New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arremba IC

1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Default Re: Arremba IC

Richard
    The group look up to Richard and their smiles from their conversation follow to him. "We don't mind, if you have a decent story to tell." One of the men pipe up. Two of them scoot their chairs to the side and point to another on a table adjacent.

Grav
    She nods and runs out the back, bringing a plate of bread, cheese and what looks to be some left over roast meat from the kitchen. "Meat was cooked for the dinner rush, but it's still good." She'll also bring him a drink of his choice and says for that, including the night, will be 3 silver.

All
    The barkeep looks around and asks any who's listening "What brings you to town so late?"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Seeing another Tiefling in the bar made Siradius a little more confident in engaging with the people here.
    Siradius smiles at the bar keep. "We just finished a job out of town. Didn't want to rough it camping again so we rode extra hard to get a warm bed for the night".

Spoiler: Deception
    Show
    (1d20+1)[7]

"How about a meal?".

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

"A decent story to tell..." He ponders, "Well, I'm a new adventurer and I didn't start my life in this body. Is that a good story?" He sits next to everyone.

"I used to have a human body and now I look like this. I don't completely understand it, but seeing another in this bar... I felt the urge to meet you. And this is kind of embarrassing but I know magic now...” he uses shape water to make one of the humans drink spike up out of the glass and whip around then makes sure to get every drop back in the glass.

”...and I am no longer human and the name Richard just doesn't seem to fit a fella looking like me... I was wondering if I could ask your name?"
    Last edited by YoFizz; 2019-04-10 at 10:58 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Liu Yang

Liu sat down on a chair, hands in his lap, eyes calming scanning the room. He does not seem to be willing to speak up if not needed, both due to him being a stranger to these lands (which was rather clear, visibly speaking as well as his clothing style). It was much better to sit, observe and refrain from overdoing it in terms of attracting attention.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Dingle Dongle Dangle - Do it at an Angle~

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Siradius is given a nod from the woman and she heads out the back again. She brings the same meal she gave to Grav to him and says, "Fancy a drink with that?". If he declines, the meal and the room will be 2 silver 6 bronze, or with a drink it'll come to 3 silver.

The table looks on as Richard plays with the drink and gives a slight mumble that might be filling in as quiet applause.
    "That's interesting, the tiefling at the table leans forward, "I've never heard of a tiefling who wasn't born as one, it must've been a harrowing experience for a time." he leans back in his chair and takes a drink. "My name is Craft, because it is what I do and what I love. I'm proud of my creations and they are my life. What is your life, Richard? What are you proud of?"

After dealing with Siradius, the fiery haired woman will wander over to Liu and give him a firm touch on the shoulder. "Anything I can get you, love? Room? Food? Drink?"

Grav finds the meal satisfying and filling. His drink is standard for the price he got it for.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

“Interesting. I know my situation is unique. Sometimes I feel lost in this new form. And I don’t know... have you ever met another like us called Richard?”

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Grav

Grav pays and takes another look around. Satisfied there were no threats. "I'll be back in a minute." Grav leaves the inn and makes sure the horses are calm and have water. "Hey fellows how you doing?" he asks the horses. He brushes a couple of them before returning to the inn to retire for the night.
    Last edited by Ragnarok'n'Roll; 2019-04-11 at 12:16 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

"Perhaps not Richard, but plenty of us have names from our heritage." Craft responds before one of his table mates pipes up:
    "You're a traveler aren't you? You could call yourself something like Vagabond!" He seems excited by the prospect.
    "There's nothing wrong with Richard though..." another mumbles as he raises his mug to his lips.

The horses seem to appreciate Grav's love. They're very tired and a bit worn out from being ridden for so long. If you'd like, make an animal handling roll for me.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I prefer when rolls are made in the IC thread.

9. - Top - End - #39

Lizardfolk

"No drink for me thanks, got to hit the hay early tonight. Big ride tomorrow, want all my senses with me".

Siradious smiles and hands over the coins.

Siradius mostly sits on his own. As a Tiefling he knew it was generally better for everyone if he kepts his head down and eyes front.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

”Maybe Bloodbringer...”
    Ooc: is blood magic like mine normal in this world?

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

The Morning Star Inn
    Burrum - 20-05-51 - 10:15pm

Bloodbringer gets a mixed reception from his table-mates. Craft raises an eyebrow, the man who suggested "Vagabond" looks excited by it, another looks indifferent and one of the men look uncomfortable hearing it. "It does sound a little... malicious? It depends on what feeling you want to impose with your new name, Richard."

Siradius has his privacy respected for the most past, after a few minutes of taking and delivering Liu's order, the barkeep comes back and talks to him while cleaning a nearby table. "Exciting job? Wasn't aware there was much going around these parts, except for that band of mercenaries that passed through recently."

Blood Magic
    The art of using your life force as arcane substance is frowned upon in communities that regard life highly. It's not common, nor is it documented to much of an extent. Any looking into his nature would've mostly brought up stories of blood rituals and necromancy, not quite like what Richard is capable of. However, he doesn't know the full extent of his powers yet. Perhaps it had something to do with his tiefling transformation that made his magic this way.

Sort answer: No. It is not common.

Story Time!
    I have some homework for you guys!
    You don't have to do it but those who do will have some bonuses further down the line as a reward for their input.
    I just want a single story of a defining moment of your character. It can be the reason for a personality trait, the catalyst to your characters adventuring life, anything.
    Preferably there needs to be some external character, place, or object that is a fairly big part of the story.
    Doesn't have to be that long, it can be dot points, it can be fully written, whatever.
    You can use current provided content or write your own things. However keep it vague... if you're making a new town just give it a name and a country it's in.
    You can PM it to me or post it in the OOC, you don't have to do it all at once. I'm happy to help you with any ideas!
    Just something to give each of your characters something extra to go on. It doesn't have to have a big impact on their daily life though.
    There's also no time limit, so get to it when you're able to.
    Hope this is fun and not tedious.
    Last edited by Mada; 2019-04-12 at 11:59 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42

Lizardfolk

"Truth is, there is not a lot of work around here. We were with those mercs and now we are not". Siradius gazes off into space, remembering the scene earlier in the day vividly.
    "That's behind us now, onwards and upwards I suppose".

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Richard Bloodbringer
    Story time:
    • feeling lost, scared, about his transformation and new abilities
    • feeling lack of belonging to groups
    • looking for an identiy to fit his new life and if he can reconcile what that might be
    • feeling alone
    • looking for ways to cope
    • a strong desire to do good things but conflicted by how people see him both as a teifling and a blood magic user
    • a desire to show none of these traits, or weakness, deflecting real feelings with humor or avoidance

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

"Well, its the kind of magic I do. Again you guys like stories. I seem to draw upon life force and blood for my arcane abilities. I'm still very much learning."

He starts to shift uneasily in his seat.
    Last edited by YoFizz; 2019-04-18 at 06:21 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

The Morning Star Inn
    The woman nods and looks at Siradius "Kicked you out, did they? That can be rough. What about your payday?"

There's another uncomfortable shift and for half a second there's a scrape of wood on wood as one of the group shifts their chair an inch backwards away from Richard.
    Craft continues to be the talker for the group and continues to talk, his tone more cautious now. "You... use blood for magic?"

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

“Oh uh, please forgive me. Is that bad? I — uh, like I said... I didn’t chose this life. This form. This magic. It all happened to me. I was just a regular person before. Please, please, don’t be afraid.”

17. - Top - End - #47

Lizardfolk

"Pay day will have to wait I suppose". Siradius smiles lightly but clearly doesn't want to reveal too much to avoid having to tempt fate and lie further.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

The Morning Star Inn
    There's an odd air about the conversation now, there's uncertainty but not fear. If there's nothing else, the conversation will go back to regular topics and casual story sharing.

Unless there's anything anyone else wants to do, we'll move on to tomorrow.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Richard just sits back and listens to the stories while nursing one drink all night with his cloak up.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Liu Yang

Liu had nothing to add himself, conversationally-wise, so he just did the practical thing of remaining quiet and observant at the table.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

The Morning Star Inn
    The next day the four arise from their slumber and meet up in the tavern area of the inn.

What's the next course of action?

22. - Top - End - #52

Lizardfolk

"Rise and shine friends. We have a lot of ground to cover today. Let's eat and head out". Siradius says in a happy tone.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Liu Yang

Liu was sitting down in the tavern main area early on, after having done his morning meditations to steel the mind and prepare for the hardships of today.
    "Pardon, can I have today's Breakfast, please?" The Monk called out to the tavern-owner the moment said owner was in view to be called out to.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Grav

Grav rises early and finds himself starving. It had been a stressful day yesterday. Grav goes out of his way to refill his waterskin. Before leaving his room, he casts a quick spell and pops a berry in his mouth and stuffs one more into his pack, wrapped in some clothes. Coming downstairs he presents 2 berries to his companions to keep for later. "These can heal minor injuries, just in case I'm not ... around."

Grav skips breakfast and helps prep the horses.

Spoiler
    Show

Grav cast Goodberry and eats one for his days meal and give 2 each to everyone else in case they need healing (or food)

Last edited by Ragnarok'n'Roll; 2019-04-22 at 12:26 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

The Morning Star Inn
    The fiery-haired woman pops her head around and smiles to Liu Yang. "Sure thing lovely! What are you eating?"

The tavern is rather quiet and the three will find themselves the only members.

All the characters have gained a Long Rest's worth of benefits including healing.

If he had slots free, you may choose to have Grav cast goodberry last night.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Bloodbringer

Richard finishes up his meal and says to the rest. “We shouldn’t be too leisurely. We have to get a move on.”

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Liu Yang

Liu looked upon the Red-headed lady with a thoughtful and relaxed expression. "Good question, hmmm... Do you serve a mix of oats and dairy milk? I do not expect you to serve Rice with fermented beans and light fruit salads. So Oats in Dairy Milk, in a bowl will be fine. A bit of apple or other such fruit can be added in as well, if possible." Liu said and it was quite clear he wasn't kidding about the concept of 'fermented beans'.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58

Lizardfolk

Siradius is never one to linger in any place for too long. Even after just one night the confines of the inn were making him a bit stir crazy. He eats breakfast silently.
    "I'll go ready the horses and meet you all out the front. We have a long ride ahead of us".

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Bloodbringer

"Yes, yes... I'll go make sure they're ready."
    Richard goes to get the horses from the stable and see to it they are fit for travel.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

The Morning Star Inn
    The woman goes to get a bowl of oats and milk from the back and comes back quite promptly.
    To those going out to the stable, they seem quite well rested, especially after Grav's attention paid to them last night.
    They will be ready to ride in a matter of minutes.
    Is there anything you'd like to do before leaving town?

Make a perception check for when you go on your way.