Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Shattered Star (Pathfinder, IC)

Hisako's trademark expression of the dream-like unawareness disappears the moment she creatures appear. Immediately, she rushes towards the nearest imp, her hand reaching for the katana on her waist and drawing it in the same smooth motion she then swings it towards the creature...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Drawing a katana, attaking the creature:
    (1d20+3)[13], (1d20+3)[14], damage (1d8+2)[3]
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Mili draws her Falcata and attacks the small beast going after her companion Dala

Spoiler
    Show
    power attack worse of (1d20+4)[7] (1d20+4)[13] damage if hits: (1d8+9)[10]

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mili's swing is wide of the mark, taking a chunk out of the bookshelf under creature attacking Dala. Hisako's attack draws a shallow gash across its arm of the other creature.

Spoiler: Hisako
    Show
    It feels like the attack should have done more damage than it did

Spoiler: Whisper
    Show
    Roll a d20 plus your caster level to see if your spell hits. D20 special rule applies
    by Tomb Raven

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Whispers spell seems to dissipate upon hitting the creature.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    That is the end of round 1. Asher and Dala are up again
    by Tomb Raven

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Feeling charged up being divine energy, Asher prepares to attack. He decides to help taking down the most aggressive of the two beasts. "Know your place, foul creature!" He swings his morningstar and tries to strike the creature that attacked Dala.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Attack the creaure!
    (1d20+3)[7]
    Damage roll!
    (1d8+3)[11]
    Last edited by DaOldeWolf; 2019-04-07 at 10:17 PM.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the awesome avvy.

Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    It can also turn into a Star wars debate.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Dala

Cursing as her first swing goes wide, Dala is about to hit one of the things when it manages to land a hit on her. She growls and takes another swing, then snaps her impressive tusks at the creature.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Full attack on the nearest kobold (still with the two rolls, I presume?):
    Attack: (1d20+3)[19] (1d20+3)[18]
    Damage: [rol]1d12+4[/roll]

Bite: (1d20-2)[16] (1d20-2)[0]
    Damage: (1d4+1)[4]

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dala's axe however, finds its target, cleaving halfway through the creature. The hit creature falls limply from the shelf it was perched on dead.

Spoiler: Asher
    Show
    Need new action from you as the creature you were next to is dead.
    by Tomb Raven

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

"I suppose that ends that. Well, I suppose its time to takecare of the other." Asher replies with a combination of relief and disappointment. Still, there was one other creature to take care of. He had gained divine power afterall, so he should at least help with fighting. He then tries to attack the other being with his morningstar.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack: (1d20+3)[21]
    Damage:(1d8+3)[8]

On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

"And here..." Hisako states, setting her blade back into the sheath, "is why it was important to check this thing thoroughly before presenting it to Heidmarch-dono. I suppose now we can say with full certainty that the box is both open and isn't trapped..."

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Asher's morning star leaves a visible depression in the creatures skull as he kills it out right.

With all the commotion, Sheila and Koriah enter the room with weapons drawn. As Sheila realizes that the trouble is already sorted, she looks a bit less annoyed. "What happened?" Not waiting for an answer, she continues. "I should have guessed there was more to the box than a simple lock. But it seems you handled it quite capably. I would like to keep hold of the box, but anything in it is yours. You deserve that much for minimizing the damage these Pugwampi could have caused to my library."

"It seems we missed some excitement" Koriah adds. "I hate to leave so soon, but I have business elsewhere that needs attending. I will finish my debrief with you later, Sheila. Take care adventurer's." With that said, Koriah leaves and shuts the door behind her.

Sheila settles herself into a chair. "“First, allow me to apologize for that unpleasantness regarding the gremlins—but it does provide an excellent object lesson. The life of an adventurer is not one for the weak-hearted. That you not only took care of the gremlins but also got the box open in the first place is all the confirmation I need that my gut was right—you’re the perfect group for the job I have in mind.

You see—I’ve recently had trouble with one of my informants here in Magnimar, Natalya Vancaskerkin. She’s a half-Varisian who recently approached the Pathfinder Society with an offer to serve as a street informant. She runs with the Sczarni—I’m not sure with which group. A week ago, Natalya sent me a cryptic hint that her gang was on the verge of uncovering an item that would be of great interest to the Society. Since the Sczarnis’ methods of uncovering something often involves an armed robbery or breaking into somebody’s personal chambers, we thought it prudent not to press for further details and instead wait to see what it would produce. Suffice it to say, she hinted strongly that it pertained to Thassilon, and promised to meet with me to discuss this find three days ago.

She never kept that promise—instead, she seems to have simply vanished. Initially, I assumed that the acquisition of this item was simply taking longer than expected, but now I’m hearing rumors that the Sczarni are looking for her as well.

It seems likely that Natalya has absconded with this item she’s discovered. And this is where you enter, my friends. I want to know what it was that Natalya and the Sczarni found. In fact, I’m more interested in that than in what happened to Natalya herself. For now, I’d like to keep all of this quiet—if you can find out what happened to Natalya without letting a lot ofpeople know she was also working for me as an informant, that would be preferable—that’s a big part of why I’m coming to you, as new members of the Pathfinder Society, with this task. You don’t yet have a reputation in Magnimar, and as such, the lowlifes and criminals you are likely to encounter may be more likely to talk.

So... go out there and look for Natalya. Find out what happened to her, and to this item she and her gang discovered. If you can secure the item, all the better—bring it back to me and I’ll have a reward of 500 gold pieces for you. And if you can bring Natalya back alive for me to speak to, I’ll double that!
    "

Spoiler: Loot
    Show
    The items in the box are: three garnets (50gp each), a masterwork silver dagger and a ring of feather falling. Also award 200xp to your characters
    Last edited by hobbes543; 2019-04-08 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Forgot the loot!
    by Tomb Raven

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Mili is clearly upset at how ineffective she proved in combat, sheathing her blade in disappointment. "We will find this Natalya and return her unharmed. Iomadae will guide us to her, the Sczarni will not stop us. I admit I am at a loss of where to start though as kicking down the doors or gangs and bashing heads in likely won't work for this mission, at least not at first."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Asher was glad that the fight was over and yet the excitement from the battle left him wanting a bit more. "It was no problem. The five of us here could handle the situation quite well but thanks for the concern." He wonders about the situation with Natalya after being brought up as the next mission. "Well, where should we start?" Heasks his fellow companions in hopes of suggestions especially to those who lived here.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Dala

Dala rubs her side. It's a bit sore from where the creature hit her. Still, the fight went pretty well all things considered. These people seem to be able to take good care of themselves. As Sheila explains, Dala listens intently, occasionally nodding. "We'll find her. Don't worry about that."

At Asher's question, she ponders for a moment. "Well hmm... I'd say we find a tavern in Sczarni territory and find someone willing to talk to us. Say we're looking for Natalya for a totally unrelated reason. Maybe she owes one of us money, or she's a long-lost relative of one of us?" She nods at Mili at her last suggestion. "If we find someone drunk enough, who knows what we may find out."
    Last edited by BramsesII; 2019-04-09 at 03:10 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Halfling in the Playground

Whisper was elated someone had died. She loved sending souls about there way to Pharasma'sJudgment. She never hoped for anyone to die, but she definitely wasnt sad about it either. She moved from her statuesque stance as the fight was over and drew spirals over each creature. She had no idea how they would be judged, only that they, like every mortal creature that dies, would be. Snow eyeing Sheila as she talks takes a spot in front of her, his unblinking gaze set. Whisper continues, undaunted as Sheila describes what she needs from the group.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

"There are many sczarni gangs in the city. Unfortunately I don't know which gang Natalya ran with. Part of our agreement gave her quite a bit of freedom to manage as she saw fit. The main gangs in the city are the Creepers, Doolun’s Lads, the Gallowed, the Tower Girls, the Washside Wringers, and the Wreckwash Blades. I believe the Gallowed are the largest though.

She initially contacted me through an old fortune teller in Washer's Row. The Amazing Zograthy was what he goes by. Perhaps he knows how to find her?
    " Sheila thinks for a moment. "Oh, and I have heard rumors of Nidalese slavers abducting people off the streets by the docks. Or, perhaps she got picked up by the guard. Asking around the Arvensoar might provide useful."
    by Tomb Raven

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

"Guard..." Hisako says, "Will want their own questions asked before they answer ours, I suspect. And slavers... even if they know something about our target... would have to be found themselves. Of course, we always can get lucky, they can... volunteer to be qustioned by us... but besides that, the fortune-teller seems the most reliable source of information. Washer's Row... where is it?" she looks at her companions, expecting them to know the layout of the city better.

Extended signature

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

Show
    Campaign Google PowerPoint Started a google presentation with a map of Magnimar with the areas of interest pointed out. This will be a living document with maps added as we go. It is open to edit. (so you can move your characters during battles mainly) Feel free to add slides to keep notes on ect. When ever I make an update I will post the link in a spoiler as well
    by Tomb Raven

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Mili takes a moment to mill over her companion's suggestions. "The fortune teller sounds like the better bet to me, although I'm not entirely certain why. Perhaps it is Iomadae's guiding me."

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Dala

Dala nods. "Sure. We can talk to the amazing Zograthy. If he knows Natalya, he may know more about where to find her. Also, if we're contacting only one person, it's less likely everyone and their dog will find out someone's looking for her."

20. - Top - End - #50
    Halfling in the Playground

Whisper finishes her task and stands back to her face down, head covered usual position, though she does show slight interest when Iomadae is mentioned. She knows the goddess Iomadae holds a long standing, near eternal grudge against Pharasma, for things that happened more than a lifetime ago.
    Snow, being the ever passive aggressive antagonist decides it best to well......antagonize.

"A worshipper of the great and powerful Iomadae huh?" his sarcasm is blatant. "Tell me, does she still hold it against others when they simply perform the tasks they are supposed too?" he cackles and circles overhead of Mili.

"You will cease, I enjoy the company of these people as of now. If you insult any of them again you will be sent back to the Boneyard and explain to Morigna why I seen it necessary to do so." only audible to the bird, and in his own head, but if others could hear it, it would sound like one of the most threatening yells they had ever heard. Whisper was serious too.
    Last edited by Hiei; 2019-04-11 at 07:38 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Mili almost lashes out at the bird flying about her but restrains herself, "If those tasks are in support of evil then yes, watch that you do not cross that line little bird."
    Last edited by twistedraja; 2019-04-11 at 08:55 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Asher tries to redirect the conversation back to reaching the actual goal. "I agree with the plan of searching for this fortune teller. We can sort out the details when we get there. Lets just hope we can make an appealing deal with her." Asher replies pondering about the situation and the posible difficulties that they may face.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

After making your way across the city, you arrive at Washer's Row. The smell of cleaning chemicals from the open air laundries that give the street it's name hang in the air. Residents move through the street quickly, either doing business with one of the laundries or heading to the southern end of the street.

At the southern end of Washers’ Row, a tattered banner hanging over the entrance to the small side street advertises “Professor Callivario’s Stupendous Exhibition of the Outrageous and Sublime.” Beyond this overly exuberant advertisement is a squalid setup consisting of little more than a series of rundown sideshow booths and carts with assorted games and amusements of the meaner sort. To one side, urchins pitch pennies at lily pads floating in a small, scum-covered fountain while a bored carnie looks on. Nearby, the sound of cats hissing and fighting arises from behind a cart where a small crowd of ne’er-do-wells has gathered to cheer and place bets. Everywhere lurk faces pinched with suspicion or hunger—expressions worn by carnival workers and visitors alike. This is not the sort of place to be careless with a coin pouch.
    by Tomb Raven

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Asher has mixed feelings about the place. The smells came out as a bit strong for someone with strong senses like him. Asher decides to ignore his feelings for the time being and start asking around for the direction to the fortune teller. He imagines that since there is many people on the streets, it shouldnt be too hard to be guided into the right direction. "Excuse me. Can you help us? We are looking for a fortune teller that goes by the name of Zograthy." If the person doesnt know or isnt interested in speaking, he thanks them for their time and moves on to the next one.

Show

Diplomacy (1d20+10)[27]

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Zograthy? He can be found in his tent over there" the pedestrian points at a ragged looking tent made of blue cloth with stars and moons sewn on the fabric.
    by Tomb Raven

26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Mili will try to be in the front of the group as they head towards the tent. She calls out at the front of the tent. "Zograthy, are you there?" and waits for a response before doing anything.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Asher follows Mili to the tent. He wonders about the appearance of their mysterious contact though he couldnt think much considering he still was trying to withstand the strong smells in the area. I just hope we leave this place soon. He thinks while they wait outside the tent.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

While Mili waits fir the response, Hisako just hangs around, pretending to be just a curious foreigner... which, admittedly, doesn't take much pretending.

Extended signature

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Come in! Come in! The Amazing Zography knows all. He knows your past, present and future!"

As you enter the tent you see an aged bald Varisian man seated behind a table. The table is covered in a dark blue cloth with a star and moon motif. On it are a dusty crystal ball and a dog-eared harrow deck. The rest of the tent is cluttered with various odds and ends.

"The Amazing Zograthy sees all and knows all. A double fist of silver for a turn of the cards or a vision in the crystal; a treble fist of gold for the secrets of the multiverse."

Show
    The presentation has been update with a picture of Zography
    by Tomb Raven

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Dala

Dala hangs back for the moment. Mili and Asher seem to be quite willing to take the lead, and so the half-orc just falls into her natural role of looking intimidating and not saying much. She keeps her eyes peeled for any possible threats or unsavory people that might do them harm.