The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 272
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Stevesciguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In your base
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    "I call it. I'll try and ground it once it gets close. Can't guarantee it'll work, though - I'm good, but I haven't seen one of these things yet, so no promises."
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-10-23 at 12:45 PM.
    Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

  2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Shiori smiles at Hitomi. Why do we fight THEM? Because everyone else can't. If I let them fall to this meaningless beast, how can I say I'm defending them? Besides-- He sends across an image: a larger hanyangi, roaring into the chamber only to be stopped cold by a circle of Shiori's wooden shields. A moment later, several glaives shoot out from the shields, impaling the hanyangi multiple times. --you are here to keep me alive, and I am here to keep you alive.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

  3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Defined on all R
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorni View Post
    "Well... yes. I can try blocking the screech again. But I won't be able to protect you if we're all spread out. I mean- I can only make a snow mound appear within arms's reach. And this far underground maybe I should try an earth wall instead? I... might be able to clog up some of the tunnels at least. Would that help?"
    "You'd only need to protect the bait...but only within arm's reach? Mmm. Forget it, then. They'll have to endure it." Tsugiharu replied, waving his hand. "And no, leave the tunnels be, they're our escape routes. But...hmm. Can you make a pillar to give Nezu high ground?"
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

    Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

  4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground
     
    tonberryking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wandering
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Kotetsu sighs as she doesn't draw her sword.

    "I... am relatively fast. Perhaps faster than the rest of you." she seems to be holding some snippet of information back, a terrible liar/witholder it would seem, but she doesn't go further, I have neither bow nor reach but if I can get the thing to chase me in a full on run I imagine that I can outpace it. And I have a trick to save myself if I cannot. And since the bait isn't going to be all by themselves fighting this thing, but leading it back to the 'pack', then speed and agility are all that matter. Also I'm tired of having to run at these monsters; for once I'd rather be in striking reach much sooner than having to bound through a copse of trees to hit something while the rest of your prepare something to smash at it.

    Spoiler: OOC/rolls
    Show

    I absolutely love how everyone's volunteered.

    But still:

    (1d20+1)[8] Abysmal diplomacy check ahead.

    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

    "Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

  5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Adarata jammed the end of his weapon against the stone - he seemed about ready to fling it across the room, but he quickly regained his composure.

    "Kotetsu, it's...twelve paces from the centre of the room to the edge. If you have the spark, that distance will not be enough to hinder you. You do not need to run anywhere or draw anything out, we are squatting in this small cramped space because it is an advantage to us to fight here. We...actually, in fact?"

    His eyes glanced over the various paths and openings around the room.

    "Nobody leaves this chamber. Nobody goes into the corridors. It is no bother to me if you are an archer or something of the sort; do not step out of the room. I believe I confused some of us when I suggested shooting from the corridors, so just forget it and stay in the chamber. This should not be difficult to get a grip on, it's a short-form circle-and-clinch assault. Truly, I was taught this strategy when I was nine years old, by my father and his brothers. Peasants understand this manoeuvre and can perform it adequately under threat of death. We are Phoenix students. There is no excuse for not understanding this plot. The beast will appear, hopefully it will use its shriek, and then everybody advances and attacks. That's it. That's the strategy. Please do not put your friends' lives at risk with needless over-complication."

  6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dorni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    "Ye- Yeah, I can do that," Nari answered Tsugiharu.

    "He may be indelicate, but Izuka is right," Saori agreed quickly, before the other students could respond. The room had gone quiet at the unexpected command. Satomi's eyes had narrowed angrily at being compared less favorably to a peasant child.

    "I'm sure many of you have prior training at this, but we're not used to working together in a team this size yet. We should keep our strategy simple. We draw the Hanyangi in this room and encircle it. Be careful when it focuses on you and attack when focuses on someone else. Circle and Cinch. Its simple and effective. We can do this." One by one the rest of the class started to nod in agreement.

    "So who's going to be the third man in the middle?"

    "I think-"
    "I'll-"
    "I will do it." Hitomi's declaration allowed no room for dissent.

    "Hitomi, was it? Are you sure that-"

    "Yes. Just another eyeless one."

    "o...k..."

    That settled, the rest of the class started to spread out around chamber. Satomi herself looked like she had something to say, but after a moment let it go and stalked to the edge of the chamber near Kaede. But just as the students were settling into position, a thought slid across Shiori's mental link. No echos.

    Indeed, at some point during the strategy discussion the eerie howls echo from the tunnels had stopped. It comes.

    Just as the thought slid across your conscious, there was a flash of movement. Not from the tunnels - but from above them. And then an ear splitting shriek that was almost physical filled the cavern, echoing off the walls of the enclosed chamber and sparing no one. Splitting pain filled your ears feeling like someone had taken a knife to them and the vibrations could be felt deep in your bones.

    Weapons clattered to the floor as your classmates slumped to the ground, but you somehow managed to keep your feet. After what seemed like eternity the assault abated.

    The Hanyangi hadn't approached from one of the tunnels along the chamber's floor. It stood at the lip of one of the tunnels connected halfway up the chamber's height. The beast dwarfed the hanyangi you had battled earlier, standing nearly twice the height of a man had it been standing. This was not merely a larger version of the beasts battled earlier. It had evolved. This beast was hunched over and so thick and muscled it looked like it had more in common with a bear than those younglings. The second set of limbs had grown, becoming as thick and strong as its main arms and ending in the same wicked claws.

    The beast had its eyeless head cocked to one side as its ears swiveled, surveying the effect of its attack on the fledgling warriors below. Evidently it liked what it saw, because its lips pealed back from its fangs in an expression that was unmistakable. The monster bounded off the ledge, guided by its 4 wings to its prey below.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Here we go!

    There will be no surprise round. By GM Fiat, the monster will go first this encounter and will spend its turn doing the above. Also by GM Fiat, only one of your classmates will start the encounter not being Paralyzed by the monster. That ally is: (1d8)[8] Saori Also Also by GM Fiat, all PCs managed endure and be unaffected by the opening attack. These effects will cancel out and the team gains 1 floating Victory Point.

    Spoiler
    Show
    1: Kaede
    2: Satomi
    3: Hitomi
    4: Reiko
    5: Jiyuna
    6: Nezu
    7: Nari
    8: Saori


    There will be some Special Rules in play.

    Shake it Off: As a Standard Action, you may attempt to encourage, sooth, or otherwise induce an ally to shake off the effects of the Hanyangi Pack Lord's Paralysis. You may choose 1 ally currently affected by the Pack Lord's Sonic Screech. That ally receives a new save. You may spend a VP as part of this action to skip the Save and have the ally automatically recover from the Paralysis. The ally will act on the players' initiative next turn.

    Evolved Demon Beast: The Hanyangi Pack Lord has absorbed so many soul stones that it has evolved to a new level. It may act twice on its initiative. However, its total movement may not exceed its normal total movement. It may double-move with 2 move actions, but it may not trade a standard action for movement and triple-move if it does so. It may not Run twice. If it is affected by a movement-impairing effect that effect applies across all its movement modes. The Evolved Demon Beast may not focus all of its attacks on a single target: if there are multiple valid targets that are within its reach and threaten the Evolved Demon Beast, it must spread its attacks among at least two targets. If there is only one such target within its reach, it may use all of its attacks against that target as normal. (DM Note: Translation - you will not get full-attacked twice or similarly focus fired unless you're the only available reasonable target.)

    Easy Prey: The Hanyangi Pack Lord's shriek is capable of Paralyzing targets, making them easy prey. In any round in which there are no characters which threaten the Hanyangi, it will seek out a paralyzed target. You may spend a HP on the character's behalf to use the Heroic Resolve effect to reduce damage for an attack. This will have the additional effect of disallowing the Pack Lord from using Coup de Grace attacks for that turn. If instead the Pack Lord manages to slay an NPC, the PCs will gain a floating VP as a Complication.


    This is the final battle of this adventure. Victory Points will reset after this.
    Map
    All PCs are on Turn
    Last edited by Dorni; 2019-11-03 at 06:59 PM.
    Everyone makes mistakes. Our fate and our character is not determined by the mistakes we make, but by how we react to them.

  7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Defined on all R
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    [I]Ah, of course. From above.[I] Tsugiharu thought, feeling weirdly detached as the screech crashed on the students and he recalled an oft recited maxim of the Kuroda instructors - assumption is the mother of all f**k ups.

    Fortunately, he was in a position where the screech didn't quite reach, or perhaps where its echoes destructively interfered; either way, he managed to endure...but the same couldn't be said for most of the others, and worse, they seemed pretty out of it. They didn't seem entirely unconscious, but who to wake first? They needed to hit hard, and have staying power, and...

    "Wake Yumi!" he yelled at Saori, as time seemed to return to its normal speed and he dashed forward; from what he had seen, it would be best to let her join the fight from the start, but he couldn't yet do it himself - he had to buy Adarata and Shiori some breathing room while anyone who could closed in to engage.

    His chakram glinted at the light of the torches as he drew it, only to disappear immediately leaving his hand - and reappearing when it was but mere inches from its target, with its load of corrupted ki.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move: R11>Q12>P13>O14>O16 + draw chakram.
    Swift: Dizzying Venom Prana.
    Standard: Attack with Dimensional Strike at (@+4 from BotN, hanyangi is flat-footed) (1d20+10)[28]. On a hit:
    • Chakram (1d8+2)[7] damage;
    • BotN (1d6)[4] damage;
    • DS (1d6)[3] damage;
    • DVP: Staggered for 1 round (no save). 2 Wis damage (Fort DC 19 negates).

    Active effects
    Body of the Night.

    Maneuvers
    Dimensional Strike
    Disturbing Blow
    Dizzying Venom Prana
    Hunting Serpent Blow
    Sting of the Asp
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

    Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

  8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    "All of our advantage!" Adarata looked around for a second in dismay before steeling himself, and staring dead-on at the Hanyangi.

    "Right then. I'll flank this monstrosity!"

    With a nod to Shiori, he darted around the beast's reach, going for the corners behind it. When he arrived, he found the unconscious Satomi and Kaede, who he could not help but to stop by. "Are you wounded, classmates? Come on, on your feet!"

    Making up for the lost time, he leaped upwards and backwards, spinning around to land in a low crouch at the very rear of the monster.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Free Action: Prepare Leaping Dragon.
    Move Action: To J26.
    Standard Action: Revive Kaede, spending a VP to auto-succeed.
    Swift Action: Leaping Dragon into K24.

    Current Stance: Momentum (+1).
    Manoeuvres Readied: Leaping Dragon.

  9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Shiori lets out his breath in a slow sigh after the scream fades. Now, finally, all makes sense.

    He turns to Hitomi, frozen next to him, and lays a hand on her shoulder. It is not the time to become as statues, 'Mi. Wake."

    Moving past his slowly-awakening cousin, Shiori walks calmly up to the massive monster, drawing his flail and settling his shield in place.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Standard Action: Awaken Hitomi, spending 1 VP to auto-succeed.

    Move Action: Shift to N21.

    If anyone within 60 feet of Shiori is attacked by the Hanyangi Pack Lord, Shiori will activate Fear the Reaper as a reaction.

    Default Stance: Unbroken Stride

    Readied Maneuvers:
    Harmony-Shattering Strike
    Drowned Aggression
    Body of Delusion
    Fear the Reaper
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2019-11-07 at 09:22 PM.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

  10. - Top - End - #250
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Stevesciguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In your base
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    "Now this is gonna be a good one!"

    By all appearances, Wulfric seems to be excited, despite several of his classmates being paralyzed by the creature's shriek. He deftly bounds the small distance between the beast and him, coming up on Shiori's right. Wulfric flashes a quick cocky grin before lashing out with his chain, aiming to wrap it around the hanyangi's limbs.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Move Action: move to m21
    This moves Wulfric 10 feet, so he gains a +2 dodge to AC, and a +2 competence to reflexes this turn

    Standard Action: Maneuver: Binding Constrictor
    This lets Wulfric make a normal attack. On a successful hit, he gets a free grapple attempt, which he adds half of his initiator level to(just +1 for now)

    Attack Roll: (1d20+10)[26](flanking bonus already added)
    Damage Roll: (2d4+5)[9]
    Grapple Attempt if Successful Hit: (1d20+8)[14] used VP to reroll, now a 19
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-11-08 at 11:02 PM.
    Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

  11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dorni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    The Hanyangi's sonic attack had driven Saori to her knees while clutching her head, but when it abated she had been able to struggle back to her feet. She opened one eye to focus on Tsugiharu when he called her name and gave a weak nod in response. One unsteady followed another until she was at Yumi's side.

    As rattled as Saori had been, Yumi had fared worse. She lay on the ground unmoving, staring blankly up at the cavern roof. She gave a weak twitch here and there - the sonic assault left her conscious but had cost her all motor control. Saori bent over and laid a hand on Yumi's shoulder. "Yumi, listen to me," she encouraged her teammate while giving her a light shake. "That's it, focus on me. Shake it off - you can do this. You're better than this thing." Yumi started to shake...

    And Saori stepped away from her struggling friend, her steps gaining strength as she moved toward the fray. She started to sing as she walked - and the war chant echoed off the cavern walls, reverberating back like it had been taken up by a dozen throats, filling everyone who heard it with new strength.

    Adarata was greeted by the sight of Kaede and Satomi sprawled bonelessly on the cavern floor. At his words Kaede briefly stopped her twitching...
    "HAI!" her shout rang out. Adarata could even feel a brief pulse of... something on his cheeks accompanying with the shout.

    Spoiler: Tsuigharu, Lash, Kotetsu, or Knowledge: Martial DC 10
    Show
    Yep, definitely a ki pulse that she emitted.


    Kaede snapped her arms up over her head, rolled back onto her shoulders and kicked up, flipping herself back to her feet. "Oh, that was cheap you monster. But I am going to take you apart!" Her smile ear-to-ear smile was energetic - but her eyes were serious.

    In contrast to Kaede, at Shiroi's words Hitomi's eyes merely flicked open again. Right. Its never a good time for statues. The girl reclaimed her massive glaive and rose to her feet.

    Lash's chain snapped out and wrapped around the creature. It didn't react to the chain immediately - evidently the spikes embedded in its length weren't causing it too much pain through its thick fur and hide, but the creature immediately braced against the chain only to find itself unable to retreat. The chain had dug in enough that the beast wasn't able to shake and throw it off right away, restricting its movement.

    While the monster started thrashing in its bonds, Kotetsu raced in. Bounding lightly across the cavern floor, she leaped through the air to close the gap, one hand on her sheath and the other ready to draw as she sailed toward the monster.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Saori
    Standard: Wake Yumi. Yumi gets a new save: Fort DC 17 vs Paralyzing Screech: (1d20+6)[24] Resists
    Move: To Q24
    Stance: Font of Inspiration.

    Kotetsu
    Move: To K17
    Swift: Aerial Leap to K21 - DC 21 Athletics: (1d20+9)[17] Nope. Acrobatics DC 15 to negate AoOs: (1d20+12)[25] No AoOs
    Standard: If Aerial Leap was successful, Attack Hanyangi with Lesser Divine Wind Strike at (1d20+7)[12]. On hit, (1d8+2)[6] + (1d6)[4] Skirmish + (1d6)[5] LDW damage.
    If not successful, Move to K23. Acrobatics DC 15 to negate AoOs: (1d20+12)[24] No AoO

    Stance: Phantasmal Blade Stance
    Maneuvers:
    Mizuchi
    Aerial Leap
    Lesser Divine Wind Strike
    Lesser Divine Wind Strike
    Crawling Ivy Strike
    Last edited by Dorni; 2019-11-11 at 09:04 PM.
    Everyone makes mistakes. Our fate and our character is not determined by the mistakes we make, but by how we react to them.

  12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dorni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Demon Beasts were no mindless killers, charging in blindly until their deaths. Even the simplest of animals were capable of looking around them and deciding between fight and flight. Demon Beasts were far from the simplest animals - while young demon beasts were often heedless in their aggression, those that survived learned from their experience and grew into even more cunning killers. The Hanyangi that now towered over the students had lived long enough and absorbed so many soul gems that it had evolved beyond Hanyangi into a Pack Lord of their kind.

    So the fact that it didn't seem at all panicked that it was currently chained up and surrounded by Phoneix students up was a bad sign.

    The monster yanked against Lash's chain, trying to free itself and lashing out at the students within reach.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Pack Lord 1
    Attempt to Escape Grapple at (1d20+14)[23]
    Attack Lash with Claw at (1d20+12)[24]. On hit, (3d6+9)[20] damage. If grapple escape is unsuccessful, this attack incurs a -4 penalty. Staggered

    Pack Lord 2
    Full Attack:
    Attack Shiori with Claw at (1d20+12)[14]. On hit, (3d6+9)[21] damage. Miss
    Attack Kotetsu with Claw at (1d20+12)[18]. On hit, (3d6+9)[22] damage. Miss

    Map
    PCs are on turn
    Last edited by Dorni; 2019-11-12 at 10:15 AM.
    Everyone makes mistakes. Our fate and our character is not determined by the mistakes we make, but by how we react to them.

  13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Defined on all R
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Tsugiharu broke in cold sweat when he saw the Pack Lord swipe his massive claws.

    They needed numbers to overwhelm it...and though the space around the beast was starting to get crowded, there was at least one person who could attack at a distance.

    Sorry, man.

    With a swift motion, he kicked up a small pebble, grabbed it, and threw it at Nezu, hitting him straight in the forehead. A crude method, but the shock would undoubtedly jolt him back to consciousness, and given the circumstances he couldn't waste time to get close and shake him or something. In fact, as soon as the pebble was launched, he darted in the opposite direction, closing on the hanyangi and blinking inside its reach.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Standard: Shake it Off on Nezu, spending a VP.
    Swift: Veiled Moon Style.
    Move: O16 > N17 > M18 > L19 [T>] L21.
    Last edited by Hyperbolic sine; 2019-11-12 at 11:06 AM.

  14. - Top - End - #254
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Stevesciguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In your base
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Wulfric strains against the creature's thrashing, but he isn't able to keep it in check. He quickly unravels his chain before the beast can tear it from his hands.

    "Gah! Thought I had it."

    With a frustrated grunt, Wulfric swings his weapon at the creature, going for raw power over any tactical planning. Then he steps back a bit to ready himself for retaliation.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Attack Roll(+2 flanking, -2 power attack): (1d20+8)[11]
    Damage Roll(+4 power attack): (2d4+9)[17]

    If the Hanyangi attacks him, Wulfric will use his Dance of Chains counter. (Lets him make a free grapple attempt. A success doesn't stop the attack, but does give it a -4 penalty)

    This was the pin roll. Just leaving it here to keep the red text away: (1d20+7)[10]
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-11-12 at 12:56 PM.
    Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

  15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Izuka went into a mighty whirl, spinning about and crashing his stick against the Hanyangi so that it would be between the two of them. Then, he attempted a manoeuvre that he wasn't very good at, jumping up to plant his feet on its hide and kick himself away, rolling back to his feet out of range.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Prepare Stick and Move.

    Standard Action: Stick and Move the Pack Lord, Power Attack 2, Flanking, bonus from Saori. Attack (1d20+8)[15] for (1d6+13)[18] bludgeoning damage. Survival (1d20+8)[22] - if this roll beats its AC, Adarata moves to J26 without provoking AoOs. +2 to the Survival check if the attack hits.
    Move Action: Run around for a bit to get up to 30 feet movement this turn - finish in J27. If I didn't get free movement from Stick and Move, I will attempt to tumble away from the Pack Lord as part of this action; Acrobatics (1d20+9)[12].

    Current Stance: Momentum (+2).
    Manoeuvres Readied: Stick and Move.

  16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground
     
    tonberryking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wandering
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Well she's in for it now. Up close to the giant monster Kotetsu tries to push out any sense that she could die at any moment and just goes for the gusto. She attempts to roll to another side of the Hanyangi, attempting to flank before her dueling sword arcs out in what is becoming her trademarked crossed slashes.

    Spoiler: ooc/rolls
    Show

    Attempting an acrobatic tumble to move ten feet, preferably to the southeast and enter flanking with literally anybody she can against this beast, followed by a Mizuchi empowered by skirmish:

    Acrobatics: (1d20+12)[27]
    Attack 1 (1d20+9)[27]
    Attack 2 (1d20+9)[29]

    Damage 1 (1d8+2)[5]
    Skirmish 1 (1d6)[4]
    Damage 2 (1d8+2)[5]
    Skirmish 2 (1d6)[3]
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

    "Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

  17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Shiori doubles over Lash as the Hanyangi slashes down at him, letting out a short tsk of annoyance as he feels the blow rip past his defenses and strike into Lash behind him despite his efforts. He swings his flail high overhead and down at the Hanyangi's wing; at the same time, Shiori begins to shift and shake, his limbs contorting at odd angles.

    Shiori turns to glance at Hitomi, an after-image of his face continuing to watch the creature. Step in, 'Mi; now we're in a nightmare, let's find our way out as always.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Swift Action: Switch Stances from Unbroken Stride to Unnatural Presence. All allies adjacent to Shiori gain +2 AC, -1 to Will saves.

    Move Action: None.

    Standard Action: Attack Hanyangi Pack Lord 1. (1d20+6)[14] On a hit, Damage: (1d8+2)[9]

    Stance: Unnatural Presence

    Readied Maneuvers:
    Harmony-Shattering Strike
    Drowned Aggression
    Body of Delusion
    Fear the Reaper
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dorni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Saori raised her longsword and warily approached the Hanyangi, careful to keep on guard and not leaving any openings. Her swordsmanship was adequate, but it was her singing that impressed. Her war chant was echoing off the caverns and turning the song into a cacophony, but Saori adjusted her pitch and started singing in harmony... with her own echos. The song solidified and intensified, becoming a driving, pounding anthem that seemed to come from the very walls!

    "AAAAAAAHH!" Yumi joined the battle with a wordless cry. She charged the monster with her scythe held high. At the last moment she didn't leap, instead lowering her shoulder and slashing down with her scythe in a controlled blitz.

    Spoiler: Shiori
    Show
    Yumi called her crimson chain again, this time embedding itself in the Pack Lord

    Her blitz, however, had nothing on Kaede's. In contrast to the other heavily armed and armored students, Kaede cut a unique figure in only her gi and bandage-wrapped hands. But if there were any doubts that she was taking the demon beasts they stood against too lightly, those vanished.

    "For White Cloud!" She took her first step toward the beast, planted her foot in the ground - and accelerated so quickly she all but vanished. She didn't charge in a straight line, instead advancing in a zigzag and changing direction so abruptly that she appeared to flicker from place to place. With a final flicker she appeared almost underneath the monster and her arms blurred with the speed of her punches.

    In contrast to Kaede's rush, Hitomi took a single pace forward and planted herself next to her big brother, whirling what monstrous glaive overhead and striking at the beast. Some kind of dark, unnatural energy shrouded the blade. Through the mental bond everyone glimpsed an image of a shining glaive and shield trapped inside a storm of pitch black clouds. Where they struck, the shadows parted. Though there were no words, you could feel a deep agreement radiating from the thought.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Saori
    Move: To O23
    Free: 5ft step to N23
    Free: Trade 2 Tempo for 1 round of Bardic Performance
    Standard: Begin Bardic Performance: Inspire Courage.
    Stance: Font of Inspiration

    Yumi
    Swift: Claim Pack Lord
    Full Round: Charge Pack Lord with Bronze Lancet Charge. Move to M24. Attack at (1d20+14)[34]. On hit, (3d6+8)[17] damage. Hit. Crit does not confirm.
    Stance: Black Heron's Stance

    Kaede
    Swift: Initiate Superhuman Reflexes
    Move: Initiate Velocity Dodge. Move 30ft to L24. Acrobatics to avoid AoOs: (1d20+11)[24]
    Standard: Attack Pack Lord with Flurry Strike.
    Attack Pack Lord at (1d20+19)[23]. On hit, (1d8+7)[8] + (1d6)[1] Hit
    Attack Pack Lord at (1d20+19)[29]. On hit, (1d8+7)[8] + (1d6)[5] Hit. Crit Confirms. 11 bonus damage
    Stance: Pugilist Stance

    Hitomi
    Swift: Claim Pack Lord 1 (1 round)

    Stance: Pale Horseman's Reckless Harvest
    Move: to N20
    Standard: Attack with Strike The Hourglass at (1d20+10)[13]. On hit, (1d12+9)[17] and Pack Lord 1 rolls Will DC 15 (1d20+4)[22] or be restricted to a single action on its turn. Miss
    Last edited by Dorni; 2019-11-14 at 10:55 PM.
    Everyone makes mistakes. Our fate and our character is not determined by the mistakes we make, but by how we react to them.

  19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dorni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Blades, staves and fists rained down on the Pack Lord from the assembled students. Though the creature's hide was thicker than most armor, the students no easy prey and drew blood.

    But for all the wounds they were drawing, they had yet to draw the kind of deep wound that could slow the creature down. There was just so much of the hanyangi, and the demon beasts had a supernatural energy that gave them fortitude beyond that of any animal their size.

    The Pack Lord's lashed out again with its terrible claws, seeking the gnat who'd drawn two crimson lines in its hide- Kotetsu. Then those wicket claws continued their scything to Kaede and her unarmored form.

    Even as it frenzied, it lifted its head and... well, it didn't screech. There was no ear-splitting howl this time. Instead, you just heard a clicking noise moments before a searing, sickening, dizzying pain erupted in your ears, like your head was being crushed in a vice of sound waves.

    Spoiler: Insight, Knowledge: Martial, or Knowledge: Demon Beast DC 15
    Show
    The Hanyangi is taking a deep breath and gathering energy - Pack Lord 2 is going to unleash its Paralyzing Screech next turn unless stopped

    Spoiler
    Show
    Pack Lord 1
    Full Attack:
    Attack Kaede with Claws at (1d20+12)[13]. On hit, [3d6+9[/roll] damage Miss
    Attack Kotetsu with Claws at (1d20+12)[24]. On hit, [3d6+9[/roll] damage Potential Hit. 22 damage rolled OOC

    Pack Lord 2
    Move: nah
    Standard: Lesser Sonic Screech. All enemies within 15ft take (3d6)[9] Sonic damage and be Sickened for 1 round. Reflex DC 17 halves the damage and negates the Sicken.
    Yumi: (1d20+3)[20] Saves
    Saori: (1d20+5)[11] Fail
    Hitmoi: (1d20+3)[15] Fail
    Kaede: (1d20+10)[28] Saves

    Map
    All PCs are on Turn
    Last edited by Dorni; 2019-11-15 at 12:28 AM.
    Everyone makes mistakes. Our fate and our character is not determined by the mistakes we make, but by how we react to them.

  20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground
     
    tonberryking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wandering
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Kotetsu lets out an odd cry, almost too high pitched for her to have made, and then with a stamp of her feet she takes into the air, kicking up and going even further than expected...and then she drops. Plummets but with a twisting spin she tries to bury her blade into the Hanyanagi as deeply as possible.

    Spoiler: OOC/rolls
    Show


    Aerial Leap/Acrobatics check:

    (1d20+12)[27]

    Attack, still w/ flanking: (1d20+9)[26]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[5]
    Skirmish: (1d6)[2]

    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

    "Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

  21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Shiori sees the Hanyangi slash towards Kotetsu, even as his ears become endless wells of pain. He forces himself to concentrate through the pain, and--

    A grey white shield, emanating FEAR

    Shiori straightens up and wipes unsteadily at his mouth, ignoring the trickles of blood running from his ears. His face locked in a grimace, he loops his mace around to catch the Hanyangi deep in its chest, the spiked end humming and jittering with unnatural power. Even as he strikes, Shiori's shield sags down a few inches, as though it had suddenly become too heavy to hold. Hit it hard, now! he calls out over his Collective's link.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move Action: Using Aid Another via Compartmentalized Aid on Shiori himself to recover Fear the Reaper and activate Zeal. (1d20+4)[24] vs. DC 10. Regardless of success or failure, all allies in Shiori's Collective (including Shiori) gain a +1 to Attack Rolls this round, and Shiori recovers Fear the Reaper (Unless Fear the Reaper is counted as activating on Shiori's turn; if so, it remains expended for now). On a success, Shiori gains +2 to his attack roll. Full Success!

    Standard Action: Attack Hanyangi Pack Lord with Harmony-Shattering Strike, expending 2pp to up the damage boost by 1d6 and expending Shiori's psionic focus to remove the Will save: (1d20+5)[14] Rerolled 25 in the OOC (If the above Aid Another was successful, add 2 to this roll) On a hit, Damage: (1d8+2)[10]; in addition, all allies gain +2d6 damage on all attacks against the Hanyangi Pack Lord this round.

    After the Attack Resolves: "Focused Shield" ceases to be effective. Shiori loses 1 AC.

    Stance: Unnatural Presence

    Readied Maneuvers:
    Harmony-Shattering Strike
    Drowned Aggression
    Body of Delusion
    Fear the Reaper
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2019-11-18 at 10:45 PM.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

  22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Aye, classmate!

    Scanning the skirmish from afar, Adarata made a lightning-fast judgement.

    "Saori, adjust counter-clockwise!"

    He shot into a run, disappearing for a second down the large western corridor. There was a great shout, and then he came barrelling back out with his stick raised in front of him, much as the roaring vanguard at the head of a charge. Rolling into an opening between the crowded students, he ripped onto the beast's hide with such power and such velocity behind him that there was a crack of frightened air, and a run of static electricity escaping through the pointed tip of the staff.

    "Now everybody, keep its foul snout chained up!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Free Action: Prepare Static Strike.
    Free Action: Requesting Saori to take a 5-foot step downwards (south?).

    Move Action: Moving to H24 and then K22, forgoing diagonal movement to use my full 50 feet.
    Standard Action: Static...STRIKE! Attack (1d20+10)[26] for (1d6+11)[16] bludgeoning damage, plus (2d6)[9] from Shiori. On a hit, Adarata may Bull Rush at (1d20+12)[18]; Hanyangi takes -4 to resist from Tsugiharu. If Bull Rush is successful, Hanyangi takes 11 electricity damage.

    Free Action: Request all NPCs to help Lash keep the monster's mouth shut, by whatever means that they would do such a thing.

    Current Stance: Momentum (+3).
    Manoeuvres Readied: Static Strike.

  23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dorni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Saori's face briefly flashed confusion before understanding dawned and her eyes widened at the opportunity.

    She hastily took a step back and raised her sword to the sky - less for threatening the monster and more for effect. "Everyone together! FOR WHITE CLOUD!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Free: 5ft Step to O24
    Swift: Initiate Encouraging Roar. All allies within 30ft (so, everyone) gains +2 on attack and damage rolls for 1 round.
    Standard: Initiate Pep Talk on Lash. Lash gains +7 to any one d20 roll he makes before the beginning of Saori's next turn.
    Move: Nah, she's good.
    Free: Maintain Inspire Courage
    Free: Spend 1 round of Bardic Performance to activate Snowflake Wardance
    Last edited by Dorni; 2019-11-19 at 12:26 AM.
    Everyone makes mistakes. Our fate and our character is not determined by the mistakes we make, but by how we react to them.

  24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Defined on all R
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Tsugiharu blinked around the Pack Lord, buying those couple of seconds he needed to time his strike with Adarata - and when the farmboy shouted, announcing the imminent impact, he shot forward, piercing the beast's skin with his blade and channelling his ki to momentarily disrupt the creature's own.

    And when it got pushed back, he was ready to thrust at the opening in its defences.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Actions. Extra Damage from Harmony Shattering Strike: (2d6)[8].

    AoO: (+2 flanking, +4 Saori, +1 collective) (1d20+14)[29], crit on 32+; (+4 Saori) (1d6+10)[14] + (2d6)[4], (1d100)[41]. 18 Damage to the Pack Lord.

    Active effects
    Leaping Spirit Dance (+2 AC, +2 Reflex), Veiled Moon Style.

    Maneuvers
    Dimensional Strike
    Disturbing Blow
    Dizzying Venom Prana
    Hunting Serpent Blow
    Sting of the Asp
    Last edited by Hyperbolic sine; 2019-11-27 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Sting of the Asp was NOT expended.
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

    Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

  25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground
     
    tonberryking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wandering
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Nearly out of maneuvers, Kotetsu still acts automatically, without thinking. If they don't get rid of this thing now it's counter will be potentially devastating. She grips her sword with both hands and uses the last trip up her sleeve (aside from...that one...) to bolster her defense as well.

    Spoiler: ooc/rolls
    Show

    Crawling Ivy strike

    (1d20+10)[25]

    +1 to AC on a hit

    Damage: (1d8+2)[5]

    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

    "Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

  26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Shiori, still recovering from his blow to the Hanyangi earlier, snaps his head around as he sees Yumi's scythe swing around. A moment of odd doubling later, and he swings his flail around for another attack, his shield arm pressed to a slowly-seeping wound in his stomach.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    AoO on Hanyangi (+2 for Encouraging Roar, -2 for Sickened, +1 for Zeal): (1d20+7)[22] To hit Pack Lord (1d100)[62] On a hit, Damage: (1d8+4)[9]. Unfortunately, Shiori does not benefit from his own Harmony-Shattering Strike.
    If a 22 hits, that's 9 more damage on the Pack Lord.
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2019-11-23 at 11:28 PM.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

  27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dorni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    As if sensing the Hanyangi readying itself, Lash whipped his chain at the Hanyangi's snout. That screech had paralyzed most of his classmates the first time, he had to stop it from using it again!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Lash
    Standard: Attempt to wrap chain around Hanyangi's snout. Resolved as a Grapple attempt. Lash does not have Improved Grapple; this provokes an AoO from the Hanyangi. In response to this AoO, Lash initiates Dancing Chains. Dancing Chains allows him to attempt to start a grapple without provoking an AoO.
    Free: Initiate Dancing Chains: (1d20+14)[16]. On hit, Grapple (1d20+15)[24] vs Hanyangi (1d20+14)[32]. If successful, Hanyangi takes -4 on its attack. Normal Grapple rules (ie, Mouth is chained up) apply after. Miss
    Hanyangi AoO: [roll]120+12[/roll]. On hit, (3d6+9)[18] damage. On hit, Yumi will initiate Fear The Reaper in response. (1d20+10)[15]. 23 Hits
    Lash's initial grapple attempt: (1d20+14)[15]. On hit, Grapple (1d20+8)[9] vs Hanyangi (1d20+14)[32] Miss
    Move:

    Chaining up its mouth will require a successful grapple check to establish the grapple. While its mouth is chained up, the Hanyangi will be unable to use its Paralyzing Screech. Because you are not trying to chain up its body, while it is grappled like this it does continue to Threaten other squares within its reach and it does not lose its dexterity bonus to AC. Other grapple rules will apply normally. It will need to escape the grapple to regain use of its Paralyzing Screech.
    Last edited by Dorni; 2019-11-26 at 01:53 PM.
    Everyone makes mistakes. Our fate and our character is not determined by the mistakes we make, but by how we react to them.

  28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dorni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    The Pack Lord was a monster. Even hunched over, it towered over the students. It had nothing to fear from any of the children that surrounded it like a cloud of gnats.

    Or so it may have thought, right up until Izuka slammed into it so hard that even the Pack Lord was lifted from its feet and sent sprawling. The students surrounding the beast swarmed the monster, hacking and slashing at the vulnerable creature. These were no mere gnats; fighting monsters was exactly what the students of Phoenix Academy trained for. Their blades bit deep and drew fountains of blood. In mere moments the monster was a bloody, bleeding mess.

    Yumi raised her scythe and roared at the Hanyangi. At the same time, it wasn't just a battle. This roar was a palpable thing of malice and rage. Even just standing nearby, you could feel the fury and the promise of death to come. Then she brought down her scythe, now wrapped in a pitch black sheen.

    "Izuka, that was awesome!" Kaede shouted encouragement as she rushed toward with the scrambling Pack Lord. "Now watch this!" In contrast to the lightning fast barrage of fists she'd launched a moment ago, this time Kaede didn't attack immediately. She planted her feet and took a moment to study the beast, preparing. She must have seen what she was looking for, for in that moment she put her whole body behind a palm strike shrouded in ki... that seemed to ripple outward across the monster from where she struck.

    Hitomi, not the least impressed at Kaede's enthusiasm, grimly circled the monster and kept at work with her glaive. Her weapon disappeared entirely as she swung, only reappearing about to bite into the creature's hide.

    Nezu, recovered from the paralysis in that moment. He rolled high onto his back and kicked up, flipping himself back to his feet and drawing an arrow. The archer drew an arrow with a confident smirk while he took in the brawl. "Izuka, heads up!" he shouted as he fired. The moment the arrow left the bow it was obvious something was wrong about Nezu's shot.

    See, there was nothing unusual about fighting demon beasts or White Cloud warriors employing the bow. They were valuable weapons, irreplaceable in the hands of a skilled archer. But archers almost never worked alone, and as a consequence every warrior family in White Cloud drilled archers in a valuable lesson: never hit your ally by accident. Archers learned early on the careful placement and timing it took to be able to safely fire into a melee, to put their shots on trajectories that wouldn't injure their allies. Sure, it meant that sometimes the archer needed to pass on aiming somewhere that would be devastating if he hit, but it just wasn't worth the risk of friendly fire.

    For warriors battling demon beasts up close, it created a certain predictability. With enough time they could learn when and where an archer behind them would place their shots, and they could use that to their advantage.

    Nezu's shot wasn't like that. He was aiming for the beasts vitals, but Izuka was directly behind the beast. If the beast dodged then Izuka would be right in the arrow's path.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Yumi
    Start of Turn: Gain 1 Vitae
    Free: 5ft step to N24
    Move: Demoralize Hanyangi at (1d20+10)[21] vs Hanyangi (1d20+9)[19]. On success, Hanyangi is Shaken. Shaken
    Standard: Attack with Terrifying Blow. Attack (1d20+16)[22]. On hit, (4d6+12)[23] damage and Hanyangi DC 14 Will (1d20+4)[5] or be Frightened for 1 round. Hit, Frightened
    Stance: Black Heron's Stance

    Kaede
    Move: to Q24. Acrobatics (1d20+11)[27] to avoid AoOs.Avoided
    Standard: Attack Hanyangi with Qi Ripple. Concentration (1d20+8)[22], attack at (1d20+16)[28]. On hit, (1d8+10)[16] + (3d6)[13] damage. If the concentration check succeeds, +2 to attack and Hanyangi Will DC 14 vs Stun (1 round): (1d20+4)[11]. Concentration Succeeds, Hit, Stunned
    Stance: Pugilist Stance

    Hitomi
    Move: To R22. Acrobatics (1d20+8)[15] to avoid AoO.
    Standard: Attack with Dimensional Strike at (1d20+12)[28]. On hit, (1d12+6)[13] + (2d6)[8] damage. Hit
    Stance: Pale Horseman's Reckless Harvest

    Nezu:
    Swift: Initiate Eye of the Needle
    Standard: Attack Hanyangi with Friendly Fire. Designating Izuka. Attack hanyangi at (1d20+17)[32]. If that attack misses, attack targets Izuka at (1d20+13)[18]. On hit, (1d8+9)[17] + (1d6)[6] fire + (2d6)[5] damage. If attack hits Hanyangi, Izuka gets an immediate AoO and Hanyangi Pack Lord is flat footed against this attack. Hit. Izuka gains immediate AoO.
    Stance: Stance of Piercing Rays
    Last edited by Dorni; 2019-11-26 at 03:38 PM.
    Everyone makes mistakes. Our fate and our character is not determined by the mistakes we make, but by how we react to them.

  29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dorni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    The students had set upon the beast with impressive teamwork, quickly turning the beast into a bleeding mess. But this was no normal demon beast, this was a Hanyangi Pack Lord! An evolved demon beast, a mighty beast of its kind. No human could stand against its might! Certainly not a bunch of half-grown whelps! They may have drawn some wounds, but the beast would show them the error of their ways! It threw back its head to unleash its paralyzing screech!

    ..and promptly retched blood and collapsed back to all fours, temporarily overcome by weakness.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hanyangi Pack Lord 1
    Is Dead

    Hanyangi Pack Lord 2
    Is Stunned


    Map
    All PCs are on Turn
    Everyone makes mistakes. Our fate and our character is not determined by the mistakes we make, but by how we react to them.

  30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Defined on all R
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Nice!

    And not only because the screech was stopped (though that was invaluable) - the hanyangi was currently wide open, a chance Tsugiharu couldn't let go. Flickering in an out of the Material as he cosed in on the beast again, he aimed to pierce the creature's throat, his blade coated in strength-sapping ki.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move: L21 > L20 > M20 [T>] N20 [T>] O21.
    Swift: Switch to Body of the Night.
    Standard: Attack Pack Lord 2 with Sting of the Asp. Stunned means no Dex to AC, so I get all the goodies. (+4 from BotN, +2 from Saori's passives, +2 flanking) (1d20+15)[27], crit on 33+.
    On a hit:
    • Weaveblade: (+2 from Saori's passives) (1d6+8)[9] damage;
    • Sting: (1d6)[4] extra damage; 2 Str damage (Fort DC 20 halves; on a failed save, 1d6 damage and 2 Str damage next round);
    • BotN: (1d6)[3] extra damage;
    • DS: (1d6)[4] extra damage.

    Total 20 damage.

    Active effects
    Body of the Night, Veiled Moon Style.

    Maneuvers
    Dimensional Strike
    Disturbing Blow
    Dizzying Venom Prana
    Hunting Serpent Blow
    Sting of the Asp
    Last edited by Hyperbolic sine; 2019-11-27 at 06:02 AM.
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

    Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •