Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

yuk Re: Not April Fool's WW I: Bermuda Playground

Okay, at this point I am retracting my vote for Ramsus. Right now they are reading as neutral (either they have some unusual goal involving outlandish voting schemes, or they are the tanner, at least in my mind),

Murska's word choices do seem a bit unusual...But I don't know where they are leading just yet. I'm at least a little suspicious, but leaning towards a neutral at this point.

Caerulea If you did not want to get wet, why did you vote for The Boat (if I'm not mistaken, you were the third vote for it)? As a side note (and yes, this is a little silly), are you now voting for "the local government", since it is the last thing you wrote in red?

Now for a quick rest.
    Last edited by kgato503; 2019-04-30 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Vote Change

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Not April Fool's WW I: Bermuda Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tanar Aerdoth View Post
    I don't know what to make of this [redacted] thing. I'm unvoting for a moment.
    Do not worry. The [redacted] does not exist. There is nothing to be concerned about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kgato503 View Post
    Caerulea If you did not want to get wet, why did you vote for The Boat (if I'm not mistaken, you were the third vote for it)? As a side note (and yes, this is a little silly), are you now voting for "the local government", since it is the last thing you wrote in red
    I am not, because I did not cross out my previous vote. However, my new vote is for: kinglinus1 because Logic implies they are worth voting for.
    Last edited by Caerulea; 2019-04-30 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Vote redacted
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meus est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not a humanoid. Come not be one too.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kinglinus1 View Post
    Okay, Okay, calm down, you've convinced me, I won't try to lynch The Bus. I'll try and lynch... someone... I'm not sure. But I very much believe that Ramsus is not responsible for Cuthalion's death.

Xihirli, who are you voting for?
    Honestly this Illuminati win thing sounds like it's the town losing. Should we take out Requilac so that this can't happen, or count on the wolves to do it? Are the Illuminati the wolves?
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by flatfooted View Post
    Nice to know you're consistently homicidal, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Xihirli's ability to stay alive has befuddled all of science for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thematthew View Post
    I love you, you kooky loon.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Honestly this Illuminati win thing sounds like it's the town losing. Should we take out Requilac so that this can't happen, or count on the wolves to do it? Are the Illuminati the wolves?
    Spoiler: Information from the screenshot
    Show
    Looking at the screen grab, it says that Requilac wins if all the wolves die. Based on the wording, those of the Illuminati are townies that just have two possible win conditions, instead of one (they win if A or B happens, rather than just A). This is all assuming that Requilac is not a master of Photoshopping who is trying to locate the Illuminati to kill them all and fulfill their own separate win condition...Voting wise, Requilac should still act in a mostly town fashion (at the very least, they should vote in an anti-wolf manner).

Honestly, I say let the wolves worry about it for now. If Requilac is still around on D3, then we might need to reexamine it. But, right now I feel that lynching a player who we now know the role and affiliation of (townie, with a twist) will hobble the town in the long run (if we get there). If Requilac's reveal ploy works, then the town has already lost, and there is not a lot I feel we can do about it (it may be a bit late in the day to get a full wagon going in time, and if the Illuminati all get together before the day is called, it would appear that they win). I feel we should continue on assuming that the ploy either does not work, or does not completely work. In which case, gaining more information and ferreting out the wolves are our top priorities.

On a different note, Caerulea, you did not answer my question about your D1 vote. Why did you vote Boat?

5. - Top - End - #125

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Woof. The bus is a safe spot from the storms. The light of day shines upon us as the clouds part. Bark.

I think voting for oneself is bad, but that didn't work out yesterday, so Ramsus, since voting for non-wolves is also bad.
    This seems to be ignoring the discussion before it. Murska
    Last edited by Tanar Aerdoth; 2019-04-30 at 11:39 PM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Assuming we have a game in the night and going with my Neutral read for Ramsus, I'm going to go back to the self-voter Silent_Interim.
    Show
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Illuminati thing is cool and all, but I'm really curious about how the graupel thing came about. I'm guessing Requilac chose graupel and SouthEast as his weather and direction, but his night action isn't an attack. Maybe whoever he enhanced had an attack they used on Fleeing Coward, but it's weird that FC would survive an enhanced attack, even if a protector happened to target him as well. Maybe the attack wasn't enhanced, and the graupel got incorporated into the attack for some other reason?

Oh well, I'll worry about that later. Let's see how the bandwagons are doing.

Ramsus: 2 votes (Fleeing Coward and Murska)
    Fleeing Coward: 2 votes (Silent_Interim and Ramsus)
    kinglinus1: 2 votes (Logic and Caerulea*)
    Requilac: 1 vote (Elenna)
    Murska: 1 vote (Tanar Aerdoth)
    Caerulea: 1 vote (Kgato503)
    Silent_Interim: 1 vote (Xihirli)

Okay... this doesn't look good. We should probably try to get somebody above the two vote mark. my first impulse is to throw my vote on kinglinus1, since he's been flying under the radar the most of the three front runners, but him defending Ramsus and making vague statements that hint at him being some sort of information-gathering role make me apprehensive. I don't really know his play style, so it's hard to get a read on whether he's being careless or manipulative. I do remember enough of FC's habits to not be suspicious of his current behavior, even if there is some surface-level wolfishness there. That leaves Ramsus, who I'm not really feeling as a wolf. Eh, I'll just go with my gut, and my gut tells I'm least likely to regret a vote for kinglinus1.

* Assuming that vote isn't canceled out be [redacted] and the local government
    Last edited by BourgeoisJerry; 2019-05-01 at 03:28 AM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Bugbear in the Playground

Apparently I got trolled by the narrator since according to Duck, all it means is that there was a snowstorm so the graupel thing was just flavour and not an attack?

- - - Updated - - -

So something might have been done to me still but whatever it was, it wasn't actually a killing action since I can still cheat death once.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

I um, was unaware of the rule against role PMs. I will delete it now, but I am not sure how much it will help, given how far the cat is out of the bag right now. And I mean, that cat ran halfway to the moon at the moon at this point, so itís just kind of holding up a giant bag so that others donít see, cause itís not like we are catching.

I will say more relevant things later, but for now I donít have enough time for anything more than this.
    My 5e Monster Features Index

My D&D 5e homebrew

The Necronomicon: an >30 Page Long Lovecraftian Mini-Supplement

The Investigator Base Class Won 3rd place in the 1st GitP 5e base class contest

Yubsharasehn Vampyres Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Theme of Shapeshifters

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!

10. - Top - End - #130

On a different note, Caerulea, you did not answer my question about your D1 vote. Why did you vote Boat?
    It was entertaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by BourgeoisJerry View Post
    Caerulea*

* Assuming that vote isn't canceled out be [redacted] and the local government
    It was not.
    Extended Signature.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Orc in the Playground

I still donít believe in them.
    Just a conspiracy of Cartographers than?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Umm, yeah, sorry about that. The graupel was probably my fault. I know for a fact that I did release some Graupel out last night, but I am not wholly sure if my storm was the one that hit you. If it's of any relevance, you were to the SouthEast last night.

Okay, it's time for a powerplay on my part. Brethren and Sistren, we can ace this game 'fore the end of the day if you listen to my plan.

Harken all to my words! For I call the Order of the Ancient Triangle, Those Who Look upon the Eye Encapsuled in the Pyramid, The Once and Future World Order, The Illuminati, to gather for a final sacrament! For I, the Wise Old Man, have been granted a prophecy by the god of the One Less than a Thousands Ducks, that when all of those sworn to the Illuminati have found each other, they shall reign supreme over this game in triumph! So come together my siblings, present yourself to the Playground (or you know, me over PM should work to) so that we may all find eachother, form the Sacred Triangle and Light the Sacred eye, and let us blare our light upon the Playground! If we all find eachother before the wolves or our enemies can slay us, then we shall automatically win! Arise my family in the shadows, Let us End this! For once we have found one another, the Playground is ours!

And Please do it quickly, because the Duck God has also portended to me that there are some out there who would prefer me dead. And you know, it's really going to throw a wrench in the works if we die before we can complete the ritual.

I not only have words to back up my evidence though, I have proof! Lo and Behold the vision itself that the Duck God has presented to me. I have a link to a screenshot of the role PM which Duck999 has sent me saved in my Google Drive... Library of Supreme Transcendance! And take careful consideration into the date and time, for this PM was sent before the game even started, so I could not have tampered with it using a game action!

And please my Illuminati family, don't refrain from joining us because you wouldn't want it to end so quickly. We can just run another game immediately afterwards if it is a problem. I would even be willing to host it following the exact same rules if Duck can't. Let's get the novelty of ending the game on Day 2 though, just for once. It will make for quite a story in the future.
    Ha! You must think I'm an idiot, that I would reveal that I was a member of the Illuminati to everyone.

I'm not that dumb mister.

I will be voting for Fleeing Coward

Please don't murder me...
    Last edited by kinglinus1; 2019-04-30 at 11:44 PM.
    Whether loved or hated, all characters die. A minority opinion holds that the righteous ones are really just Put on a Bus until the head writer's son gets back from his coffee break.

Thank you Honest Tiefling for this Rocking Avatar, Man I like that Tiefling.

"Sorry I couldnít get on yesterday, personal stuff happened. Why are we lynching a boat?"

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tanar Aerdoth View Post
    This seems to be ignoring the discussion before it. Murska
    People vaguely claiming to think Ramsus is not evil is, as a matter of principle, not going to sway my voting. If you're town and want to roleclaim, then roleclaim. If you're town and want to vaguely throw out something that maybe might mean you've got mechanical information on something, don't. That's only good for the wolves.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Apparently I got trolled by the narrator since according to Duck, all it means is that there was a snowstorm so the graupel thing was just flavour and not an attack?

- - - Updated - - -

So something might have been done to me still but whatever it was, it wasn't actually a killing action since I can still cheat death once.
    Wait, so Fleeing Coward, do you have any reason to still be voting Ramsus?
    Last edited by Elenna; 2019-04-30 at 09:49 PM.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

14. - Top - End - #134

Kinglinus1 for been third on my wagon and a viable wagon.

I am your vigilante so if I do die today, lynch those on my wagon tomorrow. If I live, I'm shooting someone on my wagon tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Wait, so Fleeing Coward, do you have any reason to still be voting Ramsus?
    I also crossed out my vote for Ramsus when I made that post so you're wolfy as hell for using that as justification for voting me.
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2019-04-30 at 10:56 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    It was entertaining.
    *Looks at Caerulea's avatar* I find that statement fitting. While the action itself was not helpful for the town, I will back off for now.

kinglinus1 do you have a stronger argument for why you should not be killed then that you are not Illuminati?

16. - Top - End - #136

*Looks at Caerulea's avatar* I find that statement fitting. While the action itself was not helpful for the town, I will back off for now.
    It was also not helpful to me, as somebody left me alone in a thunderstorm with no shelter. You bastard.
    kinglinus1 do you have a stronger argument for why you should not be killed then that you are not Illuminati?
    What is wrong with the Illuminati? Just because they are an ancient conspiracy with vaguely defined goals does not mean that they are not hardworking and valuable members of this town. In fact, I say we put them in charge.
    Extended Signature.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Aren't the Illuminati supposed to be a secret order?
    Well if I told you it was a secret order, then it wouldn't really be a secret now, would it?

There is no such thing as the order of the [redacted]. Any evidence to the contrary does not exist, and is a figment of your imagination. Keep calm. If you find yourself believing in the [redacted], contact the local government for non-existence therapy. Any claims that non-existence therapy consists of killing you and hiding the fact you existed are false. If you believe them, contact the local government for therapy. Remember, a compliant citizen is a good citizen.
    This message is brought to you by [Redacted]... the local government ... [redacted]

So what? The Illuminati is to leave the rest of us Playgrounders behind and have an insta-win without Town's participation?
    That's not the evil shadow organization I was promised.
    Exactly right. If the Illuminati completes the ritual, it is they who win, not the town.

It was also not helpful to me, as somebody left me alone in a thunderstorm with no shelter. You bastard.

What is wrong with the Illuminati? Just because they are an ancient conspiracy with vaguely defined goals does not mean that they are not hardworking and valuable members of this town. In fact, I say we put them in charge.
    I am [redacted]... the local government's representative... [redacted], and I approve of this message.

And seeing as how we are in a tied vote between KingLinus and Fleeing Coward, and ties result in no lynch, which is actually the safest bet for me and the rest of the illuminati at this point so that we don't accidentally kill an Illuminati. Thusly I shall vote for The Bus.

I feel like a jerk for doing this, but I suppose the whole point of Werewolf is to better my own team to the detriment of all others. If anybody really thinks that my playstyle is detrimental to the fun of the game, please PM me.
    Last edited by Requilac; 2019-05-01 at 05:32 AM.
    My 5e Monster Features Index

My D&D 5e homebrew

The Necronomicon: an >30 Page Long Lovecraftian Mini-Supplement

The Investigator Base Class Won 3rd place in the 1st GitP 5e base class contest

Yubsharasehn Vampyres Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Theme of Shapeshifters

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!

18. - Top - End - #138

Excellent point Requilac. Fleeing Coward. I trust kinglinus1.
    Extended Signature.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Orc in the Playground

Excellent point Requilac. Fleeing Coward. I trust kinglinus1.
    I mean thanks for not lynching me.

But why do you trust me? All I've done so far is try to lynch a bus, and make vague illusions to some knowledge I have about Ramsus being innocent. I don't understand why anyone has any opinion of me at all, positive or negative. I've never even done a forum mafia game before, so it's not like this bond has been carried over...

But still, thanks again.
    Whether loved or hated, all characters die. A minority opinion holds that the righteous ones are really just Put on a Bus until the head writer's son gets back from his coffee break.

"Sorry I couldnít get on yesterday, personal stuff happened. Why are we lynching a boat?"

20. - Top - End - #140

Neither have I done a Mafia. However, you are most certainly and definitely not an Illuminati. Which is an excellent basis for trust.
    Extended Signature.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

However, you are most certainly and definitely not an Illuminati.
    Hold on, back up, have I missed something?

22. - Top - End - #142

Ha! You must think I'm an idiot, that I would reveal that I was a member of the Illuminati to everyone.

I'm not that dumb mister.
    Is this the speech of a member of the Illuminati?
    Extended Signature.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Orc in the Playground

Is this the speech of a member of the Illuminati?
    I like your wit well. Thank you for not causing bodily harm to me, or any fictional extensions of me. It's a nice change of pace, at the very least.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I also crossed out my vote for Ramsus when I made that post so you're wolfy as hell for using that as justification for voting me.
    I assumed you hadn't crossed out your vote because you hadn't voted for anyone other than Ramsus. Should have gone back and checked, sorry.

Placeholder vote on Requilac because I don't want the game to end before I can win. I'll go back and take a look at kinglinus.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure
    I am in total agreement! BourgeoisJerry! Wow, it's like the two of us have some sort of... hive mind... hmm
    is a hint at being Illuminati, actually...

And although I'd rather lynch an Illuminati than someone who is completely townie, I'd still rather lynch a wolf. flat_footed seems to have been sliding under the radar, pretty sure they've only made one post so far, on day 1. Also they voted for Ramsus who I'm pretty sure is a neutral.
    Last edited by Elenna; 2019-04-30 at 10:06 PM.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

is a hint at being Illuminati, actually...

And although I'd rather lynch an Illuminati than someone who is completely townie, I'd still rather lynch a wolf. flat_footed seems to have been sliding under the radar, pretty sure they've only made one post so far, on day 1. Also they voted for Ramsus who I'm pretty sure is a neutral.
    Oh you misunderstand. It's a reference to the forum game Rise of Ants. I think I might have posted that before we got our roles.

I'm not an Illuminati, I'm just a very sad teenager who has no real direction in life.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I have a charming personality? Does that count. But I am not Illuminati, for what it's worth. Here's the thing. I don't know what types of roles are usually in these games, so I don't know what the Illuminati can do to me if I reveal, so I'm keeping my role a secret for now, sorry.

I'll tell you what Kgato, you don't vote for me, and I'll vote with you for the next two turns, sound good?
    Last edited by kinglinus1; 2019-04-30 at 10:20 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146

Ok, let's just lynch Caerulea instead, at least everyone else voted before they knew I was the vigi.
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2019-04-30 at 11:33 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Where's your claim? I must have missed it.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148

Ok, let's just lynch Caerulea instead, at least everyone else voted before they knew I was the vigi.
    Wait, that was confirmed? I must have missed that. Well then, how about Ramsus, because they are probably neutral, and thus have unknown motivations.

On looking back, I don't see your claim. You simply say you can evade death once, with no evidence to support it (not even a role).
    Extended Signature.

29. - Top - End - #149

I am your vigilante so if I do die today, lynch those on my wagon tomorrow. If I live, I'm shooting someone on my wagon tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

My claim is right there and I'm just going to shoot Caerulea if they don't get lynched.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150

- - - Updated - - -

Caerulea

Claim above. Today reads like a dumpster fire, so I'll vote for the non-claimed option.

@Elenna

Yeah, had a bad couple of days. I had a filling come loose on Sunday while I was eating. I realized it when that same tooth came crunching down on it. Had to have it pulled yesterday, so I'm doing my best impression of a chipmunk right now. On the plus side, pain meds.
    Last edited by flat_footed; 2019-04-30 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Ninja'd by FC
    Show
    The start is a pretty good starting point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Under my leadership, the Illuminati immediately emerged victorious.

Extended Signature