New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1486
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

I did oneshot the Brawl, effortlessly in 31 minutes. I took Lazul because her hero power looked bonkers...

Her hero power is bonkers. It's super extra bonkers with double Deathrattle passive. It's ludicrously, unfairly broken with double Deathrattle and 8 Sylvanas in your deck (also 3 Gargoyles and 2 Tomb Pillagers, for bonus mana cheating). +1/+1 for all Minions just made the games go faster. Killed the Horseman's head instantly with a Convincing Infiltrator I'd been saving for the occasion. Lazul having the ability to add any good Deathrattles she encounters or plays to her deck is downright unfair.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusMkV View Post
    I did oneshot the Brawl, effortlessly in 31 minutes. I took Lazul because her hero power looked bonkers...

Her hero power is bonkers. It's super extra bonkers with double Deathrattle passive. It's ludicrously, unfairly broken with double Deathrattle and 8 Sylvanas in your deck (also 3 Gargoyles and 2 Tomb Pillagers, for bonus mana cheating). +1/+1 for all Minions just made the games go faster. Killed the Horseman's head instantly with a Convincing Infiltrator I'd been saving for the occasion. Lazul having the ability to add any good Deathrattles she encounters or plays to her deck is downright unfair.
    Ah, so you can hard remove the Head? I played Brawl with 10 minions on the board, and I wasn't sure whether it won through luck or if it was scripted to win.

Got it second try. Did more bomb stuff, but brought more minion support so I could kill it. Won with 5 minutes to spare

Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Troll in the Playground

One shot it too, 25 minutes and change.

Played Toggwaddle, got some really bonkers treasures. Had Vim (draw 2 extra cards per turn), then picked up the "all cards played this turn cost 0, remove them from your dungeon deck" as the last treasure... So I got to just drop an entire board of junk on turn 1. Early on, consistently had bag of coins in my first 2-3 turns which means I was dropping huge minions early on.

I also didn't know about the second phase of the boss, and had reduced a Vilespine to 0... which then allowed me to destroy the head the same turn.
    Last edited by Joran; 2019-10-09 at 03:49 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Titan in the Playground

This is what I did (though technically it took north of 6 hours, since I started the run on my lunch break and finished it after dinner... apparently it counts time that you're not playing ). Didn't get quite as many Sylvanas, but 5 of them going into the final battle plus three sets of the Cloning Device/Mirror/Shadow Visions bucket still made her totally bonkers. I mean, my first two turns against the final boss were:

1: Hero power, get Tomb Pillager.
    2: Trade Tomb Pillager into on of his 2/1s. Hero power, get Sylvanas. Mirror, coin, mirror.

And thus I had three Syvlanas, one a 1/1 and the other two at full strength, on the board on turn 2. With the double deathrattle treasure. Yeah, made for an easy fight. Fun note: you can mind control the Horseman's head with Sylvanas. When you do, his body loses Immune, and you win by just hitting it to take off that last point of health it has.

Also, neat that you get the option of "Empty Buckets" sometimes. I actually took that twice, since I didn't think the random assortment of Priest spells I was offered by the other two options would make my minion-focused double deathrattle + double battlecry deck better. Think it's fair to say I was right.

Edit: Did it as Rafaam for the time rewards. Didn't feel as crazy as Lazul, but duplicating some powerful cards once you got towards the late-game with that hero power was nice. There isn't a reward for a time even quicker than 40 minutes I should know about, is there?
    Last edited by Zevox; 2019-10-09 at 06:08 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    I looked at the rule in question not long after the news came out. It's deliberately vague, and selectively enforceable.

Their actions were intentional and directed, not forced.
    The rule appears to be this one:

Engaging in any act that, in Blizzard’s sole discretion, brings you into public disrepute, offends a portion or group of the public, or otherwise damages Blizzard image will result in removal from Grandmasters and reduction of the player’s prize total to $0 USD, in addition to other remedies which may be provided for under the Handbook and Blizzard’s Website Terms.

And having read some more about what Blitzchung did...yeah. I'm not surprised they came down on him like a ton of bricks. I initially assumed it was just some statement that he threw into an interview, but apparently it was a deliberately provocative political statement with props. If that happened in any professional sport anywhere there would be serious consequences. I have respect for the message and his courage, but no sympathy for the consequences. He knew what he was doing, and what the price was.

The place where I feel Blizzard overreached is firing the casters. They were apparently given no warning from the director and THEY had to decide whether to let Blitzchung talk. Which is nonsense, that is not what they signed up for and if anyone is getting fired it should be the person who put them in that position. Admittedly they don't come off the best (ducking behind the desk to avoid responsibility while still allowing him to speak), but again: NOT THEIR JOB.

----

I will say that this is solely my opinion, and I totally understand anyone who was offended by Blizzard's reaction. It's a crappy situation all around, and I can't say that anyone with a differing opinion from mine is wrong. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind here. I just want to make my position (and why I'm not about to start boycotting Blizzard products over this) clear.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

What happens if you take Empty Buckets? I did it once in my 35min Boom run.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Pretty sure it just adds no cards to your deck. , which is better than diluting it with bad cards a lot of the time.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post

Engaging in any act that, in Blizzard’s sole discretion, brings you into public disrepute, offends a portion or group of the public, or otherwise damages Blizzard image will result in removal from Grandmasters and reduction of the player’s prize total to $0 USD, in addition to other remedies which may be provided for under the Handbook and Blizzard’s Website Terms.
    Right. Like I said; intentionally vague and selectively enforceable. That definition can be stretched to mean quite literally anything, or nothing.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2019-10-09 at 07:41 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post

!
    Right. Like I said; intentionally vague and selectively enforceable. That definition can be stretched to mean quite literally anything, or nothing.
    ninja'd
    literally ANYTHING someone does(including just sitting there and silently breathing) will "offend a portion or group of the public"

the "portion of the public" offended in this case just happens to be the portion providing the majority of Blizzards subs so the hammer dropped HARD
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    !

ninja'd
    literally ANYTHING someone does(including just sitting there and silently breathing) will "offend a portion or group of the public"

the "portion of the public" offended in this case just happens to be the portion providing the majority of Blizzards subs so the hammer dropped HARD
    Agreed on the arbitrary bit. But the entire Asia Pacific region is only 12% of blizzard's revenue. That includes South Korea and Japan, so China is a fraction of that. Its more the potential loss of growth market. So this might actually hurt blizzard, particularly if they don't actually grow in China and enough Americans drop subs or stop buying.

https://investor.activision.com/news...2019-financial

Regarding the brawl, apparently the best friends forever treasure lasts between runs. I duplicated it a few times and finished at 41 minutes, mostly because I wasted time duplicating it. When I started a new run, all 5 copies were in my deck giving me an instant charging 5/5. Just a fun little detail.

Edit: It looks like you can have a max of 20 best friends in between runs. More during, but only 20 carry over. And the empty card sets are just that, no new cards. They start appearing after you hit a certain number of cards in your deck, with 20 friends I get then offered in the first round.
    Last edited by Thomas Cardew; 2019-10-10 at 09:48 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

I won the Brawl with time to spare. Turns out that Crab treasure can just eat the Horseman with his battlecry.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Won brawl first try with stargazing dr.boom and a lot of taunt minions. Stupidly easy but that method is slow so no timer for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

13. - Top - End - #1123

I recently crafted Elise the Enlightened and Twig of the World Tree, because I wanted to try the infinite Mill combo.

At first I couldn't get the combo off because they kept conceding before I could do it. Then I got really close, but my game froze, skipped my turn, and so I lost. Then I got Geisted.

But finally, after who-knows-how-many-tries-because-I-forgot-to-turn-on-my-deck-tracker, I queued into a Dragon Warrior, hung on with N'zoth and Reno, and successfully burst him for over 100 damage! It was quite satisfying. Especially since at one point he was far enough ahead that he preemptively "Well Played" me. Well played indeed

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    I almost oneshot the brawl, took Doctor Boom and went super heavy on bomb-shuffling tactics. Was even on track to do it under 40 minutes.

Warning: the bomb-shuffling strategy does not work well against the final boss. At least, not on its own
    same thing happened to me. feels like bad design to have one boss's hero power (and a one of their major deck options) just get nullified by the final boss special.
    A neat custom class for 3.5 system
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94616

A good set of benchmarks for PF/3.5
    https://rpgwillikers.wordpress.com/2...y-the-numbers/

An alternate craft point system I made for 3.5
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...t-Point-system

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm getting a weird glitch on my hearthstone. All my basic cards are relocked. The levels are still there looking at the stats screen but when I try to go to practice mode the game freezes. A couple of restarts eventually fixed it.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Titan in the Playground

Things I like about having the Wild cards back: N'Zoth Priest, Highlander decks get Ragnaros and Sylvanas.

Things I hate about having the Wild cards back: OTK BS with Thaurissan (goddamn it Quest Druid, you used to be fun!), Quest Shaman is now an Evolve deck (similar feelings as with Quest Druid), Flamewaker is even crazier than it originally was thanks to all the small Mage spells in recent sets.

Yeah, this has been a mixed bag of an experiment, I'd say.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Troll in the Playground

I played against a Mage recently. He played quest on 1, Explorer on 2, AI on 3, coined Thaurissan on 4 and followed up with Apprentice, two Flamewakers, two Frostbolts, a Ray of Frost and two Magic Tricks into two Arcane Missiles (I think he got an extra Magic Trick in there as well).

I had a 2/6 in play and was at 30 health. Then I was dead. On turn 5.

Yeah, I'll be happy to see Thaurissan and Flamewaker back out of Standard.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Troll in the Playground

I played against a Mage recently. He played quest on 1, Explorer on 2, AI on 3, coined Thaurissan on 4 and followed up with Apprentice, two Flamewakers, two Frostbolts, a Ray of Frost and two Magic Tricks into two Arcane Missiles (I think he got an extra Magic Trick in there as well).

I had a 2/6 in play and was at 30 health. Then I was dead. On turn 5.

Yeah, I'll be happy to see Thaurissan and Flamewaker back out of Standard.
    Emperor is 6 mana and why is the Quest there? But yeah, that's a nut draw scenario and I remember it being a really common thing in Wild before the current Secret decks.

The last couple expansions added some cheap Mage spell cards, so Flamewaker was always going to be good. Mage can go back to the dumpster once these wild cards leave.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

What do you get for beating the Brawl in 30min? I got 33 on my try.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    What do you get for beating the Brawl in 30min? I got 33 on my try.
    Same stuff; I beat it in 21 on my first go and din't get anything extra.

21. - Top - End - #1131

Wild legend! Using this Secret Aluneth mage deck from Tempostorm: https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/d...ot-oct-19-2019

I'm pretty upset about Blizzard's reaction to the Blitzchung situation and won't be ever paying money for a Blizzard game again. I'm sad because I know the devs weren't involved in this decision, and it's painful too because I love and adore Blizzard's games. But I love China more than Blizzard, having lived there for two years and seen how wonderful and interesting its people are, and I can't support any company that sweeps the Uighur genocide and the situation in Hong Kong under the rug. Blizzard could have stayed silent, but instead they chose to make a statement essentially condoning the Chinese government, and I think it's only right that they suffer for it. Sad that I can't play this game without feeling guilty anymore : <

I'm pretty seriously addicted to Hearthstone, so I don't think I'll be able to stop playing right away. But it's free-to-play from now on, I won't be picking up any Blizzard games in the future, and I'm definitely looking to kick the habit. Maybe Wizards will finally release Mac and iOS versions of MTG Arena in the near future.
    Check out our O'Reilly Book, "Creating Augmented and Virtual Realities: Theory and Practice for Next-Generation Spatial Computing"
    I contributed Chapter 13: "Virtual Reality Enterprise Training Use Cases"

22. - Top - End - #1132

I had a Arena deck from before the changes, and the difference in deck quality is night and day. Probably going to retire early and get an upgrade.
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

23. - Top - End - #1133

The Hearthstone subreddit is giving away 5 virtual blizzcon tickets, if anyone's interested in that

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Firbolg in the Playground

Okay guys, maximum hype time.

5 free legendaries for everyone at expansion launch, with a core mechanic that is very reminiscent of C'thun.

Preorder with a Deathwing Warrior Hero option

And most importantly, for the first time in 4 years a new game mode is being added. And it's free. And it doesn't require a collection. And it has a ladder system. And it launches into Beta on Tuesday!
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

25. - Top - End - #1135

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post

5 free legendaries for everyone at expansion launch, with a core mechanic that is very reminiscent of C'thun.

And most importantly, for the first time in 4 years a new game mode is being added. And it's free. And it doesn't require a collection. And it has a ladder system. And it launches into Beta on Tuesday!
    I'm pretty hype for the Rogue Galakrond. Supports miracle Rogue pretty well, which is one of my favorite archetypes.

Also hype for the Druid breath card, cuz it's so good

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    I'm pretty hype for the Rogue Galakrond. Supports miracle Rogue pretty well, which is one of my favorite archetypes.

Also hype for the Druid breath card, cuz it's so good
    Same, I am 100% going to make a Heistbaron/Galakrond Rogue deck this expansion. I'm seeing potential for a Galakrond Zoolock deck, especially since those support cards leans hard on having a wide board (btw, NONE WILL SURVIVE Reporting for duty, Warlock's Galakrond Hero Power is summon two 1/1 Imps.)

Hero Power Hunter (so... Hunter) is looking to be pretty good, though honestly Dwarven Sharpshooter and Phase Stalker each could slide right into other Hunter archetypes (if only, again, Hero Power is the most Hunter thing to do.)

Looks like Priest is getting the Infinite Dragon flight, so getting Murozond as Priest's other Legendary seems to be a safe bet.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

some of those cards in the reveal trailer...

good gawd..the powercreep is whacko
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    some of those cards in the reveal trailer...

good gawd..the powercreep is whacko
    Mind elaborating? I haven't been terribly impressed with most of the cards revealed so far. Not that they're particularly bad or anything, just that I haven't seen any spectacularly powerful ones so far.

29. - Top - End - #1139

Mind elaborating? I haven't been terribly impressed with most of the cards revealed so far. Not that they're particularly bad or anything, just that I haven't seen any spectacularly powerful ones so far.
    The big one getting looked at is Druid's breath card, which is 2 mana draw 1, gain an empty mana crystal if you're holding a dragon. Which means if you're holding a dragon, it's unnerfed Wild Growth + cycle. Which is pretty bonkers.

Of course, that requires Druid to have access to good dragons, which isn't really the case so far. The new common Druid dragon is decent, Ysera Unleashed is... meh. Malygos Druid is a thing, of course, but you definitely need more than one dragon in your deck to run it.

Some people think Shaman's breath card is crazy, but again, that requires Shaman to have access to good dragons.

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post

By 5 free legendaries, do you mean we're getting all five versions of Galakrond as freebies? Because that's awesome if so. Though I have to wonder, are the five Galakronds the only Hero cards we're getting, or do the good classes get ones too? Because it feels like they deliberately waited for this last set to make any new ones, and I'd really wish that if they did that, it meant every class was getting one.

Anyway, I have to say I'm pretty happy that we're finally getting a Dragon-themed set in the Year of the Dragon. Seems a bit of a strange way to cap off the "storyline" the year's been going with (we set up a group of villains, then had a group of heroes rise to oppose them... and now suddenly there's a group of Dragons popping up for the finale for some reason?), but whatever, that's fine. I goddamn hope this can make Dragon Paladin be an actual thing at long last. I liked the Dragon cards the class got in Rise of Shadows, but hey have languished in uselessness ever since...

Anyway, the new game mode confuses me, I can't really follow their descriptions of it on the website. Guess I'll try it when it comes out (because the beta is only available if you buy one of the expensive pre-order bundles, so I won't get to do that), but my initial assumption is that it'll wind up like Dungeon Run for me. Not meaning that I think it'll play like that the way all the recent single-player stuff has, but that I think I'll play it for a little while when it's new, then the novelty will wear off and I'll lose interest.

Wait, nevermind, Trump put up videos showcasing it. Boy is it weird. Not sure how interested I'll be in it. Don't like how RNG-heavy it is with the random attacking at first glance.

But, most importantly, new cards to talk about! Spoilering for length.
    Spoiler: New Cards
    Show
    Shield of Galakrond - Neutral 5 mana 4/5. Taunt, Invoke.
    - Seems pretty solid to me. The three Galakrond powers we know off all make this look like a good value - it's either putting a Lackey into your hand in Rogue, a random class minion into your hand in Priest, or two 1/1 Imps on the board in Warlock. Likely to see play in any Galakrond-using decks, I feel.

Seal Fate: Rogue 3 mana spell. Deal 3 damage to an undamaged character. Invoke.
    - Not sure why it has the undamaged restriction, but eh, that isn't usually a big deal. Seems like a good card if Rogue can use Galakrond, 3 damage and a Lackey for 3 mana.

Galakrond, the Nightmare: Rogue 7 mana Hero. Battlecry: Draw 1 card, it costs 0 (Invoke twice to upgrade). New hero power: 2 mana, put a Lackey in your hand.
    - Definitely has potential. That battlecry is strong, especially when fully upgraded (and incidentally, it sucks that the card gallery can't display what the upgrades are - I only know that the final version is Draw 4 and equip a 5/2 weapon because of Trump's video on the first few cards revealed). My question is whether the upgrade effect only triggers if you're holding Galakrond in your hand when you Invoke, though - that's how upgrades of the past worked, and makes this substantially harder to upgrade since, well, legendary, there will only be one in your deck. If that's so, I'm a bit iffier on these cards' overall power level, but they're definitely worth a shot, I think.

Yesra Unleashed: Druid 9 mana 4/12 Dragon. Battlecry: shuffle 7 Dream Portals into your deck. When drawn, summon a random Dragon.
    - Well, random Dragons are typically good. Shuffling cards that do stuff when drawn into your deck, typically less good, though Druid has a lot of draw power at the moment - though that is in Quest Druid with the 1/4 draw minion and Choose Both Nourish, and I don't know whether that deck wants to incorporate a bunch of Dragons that don't benefit from the quest. And a 9 mana 4/12 that does nothing on the turn it comes down, also typically less good - hence why we've sadly seen so little of classic Ysera in such a long time. Sadly, not feeling this one at the moment.

Lightning Breath: Shaman 3 mana spell. Deal 4 damage to a minion. If you're holding a Dragon, also damage its neighbors.
    - Mini-Flamestrike at less than half the cost? Sign me the heck up! I've already done some Dragon synergy Control Shamans once or twice in the past, and holy Toledo is this a good card for that. If Shaman's other Dragon cards look this good, we might see Dragon Shaman emerge as a real thing, despite how strong Quest Shaman already is.

Emerald Explorer: Druid 6 mana 4/8 Dragon. Taunt. Battlecry: Discover a Dragon.
    - Holy smokes, is that good. Good stat distribution for a taunt minion at that price, plus a solid Discover battlecry? That is a serious push to a value-oriented, non-Quest Druid. Ysera may be less convincing, but this looks like it gives Dragon/Control Druid more potential.

Phase Stalker: Hunter 2 mana 2/3. After you use your Hero Power, cast a Secret from your deck.
    - So, oddly enough, Hunter basically gets Inspire all over again. On the up side, they're making the Inspire effects stronger this time - this is Mad Scientist's deathrattle, which was great. But it was also free on a body only slightly weaker than this, while this costs an extra 2 mana, using a hero power that doesn't impact the board. Given how bad Inspire was outside of exactly Murloc Knight (which still fell off when more weak Murlocs were added to the pool), and the fact that Hunter hero power in particular doesn't feel like one of the better ones to use Inspire with, I'm a bit skeptical of all of these at the moment despite the effects' power. But I'm also the wrong guy to judge Hunter cards, so, we'll see.

Dwarven Sharpshooter: Hunter 1 mana 1/3. Your Hero Power can target minions.
    - Hey, it's that one old card whose name I've forgotten and can't be bothered to look up, but dropped to 1 mana and losing only 1 attack for it. That's a definite improvement, to be sure, but I don't know whether it's enough of one to make it see play. Wait and see mode here.

Dragonbane: Hunter 4 mana 3/5 Mech. After you use your Hero Power, deal 5 damage to a random enemy minion.
    - Pretty darn strong Inspire effect on a reasonable body for the cost - they're definitely pushing this. Still, same comments as Phase Stalker, I am skeptical and unsure of how this experiment will turn out just at the moment.

Twin Tyrant: Neutral 8 mana 4/10 Dragon. Battlecry: Deal 4 damage to two random enemy minions.
    - My question is, can the two shots hit the same target, or do they have to hit two different ones? If the former, this might have potential; if the latter... it's a lot more meta dependent, I think. If any Dragon deck takes off it feels like this won't be great, since 4 damage typically won't kill a lot of Dragons. Still, as pack filler goes, it's above the usual curve, I think.

Evasive Drakonid: Neutral 7 mana 7/7 Dragon. Taunt, Cannot be Targeted by spells or Hero Powers.
    - My initial reaction was to brush this aside as too vanilla, but honestly, we've never seen a taunt + can't be targeted minion with stats this good before, so it might just have potential. I'm particularly thinking of it in combination with Dragonspeaker in Paladin, which can handbuff it into a 10/10 Taunt + Can't be targeted. Might be a thing.

Praise Galakrond: Rogue 1 mana spell. Give a minion +1 attack. Invoke.
    - Eh, feels like one of the weaker Invoke cards to me. As we've seen with the Rush lackey, +1 attack is often not that impactful. Still, putting a Lackey into your hand plus an extra effect for only 1 mana isn't something I can totally dismiss, it might just be good enough to see play.

Umbral Stalker: Rogue 4 mana 3/3. Battlecry: If you've Invoked twice, put three coins into your hand.
    - That is a lot of bonus mana for Invoking twice. The big question I guess is, how likely are you to Invoke twice before turn 4 in Rogue? So far, doesn't look like very - you might use Seal Fate on 3, but your only other early Invoke so far revealed is Praise Galakrond, which requires a minion on your side of the board first (unless you're willing to hand your opponent a buff just to get a Lackey, anyway), making it trickier to see play that quickly. So that depends on further Invoke cards. If it's not likely to be active on turn 4, how good is this? Eh... iffier. It's still strong in the mid-game, but coins lose a lot of value at turn 10+ typically. With that many that you can guaranteed get though someone might make a combo deck that does an 11+ mana combo to OTK though, so that's definitely a worry. I don't know, hard card to evaluate just at the moment.

Breath of Dreams: Druid 2 mana spell. Draw a card. If you're holding a Dragon, gain an empty mana crystal.
    - Wild Growth is back and better than ever, but only in a Dragon deck. So far, we're on 2/3 Dragon Druid cards that look pretty darn good. But the fact that they don't seem like they just go into the Quest deck and the class otherwise lacks a lot of support for a more Control-oriented playstyle right now still makes me iffy. I'd be quite happy if any Dragon Control deck works out to be good, just not sure if it'll be Druid.

Galakrond, the Wretched: Warlock 7 mana Hero. Battlecry: Summon 1 random Demon (Invoke twice to upgrade). New hero power: 2 mana, Summon two 1/1 Imps.
    - Okay, not knowing the upgraded versions of the hero power makes evaluating this harder, particularly since the Rogue one unexpectedly jumped from 2 cards at level 2 to 4 and a weapon at level 3, so there may be a big power spike at the max level I'm missing. Still, this is the Galakrond that we know of so far that I'm personally the least interested in. It feels more aimed at Zoo Warlock rather than a Control one, which saddens me, because summoning tokens is typically more of a Zoo thing to do. Certainly that hero power has nothing on Jaraxxus or Bloodreaver Gul'dan's. The battlecry is Gul'dan-ish, particularly if it spikes more when fully upgraded, but it's also random where Gul'dan got you demons that were good enough to be in your deck to begin with, so even that's iffier. And as with the Rogue Galakrond, there's the question of whether it needs to be in your hand to upgrade, which could make a big different.

Dragonblight Cultist: Warlock 3 mana 1/1. Invoke. Battlecry: Gain +1 attack for each other friendly minion.
    - So, on an empty board, this is a 3 mana 3/1 + two 1/1 demons. That's probably not great - yes, it's 5/3 of stats for 3, but not distributed well. On a bigger board the main body gets more attack, but is still stuck at 1 health and dies to hero powers, any AoE, a 1/1 on the enemy board (or 1/1 rush like the Lynxes in Hunter), etc. One of the less impressive Invoke cards. Also another reason the Warlock Galakrond looks Zoo-oriented, Control Warlock would scoff at this.

Fiendish Rites: Warlock 3 mana spell. Invoke. Give your minions +1 attack.
    - Assuming the buff happens after Invoking, this is two 2/1 demons for 3 on an empty board, which sucks. That means it's very much aimed at Zoo Warlock, to my sadness. Could be good there though. ...actually, now I wonder whether Invoke works if you don't run Galakrond? Because even if Galakrond himself doesn't turn out to be something that Zoo wants, I could still see this being something it wants. Tokens plus a buff plays so perfectly with their game plan.

Veiled Worshipper: Warlock 4 mana 5/4. Battlecry: If you've Invoked twice, draw three cards.
    - Chalk up another in the "Galakrond Warlock is zoo-oriented" category. Control Warlock doesn't normally need extra card draw, since they'll use Life Tap a decent amount until their hero card comes down. Zoo is always happy for more since they empty their hand fast - and this helps make up for losing Life Tap if they play Galakrond himself. Again, not sure if Galakrond Zoo will be a thing, but if it is, this will be in it.

Galakrond the Unspeakable: Priest 7 mana Hero. Battlecry: Destroy 1 random enemy minion (Invoke twice to upgrade). New hero power: 2 mana, add a random Priest minion to your hand.
    - Again, not knowing the upgrades or whether it needs to be in your hand to upgrade hurts my ability to evaluate this. At first glance though, it's the Galakrond that we know of that looks weakest to me, but most appeals to me personally. Because that Hero Power is infinite value for a Control Priest, and that battlecry is very much something Control Priest wants. So while I'm iffy at best on whether it will be good, I look forward to trying it.

Devoted Maniac: Neutral 4 mana 2/2 minion. Rush, Invoke.
    - Possibly the weakest Invoke card revealed, it doesn't look particularly good with any of the known Galakronds to me. Unless Invoke is just super valuable in some deck, I'm not expecting much from it.

Time Rip: Priest 5 mana spell. Destroy a minion. Invoke.
    - Assassinate plus Invoke? Not bad, but not amazing. If Galakrond Control Priest goes anywhere I'd expect it to run this, but this doesn't push that deck much I feel.

Fate Weaver: Priest 4 mana 3/6 Dragon. Battlecry: If you've Invoked twice, reduce the cost of cards in your hand by 1.
    - This, on the other hand, kind of does. 4 mana 3/6 is good stats, and a Thaurissan tick as a battlecry is big. Though sadly it does push the deck in a combo-oriented direction, which I'm less a fan of than the Control direction of the other Galakrond Priest cards. At the moment it doesn't look like you can drop it on 4 and get the battlecry though, there's no known neutral or Priest Invoke cards that cost 3 or less, and that is a consideration.

Toxic Reinforcements: 1 mana Hunter spell. Sidequest: use your Hero Power three times. Reward: Summon three 1/1 Leper Gnomes.
    - Leper Gnomes are for aggro; using your hero power a lot typically isn't. Granted, Hunter Hero Power is oriented towards aggro, but even Face Hunters only used it when they had nothing better to do. Not terribly impressed with this one at the moment.

Learn Draconic: Mage 1 mana spell. Sidequest: spend 8 mana on spells. Reward: Summon a 6/6 Dragon.
    - Now that's more like it as a sidequest reward - 1 man 6/6, relatively easy condition. Don't know what Mage deck will want this (could they possibly give Quest Mage enough tools to be more than a fringe deck this time?), but if a Mage deck that uses a lot of spells is a thing, I would expect to see this in it.

Azure Explorer: Mage 4 mana 2/3 Dragon. Spell Damage +2. Battlecry: Discover a Dragon.
    - Terrible stats for the cost, spell damage... but it does get value from that discover. I don't know, seems like a bad hodge-podge of effects to me at first glance, but maybe there's a niche for it in some Mage deck I can't currently imagine.

Primordial Explorer: Hunter 3 mana 2/3 Dragon. Poisonous. Battlecry: Discover a Dragon.
    - Dragon-type Cobra with Discover a Dragon on it? Solid. Not sure what Hunter deck wants it, but on its own, it's a good card, so it might find a place.

Malygos, Aspect of Magic: mage 5 mana 2/8 Dragon. Battlecry: if you're holding a Dragon, Discover an upgraded Mage spell.
    - Impossible to evaluate without know what an "upgraded Mage spell" means, which the gallery gives me no clues about. I will say, that two attack stat sucks though, so they'd better be pretty good to make this appealing.

Deathwing, Mad Aspect: Warrior 8 mana 12/12 Dragon. Battlecry: Attack ALL other minions.
    - Well, it's an 8 mana 12/12 on an empty board, but that's unlikely to ever happen since even Warrior doesn't get 2 mana board wipe. So it's really more like an 8 mana board wipe that might leave you a 12/x - if that, since if the enemy has more than 12 attack worth of minions, it dies without wiping the board. Yeah, first impression, not a fan.

Waxadred: Rogue 5 mana 7/5 Dragon. Deathrattle: Shuffle a Candle into your deck that resummons Waxadred when drawn.
    - Value Rogue card, very slow, probably not great as such.

Sand Breath: Paladin 1 mana spell. Give a minon +1/+2. If you're holding a Dragon, give it Divine Shield.
    - Good cheap buff for Dragon Paladin... but Dragon Paladin is decidedly not an aggro deck, and I question whether even a buff this cost-effective is worth running in a slower deck when it's just a 1 mana buff.

Candle Breath: Rogue 6 mana spell. Draw 3 cards. Costs 3 less if you're holding a Dragon.
    - 3 mana draw 3 in Dragon Rogue, not bad. But what else does Dragon Rogue get to come together as a deck? Because even with this, my skepticism of Waxadred remains, personally, and I don't assume that Galakrond Rogue will necessarily be a Dragon deck.

Corrosive Breath: Hunter 2 mana spell. Deal 3 damage to a minion. If you're holding a Dragon, it also hits the enemy hero.
    - Solid spell for an aggro Dragon Hunter, if such a thing exists. Doesn't seem like the kind of deck that the other Dragon Hunter card, the Primordial Explorer, pushes, though, an Dragon cards in the past haven't typically been aggro-oriented, so I have to question whether it'll see play. Though maybe the classic 2 mana deal is just enough on its own.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2019-11-02 at 12:49 PM.