The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 277
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground
     
    tonberryking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wandering
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Running as fast as humanly possible, Koutetsu hauls it, starting in a dead run and the moment before her feet would tread upon the overgrown terrain she leaps into the air, and then seems to kick off the sky itself. She's aiming for the closest tree in her path.

    Spoiler: ooc/rolls
    Show


    So, with a running start she gets +4 to this first check (1d20+13)[17]

    But not this second one, using Aerial Leap: (1d20+9)[15]

    Aiming for the tree at K11


    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

    "Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dorni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Nezu's eyes fill with hope the moment as Izuka bursts through the forest. That hope is dimmed when he realizes that its only Izuka and dashed when Izuka runs past him.

    "Are you crazy?" He shouts as he passes by Izuka. "That's a Hanyangi! There's no way you can handle it alone! We need to run!"

    But rather than keep sprinting, he spits something under his breath and skids to a halt, turning and knocking an arrow. He lets out a deep breath and the tip of the arrow he bursts into flame as he draws and looses the pot-shot at the creature. "Come on!"

    Meanwhile, the bat creature peels its lips back from its fangs in an evil smile as more prey arrives. It launches itself from its perch and dives on Izuka, its terrible claws flashing as it plummets down on him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Kotetsu
    So Kotetsu's goal is to climb the tree at K11 and then be able to jump from tree to tree. Kotetsu can move to K10 and jumps 4ft high with her first move action, then initiates Aerial Leap to jump 2ft higher. With a second move action she can climb the tree at 1/4 of her move speed (10ft), reaching the Understory in K10.

    Nezu
    Cannot beat Tsugiharu's Stealth.
    Move: to T27
    Swift: Change Stance
    Standard: Attack Hanyangi. (1d20+8)[18]. Hit On hit, [roll]1d8+1d6+1[/roll] 7damage
    Spoiler: Knowledge(Martial) DC11
    Show
    Nezu has changed stances to Stance of Piercing Rays (lv 1 Solar Wind). Solar Wind is a common discipline for ranged weapon users. It is a widely known within the city and taught at the Academy.


    Hanyangi
    Full Round: Dive on Izuka. Move to Y27 and attack with Claw: (1d20+10)[30]. Crit Threat On hit, (6d6+12)[28] damage.

    In response to Hanyangi's Dive attack, Nezu Initiates a Counter. (1d20+9)[26]. On hit, half of [roll]1d8+1d6+5[/roll] 3 damage. Hanyangi Fort DC 16: (1d20+8)[10] or have movement stopped at Z27. Hits, Hanyangi fails. Movement stopped at Z27

    If movement is halted, use Sonic Screech. 30ft Cone. Izuka & Nezu (Fort [roll]1d20++[/roll] 18) take (3d6)[12] damage and are Stunned for 1 round. Fort DC 17 halves the damage and negates the stun. This ability can be used again in (1d4+1)[5] rounds. Nezu Resists

    Nezu Rolls
    Spoiler: Knowledge(Martial) DC12
    Show
    Nezu initiated Halting Arrow (Counter) (Falling Star).


    All PCs are on turn
    Last edited by Dorni; 2019-05-30 at 08:11 PM.
    Everyone makes mistakes. Our fate and our character is not determined by the mistakes we make, but by how we react to them.

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    "Auugh!"

    When the sonic screech blasted him, Izuka went to his knees. His stick went to the dirt. He was defenseless, but again he looked over his shoulder to see Nezu.

    "No, there's four more coming, better fighters than me. You don't got to stay here, classmate!"

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Defined on all R
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Tsugiharu winced as the sonic blast hit Adarata - a tree was blocking his sight, but he could feel it reverberating in his bones. He had to hurry.

    "Ṣ̶͕̞͍͙͍̀̓̇͗̚p̵͍͍̼͇̖̹͔̌̍̔͛̚͝r̷̢̙̬̠̯̞̔̓́̆̍͡ͅi͐̓́̓̍ ̸̧̙̞͔͕͆̒̈́͢ñ̢̢͖̹̲̰̭́͒̋̆̃̑̿͘̚t̷̝̟̥͓̩̜̂̍͂̍̅̀̆́͝ " he whispered, dashing towards his left; roused by the command word, his boots lent him speed, but even then - and despite blinking right through some of the densest foliage - he barely reached his destination in time to attack before the monster could again.

    But reach he did, and if he judged the distance correctly - even if hiding from supernatural senses wasn't something esily learned before spending some time at the academy, fighting demon beasts, the Kuroda had still laid the groundwork, and he knew that very rarely did such senses extend beyond five dozens of feet - he was in a position to spring a suprise attack on the beast: as he let loose his ki-infused chakram, all he had left to do was hope.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Swift: Activate Acrobat Boots, spending all three charges for +20 ft of speed this round.
    Move: Q14>U14[T>]V13[T>]W13>Y13. Movement marked as [T>] is teleportation. Stealth (@-5 for full speed) (1d20+10)[24] (unless I can keep that 30 ). Also draw the chakram.
    If did my homework correctly, from the lower-right corner I have unobstructed LoS to all four corners of the target square, so no cover for the Hanyagi. Here's hoping its blindsight is only 60 feet...
    Standard: Attack with Sting of the Asp (@-4 for distance) (1d20+2)[16], +4 if flat-footed. On a hit:
    • Chakram (1d8+2)[5];
    • Maneuver (1d6)[3];
      If flat-footed:
    • BotN (1d6)[6];
    • DS (1d6)[6]; Too far.

    for a total of
    • 8 (14 if flat-footed) slashing damage;
    • 2 Strength damage, Fort DC 20 for half. On a failed save, 1d6 damage and 2 Strength damage next round.

    Active effects
    Body of the Night, Veiled Moon Style.

    Maneuvers
    Dimensional Strike
    Disturbing Blow
    Dizzying Venom Prana
    Hunting Serpent Blow
    Sting of the Asp
    Last edited by Hyperbolic sine; 2019-05-27 at 08:47 AM.
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

    Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Too far away from the battle to do anything. Congming runs to I27.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Actions:
    Ongoing Effects
    Hydraulic Overdrive – Draw alchemical items as a free action. [Stance]
    Maneuvers Animus
    Granted
    • Brew Alchemy - 1st
    • Staunching Strike - 1st
    • Dismiss - 1st
    • Iron Gaze - 1st
    6 (+1/round)
    Options:
    • Enhance Maneuver
    • Increase DC
    • Elemental Glyph (I)
    Expended Withheld
    1. Psychogenic Shield - 1st
    2. Devouring Page - 2nd
    Granted: (1d2)[1]
    Last edited by Rizban; 2019-05-28 at 01:19 AM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Shiori takes in the sight of the odd bat-creature with barely a change of expression, but his eyes widen in dismay as Adarta manages to run right out of reach of his collective and immediately be set upon by the foe. No wait--I can't protect you if-- He dashes forward, attempting to close the distance as quickly as he can.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Full Round: Double-move to O11.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground
     
    tonberryking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wandering
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Amid the webs of branches and leaves, Koutetsu tries to throw caution to the wind and moves as fast as she can through the trees, having to try to make some hefty leaps in the process.

    Part of her just really, practically screams to let out her true form, but the rest of her keeps a clamp on it. It's too early, too risky...and the boys barely know her.

    Spoiler: ooc/rolls
    Show

    (1d20+7)[16] taking the -5 to try to move through as many tries as I can, gingerly trying to get to S16...
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

    "Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dorni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Nezu glanced around wildly at the news that more students were on their way and hope blossomed again as he confirmed more students racing through the underbrush and a chakram sliced into the beast out of nowhere, drawing blood and a pained roar.

    But even that wasn't enough to stop the beast, which was already back on its feet after being grounded by Nezu's earlier arrow. Nezu turned like he was about to take the defenseless Izuka's advice and keep running but hesitated. With a curse under his breath that perhaps only Izuka could hear he turned back. "You stay away from him!" he shouted at the monster as he knocked and loosed another arrow.

    Undeterred, the Hanyangi surged forward, massive claws outstretched. This time it would not be denied it's prey's blood!

    ...except that as its claws scythed down on its hapless prey, Nezu released another arrow right into the monster's path, forcing the creature to break of its attack once again!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Nezu
    Move: -
    Standard: Attack Hanyangi initiating Called Shot. Using Deadly Aim. (1d20+12)[15]. On hit, (1d8+7)[15] damage + (1d6)[3] fire damage. Miss

    Hanyangi
    Move: to Y27
    Standard: Attack Izuka with Claw (1d20+7)[17]. On hit, (3d6+6)[19] damage. Hit, but...
    If Hanyangi's attack hits, Nezu will initiate Intercepting Shade. (1d20+9)[25] vs Hanyangi's attack roll. On success, attack is nullified. Attack is Nullified

    End of turn: (1d6)[6] damage from Tsugiharu's Sting of the Asp

    Spoiler: Knowledge (Martial) DC 11
    Show
    Called Shot is a Falling Star maneuver. Falling Star is not a commonly known discipline
    Spoiler: Knowledge (Martial) DC 12
    Show
    Intercepting Shade is a Solar Wind maneuver. Solar Wind is a widely known and used discipline among ranged weapon users.
    Spoiler: Knowledge (Martial) DC 15
    Show
    Falling Star can actually refer to 4 distinct Disciplines, each practiced by a different Clan that all claim to be descended from the hero Gojo Sabaru. Each claims to be the True inheritors of the Falling Star discipline, and compete fiercely with the others.

    PCs are On Turn
    Last edited by Dorni; 2019-05-30 at 08:33 PM.
    Everyone makes mistakes. Our fate and our character is not determined by the mistakes we make, but by how we react to them.

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Defined on all R
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    A martial adept should never rely on hope, but it looked like this time it worked out. Unfortunately, Tsugiharu no longer had a clear view of the beast, which moreover had engaged Adarata; ranged combat not being an option any longer, he dashed towards the Hanyangi.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move x2: Y13>Z14>Z24.

    Knowledge (Martial) DC 11 (1d20+3)[8].

    Active effects
    Body of the Night, Veiled Moon Style.

    Maneuvers
    Dimensional Strike
    Disturbing Blow
    Dizzying Venom Prana
    Hunting Serpent Blow
    Sting of the Asp
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

    Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Back to his senses, Adarata wedged a foot under his fighting stick and kicked it up into his hands. His rise to face the beast was complete just as the beast's next blow was foiled. The boy stood still for just a precious moment, defiantly holding his ground against the monster, and then he whirled into action. Before, his attacks had demonstrated an impressive degree of strength. This time he was fast. At once he went to slam an end of his staff into one of the Hanyangi's terrible fangs, and then he was on the other side, striking its open mouth again with the other end of the weapon.

    "Ha! Hyahh!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Last Turn: I should have still readied a manoeuvre from movement, let's say it was Swift Claws.

    Move Action: Retrieve Quarterstaff.
    Standard Action: Swift Claws on Hanyangi, allowing me to attack twice. Attack (1d20+5)[18] for (2d6+4)[12] bludgeoning damage, and then Attack (1d20+5)[15] for (2d6+2)[11] bludgeoning damage.
    Free Action: Re-apply Dodge to the Hanyangi.

    Current Stance: Outer Sphere.
    Manoeuvres Readied: None.

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    With a clear line of sight, Congming uses Iron Gaze K-Demon Beasts - (1d20+9)[24]

    Congming then moves to N27 twists his fingers into several well practiced patterns, and chants under his breath. An invisible wall of force flashes into being through his use of Psychogenic Shield, forming an impenetrable barrier on the edge of T27 between the best and its prey.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Actions:
    • Swift: Iron Gaze. Assuming the Hanyangi has 16 or fewer HD, Congming gains +2 on attack rolls against it for the next 3 rounds.
    • Move: Move to N27
    • Standard: Psychogenic Shield between T27 and U27

    Ongoing Effects
    Hydraulic Overdrive – Draw alchemical items as a free action. [Stance]
    Iron Gaze – +2 attack vs the Hanyangi [3 rounds]
    Maneuvers Animus
    Granted
    • Brew Alchemy - 1st
    • Staunching Strike - 1st
    • Dismiss - 1st
    8 (+1/round)
    Options:
    • Enhance Maneuver
    • Increase DC
    • Elemental Glyph (I)
    Expended
    • Psychogenic Shield - 1st
    • Iron Gaze - 1st
    Withheld
    1. Devouring Page - 2nd
    Granted: (1d1)[1]
    Last edited by Rizban; 2019-06-02 at 01:49 AM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Shiori continued to run towards the bat-thing. Almost... almost... there! The slight young man suddenly stops dead.

    Adarata hears a familiar mental knock, while Nezu would hear the knock for the first time. A moment later, everyone would be mentally connected once again, with Nezu added to the mix. Could... could everyone stay a little closer? Re--er, running... isn't my strongest thing.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move Action: Shift to Q16.

    Standard Action: Add everyone who is currently not in Shiori's Collective back into his Collective. Shiori can have people in his Collective up to his Initiator bonus (Charisma) plus his maximum Zeal, and he doesn't count towards the maximum number in his own Collective. with Nezu, 5 people are in his Collectiv,e which is the max.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground
     
    tonberryking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wandering
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Kotetsu wishes she could leap faster and farther, scrambling through the branches as fast as she dares, compensating for the lack of safety and routine of hire wire acts only as much as she trusts, trying to take one final flying leap towards the biggest tree closest to the monster. She hopes she's in time, still not daring to shift.

    Spoiler: OOC/rolls
    Show

    Acrobatics and Athletics check respectively to try to clear a leap towards X-23, in hopes that with my next turn I can..uh... X-23 this monster. :V Hope that joke doesn't curse my rolls"

    (1d20+12)[24]
    (1d20+9)[27]


    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

    "Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dorni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    The hanyangi roared in pain and frustration as Nezu's arrow pierced its clawed hand. The creature snatched its arm back for the moment it took to clench its hand and snap the arrow shaft, which fell broken from the wound. Izuka's staff thrust exploited the moment and took the creature square in the jaw, snapping the monster's head back. But even wounded, the creature was still a fearsome opponent and it hopped backward out of range of Izuka's follow-up strike with inhuman quickness.

    Despite the creature's ferocity moments before, it didn't charge forward immediately, instead growling menacingly as it circled the staff-wielding student. One ear flicked toward the approaching Tsugiharu like a radar dish before swiveling toward Kotetsu. The eyeless beast could tell more humans were closing in on it.

    <Hey, I can hear you in my head! Wait, can you hear me too? Cool! I'm glad you all showed up, now we can take this thing down! I bet we'll get all kinds of extra credit for this!> Ah, yes. There was the bravado from earlier in the week.

    Still, he matched the bravado with another arrow, smoothly drawn and fired in one motion.

    The Hanyangi seemingly took the 'twang of the bowstring as some kind of signal and pounced on Izuka again with its terrible claws.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Nezu
    Free: happily use Congming's force wall as cover
    Move: Activate Flanker's Gambit
    Standard: Attack Hanyangi, Deadly Aim. (1d20+10)[18]. On hit, (1d8+7)[11] piercing and (1d6)[2] fire damage, and recover 4 maneuvers, and Nezu is considered Flanking the Hanyangi. Hit

    Hanyangi
    Free: 5ft step to X28
    Standard: Attack Izuka with Claw. (1d20+6)[22]. On hit, (3d6+4)[10] damage. Hit

    Map

    PCs are On Turn
    Last edited by Dorni; 2019-06-07 at 10:22 AM.
    Everyone makes mistakes. Our fate and our character is not determined by the mistakes we make, but by how we react to them.

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground
     
    tonberryking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wandering
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    The moment she sees that she's been spotted, Koutetsu just throws all caution to the wind--as well as herself! Literally she leaps out into space and then drops like a stone, face first at the creature, her hand locked firmly into place around her sword hilt. Suddenly, as she approaches what would be an assured death from either the ground or the monster, she starts to spin, and draws the sword--the momentum of her falling twirl backing it up.

    Once.

    Twice.

    Her ribbon of steel sings out as she slashes, and hopefully doesn't face plant in the process...

    Spoiler: OOC/rolls
    Show

    Burning Mizuchi for this charge
    (1d20+10)[18]
    (1d20+8)[22]

    Damages:
    (1d8+2)[9]
    (1d8+2)[10]

    Skirmish Damage if either hit:
    (1d6)[2]
    (1d6)[4]


    Acrobatics check to take half of any fall damage:
    (1d10+12)[14]
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2019-06-06 at 10:03 PM.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

    "Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Not quite close enough to--but I can still--

    The odd doubling appears again, reality strangely warping and superimposing the image of Shiori over Adarata as the claws flash down. A few seconds later the image fades, leaving Adarata unscathed by the bat-creature's claws.

    Pressing his left hand over the long, shallow gashes on his right forearm, Shiori continues to sprint forwards, finally getting close to range with the creature attacking the rest of his team.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Free Action: Use Martyrdom to redirect all 10 points of damage from Adarata to Shiori. Spending no Power Points, so Shiori takes the full 10 damage himself.

    Full Round: Double move to V25.
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2019-06-06 at 10:09 PM.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Adarata paused as the Hanyangi's attack washed over him, looking over his shoulder into the woods again. The look on his face said fear and confusion - more fear, and more confusion, than he seemed to feel about fighting the beast. Even so, he turned his attention back to the task! Every ally that arrived on the field was another ox on his plough against the Hanyangi, and the fight wasn't a death wish like it had been a few moments ago. With a graceful flip, he retreated quickly from the monster's claws, turning around to leave Kotetsu...but it was not as it seemed! Switching back from speed to strength, the farmboy jumped and rolled his way up the forest trees, turned back around, and now lunged at the monster from above and with a running start.

    "Hyaaaaagh!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Swift Action: Change stance to Momentum.
    Move Action: Tumble (1d20+9)[27] out of the Hanyangi's reach. If successful, Adarata is going to do 30 feet worth of Parkour and then end in the space that he started in. If Tumble fails then I will choose not to move rather than take the attack (I think I can do that?).
    Standard Action: Attack with Quarterstaff, Power Attack 2, Flanking. Attack (1d20+7)[13] for (1d6+11)[13] bludgeoning damage.

    Current Stance: Momentum (+1).
    Manoeuvres Readied: None.
    Distance this Round: 30 feet if Tumble succeeds.

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Defined on all R
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Tsugiharu pondered for a moment whether he should say somethin to Nezu, but decided against it. Still a better attitude to have than if he had just fled.

    Appearing besides Adarata with a "You ok?", his arm weirdly bent, he unleashed a quick - but potentially very vicious - jab aimed at the creature's vulnerable armpit.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move: Z24>Y72
    Standard: Attack with Hunting Serpent Blow. Heal (1d20+10)[16] vs AC, flat-footed on a success. Attack at (@+2 for flanking) (1d20+9)[12], crit on 27+, +4 if flat-footed, -2 if Heal failed. On a hit:
    • Waveblade (1d6+6)[11];
      If flat-footed:
    • Maneuver (1d6)[5];
    • BotN (1d6)[6];
    • DS (1d6)[6];

    for a total of
    • 11 (28 if flat-footed) piercing damage.
    Swift: Switch to Leaping Spirit Dance.

    Active effects
    Leaping Spirit Dance (+2 AC, +2 Ref), Veiled Moon Style.

    Maneuvers
    Dimensional Strike
    Disturbing Blow
    Dizzying Venom Prana
    Hunting Serpent Blow
    Sting of the Asp
    Last edited by Hyperbolic sine; 2019-06-07 at 02:05 AM.
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

    Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    "Beloved mother, heed my call. Protect your children. Grant your caress."

    Congming moves to T28, shifting stances in the process, and sending a surge of energy into the Hanyangi. If the attack hits, Congming directs 8 points of healing to the most injured person.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ranged Touch: Sun’s Gleam - (1d20+7)[18] - (1d6+5)[10]

    Actions:
    • Swift: Shift stances to Spoils of War
    • Move: Move to T28
    • Standard: Staunching Strike, using 1 animus to Enhance Maneuver for +2 Attack.

    Ongoing Effects
    Spoils of War – Allies within 30 feet heal 4 hp when they hit with an attack, 1/round. [Stance]
    Iron Gaze – +2 attack vs the Hanyangi [2 rounds]
    Maneuvers Animus
    Granted
    • Brew Alchemy - 1st
    • Dismiss - 1st
    8 (+1/round)
    Options:
    • Enhance Maneuver
    • Increase DC
    • Elemental Glyph (I)
    Expended
    • Staunching Strike - 1st
    • Psychogenic Shield - 1st
    • Iron Gaze - 1st
    Withheld
    • Recover Maneuvers and Reset
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dorni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    The Hanyangi seemed to hesitate for the briefest of moments as its claws slashed into the unexpected resistance of Shiori's projection, but it wasn't enough to drive the beast away.

    Kotetsu leaped in from the trees like a thunderbolt, summersaulting over the creature and slashing with lightning speed as she passed. Her blades bit deep, carving wounds that bled freely. The bat creature lurched forward and screamed, spittle flying while Izuka dashed away, only to double back and take advantage of the opening to launch a heavy thrust with the end of his staff. However, even wounded as the creature was it managed to twist aside from the thrust...

    Right into the waiting sword of Tsugiharu, appearing at Izuka's side by teleportation. But whether by chance or fate, the young assassin's strike was just a little bit off. The blade didn't strike square and failed to pierce the Hanyangi's thick hide, sliding aside harmlessly.

    Rizban's energy bolt had no such problem, striking the monster true. The energy slammed into the creature and drove it to its knees, coughing blood all over the forest floor. The energy bolt shattered into a dozen pieces which seemed to rebound to Izuka. Rather than slamming into him, they enveloped him and his wounds seemed to feel less painful.

    The monster tried to rise but immediately collapsed again, spewing more blood. The collective pummelling and wounds it had taken in its frenzy finally catching up to it. But if any of the assembled students had any pity for the creature, Nezu had none and loosed another arrow. <Yeah! That's what I'm talking about!>

    Spoiler
    Show
    Nezu
    Swift: Initiate Eye of the Needle
    Standard: Attack Hanyangi with Called Shot, DA. (1d20+18)[30]. On hit, (1d8+7)[9] piercing and (1d6)[2] fire damage.
    Move: Why ruin a good position?


    The arrow found its mark, sinking deep into the creature's chest where its heart should be. The Hanyangi's ceased its struggles and collapsed entirely. The demon beast made one last weak attempt to rise, but its efforts slowed and stopped.

    Battle over! All PCs gain 1 VP
    Last edited by Dorni; 2019-06-07 at 03:07 PM.
    Everyone makes mistakes. Our fate and our character is not determined by the mistakes we make, but by how we react to them.

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Shiori stops his headlong rush as he sees the bat creature die. That went... well... again. Wow. Huh.

    He remains silent for a long moment more, idly ripping part of his shirt into strips to bind the shallow gashes on his arm and stop the bleeding. I wonder if its soul will still be angry with us... or maybe hungry? Was it hungry in the first place? Killing it might just make it hungrier, he muses silently in the shared mental space.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Adarata swiftly re-sheathed his stick at the fall of the monster, distracted but not knocked off-guard by Congming's golden lights. He stared straight ahead for a second, breathing heavily, before looking to Tsugiharu with red eyes.

    "It's alright, yes, it's all alright, go and check on that bowman!"

    He jogged away from it all and over to Shiori, where he pressed into the cover of the vegetation with him.

    "You took my injuries away. Onto yourself."

    He wasn't exhausted, but he was still breathing heavily. He looked like he was about to cry.

    "Why would you do that?"

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Shiori looks up at Adarata in surprise, confusion written on his face. After a moment, his expression clears, and he puts his right hand on the other boy's shoulder, meeting his eyes for the first time. "It's what I'm here for." His expression flickers, his smile growing sad. His eyes flick down and away mere moments after meeting Adarata's gaze. "It's all I'm here for, as long as I can. So... try to stay in the Collective, okay? I'll--I'll get faster, so that I can keep close enough."

    Dropping his hand from the other boys shoulder, he turns and wanders off without another word, almost as though he'd forgotten the conversation entirely.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Adarata was frozen for a moment as Shiori floated away. He spoke again, but not before there was nobody left in ear-shot.

    "But I'm just a..."

    Still frozen. He quietly raised his hands, staring into his own thick, calloused worker's palms.

    "A..."

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Congming turns to Nezu with an appraising eye.

    "How did you end up in a situation like this? Fighting creatures like this one is not the assignment. Where is the rest of your team?"

    Looking him over, he takes note of the significant injuries.

    "Hmm. You're quite injured. I have an item that can heal you, but... it's one time use... and expensive."

    Spoiler
    Show
    If needed... Sense Motive - (1d20+10)[27]
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground
     
    tonberryking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wandering
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Straightening up, Koutetsu prods the monster with her sword, in particular around the neck before flicking her blade free of blood. Well... most of the blood; a glance at the blade and subsequent wiping with a rag reveals that trick doesn't actually work as well as she'd hoped.

    "Yes, where are the rest of your group? Are they hurt? Trapped? Stuck somewhere?"

    She asks this while studying the corpse, wondering where to cut in order to get any orbs from it.

    Spoiler: OOC/rolls
    Show

    (1d20+1)[19] Knowledge nature on where to harvest the monster orb...
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

    "Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Defined on all R
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Tsugiharu watched Adarata bring Shiori aside, pretty sure that he wasn't alright. But it probably wouldn't do to meddle, so he went to retrieve his chakram before approaching Nezu in silence, waiting for his answers.

    ...at the very least his attitude meant no one was dead. Right?
    Last edited by Hyperbolic sine; 2019-06-09 at 04:34 AM.
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

    Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dorni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Nezu pumped a fist in a victory dance when the creature died, seemingly oblivious to his own wounds. At least until the fist pump ended in a wince.

    "Well," he answered with poorly concealed embarrassment, "I'm not really sure where they are right now. We ambushed a few ants together totally crushed them. It wasn't even worth calling it a fight. So we did that a few more times, but then we got the idea that since the ants were just so easy to take down that we'd split up. Hey! It wasn't like anyone needed help fighting them. We'd could cover more ground, gather a ton of soul gems, and meet up again at the end of the day before we head back."

    Spoiler: Congming, Sense Motive 6
    Show
    Money aside, gathering more soul gems than any other team would make for good bragging rights and maybe get some recognition.

    "So, after we split up, I started following the ant trails. I caught a few more," he said with a quick grin, "but there were so many trails around that I figured I had to be getting close to a hive. So next ant I saw, wounded it and let it escape so I could follow it back to the hive. It worked perfectly."

    "So I get to hive. But instead of buzzing with ants, there were a bunch of hanyangi slaughtering the hive. So I did what anyone would do and took cover to keep watch on the situation."

    Spoiler: Congming, Sense Motive 6
    Show
    While not an inaccurate description of his actions, the slight hitch in his voice gives you the impression that "I hid for my life" is probably more accurate to his motive.

    "The way the ants were trying to flee the hive, I figure the colony must have opened a tunnel into the caves below. Hanyangi probably came up through there. Anyway, once they finished they started screeching at each other. The adult claimed the hive and started eating, and the four young all wandered off into the forest. Once they left I snuck away. I figured I'd get some help, but I crossed paths with that guy first," he said, nodding at the dead hanyangi.

    "And well, you know the rest."
    Everyone makes mistakes. Our fate and our character is not determined by the mistakes we make, but by how we react to them.

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Defined on all R
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Liar liar, shooting arrows on fire. Minimum Sense Motive check result is 7.


    "I guess now you know why splitting up doesn't really work." Tsugiharu let escape, glancing at the dead hanyangi that was apparently only a "weak" young; he wasn't really speaking Nezu, but he probably didn't spoke quietly enough not to be heard.

    "So what now?" he asked, this time actually addressing the boy. He didn't really want to leave him alone in the forest, obviously, but he wasn't really keen on having to split soul gems six-ways until they could dump him to someone from his original group, and maybe having issues arise on which group those gems actually belonged to.

    And, maybe, a tiiiiiiiny part of him just felt that Nezu's bravado would be a pain in the neck. Anyway, better to let the guy himself make the first move.
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

    Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground
     
    tonberryking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wandering
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: White Cloud City IC

    Now, Kotetsu has pulled out a simple wooden handled knife from the back of her sash and cuts into the Hanyangi. Her face makes a few grimaces and looks of sheer disgust-- she's obviously not used to what she's doing, but the girl has shown again and again how determined she is and she keeps to her task.

    Until....

    With a squelch, she removes the thing's Soul gem and hastily grabs for the rag she cleaned her sword with, getting as much (but not enough) gore off her hands and effects with it, speaking with nary a quiver in her voice once the reward is in her hands. And then, with utter brazenness, she tugs down her scarf and stuffs the gem down around the bust of her clothing. Presumably it's secure...

    "Now? We should head back, or at least get out of here. If what he says is true, there may be more of these things afoot and it was trouble enough to kill one. Did your team have a rendezvous spot picked out? If not, we head back to the proctors and alert them that one team has split up."

    Something seems to have changed in her demeanor; Kotetsu doesn't seem concerned with Nezu's teammates any more after spending more time with just him, or she's learned to prioritize...

    "I intend to see that the six of us get credit for that gem, but I cannot say who should get to keep it at the end of the day. We all had a hand in slaying the beast, after all."


    Spoiler: OOC/Rolls
    Show

    Kotetsu passes the Sense motive and given the guy's previous bravado... she just doesn't trust him.

    I'm still rolling sense motive, though in case she can get a feel for him, to see if he'd try to actually steal the gem or take full credit given that he's clearly embellishing his story.

    (1d20+8)[14]

    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

    "Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •