Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Traab's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Posting in comment sections, oddities

    Just had something happen to me recently that I found amusing, wondered if it happens to anyone else. You are trawling through your yahoo news feed, commenting on various articles, when, UH OH! Someone didnt like your post on how all fish should be given fur coats, and you notice that literally every single post you have made in the last couple days, on a dozen different subjects, has gotten an extra downvote. Its just intensely amusing to see when someone clearly hates your stance on fish clothing so much that they can only express it by down voting everything you have ever said on any subject at all. Has anything odd like this ever happened to you guys on any comment section?
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: Posting in comment sections, oddities

    Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Just had something happen to me recently that I found amusing, wondered if it happens to anyone else. You are trawling through your yahoo news feed, commenting on various articles, when, UH OH! Someone didnt like your post on how all fish should be given fur coats, and you notice that literally every single post you have made in the last couple days, on a dozen different subjects, has gotten an extra downvote. Its just intensely amusing to see when someone clearly hates your stance on fish clothing so much that they can only express it by down voting everything you have ever said on any subject at all. Has anything odd like this ever happened to you guys on any comment section?
    My wife used to yell "murderer" when we passed the fur-coat store at the mall (when we were in our teens and/or though college).

    Likely you just caught the attention of someone board on a slow day at work. Likely a board jerk, but someone board none the less.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Posting in comment sections, oddities

    Just goes to teach you, never use comments sections.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Posting in comment sections, oddities

    Quote Originally Posted by darkrose50 View Post
    My wife used to yell "murderer" when we passed the fur-coat store at the mall (when we were in our teens and/or though college).

    Likely you just caught the attention of someone board on a slow day at work. Likely a board jerk, but someone board none the less.
    What a planker!
    Cuthalion's avatars rock. Like this very fine dragon he made me.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2017

    Default Re: Posting in comment sections, oddities

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    What a planker!
    A little introspection probably woodent hurt him.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Posting in comment sections, oddities

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogcula View Post
    A little introspection probably woodent hurt him.
    Oooh, I like that one. I'm practically beaming.
    Cuthalion's avatars rock. Like this very fine dragon he made me.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    2D8HP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    San Francisco Bay area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Posting in comment sections, oddities

    Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    downvotes

    At one plumber's Forum (ridgidforum.com) I've posted comments at you could click that you "liked" a comment, but I don't remember being able to "down vote" anything, and I don't remember my ever posting comments where that was possible.

    Once I followed a series of links to Reddit (which I think has up and down votes) and there was a link back to one of my comments ar a different site which was used as an example of how horrible are the views at that site.
    Grim specter of noogie hangs like shroud over us all


    Extended Sig




    PBP's

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Posting in comment sections, oddities

    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    At one plumber's Forum (ridgidforum.com) I've posted comments at you could click that you "liked" a comment, but I don't remember being able to "down vote" anything, and I don't remember my ever posting comments where that was possible.

    Once I followed a series of links to Reddit (which I think has up and down votes) and there was a link back to one of my comments ar a different site which was used as an example of how horrible are the views at that site.
    Reddit is the best place to find the echo chamber that most perfectly fits your needs. Needless to say, I spend a lot of time there.
    Cuthalion's avatars rock. Like this very fine dragon he made me.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    2D8HP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    San Francisco Bay area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Posting in comment sections, oddities

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Reddit is the best place to find the echo chamber that most perfectly fits your needs. Needless to say, I spend a lot of time there.

    I find it hard to read anything at Reddit (and I mean that literally, it's just hard for me to read the text on my phone) so I seldom linger there long.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: Posting in comment sections, oddities

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Reddit is the best place to find the echo chamber that most perfectly fits your needs. Needless to say, I spend a lot of time there.
    Also, every echo chamber on Reddit insists that the Reddit admins are biased against them. They must be biased against you because they banned r/SubredditYouLike but not r/SubredditYouDontLike!

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Posting in comment sections, oddities

    Quote Originally Posted by ve4grm View Post
    Just goes to teach you, never use comments sections.
    +1! I try and avoid reading them for the most part, let alone participating....

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ClericGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Posting in comment sections, oddities

    Those kind of comment sections attract all sorts of people you wouldn't wanna mix up with.
    Proud member of the Vaarsuvius Fan Club.
    -Hey, V, how much do you know about spirits?
    -In order for one to enjoyably consume Aged Dwarven Brandy, possession of two livers is a necessity.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •