Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Jade Regent (Pathfinder, IC)

You arrive in Sandpoint the next morning. It is a large town of around 1,200 inhabitants. As you make your way through the streets to the Rusty Dragon, you can't help but notice a new looking wanted sign on the notice boards.

"WANTED!
    Goblins!

Bounty of 10gp for each pair
    Of freshish goblin ears
    300 gp for the head of
    'Chief' Gutwad.

Bounties can be redeemed
    With Sheriff Belor Hemlock
    "

Once you reach the Dragon, you are greeted by Ameiko Kaitjitsu, a young attractive woman of Tian descent. "Welcome to the Rusty Dragon. Adventurers are always welcome here. Tales of adventure may earn you a discount." A brief moment passes. "Ah, but you are the party sent by Sheila aren't you? Please make yourself comfortable. Breakfast is almost ready. As soon as it is served, we can discuss business."

As you enter the inn's common room, you see a few tables occupied by groups of adventurer's or locals talking quietly over mugs of ale and cider. Serving boys and girls move around the room bringing fresh bread and drinks to the different groups. The smell of eggs and bacon, with a hint of spice, waft from the kitchen.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    The OOC thread for this game is here: OOC Chat. In there you will find a link to the games discord channel as well as links to the character sheets of the party. I will use this thread to log rewards and exp earned as the game progresses. Also links to other documents will be recorded there as well.
    Last edited by hobbes543; 2019-03-31 at 06:40 PM.
    by Tomb Raven

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Jade Regent (Pathfinder, IC)

Seeing the posted sign upon entering the town, the hunter shakes his head and spits on the ground before walking past, headed towards the Rusty Dragon Inn.

Upon entering the inn, Björn lifts his head in a nod of familiar acknowledgement to the Minkaian proprietress in passing on his way to a seat at an otherwise empty table across the room from the front door. Once seated, he reaches down and scratches the young bear behind the ears; first one then the other. When one of the servers arrives at the table to take orders, the Ulfen states, "Meads. Stews." Gesturing to himself and the bear.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Larum tailed the Ulfen closely but hesitated when the man sat down. He hovered awkwardly just a step away from the table, waiting till the server had taken Bjorn's order before actually joining the man. He drummed his fingers on the table in a jittery non-pattern before jumping somewhat in his seat, gesturing vaguely to the man. You don't talk much, do you?
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Lexara was sticking closer to Lynn than her other companion. "Perhaps it's for the better. We don't want to look rude, especially not for our first impression." She comments taking a seat herself.
    I color is green, no I blue. Ok, ok, I think color. not sure now to call it

Shameless self promotion in 3... 2... 1... my DA link. I got drawing, I got litterature. You have to see it

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Lyn looks at the poster, nodding her head. It didn't look like the goblins had managed to lay serious hurt on anyone yet. She was glad of that. The young paladin adjusts herself before entering the Rusty Dragon. She smiles at the proprietess.
    "No tales today" she says, "Maybe tomorrow?"

She takes a seat next to Lexara, nodding to her sage words.
    Last edited by Kallimakus; 2019-04-01 at 11:47 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ameiko appears from the kitchen followed by a couple servers carrying trays with everyone's food and drink orders. She sits at the table with you as the servers pass out the meals. "Thank you for coming. I am sure you have seen the notices on your way here. Sheriff Hemlock has reopened the bounty on goblins." Ameiko frowns for a second.

"Normally, the goblins are only a minor nuisance, but recently the tribe residing in Brinestump Marsh has come into possession of fireworks. I am hoping you can disarm them before some fool youth in the village gets him or herself killed trying to collect this bounty.

Also, if you could try and find the source of the fireworks, that would be appreciated. They either found them somewhere or someone is supplying them.
    " She says this last bit with unease.

"Brinestump is small, but overgrown. It will be slow going. There are a couple known paths into the swamp. The new fishing trail is used by locals to access the coast. Along it, the 'Warden' of the swamp Walthus Proudstump makes his home. He knows the swamp better than anyone so you may want to check in with him. There is also the old fishing path, which fallen into disuse since the goblins set up residence in the swamp. " Ameiko takes a bite of her breakfast and a swig of ale.

"Any questions?"
    by Tomb Raven

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, about the fishing paths, are this mapped? "

Shameless self promotion in 3... 2... 1... my DA link. I got drawing, I got litterature. You have to see it

8. - Top - End - #8

In response to the man opposite him, the hunter looked him in the eye and held his gaze for a long moment before turning back to the bear beside himself.

When the food arrived at the table and Ameiko had sat down with them, the Ulfen nodded to her in greeting. Getting one of the bowls of stew he set it down on the floor for the bear then set down one of the mugs of mead next to it. Taking up a spoon he dug into his own bowl and listened to the bard spin her tale. He made no sign that he recognized any of what she said, simply eating and occasionally taking a drink of his mead. When she finished, he looked to her, "Room?"

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Larum exhaled forcibly as the ulfen man was frustratingly silent. He turned to Ameiko as she approached, beaming a charming, smarmy smile at her as she explained her purpose for calling upon them. I'm sure we can tame this 'Chief Gutwad' he rolls his eyes, adding air quotes and a derisive sneer no problem. But, perchance, has anyone spotted the so-called chief himself recently? A hint of anxiety crept into his voice as he finished his query, though his face was plastered with a confidant smirk.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Lyn takes heart from Larum's confidence.

"Do we know the location of these goblins? If not, maybe we could ask this mister Proudstump" she asks. "I welcome the chance to walk the forest, but wandering aimlessly…" she leaves the words hanging, looking at the silent ulfen man. He certainly looked the nature type to Lyn.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I could think of a more pleasant place to walk than a swamp." Ameiko smirks. "I do have a map of the area, however, the interior of the swamp is not well detailed. Surprisingly, no one has seen a reason to do a detailed survey of the area. The map does show where the entrances for the new and old fishing trails are, and I can indicate roughly where the warden's house is.

Walthus is probably your best bet for more detailed directions on how to find the goblins.

It also wouldn't hurt to ask around the Hagfish. Many of the fisherfolk in Sandpoint drink and gamble their earnings away there. But they are also the only ones who regularly enter the swamp. Good fishing they say.
    "

Spoiler: Map
    Show
    by Tomb Raven

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Lexara nod waits for continuesion but it seems there won't be any. "Very well, may we take this map? Also I think Björn might have been asking about accommodation.". With that she gives spiteful look to man with the bear. Who dose he think he is, making her look bad.
    Last edited by Greenflame133; 2019-04-03 at 11:34 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Larum smacked his lips as he finished off the scrumptious breakfast that the proprietor had so gracefully provided. Well, I do believe we should head to the Hagifsh then, once we're ready. Forewarned is forearmed, yes? He seemed almost humble.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Also, if you need a place to rest while you are in Sandpoint I have several rooms available. A standard room would be 3sp per night and a deluxe room 5sp per night. Or, you can stay in the common room for 1sp per night."
    by Tomb Raven

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Mister Proudstump already knows the swamp like his own pockets, yes? So heading to the, pardon me, stinking hole seems unnecessary to me." Lyn says delicately.

16. - Top - End - #16

The bearded Ulfen listened to all that was said between the other four. Finally, he interjected, "Hagfish." As he pointed to the supposed location of the warden's home, he added, "Might could hitch a ride."
    Last edited by drayen; 2019-04-04 at 12:19 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Hagfish is the dockside tavern of Sandpoint. Inside, the tavern is rough, but comfortable. Even though it is still morning, there are already a number of patrons gathered at the bar and around various tables. From their dress, it is obvious they earn their living from the sea. The mood is jovial as patrons regale each other with tales of their latest catch or play games of chance involving dice or cards.

Behind the bar is a large cheerful looking man with one leg cleaning mugs. Behind him is a large glass aquarium with a hagfish swimming idly around it. A nameplate at the center of the aquarium base identifies the fish as Norah. Next to the tank, hanging from a nail is a leather pouch that looks to be filled with coins. Above, on the ceiling beam, 28 names are carved into the wood.

"Good mornin' to you!" The man calls as you enter the tavern. " Welcome to the Hagfish. M'name is Jargie. Jargie Quinn. Don't often see adventurin' types here. What brings you in this fine morning? A bit of yarnin' got you? Or perhaps you'd like a chance at Norah's treasure?" He says as he points to the pouch hanging from the hook. "Or is it a seafood feast and some of the finest drinks in Sandpoint that has your interest? I even got a collection of fine rums from the Shackles for you to sample if you got the coin."
    by Tomb Raven

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

"Norah's treasure sounds rather interesting. Ones our job is finished, I may return and give it a try. Right now, we need info about the swamp and maybe a bottle of ale to flit the spirits as we go"

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Larum plopped down at the bar, slapping the countertop roughly. Jargie, my good man, what we need is information. We're hankerin' for that reward on Goblin's and everyone is saying they are off in the swamp. But we ain't no outta-towners. We know better to go into the swamp half-cocked. Tell us; whatcha know about Brinestump Marsh.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

20. - Top - End - #20

Upon entering the Hagfish, Björn followed the others to the bar and sat on one of the stools. As björn stood up on his hind legs to see over the bar, the hunter pointed at the bear and said, "Norah"

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Lyn files in last, taking a seat with the others. "As Larum says, we would like information that might help us clear the goblins from the marsh."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

"You're goin'g inta the swamp? Good fishin' there if you stick to the trail. Takes you by plenty good fishin' holes." Jargie beams. "Now, stay to the new trail an' don't wander off it. Heard rumors about a big beastie that has moved in recently. Hasn't got anybody yet, but I hears bodies of things that used to be top hunters in the swamp turnin' up dead and half eaten." Jargie looks serious, as if he wants you to head his advice.

"Aye. An don' go too far south either. There be a witch in those parts an' she don't like visitors." A patron sitting near by adds sagely.

"I have heard that too." Jargie concurs. "But if you are looking for the goblin bounty you shouldn't need to venture that far. The goblins village is somewhere along the old trail I reckon. 'Warden' Proudstump would have the latest intel on that. Speaking of, haven't seen him round town in a while. Usually see the little guy bout once a week or so when he comes to get supplies. Has spun a good yarn here." A look of concern passes over Jargie's face. "Well, if you see him, give him my regards. Anything else I can do for you?"
    by Tomb Raven

23. - Top - End - #23

The Ulfen pulled out the map that Ameiko so kindly provided them. Opening it, he pointed to the spot where the warden's patch was notated and said, "Warden's". Looking to the barkeep and everyone else in the tavern, especially eyeing the patron who had just spoke up, he asked, "Catch a ride with one of you?"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

What my especially verbose colleague is trying to say is; can we convince one of you fine folk to ferry us to Warden Puddlestomp's domicile? Larum stretched his mouth into a sincere smile, subtly bashing his eyelashes as if the request was as simple as he implied.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Lexara is satisfied with the information. She dosn't so anything letting her companions aquier about other things.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Lyn likewise lets her new associates handle this. Her expression is a solid 'I told you so' when they are directed to the warden.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

"You won't find boats that go there. Don' let the map fool you. The vegetation and mangroves are so thick along the coast, there isn't a spot to set ashore. Your best bet is to follow the Coast road south until you reach the head of the new fishing trail. Should only take a couple of hours on foot. Half that if you have horses, though the swamp is no place for them. " Jargie replies, only slightly disappointed no one ordered a drink.
    by Tomb Raven

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Lyn looks at the others, her face eager. "Guess we need to walk then. Are we ready to go?" she asks.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm all good to go" Lexara gives Lynn a smile. She got to ask her something ones they leave the town.

30. - Top - End - #30

Björn shrugged his shoulders and collected the map. He nodded his shaggy head in appreciation to the barkeep before rising from his seat and heading for the door, björn trundling along after him.