The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1128
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Seerow's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

    Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    never seen the vip membership
    It seems to be really rare. I saw it once, but probably did a total of like 10-15 runs over my weekend and haven't seen it since.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?


  2. - Top - End - #992
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator
     
    The Glyphstone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

    So, that was an experience.

    I take Finley into Wing 2 for my first run, get 2x Recycling as my passive treasures. I'm stacking absurd amounts of armor with my free 2/1 every turn, none of the bosses can get to my health. Against the Plague Lord I build up to almost 150 armor, enough to soak 2 blasts from a 60/50 C'thun (I screwed up huge by dropping a 25/8 Bolvar, not realizing it was a C'thun deck).

    Boss is at 18 health. But I'm down to the edge of fatigue, C'thun comes back as a 70/55 for the third time and I soak it. My panicked Tar Lord is all I have to stand in his way, but he Madness Knife's it out of the way....then Psychic Screams his own gigantic C'thun into my deck. I promptly draw it and annihilate him with his own C'thun.

    Madness indeed.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2019-09-20 at 01:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards View Post
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

    I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

  3. - Top - End - #993
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Hamste's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012

    Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

    I have seen it twice so far. It isn't really that good from my little experience with it but I didn't get any of the three special cards. Both Upgraded pack mule and House special seem super good.
    Avatar created by Elder Tsofu

    Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

  4. - Top - End - #994
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

    Pro tip: Flexplosion includes your opponents HP in the "Destroy half your opponent's stuff" effect. It has no damage limit.

    I used it to take around 80 HP off a Plague Lord, but in theory that number could go all the way up to 150.

    Good way to smash through a phase of the boss that's giving you trouble.

  5. - Top - End - #995
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator
     
    The Glyphstone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

    Joust was never an official keyword, was it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards View Post
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

    I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

  6. - Top - End - #996
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zevox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Joust was never an official keyword, was it?
    Nope. Fan nickname based on the concept and the first few cards that used it.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

    "When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

    "We each decide our own sense of right and wrong. The rest, I leave to my sword." - Yuri Lowell, Tales of Vesperia

  7. - Top - End - #997
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Divayth Fyr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

    Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Nope. Fan nickname based on the concept and the first few cards that used it.
    Wasn't that the official name?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

  8. - Top - End - #998
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zevox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

    Quote Originally Posted by Divayth Fyr View Post
    Huh, I guess so. Nonetheless, still not an official keyword. All of the cards that use it explain it in full instead. "Reveal a minion from each deck..." etc.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

    "When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

    "We each decide our own sense of right and wrong. The rest, I leave to my sword." - Yuri Lowell, Tales of Vesperia

  9. - Top - End - #999
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

    Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Huh, I guess so. Nonetheless, still not an official keyword. All of the cards that use it explain it in full instead. "Reveal a minion from each deck..." etc.
    Similarly "Elusive" is not a keyword ingame even though it is adressed via Evolve mechanics. As a reminder, elusive is hexproof/untargettable by spells.

  10. - Top - End - #1000
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator
     
    The Glyphstone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

    So Wing 2 overall seems easier than Wing 1. The Twist is predictable, and the Plague Lord's deck isn't nearly as hax - it's just a pretty standard C'thun Priest. Far better than the Infinite Murloc Spam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards View Post
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

    I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

  11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Hamste's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012

    Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

    Getting the super deck was amazing for the VIP membership but the 30 bunny hopper deck disappointed me when I got it. It was funny but not good.
    Avatar created by Elder Tsofu

    Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

  12. - Top - End - #1002
    Troll in the Playground
     
    otakuryoga's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ashland, Kentucky

    Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

    well, i finally saw vip membership
    and then lost to boss#2 because double deathrattle anomaly vs guy who summons armor beetles with hero powerthat i was also seeing for the very 1st time................
    sooooo, yeeeeah..not really seen it
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

    And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

    full size avatar

  13. - Top - End - #1003
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Stevesciguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In your base
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

    I just lost a game against a burgle Rogue because he got a mark of y'shaarj that he then later replayed with Tess, which landed on the only minion out of 7 that could attack me. It did not help that Linecracker was the very last card in the deck
    Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

  14. - Top - End - #1004
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2010

    Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamste View Post
    Getting the super deck was amazing for the VIP membership but the 30 bunny hopper deck disappointed me when I got it. It was funny but not good.
    I got that deck too, and 1-cycled the plague lord of madness with it. Though it did help that bob gave me the 2 mana "reduce your deck by 1 mana" card, which meant I could open turn one with all my critters, and had the windfury hero power too. Also the hearthstone treasure so once I was within c'thin kill range I could just time warp to the beginning of the fight to take a second go at it.

  15. - Top - End - #1005
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

    New favorite combo for beating the Murloc Plaguelord: Taz Nozwhisker + Runaway Gyrocopter. Deal 5 to their board, shuffle a Gyro into your deck, put a Gyro back into your hand. The entire game went like this:

    Vesh: Tip the Scales!
    Me: Gyrocopter!
    Vesh: Tip the Scales!
    Me: Gyrocopter!
    Vesh: Anyfin Can Happen!
    Me: Gyrocopter!
    Vesh: ...
    Me: (Hits Vesh in the face for 30 damage)
    Vesh: GRRRR. Tip the Scales! Everyfin is Awesome! Everyfin is Awesome!
    Me: TWO Gyrocopters!

    He finally managed to Earthquake me at around 100 HP, which got rid of my Noz. By that time I had about a dozen Gyrocopters in my deck, and a full hand of zero mana stuff thanks to the Alchemist's Stone passive. So I just played an Antonidas and protected it with Gyrocopters while continuously hitting him in the face with 1 mana Fireballs. I took one shot to the face from a Murkeye the entire fight.

    With that, I've beaten both wings on Heroic with both Reno and Finley. Reno is definitely the easier of the two, as it's pretty easy to get a value engine going with him. Finley can be strong and has better starting treasures, but he has a weaker bucket set overall.

  16. - Top - End - #1006
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Stevesciguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In your base
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

    Does anyone in here want 80 gold? I've got a quest that's been sitting for a few days
    Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

  17. - Top - End - #1007
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Seerow's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    Does anyone in here want 80 gold? I've got a quest that's been sitting for a few days
    Not home at the moment but you can add me oshi#1354 if nobody else takes you up on it before you see me, I'm always up for a friendly game
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?


  18. - Top - End - #1008
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Stevesciguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In your base
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

    Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Not home at the moment but you can add me oshi#1354 if nobody else takes you up on it before you see me, I'm always up for a friendly game
    Cool! Will do
    Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

  19. - Top - End - #1009
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zevox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    Does anyone in here want 80 gold? I've got a quest that's been sitting for a few days
    Sure - though, I don't see your name in the first post list. Did you give your username at some point and I just missed it, or do we not have it yet?
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

    "When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

    "We each decide our own sense of right and wrong. The rest, I leave to my sword." - Yuri Lowell, Tales of Vesperia

  20. - Top - End - #1010
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Stevesciguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In your base
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

    Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Sure - though, I don't see your name in the first post list. Did you give your username at some point and I just missed it, or do we not have it yet?
    I haven't given it, yet. It is Stevesciguy#1442. I'm on NA
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-09-23 at 08:34 PM.
    Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

  21. - Top - End - #1011
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zevox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    I haven't given it, yet. It is Stevesciguy#1442. I'm on NA
    Cool, added, and I'll send you a friend request.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

    "When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

    "We each decide our own sense of right and wrong. The rest, I leave to my sword." - Yuri Lowell, Tales of Vesperia

  22. - Top - End - #1012
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Stevesciguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In your base
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

    Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Cool, added, and I'll send you a friend request.
    Hearthstone wouldn't let me reply, so:

    I've found that auto-complete usually does a pretty decent job. Sometimes it does just give generic zoo decks, though. And also sometimes does weird stuff like put Oaken Summons in a deck with no minions

    Edit so no doublepost: who in their right mind leaves up a minion with 1200 attack when the only thing between it and their face is a 5 health taunt? I just won a game because a guy left my Linecracker up after I had combo'd. He had several minions on board, but just chose to go face instead?!
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-09-23 at 10:11 PM.
    Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

  23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Geno9999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Star Road, not Star Way
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    Edit so no doublepost: who in their right mind leaves up a minion with 1200 attack when the only thing between it and their face is a 5 health taunt? I just won a game because a guy left my Linecracker up after I had combo'd. He had several minions on board, but just chose to go face instead?!
    Because face is face, and armor is cheating! /SMORC. In all seriousness, maybe their line of thought was literally hitting face with everything would be enough to break through, though I feel like that's doubtful to work unless they were a Infinite Snip-Snap Warlock.

    Though I have encountered an odd play recently: Me (playing a Tempo Thief Rogue) vs a Highlander Mage.

    I had the board, though with only the Micro Mummy with it's Reborn used up so it was only a 1/1, so I played the other Blink Fox, played and swung at face with a Waggle Pick, and then a Mana Wyrm.
    After I had played the Mana Wyrm, I realized that I was probably better off not playing any minions at all since I had Leeroy Jenkins in hand and thus could've just prepped the Waggle Pick for the 16 burst against the Mage's remaining 15. I kind of shrugged it off, thinking that it might've tipped the hand too much that I had the combo in hand, and would've been countered by Zilliax or Ice Barrier.

    Mage's turn, they had 9 Mana to spend now. They play Blizzard, killing the Micro Mummy, and used their Hero Power to ping off the Blink Fox. Then, for whatever line they were trying to play against, used Ray of Frost to ping off the Mana Wyrm. Which, I should remind you, was at 1 Health, did not have it's attack boosted because I didn't play any spells yet, and was already frozen.

    Because of that, I had a clear board to perform the Leeroy + Waggle Pick burst guaranteed.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

    and current made by me.

  24. - Top - End - #1014
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Stevesciguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In your base
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

    Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    Because face is face, and armor is cheating! /SMORC. In all seriousness, maybe their line of thought was literally hitting face with everything would be enough to break through, though I feel like that's doubtful to work unless they were a Infinite Snip-Snap Warlock.
    They were a mill druid. I don't know what cards they had left, but I think they had a nonzero chance of winning or stalling out to a draw.

    Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    Though I have encountered an odd play recently: Me (playing a Tempo Thief Rogue) vs a Highlander Mage.

    I had the board, though with only the Micro Mummy with it's Reborn used up so it was only a 1/1, so I played the other Blink Fox, played and swung at face with a Waggle Pick, and then a Mana Wyrm.
    After I had played the Mana Wyrm, I realized that I was probably better off not playing any minions at all since I had Leeroy Jenkins in hand and thus could've just prepped the Waggle Pick for the 16 burst against the Mage's remaining 15. I kind of shrugged it off, thinking that it might've tipped the hand too much that I had the combo in hand, and would've been countered by Zilliax or Ice Barrier.

    Mage's turn, they had 9 Mana to spend now. They play Blizzard, killing the Micro Mummy, and used their Hero Power to ping off the Blink Fox. Then, for whatever line they were trying to play against, used Ray of Frost to ping off the Mana Wyrm. Which, I should remind you, was at 1 Health, did not have it's attack boosted because I didn't play any spells yet, and was already frozen.

    Because of that, I had a clear board to perform the Leeroy + Waggle Pick burst guaranteed.
    Yeah, that's a weird play
    Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

  25. - Top - End - #1015
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Seerow's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

    So the wild quest Jade shaman deck we were discussing here a month or so back? I sent my variation of it in to the angry chicken podcast, and they highlighted it as this week's deck of the week! Nerding out about it just a little bit.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?


  26. - Top - End - #1016
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zevox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

    Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    So the wild quest Jade shaman deck we were discussing here a month or so back? I sent my variation of it in to the angry chicken podcast, and they highlighted it as this week's deck of the week! Nerding out about it just a little bit.
    Never heard of the podcast. Do you mean the Reno Quest Shaman deck I brought up, or just a regular Jade version? (I actually have been playing both, but I'm pretty sure I only posted about the Reno version here.)

    (Been playing Odd Warrior more lately though. Love how that laughs and walks all over any aggro. Secret Mages bow before its might. Has a hard time with Jade decks though.)
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

    "When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

    "We each decide our own sense of right and wrong. The rest, I leave to my sword." - Yuri Lowell, Tales of Vesperia

  27. - Top - End - #1017
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Seerow's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

    Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Never heard of the podcast. Do you mean the Reno Quest Shaman deck I brought up, or just a regular Jade version? (I actually have been playing both, but I'm pretty sure I only posted about the Reno version here.)

    (Been playing Odd Warrior more lately though. Love how that laughs and walks all over any aggro. Secret Mages bow before its might. Has a hard time with Jade decks though.)
    Yes, it was the Reno version. If you have not heard of the podcast I would recommend checking it out, it's one of the better/more consistent Hearthstone podcasts out there.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?


  28. - Top - End - #1018
    Troll in the Playground
     
    otakuryoga's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ashland, Kentucky

    Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

    1st try on 3rd plaguelord got absolutely nowhere
    not even 1 damage on him
    because turn 3 Sylvanus....
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

    And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

    full size avatar

  29. - Top - End - #1019
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

    Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    1st try on 3rd plaguelord got absolutely nowhere
    not even 1 damage on him
    because turn 3 Sylvanus....
    I only managed 15 damage on him because he managed to get Feugen and Stalagg out as his first two minions. At one point there were 3 Thaddiuses on the board.

    Second run I almost got him - I stole his hero power and used the Sylvanas trick against him. Unfortunately in his final phase the chip damage from his board clears added up and he got me with 46 HP of his remaining.

    If that's what he's like on Normal, I dread facing him on Heroic.

  30. - Top - End - #1020
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zevox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

    Yeah, have to say, from what I've seen of Tombs of Terror in videos and what people have said here, I'm very glad I'm not bothering with it. The Plague Lords being designed to take multiple runs to beat most of the time looks and sounds like a nightmare of tedium to me.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

    "When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

    "We each decide our own sense of right and wrong. The rest, I leave to my sword." - Yuri Lowell, Tales of Vesperia

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •