I've been taking runestones to is the lit one, then? I suppose it would have to be, since I've been comparing the colors of the light.

I think I'll take the runestones I left there to the unlit one, and see if there's any reaction.

6. - Top - End - #426

You gather up your paper and rune stones and head out of the room. You continue to follow your right hand rule, that is how you found the room originally. You walk down a hall past an intersection on the left and to a 4 way intersection. You take the right path and find yourself in a second room of rune stones. You leave the room, go down another hallway. You pass another intersection on your left and continue on. You reach another corner, and make a right. You find yourself in the room with the unlit pedestal. You try the rune stones on the tablet, but nothing happens.

Spoiler: update from first encounter
    Show

So when you originally in here, I was missing my notes due to having packed for a move. I found them, so the paragraph I didn't have before is:

The wrath of the divine burns in the spirit
    as does their calm in tranquility.
    The ground holds great riches,
    but the sky holds limitless potential.

Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

I try putting the runestones on the pedestal itself, putting each one on the spot marked with a rune matching it. Is there any reaction?

Also, since it sounds like elevation might be important, did I notice any variation in elevation while I was in here?

8. - Top - End - #428

Everything seems surprisingly level here. Previously there were definitely inconsistent heights and everything seemed more rough. As you moved through this area though, everything seemed very smooth and refined.

There is no reaction to your placement of the rune stones, but a quick glance does indicate that there seem to be more on the piece of paper.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground

I carefully look the paper over again.

10. - Top - End - #430

You can see on the paper a rough drawn map of where you've been. There are 4 rooms. They each have a diagonal hallway leading out to another hallway. This hallway forms a rectangular path that connects them all. At each corner there is another hallway that just stops being drawn. There are also larger hallways halfway through each side that point out towards the edges of the paper. These halls also just stop being drawn. It seems as if as you travel, more of the map is being filled in.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

Let's see: this refers to the two rune rooms and the two pedestal rooms, right?

Does the map indicate that there's a nearby hallway that leads into the center of the maze? Or does it look like that area's filled with stone?

12. - Top - End - #432

The rooms themselves seem to be taking up the center. There are 8 different hallways that branch out away from the center. 4 towards the corners, and 4 towards the middle of each side.

Spoiler
    Show

I made a map, trying to figure out how to screenshot it and upload it for you.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

Is there enough detail on the map that I can find my way to the northeast corner?

14. - Top - End - #434

You can definitely attempt it. There is a path that goes that direction, but you aren't sure where it ends. It may or may not take you to the corner.

Spoiler: map link
    Show

I'm having issues pasting the map into the forums, so here is a link w/ 5' grid added.
    https://imgur.com/Q9UWJYI
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks for the map.

Anyway, I'll take that path and see where that gets me. If it branches or turns, I stop at the intersection or bend and look at the map.
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2020-01-28 at 03:16 AM. Reason: thought it worked better with a hard return

16. - Top - End - #436

You head back to the corner that has the NE passage. You take the NE passage for another 20' before you find yourself at another intersection of hallways. Each hall is only about 5' wide. You've come from the SW path. There is a NE path, NW path, and SE path as well. You look down at the map, and all you can see is another 15' of hallway in each of the directions.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

I continue heading Northeast, and keep doing so until I either reach an intersection or a bend, or the hallway ends.

(I realize I'm deviating from the right-hand path rule, but I think I have my bearings enough to get away with that.)

18. - Top - End - #438

You continue NE for another 40' before you find yourself in a room. This room is a dead end. The room is 10'x10' and the walls extend up another 10'. They are clearly taller than the walls of the passage from which you came. As you stand in the doorway, the room begins to glow an blue-white. A gentle breeze rolls through the doorway. It is soothing on your skin. As you stand in the door, you can see that the light is created by a dull glowing symbol in the floor. The symbol takes up about majority, but not all, of the floor. It seems to depict two shimmering waves, the light pulses and rolls through the symbol as if a current is moving. You realize the breeze seems linked to the pulsing lights.
    Last edited by Deadlykire; 2020-02-24 at 09:11 AM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

Does the symbol look like any of the runes on the runestones? Or like the symbols from the previous runewalls? (It's been so long that I've forgotten whether the runes from the runestones were the same as the ones from the runewalls, thanks to the server shutdown.)

And do I see any slots in the walls that look like I could insert the runestones into them, or something?

20. - Top - End - #440

The symbol definitely looks like one from the pedestal, however it does not match any of the objects you carry. The ones you carry all glow red when touched. (I included the more important detail given your question, hope it helps)

(roll an investigation check to look for slots or clues)
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

(Thanks.)

(1d20-1)[2]

Edit: OW.
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2020-02-26 at 12:28 AM.

22. - Top - End - #442

(That went horribly wrong, the dice hate you still)

You stand in the doorway and stare into the room and don't notice any more details. You think perhaps there is a hidden door so you wander over and just tap the walls. Nothing happens, you turn to leave and walk out of the hall. As you do, you notice the light in the hallway seems brighter than before.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

(Yep. )

I step out into the hallway to see if the light fades when I leave the room.

24. - Top - End - #444

It doesn't at first, but as you stand there waiting it does eventually fade. It doesn't fade out, the hall all of a sudden just goes back to the orange-red torch like glow that you've had.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

I set the runestones I'm carrying down and go back in the room. Does the glow change?

If not, I tap the walls in all the same places I just did.

26. - Top - End - #446

As you walk back towards the room, the glow begins again. The rune in the floor lights up. This time, as you walk around you go slower and brush your fingers against the wall. As you move to the North wall, you notice the East wall seems to be providing light. You look back to see another rune glowing there. This rune takes up almost the entire wall. As you are looking at it, you see that the northern wall has started glowing as well. You look at it and see that this run is much smaller than the other two, taking up only about half of the wall. You walk back to the door to get a better view of the largest rune. From the doorway you can see that the runes are all 3 different sizes and symbols. The largest rune is on the Eastern wall, and it features a line on the bottom, with another row that has a short line, a loop, then another short line. The rune on the floor is smaller than the Eastern wall, but larger than the one on the Northern wall. The North wall features a rune that looks sort of like a rectangle, but the top and bottom are arcs that extend beyond the edges.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

Do I recognize the wall runes from the pedestals, or the previous runewalls?

28. - Top - End - #448

You do. You recognize them from both, most importantly the pedestal. The colors and symbols are a direct match to the 3 blue-white symbols off the pedestal.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

I use the map to navigate back to the two rooms I found with runestones and look for runestones with runes of that color.

30. - Top - End - #450

You remember you had already presorted the piles to correctly matching symbols and colors. Between the two rooms, you are able to find 3 different objects of each material for each symbol. This gives you a total of 36 different objects. After gathering them all, you are able to recognize that in addition to symbol and material, each object has a different size. So for each symbol it is either small, medium, or large. You have each size in each material.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show