Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Hell Episode: Like a Bat

"Hah... Haha! You think that, when the signs of intentionality are all around you?" He nudges Sarah to look at the shrine of resurrection. "Look at that. Just look at it! Does that look like the result of an automatic process?"

The man shakes his head.

"This place? It reeks of intentionality. Hell cares, girlie. It wants you to suffer."

He spreads his arms and spins around. "So many crushed bones! So many people who died within sight of resurrection! The irony! The symbolism! This is very much about justice, girlie! Only a human sense of justice could be twisted enough to come up with something like this!"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

"/mayhaps the shrine was built around the magma pit when it was discovered that it resurrected the Sinners? Maybe this is all a giant fluke?"

She eats more sand.

"I mean, if this existed solely to punish, the punishments would be proportionate to the crime and sinners would reincarnate when their karmic dept was repaid. And I say it's automatic because it doesn't give a damn about context."

More sand.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here.

Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

"Karma. Tch. That is exactly what I have been talking about" , the man says. "Karma is cause and effect. Karma is consequence. A karmic debt is not paid untill every last consequence of a person's act has been seen through and nullified."

He hops around Sarah so he can look her in the eye. "The oldest grains of sand in Hueco Mundo, made from corpses of the oldest Menos, have been in place longer than anyone remembers. The souls you dusted might likewise remain there for millenia. Hence, it is proportionate for you to rot here for exactly as long. In the long run, karma is fair. It is just. Neither of those words mean 'kind' or 'forgiving'. "

He looks at the sand Sarah's eating, then at Sarah again. "Those souls, they're like those Hollows you killed. It's only fitting that you'd end up chewing on them. But, you must've heard: you are what you eat. All those souls, so close to resurrection, yet they gave up."

He hops back and traces a symbol in the sand: a snake, biting its own tail. " What does this mean to you? "
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

"A really hungry snake."

Mouthful of sand.

"Think: I didn't spend an eternity crushing those souls to paste with my teeth or forcing them to flee from predators for eternity through hellish terrain. Think, is there any crime equivalent to millennia of constant, torturous deaths? Even the most depraved killer can only have a few dozen victims at the most, and the very fact that Hell is forever--no way out--is proof that this has nothing to do with atoning for one's sins. This is torture for the sake of torture, nothing more and nothing less. That is proof that this has nothing to do with karma."

Mouthful of sand.

"You also seem to be fundamentally mistaken. That pit of Magma isn't salvation. It's there so that once your body is broken beyond repair, it can be mended to ensure that your torment continues for eternity. By submitting to Oblivion here, in eyeshot of the tool that is meant to prolong their torture, they well could be spiting the very concept of Eternal damnation. If I am what I eat, then I'm the most stubborn and spiteful bitch in the universe."

Mouthful of sand.

"The Oroborous--the snake fed eternally by it' own tail--is supposed to be a theoretically perfect organism that in term represents the concept of infinite cycles. Perfection and infinity are lies. Nothing is eternal and perfect is an idea that inherently impossible to manifest in reality. The best ou can do is achieve something that's one step closer to being perfect in one specific parameter, but even that is subjective: A world wherein the barrier between the mortal world and the spirit world is maintained to a degree that is one step closer to perfect is a world where any mortals with spiritual powers are forced to choose between death or crippling themselves. One who values the alleged balance of worlds would say that this world is one step closer to perfect but one who values the autonomy of mortals would say it's one step more flawed."

Philosophical brat, isn't she? More sand.

"The old philosophers defined God--not the god of any one faith, but the idea of God, the idea of a creator--as a being who met three or four fundamental categories. Omnipotence: The state of being infinitely, absolutely powerful, possessing all abillities, even those that run counter to each other, even those that are impossible. Omniscience: The state of being all-knowing, having an all-encompassing knowledge of all things that are, were, will be, could be, and could have been. Omnipresence: The state of seeing all that happens as it happens and being able to be present, literally or in spirit, in multiple locations up to and including every space that exists even in locations that do not exist physically such as the inner worlds of the so-called Death-Gods. And Omnibenevolence: The state of being infinitely good, kind, and loving--a light so pure that evil ceases to exist in its presence. An all-encompassing love that includes even that which is harmful or ugly."

Mouthful of sand.

"Omniscience and omnipresence tend to overlap, so one is often led out, but the definition of 'God' as I've read always includes Omnipotence and Omnibenevolence. If this is true, then the very existence of Hell--a place where all crimes are treated with torture far beyond what any mortal crime could compare to until the soul loses all will and submits to oblivion--is proof that there is no singular creator. An all-powerful being who loved all souls would not allow such a place to exist. An all loving being would never allow needless or disproportionate suffering. An all loving being would always allow the possibility of redemption even after death. Hell is inherently disproportionate and once you've been condemned it doesn't matter how bad you feel, once you're here you're here until either you give up or Hell itself breaks."

"A benevolent God would not allow a place like this to exist. And if there is no benevolent god, then the best you can hope for is that he or she is present but uncaring or that he or she doesn't exist and that there's no inherent meaning to anything and creation just is becuase the alternative is that the Creator exists but is actively malevolent. I choose to believe that all the misfortune that has happened to me is the result of random coincidences. The idea of some grand orchestrator that chose to create a world with suffering or worse, deliberately orchestrated my life to include the loss of everyone I've ever been close to... A bit weird for an atheist to be using this phrasing, but I find the idea that God or Gods exist but are actively malevolent to be more blasphemous than the idea that they don't exist."

And another mouthful of sand.

"There's gotta be a faster way to do this."
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here.

Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other