New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Unresolved Plot Point Collection Thread Revisited

Quote Originally Posted by Jasdoif View Post
    The sequence of events wherein his plucky low level cleric niece absconds with his body, hiding it from the rest of the ship's crew with a combination of gentle repose and invisibility, until she gets a hold of a scroll of resurrection somehow...and then, when she tells him Azure City was lost because of an uptight green stick in the mud, he doesn't quite grasp the reference and goes after Roy Greenhilt and the Order of the Stick for revenge....Is probably too specific to qualify as a plot hole when it didn't happen.
    Hence the joke XD
    I mean, they could have known there was a body. For all we know there is a remarkably hearse like boat or three that held all of the bodies of the dead which were scorched (to prevent insect, decomposers, etc. from growing) and then stored in the event that they find enough diamonds to resurrect them. There were evidently at least one personal capable of resurrecting them, but with or without a small stash leftover for the revival of Hinjo and the like, I doubt they would have had enough for all of the dead that managed to be brought onto boats.

Also, I'd imagine he would be after them due to him being greatly mistreated. Guy Wizard will not tolerate those who treat NPCs as mere tools to be used! He stands for us all!
    Last edited by Squire Doodad; 2019-04-08 at 08:58 PM.
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm

"I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
    I've read through all of the first post, and I find that the one question I'm actually asking myself, out of the bunch, is "what happened to Playgrounder 'Sunken Valley'?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    We don't talk about banned posters.
    Is that official forum policy? I remember finding in an archive the reason Sunken Valley was banned, and my particular sense of humor found it pretty funny.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    We don't talk about banned posters.
    Whether or not you did it on purpose, you actually answered a good chunk of my question right there. I was wondering if he'd passed away as a participant on this board, like Mark / Wrecan.

edit - given that I've had a few opportunities to realize my type of humor shares a lot with Ruck's, now I'm back again to being curious, damn it.

... maybe Ruck would be kind enough to send me a PM? please pretty please?
    Last edited by lio45; 2019-04-08 at 10:04 PM.
    Offer good while supplies last. Two to a customer. Each item sold separately. Batteries not included. Mileage may vary. All sales are final. Allow six weeks for delivery. Some items not available. Some assembly required. Some restrictions may apply. All entries become our property. Employees not eligible. Entry fees not refundable. Local restrictions apply. Void where prohibited. Except in Indiana.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    Is that official forum policy?
    Yes, it is specifically mentioned in the rules.
    This signature was written by me, Aveline, to indicate that this message was written by me, Aveline.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    Is that official forum policy?
    Ayep. From the Forum Rules:

Protesting Bannings/Glorifying or Discussing Banned Posters: We value our posters, and take care only to ban posters who commit egregious or repeated violations of our Rules. Once that action is taken, though, it is an Inappropriate topic to discuss, glorify, or memorialize banned posters or their rules violations. We have found in the past that such displays are disruptive to the community. If you have a concern regarding a banned poster, we ask that you send a PM to Roland St. Jude, the Forum Guru.
    Quote Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
    Whether or not you did it on purpose, you actually answered a good chunk of my question right there.
    Actually, when the mods ban a poster, their forum title changes from whatever it was to "Banned," so it's public knowledge when that happens to anyone. Any further info will have to be requested from Roland St. Jude.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2019-04-08 at 10:18 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Indeed. I think it would be a good idea if the first post was edited not to include a reference to a banned member, so that discussions like this don't come up again.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    People suffering over powerful strangers' capriciousness? Sounds like my kind of movie. I'll have to watch it sometime.

(I assume you're warning me not to watch the trailer if I were interested in watching the movie, so I didn't.)
    There is one little thing that I personally skipped over in the trailer that you might want to be cognizant of - and the reason why you don't see the movie much anymore.

The final scenes where they do the "insider trading" was shot at the commodities market in New York City... at the World Trade Center.
    "Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
    Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

The Mod on the Silver Mountain: It's dead, Jim.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2